The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+27
pedro
westisbest
McLaren
puligny
kwinigolfer
SmithersJones
Eyetoldyouso
BlueCoverman
MontysMerkin
Mad for Chelsea
lorus59
Bob_the_Job
Dolphin Ziggler
Davie
Be_the_ball
1GrumpyGolfer
hend085
JAS
GunsGerms
beninho
golfermartin
Roller_Coaster
I'm never wrong
incontinentia
raycastleunited
MustPuttBetter
super_realist
31 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 7 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 01 Sep 2015, 1:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

It's more the leaving it to the last minute which is nonsense. It is appalling business practice for the buyer to do this, as the seller knows they can keep the price high.

What is the point in the window being open for two months if nothing gets done until the last day? Just make it a day long, the opposite of a DFS sale.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 20 Oct 2015, 8:28 am

raycastleunited wrote:Why is Jakub illiterate?

Who has ever spelt Jacob, Jakub? How many Irish people use that spelling? Sounds like an Eastern European spelling.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 20 Oct 2015, 9:38 am

Portrush eh?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Tue 20 Oct 2015, 9:56 am

super_realist wrote:Portrush eh?

Indeed - nice to see The Open is going to be played there. Seems only fair that us illiterate bog trotters get a bit of entertainment from time to time.

Great course too - really enjoyed it when I've played it, and one R McIlroy holds the course record (when he was a 17 year old) - although some changes are being made so maybe that will not hold up any longer.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 20 Oct 2015, 9:59 am

Hopefully Turnberry in 2020.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 20 Oct 2015, 10:17 am

Hope the players wear their kneecap protectors
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 20 Oct 2015, 10:38 am

incontinentia wrote:Hope the players wear their kneecap protectors

or that any of their wives aren't in need of an abortion.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Tue 20 Oct 2015, 10:51 am

FWIW abortion is legal in Northern Ireland, although with more (overly) strict assessment criteria compared to the rest of the UK. Some would say it's been restricted in the past because how else are we going to get enough taxi drivers? Or people to work in the oil industry?
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 20 Oct 2015, 11:18 am

Are you sure it's legal there Bob? Could've sworn I seen a tv program about abortion in the North which said although NI is part of the UK, abortion is not permitted.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 20 Oct 2015, 11:27 am

Is it like the situation in the Republic, where abortion is legal but only if the mother is suicidal or if there is a risk to her life?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Tue 20 Oct 2015, 1:14 pm

Bob_the_Job wrote:  Or people to work in the oil industry?
Could trawl the back streets of Dundee for some overqualified personnel...
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue 20 Oct 2015, 1:40 pm

super_realist wrote:
raycastleunited wrote:Why is Jakub illiterate?

Who has ever spelt Jacob, Jakub? How many Irish people use that spelling? Sounds like an Eastern European spelling.

Errr ... that was my point

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Tue 20 Oct 2015, 2:53 pm

incontinentia wrote:Are you sure it's legal there Bob? Could've sworn I seen a tv program about abortion in the North which said although NI is part of the UK, abortion is not permitted.

Yep sure - it's legal but with the main criteria being to preserve the life of the mother. The adverse effect on her mental or physical health must be a “real and serious” one, and must also be “permanent or long-term”. The pregnancy must also be under 9 weeks 4 days, so whilst legal, it seems pretty tortuous to get - hence a history of women from NI going to England for termination where the criteria are much broader (although they can't get it on the NHS there so have to pay and go privately).

It's fair to say, the laws on abortion here are not the finest example of a modern, liberal and free society, but in the right conditions, a woman can get one. Men can't get them at all. It's so unfair and sexist it hurts my ovaries.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 20 Oct 2015, 3:06 pm

Bob_the_Job wrote:
incontinentia wrote:Are you sure it's legal there Bob? Could've sworn I seen a tv program about abortion in the North which said although NI is part of the UK, abortion is not permitted.

Yep sure - it's legal but with the main criteria being to preserve the life of the mother.  The adverse effect on her mental or physical health must be a “real and serious” one, and must also be “permanent or long-term”. The pregnancy must also be under 9 weeks 4 days, so whilst legal, it seems pretty tortuous to get - hence a history of women from NI going to England for termination where the criteria are much broader (although they can't get it on the NHS there so have to pay and go privately).

It's fair to say, the laws on abortion here are not the finest example of a modern, liberal and free society, but in the right conditions, a woman can get one.  Men can't get them at all. It's so unfair and sexist it hurts my ovaries.

So abortion, as we know it in the secular world, is not legal in NI?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Tue 20 Oct 2015, 3:23 pm

Not sure what secular has got to do with it. We've a stricter law that may or may not have been influenced by religious views in the past, as are some laws in other parts of the UK. I'd imagine murder being illegal was based originally on the biblical position? And on the flip side of the coin, termination for convenience may well be morally repugnant to the non-religious/secular community too.

By definition, abortion is legal in NI if you meet the criteria. You don't have to a christian or even religious to meet those criteria. So I'd argue your assertion is wrong.

In addition, I think you should be a bit more circumspect in regard to claiming you live in a secular world. Under the 1994 Local Government (Scotland) Act, councils have to appoint at least three members from churches who have voting rights. One has to come from the Catholic Church, another from the Church of Scotland, and a third is appointed to reflect the religious beliefs of the area. These appointees can sit on the council education committees - sounds very non-secular to me.

We also have a stricter Road Traffic Act.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 20 Oct 2015, 3:32 pm

Bob_the_Job wrote:Not sure what secular has got to do with it.  We've a stricter law that may or may not have been influenced by religious views in the past, as are some laws in other parts of the UK.  I'd imagine murder being illegal was based originally on the biblical position?  And on the flip side of the coin, termination for convenience may well be morally repugnant to the non-religious/secular community too.

By definition, abortion is legal in NI if you meet the criteria.  You don't have to a christian or even religious to meet those criteria. So I'd argue your assertion is wrong.

In addition, I think you should be a bit more circumspect in regard to claiming you live in a secular world.  Under the 1994 Local Government (Scotland) Act, councils have to appoint at least three members from churches who have voting rights.  One has to come from the Catholic Church, another from the Church of Scotland, and a third is appointed to reflect the religious beliefs of the area.  These appointees can sit on the council education committees - sounds very non-secular to me.

We also have a stricter Road Traffic Act.

No, murder being illegal had nothing to do with the bible, if that were the case then having other gods and foresaking your parents or coveting your neighbours wife would also be illegal.

No one has ever needed any of the 10 commandments (of which about 3 are worth adhering to, and the others are nonsense) in order to know that murder is wrong and illegal.

Stricter Road Traffic Act? How, you let learner drivers drive on their own, and have a higher level of blood alcohol.

As for your 1994 Local Government Act, I can apparently kill a Scotsman with a bow and arrow, doesn't mean it's actually adhered to in law though.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 20 Oct 2015, 3:51 pm

Oddly there are actually secular pro lifers. Have you seen Dilahunty debating one of them?

Super, we don't live a secular country? I would have hoped you had realised this and were involved in the fight against religious state interaction.

For example the Scottish governments failure to pass assisted dying laws is based on the religious beliefs of many of out MSP's. Another example is the church leader positions on our education committees as bob pointed out above.

And need we remind you that our head of state is also the head of the church of England and that Brown, Blair and Thatcher were all deeply religious to the point it effected their policies.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 20 Oct 2015, 3:55 pm

McLaren wrote:Oddly there are actually secular pro lifers.  Have you seen Dilahunty debating one of them?

Super, we don't live a secular country?  I would have hoped you had realised this and were involved in the fight against religious state interaction.

For example the Scottish governments failure to pass assisted dying laws is based on the religious beliefs of many of out MSP's.  Another example is the church leader positions on our education committees as bob pointed out above.

And need we remind you that our head of state is also the head of the church of England and that Brown, Blair and Thatcher were all deeply religious to the point it effected their policies.

To all intents and purposes we do Mac in regards to the % of the population who are adherants of fairy tales. Religion has next to no impact on modern society, but tragically has had some limited influence on things like assisted dying, alternatively though, gay marriage went through no problem at all.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Tue 20 Oct 2015, 4:01 pm

super_realist wrote:

Stricter Road Traffic Act? How, you let learner drivers drive on their own

Ummmmm no we don't - I believe you're thinking of the Republic of Ireland, where that used to be the case (not sure it still is).

super_realist wrote:

and have a higher level of blood alcohol.

In NI the limit is 80 milligrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood - the same as for England and Wales. I'm aware the Scots have lowered it further there and I applaud them for it.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 21 Oct 2015, 2:58 pm

No learner drivers arent allowed drive on their own in Ireland.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 23 Oct 2015, 1:37 pm

Not sure whether or not there'll be learner drivers in the F1 Grand Prix in Austin, but organizers look like they'll be contending with the aftermath of a HUGE hurricane.
A chance the worst of the weather (rainfall totals of 10 to 15 inches) could slide South-East of Austin, but can't imagine plans won't be heavily disrupted.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Fri 23 Oct 2015, 1:39 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Not sure whether or not there'll be learner drivers in the F1 Grand Prix in Austin, but organizers look like they'll be contending with the aftermath of a HUGE hurricane.
A chance the worst of the weather (rainfall totals of 10 to 15 inches) could slide South-East of Austin, but can't imagine plans won't be heavily disrupted.

I'd have thought 3 inches means plans heavily disrupted, and 10 to 15 means build an ark.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 23 Oct 2015, 1:44 pm

Good job they line up two-by-two . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 23 Oct 2015, 1:57 pm

Following the aftermath of the 2014 Japanese Grand Prix which was badly affected by the presence of near by cyclone I imagine that any hint of severe weather will see the event cancelled. Although I am not sure if they could hold it on the Saturday or Monday to avoid the worst of the weather.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 27 Oct 2015, 9:04 pm

Looks like Westwood is giving Poulter a lesson.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 28 Oct 2015, 4:35 pm

pedro wrote:Looks like Westwood is giving Poulter a lesson.
Huh? Headscratch
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Thu 29 Oct 2015, 2:12 pm

Westwood giving everyone but Jaco a lesson. Don't know where that's come from but he missed from 6 feet on the last for birdie and still shot 64.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 29 Oct 2015, 2:19 pm

Jaco on for a lower than the fabled 254

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Fri 30 Oct 2015, 9:44 am

Jaco -15 after only 26 holes!

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 30 Oct 2015, 7:02 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
pedro wrote:Looks like Westwood is giving Poulter a lesson.
Huh? Headscratch
Wednesday Arse

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Be_the_ball Sat 31 Oct 2015, 11:47 am

Westwood takes on Mark Crossfield for bragging rights, this is a good laugh! Lee has the squeakiest shoes ever!
https://youtu.be/nM8gIqCtmkU

Be_the_ball

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 09 Nov 2015, 2:08 pm

Speaking of wrecks: reportedly ex WAG Lindsay Vonn is now also having surgery... Apparently from being bitten by a dog!!

Sure it wasn't a Tiger? Whistle

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon 09 Nov 2015, 2:36 pm

If we're speaking of wrecks, perhaps it was a tyrannosaurus...

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Tue 10 Nov 2015, 5:47 pm

Wouldn't have thought it was a Tiger, they're pretty toothless these days...

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 11 Nov 2015, 10:58 am

Here we go, more classic litigation lunacy in the US, what happens when the lawyers run riot:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34780549

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 11 Nov 2015, 11:04 am

raycastleunited wrote:Here we go, more classic litigation lunacy in the US, what happens when the lawyers run riot:

It's very simple then: STOP PLAYING!

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 11 Nov 2015, 2:09 pm

Q: If you win a competition. Should you attend the prizegiving?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 11 Nov 2015, 2:53 pm

super_realist wrote:Q: If you win a competition. Should you attend the prizegiving?

It's part of the thing. So, yes.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 11 Nov 2015, 2:55 pm

Got my excuse ready. "I left a pot boiling over"

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 11 Nov 2015, 3:30 pm

super_,
Just think as your guiding principle: What would John Terry do?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 11 Nov 2015, 3:34 pm

Ha ha, He would turn up if he didn't win a prize and try to take credit for those who did.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 11 Nov 2015, 3:36 pm

He would turn up and pull the winners wife.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 11 Nov 2015, 4:00 pm

raycastleunited wrote:Here we go, more classic litigation lunacy in the US, what happens when the lawyers run riot:

I think under 10s football should be kept under head height anyway. take away any option of just punting it.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Wed 11 Nov 2015, 8:13 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Just think as your guiding principle: What would John Terry do?
Turn up to the event wearing all his golf gear under his suit.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 12 Nov 2015, 8:36 am

beninho wrote:

I think under 10s football should be kept under head height anyway. take away any option of just punting it.
That'll be a spin-off from this - increased ball skills, more understanding of the game and less reliance on the tried and tested English "'ave it!" punt into row Z.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 12 Nov 2015, 9:42 am

beninho wrote:

I think its probably a good idea. "Lawyers running riot" isnt always a bad thing. If it was there there probably wouldnt be as much a focus on concussion in American football and rugby that there is and there would be a lot more punch drunk sports persons in their 50s.

Kids under 10 arent fully formed and they are more often than not playing with footballs designed for adults.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu 12 Nov 2015, 1:57 pm

America...

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/11/09/starbucks-holiday-red-cup-brews-controversy-on-social-media.html

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 12 Nov 2015, 3:39 pm

Gayle Newland gets 8 years for impersonating a man. What a wierd, wierd story.

Only in Great Britain.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3315157/Woman-duped-female-friend-sex-pretending-man-using-prosthetic-Winkle-jailed-8-years.html#reader-comments

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 12 Nov 2015, 3:44 pm

The "Great" is a geographical term, just as I'm sure the Ire in Ireland doesn't actually mean "ire"

How credulous was the "other woman" though?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 12 Nov 2015, 3:47 pm

super_realist wrote:The "Great" is a geographical term, just as I'm sure the Ire in Ireland doesn't actually mean "ire"

How credulous was the "other woman" though?

Thanks for clearing that up super. I thought it meant Britain was a great place. Haha.

Yes the other woman deserves jail time for stupidity.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu 12 Nov 2015, 10:40 pm

America again... This one's fairly disgusting

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/nov/12/utah-judge-orders-baby-taken-away-from-lesbian-foster-parents

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next