The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro12: Benetton Treviso v Edinburgh Rugby 12th Sept

+13
cakeordeath
Manky-Flanker
TJ
Imperialbigdave
jimbopip
cp10
Tattie Scones RRN
Nematode
BigGee
George Carlin
RDW
funnyExiledScot
EWT Spoons
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Pro12:  Benetton Treviso v Edinburgh Rugby 12th Sept - Page 3 Empty Pro12: Benetton Treviso v Edinburgh Rugby 12th Sept

Post by EWT Spoons Mon 07 Sep 2015, 9:49 am

First topic message reminder :

Benetton Treviso   v   Edinburgh Rugby
Saturday 12th September 2015,
KO 16:10 GMT
Stadio Monigo

Referee: Gary Conway (IRFU, 4th competition game)
Assistant Referees: Giuseppe Vivarini, Claudio Blessano
Citing Commissioner: Stefano Marrama (FIR)
TMO: Carlo Damasco (FIR)

Apparently being shown on TV – RAI…nope me neither
TV RAI

Treviso form

Last 3 Matches
5/9/15 Munster 18 - 13 Treviso
16/5/15 Treviso 13 - 17 Scarlets
8/5/15 Leinster 10 - 0 Treviso

Edinburgh form

Last 3 Matches
4/9/15 Edinburgh 16 - 9 Leinster
16/5/15 Edinburgh 23 - 36 Leinster
8/5/15 Dragons 19 - 5 Edinburgh

Teams:

Treviso

15. Jayden Hayward
14 Ludovico Nitoglia
13 Tommaso Iannone
12 Andrea Pratichetti
11 Simone Ragusi
10 Sam Christie
9 Chris Smylie

1 Alberto De Marchi
2 Roberto Santamaria
3 Rupert Harden
4 Duncan Naude
5 Tom Palmer
6 Marco Barbini
7 Dean Budd
8 Robert Barbieri

Replacements
Luca Bigi
Matteo Zanusso
Simone Ferrar
Filippo Gerosa
Jean-Francis Montauriol
Braam Steyn
Alberto Lucchese
James Ambrosini

Edinburgh

1 Sutherland
2 Cochrane
3 Andress
4 McKenzie
5 Toolis
6 Du Preez
7 Grant (C)
8 Manu

9 Kennedy
10 Burleigh
11 Hoyland
12 Beard
13 Dean
14 Fife
15 Tonks

Subs - Turner, Dell, Berghan, Toolis, Watson, Fowles, Johnston, Cuthbert

Last edited by EWT Spoons on Fri 11 Sep 2015, 2:49 pm; edited 4 times in total

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Pro12:  Benetton Treviso v Edinburgh Rugby 12th Sept - Page 3 Empty Re: Pro12: Benetton Treviso v Edinburgh Rugby 12th Sept

Post by RDW Sun 13 Sep 2015, 9:05 am

Highlights from last night, with the funniest background music you are every likely to hear in a rugby highlights video!

https://youtu.be/5CYqkO-bFlo

Some very good tries from Edinburgh - Hoyland's was very well taken. Visser-esque!

It's a real shame we didn't get the 4th.

In Edinburgh's defence, it was 25 degrees and very humid apparently - difficult conditions to be thrown into with little preperation for it.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Pro12:  Benetton Treviso v Edinburgh Rugby 12th Sept - Page 3 Empty Re: Pro12: Benetton Treviso v Edinburgh Rugby 12th Sept

Post by George Carlin Sun 13 Sep 2015, 9:26 am

Wow - Manu's offload for the second try was amazing.

In true Bru tradition, I have watched this video with the sounds off and the Benny Hill theme tune playing in the background. It helped. Very Happy
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Sun 13 Sep 2015, 2:36 pm

That would be quite funny but what I am having difficulty with is why you have a recording of the Benny Hill theme to hand.
Anyhoo, the backs looked quite good (I only watched the highlights to the 3rd try) but, like the unwashed ones, the scrum does seem to be struggling.
For those of you old enough, Hoyland reminds me of Iwan Tukalo in that you can tell that a sidestep is on its way but actually doing anything about it is nigh impossible.

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 13 Sep 2015, 2:41 pm

InjuredYetAgain wrote:That would be quite funny but what I am having difficulty with is why you have a recording of the Benny Hill theme to hand.
Anyhoo, the backs looked quite good (I only watched the highlights to the 3rd try) but, like the unwashed ones, the scrum does seem to be struggling.
For those of you old enough, Hoyland reminds me of Iwan Tukalo in that you can tell that a sidestep is on its way but actually doing anything about it is nigh impossible.

Tukalo - an RHS FP! He was rival wingers with my dad at one point don't you know. I say rivals, he went on to play for Scotland....

Another 'fun fact' about tukalo - he is Lee Jones' mentor!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 13 Sep 2015, 2:45 pm

InjuredYetAgain wrote:That would be quite funny but what I am having difficulty with is why you have a recording of the Benny Hill theme to hand.
If you've worked in a law job for a while, it's whatever you need to get through each day, really.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Sun 13 Sep 2015, 3:23 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:

Tukalo - an RHS FP! He was rival wingers with my dad at one point don't you know. I say rivals, he went on to play for Scotland....

Another 'fun fact' about tukalo - he is Lee Jones' mentor!

I am not sure entirely why but, going back about 10 years, Tukalo pitched up at a game we had against an Irish touring side. Even though he had stopped playing many years before, he was still the fittest, fastest (and best) player on the park by MILES.
Did he play with your dad, RDW? Tuks was in 6th year when I was in 1st year so he isn't that much older than me.

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 13 Sep 2015, 4:19 pm

I think he was a youngster when my dad was an established FP for Royal High - they played on opposite wings.

I remember a few years ago me and my old man were at an Edinburgh game, and it was the season after the HK run where Lee Jones was truly, truly awful for a long period of time. Tukalo came over to say hello and kept going on about how talented and amazing Jones was - he was having a rotten game so was difficult not to laugh!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Sun 13 Sep 2015, 4:43 pm

Gotta love Tukalo.
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 13 Sep 2015, 5:33 pm

I don't recall oor Iwan being all that fast, but then again, if Kenny Logan is our benchmark...
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Sun 13 Sep 2015, 7:06 pm

George Carlin wrote:I don't recall oor Iwan being all that fast, but then again, if Kenny Logan is our benchmark...

Trust me, playing with me and the guys I played with, he (and, in fact, climate change) looked fast

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3