The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ospreys 2015/16 Season

+43
exile jack
Exiledinborders
Cyril
No9
Rugby Fan
Alex_Germany
nathan
Valleyboy
PenfroPete
Geordie
stub
Pot Hale
maestegmafia
yappysnap
clivemcl
Notch
eirebilly
Coleman
True Raven
2ndtimeround
Shifty
Seagultaf
thespreys
glamorganalun
mikey_dragon
wayne
VinceWLB
Cardiff Dave
whocares
ScarletSpiderman
GavinDragon
chris_501
Steffan
BamBam
rumpelstiltskindoh
bedfordwelsh
George Carlin
Luckless Pedestrian
SecretFly
Stone Motif
Breadvan
PhilBB
LordDowlais
47 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Ospreys 2015/16 Season - Page 11 Empty Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by wayne Wed 02 Sep 2015, 12:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Never done one of these here before, yet cannot do any worse than last years idiot.
Head Coach Steve Tandy
Backs Coach Gruff Rees
Forwards Coach Chris Gibbes
Squad Alphabetically
TYLER ARDRON 24 Back Row                  Rhodri Hughes 20 Lock
Dimitri Arhip 26 Prop                              PAUL JAMES 33 Prop
Lloyd Ashley (Peers) 24 Lock                   AARON JARVIS 29 Prop
Dan Baker 23 Back Row                          Ben John 24 Centre
SCOTT BALDWIN 27 Hooker                    ALUN WYN JONES 29 Lock
Adam Beard 19 Lock                              JAMES KING 25 Back Row  
Joe Bearman 36 Back Row                      Brendon Leonard 30 S/H
Ashley Beck 25 Centre                            DAN LYDIATE 27 Back Row
Rynier Bernardo 24 Lock                         JOSH MATAVESI 24 Centre
Ryan Bevington 26 Prop                          Scott Otten 21 Hooker
DAN BIGGAR 25 OH                               Sam Parry 23 Hooker
Andrew Bishop 30 Centre                        Kristian Phillips 24 Wing
Jordan Collier 20 Back Row                     Martin Roberts 29 S/H
Olly Cracknell 21 Back Row                     Nicky Smith 21 Prop
Sam Davies 21 O/H                                Johnathon Spratt 29 Centre
Gareth Delve 32 Back Row                      De Kock Steenkamp 28 Lock
Hanno Dirksen 24 Wing                          Dan Suter 23 Prop
Mathew Dwyer 30 Hooker                       Gareth Thomas 23 Prop
Dan Evans 26 F/B                                  Marc Thomas 25 Prop
Lloyd Evans 24 Back Row                       Rory Thornton 20 Lock
Richard Fussell 31 F/B                            JUSTIN TIPURIC 26 Back Row  
Tom Grabham 24 Wing                           Eli Walker 23 Wing
Cai Griffiths 31 Prop                               RHYS WEBB 26 S/H
Tom Habberfield 23 S/H                         The following 2 are either temporary
JEFF HASSLER 24 Wing                          or with feeder clubs
Dafydd Howells 20 Wing                         Sam Underhill 19 Back Row
                                                           Oliver Tomaszczyk 28 Prop
The players in CAPITALS will not be available until after the first 3 games of the Guinness League due to WC call ups
The past 5 seasons we have finished 3, 5, 3, 3 and 4 at the end of the regular season, I envision us finishing around the same position this season.
We will also be without Bernardo and Suter for a while early season, we have recruited Tomaszczyk to cover Suter, Underhill came on as a substitute in the Saracens friendly and there were favourable reports about him. If we have injuries in a few key positions especially early season, that prophecy above could be out the window. There has been talk we have signed a T/H from NZ, who had a serious ankle ligament injury, we are still waiting on his rehab. It needs to be soon or we will have to rely on Jarvis, which is not a good thought.
Just to add we won our first 7 matches last season, against most peoples and my expectations, and it will be more of a shock to me if we win either of our first 2 matches this season. Too many missing through injury and International call ups.

Last edited by wayne on Wed 02 Sep 2015, 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add final paragraph)

wayne

Back to top Go down

Ospreys 2015/16 Season - Page 11 Empty Re: Ospreys 2015/16 Season

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 29 Dec 2015, 9:27 pm

Wayne, not sure that would be too good an idea, to take a ref who was highlighted during the RWC for ignoring a blatant punch which was later banned.

It would be interesting to see how many things Nige has turned a blind eye to that have ended up being cited (and then banned).
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Tue 29 Dec 2015, 9:47 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Wayne, not sure that would be too good an idea, to take a ref who was highlighted during the RWC for ignoring a blatant punch which was later banned.

It would be interesting to see how many things Nige has turned a blind eye to that have ended up being cited (and then banned).  
SS yes he made mistakes, and possibly the worse in a rugby sense was his treatment of his linesmen, don't forget how he schooled Pratterson through an error strewn period in a game for us last year, when HE was the linesman, but personally if the committee had to take evidence from the 2, and they were told the Refereeing experience of them, I know whose word I would take, it wouldn't be somebody aged 80 with no refereeing experience whatsoever.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 30 Dec 2015, 7:06 am

I see your point. And to be honest in cases like this I do thing the ref should be present purely to explain their decision process at the time. Then we know whether the ref believe they were right or if it was a brain fart on the day.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 30 Dec 2015, 11:53 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/35198891

Webb to stay on a NDC.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 30 Dec 2015, 12:06 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/35198891

Webb to stay on a NDC.

They got that one over the line then.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 30 Dec 2015, 2:28 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/35198891

Webb to stay on a NDC.
Yes good news for us and the WRU, good to have 2 quality scrum halves battling for the Welsh number 9 shirt for a few years.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Wed 30 Dec 2015, 3:48 pm

Anyway "back to the future" (couldn't resist that) Guinness Pro12 Match at the Liberty on Jan 1st 2016 against the Newport Gwent DRAGONS
I anticipate a much changed team for the Ospreys, I would think that Josh will be out because of being banned and Dmitri out because of hamstring strain, I think a few others will be benched to have a rest, AWJ, Biggar and Baldwin possibly even Paul James and even Lydiate. I could see the following squad line up
Evans, Hassler, Spratt, John, Dirksen, Davies, Habberfield, Smith, Parry, Jarvis, Ashley, Thornton, King, Tipuric and Baker with Bevington, Otten, Fia, AWJ, Cracknell, Leonard, Biggar and Walker on the bench, with hopefully not needing AWJ and Biggar. The scrum halves could be changed around as Brendons wife has had her baby, to me that would be quite a risky selection as normally the Dragons are a stubborn team to play against at the best of times and to go in weaker than we need to be, could be asking for trouble as they will be smarting after the manner of their defeat against the Blues.
I've selected that team on what I was seeing in the preview for this game, would prefer AWJ and Dan selected in the first 15, but they appeared to have bibs on
Hopefully Josh is now back in, after receiving no ban, instead of Spratt and Ben John moving to 13 that will improve our chances no end

Last edited by wayne on Wed 30 Dec 2015, 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : After Matavesi NO BAN verdict)

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Thu 31 Dec 2015, 12:23 pm

Wasn't far out with my team selection yesterday, I'm pleased there is a respect for the Dragons, it would have been unwise to have done otherwise
Evans, Hassler, John, Matavesi, Dirksen, Davies, Habberfield, Smith, Baldwin, Jarvis, Ashley, AWJ, Lydiate, Tipuric, Baker, with Parry, Bevington, Arhip, Thornton, King, Roberts, Biggar and Spratt on the bench. Obviously Dmitri has made a miraculous recovery, given Assey a weeks rest this will still not be an easy match going by past experiences.
I notice none of the Dragons fans on here have taken me up on my offer, if they come to this game I'll go to the other, so as usual it will be one man and a dog Dragons fans.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 31 Dec 2015, 1:29 pm

I'll be very hungover mate, but I'll keep it in mind for future reference - unless you were to withdraw the offer the way in which the WRU have withdrawn some NDC's...

Newport Gwent Dragons: Carl Meyer; Nick Scott, Adam Hughes, Adam Warren, Ashton Hewitt; Dorian Jones, Sarel Pretorius; Boris Stankovich, Thomas Rhys Thomas (capt), Lloyd Fairbrother, Matthew Screech, Rynard Landman, Nick Crosswell, Ollie Griffiths, Ed Jackson.

Replacements: Elliot Dee, Phil Price, Brok Harris, Cory Hill, Nic Cudd, Charlie Davies, Jason Tovey, Ross Wardle.

At the risk of sounding clichéd, Knight is surely injured (but again we haven't heard anything) as why else would you start your 3rd best TH. The team looks good elsewhere however I don't think we're strong enough to overcome the Ospreys right now. Guys like AWJ and Lydiate will be at the forefront of everything they do well.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Thu 31 Dec 2015, 1:46 pm

I dread stankovich against Jarvis....shouldn't this though have been the game we rested AWJ? We need him for the next three games and then were into the 6 nations and he's pretty much played most games since august

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 31 Dec 2015, 1:52 pm

Yeah I think this might have been a good opportunity to bring in Thornton and Bernardo. I guess AWJ is there to be a crowd pleaser too.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Thu 31 Dec 2015, 4:40 pm

True Raven, yes I agree if they both play to their ability it will be long afternoon for Jarvis, I just hope Baldwin and Nicky on the other side can nullify the advantage, this is also for Mikey, there was an interesting exchange on our forum today about the non selection of Fia, Bernardo and Thornton, it was between a respected member and the Ospreys Moderator, but basically the first 2 are doing extensive conditioning work so that they are in top condition for when we really need them (in the 6N period), he said if there had been extensive injury concerns they would have been available by now, the second part also applies to Thornton.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 31 Dec 2015, 6:17 pm

wayne wrote:
I notice none of the Dragons fans on here have taken me up on my offer, if they come to this game I'll go to the other, so as usual it will be one man and a dog Dragons fans.

Aw be nice. They're most probably still pouting after their Xmas party when Cardiff pinched all the presents. Very Happy

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Dec 2015, 6:49 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
wayne wrote:

Aw be nice. They're most probably still pouting after their Xmas party when Cardiff pinched all the presents.  Very Happy

Or maybe not that keen to meet Wayne, when all he does is snipe at Dragons all the time Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Dec 2015, 7:01 pm

wayne wrote:

Maybe people don't actually want to meet you in real life. Plenty will be making the trip, they just won't be telling you about it.

Edit: sorry, didn't see Rev's post. Both saying the same thing though!

You seem to be saying that if Dragons fans don't take you up on your offer then the travelling support will be low? Firstly, how over inflated is your own self opinion?!!' Secondly, there's only perhaps 7 Dragons fans regularly on here. Hardly the best place to advertise your 'offer' so expect the take up to be low.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 31 Dec 2015, 7:18 pm

Risca Rev wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
wayne wrote:

Aw be nice. They're most probably still pouting after their Xmas party when Cardiff pinched all the presents.  Very Happy

Or maybe not that keen to meet Wayne, when all he does is snipe at Dragons all the time Wink

I bet Wayne is alright in the flesh like most on here I suspect.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 31 Dec 2015, 8:21 pm

Google saying it's 1.6 miles from Swansea railway station to the Liberty. Is this correct? 1.3 miles on the hoof is my limit.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Thu 31 Dec 2015, 8:44 pm

Regardless of weather your going to meet the Dragons fans, just head into the club house it's always great in there before the game. Their always really friendly. It's by far the best ground for atmosphere in Wales. Hug
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 31 Dec 2015, 9:15 pm

Shifty wrote:Regardless of weather your going to meet the Dragons fans, just head into the club house it's always great in there before the game.  Their always really friendly.  It's by far the best ground for atmosphere in Wales.  Hug

The one true clubhouse?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Fri 01 Jan 2016, 9:13 am

Why have the Dragons gone for such a weak team against us? Only Landman would get into the Ospreys team. Am expecting the Ospreys to put 40-50 points on the Dragons today.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Fri 01 Jan 2016, 9:15 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Shifty wrote:Regardless of weather your going to meet the Dragons fans, just head into the club house it's always great in there before the game.  Their always really friendly.  It's by far the best ground for atmosphere in Wales.  Hug

The one true clubhouse?

The one by the stadium itself, just before you walk to the stand.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Jan 2016, 12:40 pm

Shifty wrote:Why have the Dragons gone for such a weak team against us?  Only Landman would get into the Ospreys team. Am expecting the Ospreys to put 40-50 points on the Dragons today.

Great wum.

But I'll ask you, who should they have picked? McCaw at 7 maybe? I'll happily engage with you, if you post who is an apparent "weak" selection. This should be good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Fri 01 Jan 2016, 1:53 pm

Risca Rev wrote:
Shifty wrote:Why have the Dragons gone for such a weak team against us?  Only Landman would get into the Ospreys team. Am expecting the Ospreys to put 40-50 points on the Dragons today.

Great wum.

But I'll ask you, who should they have picked? McCaw at 7 maybe? I'll happily engage with you, if you post who is an apparent "weak" selection. This should be good.

Coombs, Faletau, Dixon, Morgan, Amos, Prydie? to be honest I'm not up to scratch on all your injuries but they all can't be out surely? Erm
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Jan 2016, 2:02 pm

Shows your ignorance then. They're all out. You're a genius.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Jan 2016, 2:40 pm

Unbelievable picard

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Fri 01 Jan 2016, 3:27 pm

Sorry I had no idea I've largely switched off since the World Cup, and only been keeping up on the Ospreys games, and even then not all of them which is unusual for me.

Bloody boring game today though, 5 in the house watching it and I'm the only one still awake, you could say 6 in the house and 5 asleep but I'm not sure if we can count the cat.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 01 Jan 2016, 6:21 pm

Turd game for the most part. Can't believe two teams of pro players can play so badly. Our missed tackle count is particularly standout too, unacceptable. Ospreys weren't much better. I thought Sam Davies was a rabbit in the headlight, now I can acknowledge he did well to step a few forwards and put somebody into space but it weren't half as good as the commentary team made out. I guess Davies is their new Priestland. Dirksen was rather erratic as well, so it a little bit funny to hear them both be touted as MOTM candidates. Dan Evans was good, but quiet in the last 30.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 01 Jan 2016, 6:25 pm

wayne wrote:True Raven, yes I agree if they both play to their ability it will be long afternoon for Jarvis, I just hope Baldwin and Nicky on the other side can nullify the advantage, this is also for Mikey, there was an interesting exchange on our forum today about the non selection of Fia, Bernardo and Thornton, it was between a respected member and the Ospreys Moderator, but basically the first 2 are doing extensive conditioning work so that they are in top condition for when we really need them (in the 6N period), he said if there had been extensive injury concerns they would have been available by now, the second part also applies to Thornton.

Thought we were better in the scrum today and didn't really get rewarded for it, we mostly got penalised. By the time Arhip had his second scrum the Ospreys were perhaps a bit more solid than us there.
RE Fia and Bernardo, their conditioning must have been pretty bad if they're still doing it, it's taking longer than I expected. It's probably the best option as they'd likely get injured if brought back too soon. I think if you had these guys available you would be a little less vulnerable when defending driving lineouts. As alluded to then why not rest AWJ and have these guys on the bench at least, I would think that's a more sensible option.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sat 02 Jan 2016, 12:48 pm

Ospreys should've been 20+ points up at half time if we'd turned our possession into points and Sam hadn't had a ladle on his boot. Maybe harsh but probably the worst first half by a pro side I've seen at the Liberty in ages by the dragons. A half time rollicking by Lynn and credit due, they were the better side in the second but if Dirksen hadn't knocked on with a foot to go it would've been a be win IMO. Ospreys back play is still so lacklustre.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 02 Jan 2016, 12:58 pm

Poor game, the standard of some of the play was abysmal, do we need to start trusting Dan Evans with our place kicks? as Sam left out 8 points that he should have got, although if he had converted either of the penalties the game would have started from a different position, this is not the first game that he has missed simple kicks. Yet his overall game was pretty good at least he made the Dragons back row honest, even though he messed up a couple of offloads by taking the ball a bit too far. Thought Lyds had a good game (he needed it after his few brain farts against the Scarlets) with some prominent carries, there was a lot of wrong options taken by us, and credit where it's due the Dragons were very frustrating to play against.
Sorry Mikey, you didn't have the upper hand in the scrum, Stankovich who I thought would strangle Jarvis, did nothing except totally turn one scrum that got rightly penalised, I thought we controlled that facet of play all afternoon, I thought your 6 Crosswell and 8 Griffiths were very good but Ollie Griffiths and his replacement Cudd were totally manhandled at the breakdown.
As I said in an earlier post it was one man and his dog Dragons support that was to be expected, and I was not disappointed, there will be a lot more Ospreys supporters at the return fixture, but at least I won't have to be one of them.
We will have to have a dramatic improvement next Friday to get anything out of the Leinster game, hopefully we should have a few of the walking wounded back and available, it will need our best 23 out there and performing in the right way.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Jan 2016, 2:44 pm

Did you hear the manufactured atmosphere? You have music now instead of a band to get you going. No wonder the Dragons mob travel en masse.

Plus, it's hardly a perk meeting you either. Please come to Rodney Parade though. It won't be the same if you don't.

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sun 03 Jan 2016, 3:49 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Did you hear the manufactured atmosphere? You have music now instead of a band to get you going. No wonder the Dragons mob travel en masse.

Plus, it's hardly a perk meeting you either. Please come to Rodney Parade though. It won't be the same if you don't.
Of course I heard it, I was there, unlike any of your mob, and I have to agree with you, as has been mentioned on our board, it was pathetic and was not needed, when there are 9000 odd with NO opposition supporters there to banter against, the atmosphere is going to be dull.
If you actually met me, I bet we would get on just fine, at my time of life you get an understanding of people you would get on with, without a doubt we would be ok, there is one of your contingent on here I know I wouldn't, the further I'm from him the better, let's see further down the line whether I grace you with my presence, but as you've said up to now that you don't want to meet me, why would I bother ?Rolling Eyes

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sun 03 Jan 2016, 6:04 pm

wayne wrote:there is one of your contingent on here I know I wouldn't, the further I'm from him the better,

Dear God, let it be me

Last edited by Stone Motif on Sun 03 Jan 2016, 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wayne is a prick)
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 03 Jan 2016, 8:24 pm

Wayne if you're wanting a hook-up at Rodney Parade then ask Dowlais. He loves the Ospreys and like you he also enjoys a petty snipe at the Dragons. Being there with you whilst Ospreys beat the Dragons would be the icing on the cake Wink.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Thu 07 Jan 2016, 4:33 pm

Another thought provoking interview by the CEO of Ospreys Rugby on our website today, it shows Part 1 today, Installment 2 showing tomorrow.
It doesn't say how many Installments there are.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 07 Jan 2016, 4:34 pm

wayne wrote:Another thought provoking interview by the CEO of Ospreys Rugby on our website today, it shows Part 1 today, Installment 2 showing tomorrow.

What's the news wayne ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Thu 07 Jan 2016, 4:42 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
wayne wrote:Another thought provoking interview by the CEO of Ospreys Rugby on our website today, it shows Part 1 today, Installment 2 showing tomorrow.

What's the news wayne ?
Go and have a look Lord, I don't think you are going to like some of it, when you've finished watching it why don't you provide the link to put it on here. I would if I could

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 07 Jan 2016, 4:52 pm

wayne wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

What's the news wayne ?
Go and have a look Lord, I don't think you are going to like some of it, when you've finished watching it why don't you provide the link to put it on here. I would if I could

I bet it is about Andrew Hore wanting to sign more NWQ players, even though we have just been through a massive war, he wants to start a new one. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 07 Jan 2016, 5:04 pm

I must say, Andrew Hore is a I play with my 2inch cock of the highest order. Here's your link:-

http://www.ospreysrugby.com/News/Article/43435

He is the CEO of Ospreys, so he agreed to the settlement after the war with the WRU, and now he wants change again. FFS, why did he not say any of this when they were negotiating last time around. For the life of me, I think that man just wants to cause friction to get hos name in the media. He also wants our only four clubs to have more NWQ players, and why the fook is he comparing the Pro12 to rugby league and big bash cricket ?

I doubt I will watch tomorrow's installment, the man just winds me up.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Thu 07 Jan 2016, 5:13 pm

LordDowlais wrote:I must say, Andrew Hore is a I play with my 2inch man sausage of the highest order. Here's your link:-

He is the CEO of Ospreys, so he agreed to the settlement after the war with the WRU, and now he wants change again. FFS, why did he not say any of this when they were negotiating last time around. For the life of me, I think that man just wants to cause friction to get hos name in the media. He also wants our only four clubs to have more NWQ players, and why the fook is he comparing the Pro12 to rugby league and big bash cricket ?

Thanks for the link

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 07 Jan 2016, 5:13 pm

wayne wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:I must say, Andrew Hore is a I play with my 2inch man sausage of the highest order. Here's your link:-

Thanks for the link

Laugh

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 07 Jan 2016, 6:27 pm

Maybe he did and IIRC dodger wasn't really ever in the mood to negotiate.
Anyway, what's your objection to having a few more NWQs if it helps the 4 to be more competitive and aids the development of the better Welsh youngsters?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Thu 07 Jan 2016, 6:46 pm

Who are the stand out welsh 8 and 5 who learnt from xavier rush and Paul tito?

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 07 Jan 2016, 6:53 pm

GavinDragon wrote:Who are the stand out welsh 8 and 5 who learnt from xavier rush and Paul tito?

Dunno. Is this a quiz?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Thu 07 Jan 2016, 7:39 pm

GavinDragon wrote:Who are the stand out welsh 8 and 5 who learnt from xavier rush and Paul tito?

Who are the stand out Welsh open side, inside centre and full back who established themselves playing alongside Rush and Tito,instead of being thrashed week in week out like their neighbours down the road because they had a couple of semi pros in the pack
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 07 Jan 2016, 7:50 pm

Inspiration is an aid to development too and those two defo inspired all players. Not just fellow players either, but kids watching from the CAP terraces who no doubt we'll hear from in the near future after Cardiff win the European Cup for the third time on the bounce. Meh!

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 07 Jan 2016, 8:03 pm

Stone Motif wrote:

Who are the stand out Welsh open side, inside centre and full back who established themselves playing alongside Rush and Tito,instead of being thrashed week in week out like their neighbours down the road because they had a couple of semi pros in the pack

Aye. And that inside centre you mention would've been a great full back for Wales. I blame Ben Blair for being too blydi marvelous.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Thu 07 Jan 2016, 10:02 pm

Stone Motif wrote:

Toby faletau and Dan Lydiate didn't seem to suffer

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Thu 07 Jan 2016, 10:58 pm

GavinDragon wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

Toby faletau and Dan Lydiate didn't seem to suffer

Who has produced more international players and won more trophies?
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri 08 Jan 2016, 6:47 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

Aye. And that inside centre you mention would've been a great full back for Wales. I blame Ben Blair for being too blydi marvelous.

Wasn't it gatland who switched Roberts to centre?

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next