The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo:

+19
Rory_Gallagher
PhilBB
ScarletSpiderman
marty2086
Chunky Norwich
SecretFly
Sin é
No 7&1/2
XR
Cardiff Dave
rodders
wayne
ME-109
thebandwagonsociety
profitius
Stone Motif
The Great Aukster
Marshes
LordDowlais
23 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo: - Page 15 Empty PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo:

Post by Guest Wed 09 Sep 2015, 12:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

LordDowlais wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Or maybe, just maybe everyone decided to pitch their hat into the ring and see what happened

Are all teams eligible?

Well considering they were all asked to tender for it that would mean they were

Marty, because the criteria has never been made public, none of us will never know.

Sure if we had facts then we wouldn't have these conspiracy theories. Where would be the fun in that?

Back to top Go down

PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo: - Page 15 Empty Re: PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo:

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 3:59 pm

You're struggling then. Your first answer to all the questions was more money but then you say the amount is unknown. They could end up with less then, surely thats too big a risk for these savvy businessmen?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo: - Page 15 Empty Re: PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo:

Post by PhilBB Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:01 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:You're struggling then. Your first answer to all the questions was more money but then you say the amount is unknown. They could end up with less then, surely thats too big a risk for these savvy businessmen?

Well, no. If less is offered then the deal doesn't proceed.

I'd have hoped that simple point was rather obvious and implied.
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:15 pm

PhilBB wrote:
Sin é wrote:

How do the French square it. It would be a damn site more expensive for players to live in Paris than in Toulon.

Not necessarily. You're aware that Racing players are barred from living in certain arrondissement.

And Matt Giteau's house is pretty nice.

I'm aware that the Racing players have to live in the club neighbourhood rather than being barred from certain arrondissement. And Colombes is hardly knackerville.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:19 pm

PhilBB wrote:
Sin é wrote:

What do you mean the rest? Facts are the NI Gov. know that the IRFU have invested way more in Ulster than anything they have. NI are benefitting from the ROI Gov. investment in the Aviva (which is responsible for generating most of the IRFU's funds).

What do I mean? Check the Annual Reports to see how much the IRFU spend on the branches.

You may mean that the NI Government are aware that a private Dublin based company has invested far more in one of its subsidiaries than has the NI Government. I'm not sure why that's even being discussed, mind you, as it is not in the NI Government's interest to boost the income of a RoI based company.

But you see, the IRFU is a not-for-profit organisation and it reinvests any money it makes back into the sport.

The approx. 5m is in relation to the professional teams (i.e, the kind of money that the regional owners should be investing in their clubs).
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:20 pm

SecretFly wrote:You are hacked into the IRFU offices now, Phil?

I'm Irish.  And I say the IRFU would dance at the chance of having a level playing field on the Cap.  

Why would they want to struggle on paying more and more money they can ill afford to keep their OWN players playing in Ireland when a European wide agreed cap would lighten the load and lessen the pressure?

You all get so nervous when Cap is mentioned.  Nobody wanted to mention Cap when Europe was debated here.  Not the English posters, not the Welsh posters.  Meritocracy was the Cry!!!!  Let there be Meritocracy!  But Let us also turn a blind eye to Top14 (who suck in best players from across the world and throw them out against poor Zebre)

The only people mentioning cap continuously was me and a few other Irish guys.  Not Welsh boys.  They were too busy trying to knife partners in the back by sleeping with anyone that offered them more money - even for less influence.

And you of course forget the English big boys never abided by their Cap.  You seriously think the IRFU didn't already have an idea about that truth?  Only good club is one that at least says it is constrained by a cap, even though it isn't?  

Do you have the time to listen to me whine about nothing and everything all at once. I am one of those melodramatic fools, neurotic to the bone. No doubt about it.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:22 pm

Sin é wrote:

But you see, the IRFU is a not-for-profit organisation and it reinvests any money it makes back into the sport.

The approx. 5m is in relation to the professional teams (i.e, the kind of money that the regional owners should be investing in their clubs).

HA! Should be investing. Hilarious.

Do you know how the supposed 5m is made up!?!?! And it's much more than 5m, too. At least read the bloody Annual Report so that you come to these debates armed with something.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:23 pm

?

I think we all...all of us need to take 10....and then come back, all of us, on a clean slate....

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:25 pm

SecretFly wrote:?

I think we all...all of us need to take 10....and then come back, all of us, on a clean slate....

Surely we should all have freedom of speech to post as we feel, and not to how others think we should?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:26 pm

Carry on Scarlet.....

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:27 pm

SecretFly wrote:Carry on Scarlet.....

Lifted from the last time you were on the receiving end of your own pedantry I see
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:30 pm

You really do have an unhealthy interest in me...

But carry on.... I'll try to work through it.

Whenever you want to get back to Pro12, Europe, Regions or Provinces let me know.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:31 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
SecretFly wrote:You are hacked into the IRFU offices now, Phil?

I'm Irish.  And I say the IRFU would dance at the chance of having a level playing field on the Cap.  

Why would they want to struggle on paying more and more money they can ill afford to keep their OWN players playing in Ireland when a European wide agreed cap would lighten the load and lessen the pressure?

You all get so nervous when Cap is mentioned.  Nobody wanted to mention Cap when Europe was debated here.  Not the English posters, not the Welsh posters.  Meritocracy was the Cry!!!!  Let there be Meritocracy!  But Let us also turn a blind eye to Top14 (who suck in best players from across the world and throw them out against poor Zebre)

The only people mentioning cap continuously was me and a few other Irish guys.  Not Welsh boys.  They were too busy trying to knife partners in the back by sleeping with anyone that offered them more money - even for less influence.

And you of course forget the English big boys never abided by their Cap.  You seriously think the IRFU didn't already have an idea about that truth?  Only good club is one that at least says it is constrained by a cap, even though it isn't?  

Do you have the time to listen to me whine about nothing and everything all at once.  I am one of those melodramatic fools, neurotic to the bone. No doubt about it.

Sometimes Fly gives me the creeps
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:31 pm

SecretFly wrote:You really do have an unhealthy interest in me...

But carry on....  I'll try to work through it.

Whenever you want to get back to Pro12, Europe, Regions or Provinces let me know.

Been trying to do that for weeks. But it's hard to do that with the dodging of questions that goes on.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:33 pm

Only sometimes, Stone??? I'm surprised and relieved. I thought you hated my very soul.................. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:34 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Been trying to do that for weeks.  But it's hard to do that with the dodging of questions that goes on.

You've learned a lot of your Dodge from me, it seems. Glad to have been of assistance.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:37 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Do you have the time to listen to me whine about nothing and everything all at once.  I am one of those melodramatic fools, neurotic to the bone. No doubt about it.

Sometimes Fly gives me the creeps

Song came on the radio when I was reading this thread. Thought it was apt.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:39 pm

SecretFly wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Been trying to do that for weeks.  But it's hard to do that with the dodging of questions that goes on.

You've learned a lot of your Dodge from me, it seems.  Glad to have been of assistance.

Yeah thanks to my unhealthy fasination with you I am now fluent in talking to people as if they are fools there to be mocked.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:39 pm

okay guys........................... Whistle ...whatever you say.....

*back firmly to the wall*

Where is everyone? I'm suddenly feeling a little *loosening my collar* uneasy....

Marty.... please come back......

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:40 pm

I'm guessing that marty isn't going to justify his claim of a redeveloped Arms Park?

Funny that.

Is now the time to call him a coward? Is that how it works?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:43 pm

SecretFly wrote:Only sometimes, Stone???  I'm surprised and relieved.  I thought you hated my very soul.................. Wink

Nah. You're not in Munchkin territory yet.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:44 pm

PhilBB wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:You're struggling then. Your first answer to all the questions was more money but then you say the amount is unknown. They could end up with less then, surely thats too big a risk for these savvy businessmen?

Well, no. If less is offered then the deal doesn't proceed.

I'd have hoped that simple point was rather obvious and implied.

But no deal for rights would be made before formation of the new leagues so the idea of money isnt a certainty so we go back to whats in it for the English?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:47 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:

But no deal for rights would be made before formation of the new leagues so the idea of money isnt a certainty so we go back to whats in it for the English?

I think it's pretty naive to think that a broadcaster pushing for a new competition wouldn't commit to a fee before any agreement was made.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:51 pm

PhilBB wrote:I'm guessing that marty isn't going to justify his claim of a redeveloped Arms Park?

Funny that.

The more sensible answer would be that he actually has a job and a life to be getting on with.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:55 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
PhilBB wrote:I'm guessing that marty isn't going to justify his claim of a redeveloped Arms Park?

Funny that.

The more sensible answer would be that he actually has a job and a life to be getting on with.

Were that true he wouldn't have spent the afternoon trying to argue that the IRFU contracted professional referees are not paid by the IRFU to referee PrO'12 games, Rory.

Agreed?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:58 pm

PhilBB wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:

I think it's pretty naive to think that a broadcaster pushing for a new competition wouldn't commit to a fee before any agreement was made.

Naive? Who would they make the offer to?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Wed 16 Sep 2015, 4:59 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:

The parties they would negotiate with.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 16 Sep 2015, 5:06 pm

Do we like Broadcasters creating Leagues to suit their schedules?

Blazers. Beware!!!! Satan followers.
Unions. Graceless basterdes.
IRB/World Rugby. Two faced schidts!

SKY/BT. Now there's folks that know about concussion, grassroots rugby and breakdown infringements... Good to go.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 16 Sep 2015, 5:09 pm

I'm sorry, but who made you "the enlightened one" Phil? Your condescending attitude is breathtaking. Not to mention the fact that you and your motley crew have literally derailed every Irish match thread on these forums. I understand that the games last weekend involved the Ospreys/Blues, but even the Ulster thread is constantly invaded by Chunky with a number of snide comments towards Ulster fans and players.

Do you see any of the Irish posters on here doing that on the Welsh game threads? Or rather, do you think they even care? No. Yet you and a select few seem to have made it your mission to make these forums much more difficult to actually discuss the rugby. You have made your point several times; there are a couple of threads tailored just for you to make those points as often as you like, but at the very least leave it there so the rest of us can actually come home to discuss rugby instead of engaging in mindless, deluded conspiracy theories.

Agreed? Good.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Wed 16 Sep 2015, 5:09 pm

SecretFly wrote:Do we like Broadcasters creating Leagues to suit their schedules?

Blazers.  Beware!!!!  Satan followers.
IRB/World Rugby.  Two faced schidts!

SKY/BT.  Now there's folks that know about concussion, grassroots rugby and breakdown infringements...  Good to go.

That's another kind of post from Ireland that the lawyers of Sky and BT Sport would be interested in.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Wed 16 Sep 2015, 5:11 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:I'm sorry, but who made you "the enlightened one" Phil? Your condescending attitude is breathtaking. Not to mention the fact that you and your motley crew have literally derailed every Irish match thread on these forums. I understand that the games last weekend involved the Ospreys/Blues, but even the Ulster thread is constantly invaded by Chunky with a number of snide comments towards Ulster fans and players.

Do you see any of the Irish posters on here doing that on the Welsh game threads? Or rather, do you think they even care? No. Yet you and a select few seem to have made it your mission to make these forums much more difficult to actually discuss the rugby. You have made your point several times; there are a couple of threads tailored just for you to make those points as often as you like, but at the very least leave it there so the rest of us can actually come home to discuss rugby instead of engaging in mindless, deluded conspiracy theories.

Agreed? Good.

Thanks for the instruction, Rory. I can see plenty of threads in this forum that I haven't contributed to, so I'll take your advice and value it as it deserves.

In the meantime, thanks for your snide comment regarding marty. Sadly, it backfired and bit you on the arse, so well done on admitting as much..... oh, hang on.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 5:14 pm

PhilBB wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:

So the English are the leaders then in this. Good to see you all fall into line.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 16 Sep 2015, 5:18 pm

Rolling Eyes

Well, I'm fairly sure he has mentioned his work on here before and he most certainly has a life. So I don't see what I said incorrectly, or what actually "bit me on the arse". If he isn't here to speak right now, he is probably busy with something much more important. Common sense, no?

Anyway, I apologise for interrupting your fishing, but please consider the rest of us when you decide to derail the match threads. thumbsup

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 16 Sep 2015, 5:18 pm

PhilBB wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Do we like Broadcasters creating Leagues to suit their schedules?

SKY/BT.  Now there's folks that know about concussion, grassroots rugby and breakdown infringements...  Good to go.

That's another kind of post from Ireland that the lawyers of Sky and BT Sport would be interested in.

Report it to them.

What are you guys on???

You want to kill off people who don't share the Dream?

???

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 16 Sep 2015, 5:19 pm

PhilBB wrote:

It's all in good natured humour of debating the subject. If you try to be funny it's perfectly fine.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 16 Sep 2015, 5:21 pm

SecretFly wrote:
PhilBB wrote:

Report it to them.

What are you guys on???

???

Now there is an idea. I think that there are a fair few who would be willing to pay for the bullets and load the guns. Oh hell, I'm sure there are plenty of people who would be willing to pull the bleeding trigger too.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 16 Sep 2015, 5:22 pm

RED EXCLAMATION mark it there Scarlet. I'm so embarrassed.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 16 Sep 2015, 5:23 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
PhilBB wrote:

Report it to them.

What are you guys on???

???

Now there is an idea.  I think that there are a fair few who would be willing to pay for the bullets and load the guns.  Oh hell, I'm sure there are plenty of people who would be willing to pull the bleeding trigger too.

Oh God, don't I know it. You wouldn't be far from the trigger there either, Scarlet. Let's not be shy Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 16 Sep 2015, 5:25 pm

SecretFly wrote:RED EXCLAMATION mark it there Scarlet.  I'm so embarrassed.

What's the matter with you man?? Can you not understand humour?? If someone jests about people Quinn up to kill off the opposition, why is it wrong to agree with them in jest too?.

Maybe you need to take a chill pill ( not a cyanide on though, that causes permanent chill), and take thinks in the light hearted banter that they are meant, instead of taking everything so serious.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 16 Sep 2015, 5:26 pm

SecretFly wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
PhilBB wrote:

Report it to them.

What are you guys on???

???

Now there is an idea.  I think that there are a fair few who would be willing to pay for the bullets and load the guns.  Oh hell, I'm sure there are plenty of people who would be willing to pull the bleeding trigger too.

Oh God, don't I know it.  You wouldn't be far from the trigger there either, Scarlet.  Let's not be shy Wink

I think there would be a rush for that honour.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 16 Sep 2015, 5:27 pm

And away we go again...my conscience having another word in my ear. "Why don't you go kill yourself, Fly. You humourless crapster"

Hmmmm.... I'll consider it Fly....Thanks for the update

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 16 Sep 2015, 5:29 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:

You could all draw lots to see which of you get to do it. I'd pull the straws to keep it fair..... it's gotta be fair so you'd need an Irish person there to ref the proceedings.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 16 Sep 2015, 5:30 pm

SecretFly wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

You could all draw lots to see which of you get to do it.  I'd pull the straws to keep it fair..... it's gotta be fair so you'd need an Irish person there to ref the proceedings.

If it were then we would find the ref telling us we are holding the gun back to front and the muzzle is meant to face us.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 16 Sep 2015, 5:33 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

You could all draw lots to see which of you get to do it.  I'd pull the straws to keep it fair..... it's gotta be fair so you'd need an Irish person there to ref the proceedings.

If it were then we would find the ref telling us we are holding the gun back to front and the muzzle is meant to face us.

laughing

Funny....but also correct....

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 17 Sep 2015, 7:59 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:

So the English are the leaders then in this. Good to see you all fall into line.

Sure, who wouldn't want to fall in line with those wishing to grow the game?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 17 Sep 2015, 8:00 am

Rory_Gallagher wrote: Rolling Eyes

Well, I'm fairly sure he has mentioned his work on here before and he most certainly has a life. So I don't see what I said incorrectly, or what actually "bit me on the arse". If he isn't here to speak right now, he is probably busy with something much more important. Common sense, no?

Anyway, I apologise for interrupting your fishing, but please consider the rest of us when you decide to derail the match threads. thumbsup

He was busy in another thread, Rory, so hardly 'busy with something much more important'.

He just wrote something completely inaccurate and, in his normal way, bottled out of admitting it.

That seems to be a theme of behaviour amongst a select group on this board. I wonder why that is?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 17 Sep 2015, 8:02 am

SecretFly wrote:
PhilBB wrote:

Report it to them.

What are you guys on???

???

Odd reply. There's you making a pretty damning allegation against major funders of the game. Why? Why write something so daft?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 17 Sep 2015, 8:07 am

PhilBB wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:

Sure, who wouldn't want to fall in line with those wishing to grow the game?

Grow the gmae? Thought you said it was all about the English getting more money?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 17 Sep 2015, 8:10 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:

Grow the gmae? Thought you said it was all about the English getting more money?

Well if you cannot see the correlation between the two (and, of course, it's not just the English who may be better off) then I suggest you immerse yourself in the amateur game and leave the professional game to those who can recognise said correlation.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 17 Sep 2015, 8:15 am

Ah. But as of yet there's nothing to suggest that the English would be better off as the only thing driving them is money in your opinion and there's nothing to say that there would be more currently. Indeed there would most likely be less sloshing around for the English.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 17 Sep 2015, 8:16 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Ah. But as of yet there's nothing to suggest that the English would be better off as the only thing driving them is money in your opinion and there's nothing to say that there would be more currently. Indeed there would most likely be less sloshing around for the English.

We danced that particular dance earlier on in the thread.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next