The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo:

+19
Rory_Gallagher
PhilBB
ScarletSpiderman
marty2086
Chunky Norwich
SecretFly
Sin é
No 7&1/2
XR
Cardiff Dave
rodders
wayne
ME-109
thebandwagonsociety
profitius
Stone Motif
The Great Aukster
Marshes
LordDowlais
23 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo: - Page 18 Empty PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo:

Post by Guest Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:42 am

First topic message reminder :

LordDowlais wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Or maybe, just maybe everyone decided to pitch their hat into the ring and see what happened

Are all teams eligible?

Well considering they were all asked to tender for it that would mean they were

Marty, because the criteria has never been made public, none of us will never know.

Sure if we had facts then we wouldn't have these conspiracy theories. Where would be the fun in that?

Back to top Go down

PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo: - Page 18 Empty Re: PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo:

Post by Guest Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:58 am

Dragons? He's never off the Scarlets site, that why I originally thought Scarlets, but I think he's from Cardiff, so not so sure.
Maybe you're thinking of LD?

Back to top Go down

PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo: - Page 18 Empty Re: PRO12 has new Managing Director and he isn't Irish :D :yahoo:

Post by SecretFly Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:59 am

Yeah...maybe you're right. Maybe that was LD.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:02 am

LD has been a bit quiet as well. Just not the same without his witty banter Sad

Last edited by Munchkin on Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:09 am

Oh he's over on the International section. Nothing wrong with LD - passionate man. But of course, he's debating some officialdom issues in the England v Wales games....! Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:12 am

Ah, so he hasn't deserted us!

He's also keeping up fighting the good fight against corrupt, or just plainly wrong, match officials. Good man, LD Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:29 am

Munchkin wrote:You're back, Chunky Very Happy

Yes, that's what I was implying. Could be wrong, but it does seem odd that you are both joined at the hip in terms of appearing/disappearing. You also have similar styles of typing. Hardly damning evidence, but enough to amuse me with a little conspiracy theory of my own. It's not as if posters having multiple accounts is unheard of, is it?

Yes, you are very wrong.

But it's extremely telling that you think there must be something underhand when two posters have similar viewpoints that are the opposite of yours. It just couldn't possibly be that their opinion is valid can it? It simply must be a crackpot loony using multiple logins.

Mad as a sunburnt wasp.

One thing that bothers me with this theory is that I think you're a Scarlets fan. You are a Scarlets fan?
Yes

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:31 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:

Yes, that's what I was implying. Could be wrong, but it does seem odd that you are both joined at the hip in terms of appearing/disappearing. You also have similar styles of typing. Hardly damning evidence, but enough to amuse me with a little conspiracy theory of my own. It's not as if posters having multiple accounts is unheard of, is it?

Yes, you are very wrong.

But it's extremely telling that you think there must be something underhand when two posters have similar viewpoints that are the opposite of yours. It just couldn't possibly be that their opinion is valid can it? It simply must be a crackpot loony using multiple logins.

Mad as a sunburnt wasp.

One thing that bothers me with this theory is that I think you're a Scarlets fan. You are a Scarlets fan?
Yes

Your lack of comprehension is more telling. When did I bring your similar views into consideration?

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:39 am

Oh it's just the way we type? Give over.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:42 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:Oh it's just the way we type? Give over.

"You also have similar styles of typing" Yes, I can see how you can easily mistake that for, "you also have similar views". My bad Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:44 am

I can only assume you are very bored.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:56 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:I can only assume you are very bored.

Just replying to you, Chunky. Not bored. Just filling space Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:35 am

Ah the Chunkles returns. I am honestly missing you Chunks, get onto the Ireland threads immediately and add some spice, we're gettting a little beige in there at the moment.
Godspeed!!!!!

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:46 am

Pete330v2 wrote:Ah the Chunkles returns. I am honestly missing you Chunks, get onto the Ireland threads immediately and add some spice, we're gettting a little beige in there at the moment.
Godspeed!!!!!

His theories on who Joe should pick on the wings would definitely be interesting

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:56 am

marty2086 wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:Ah the Chunkles returns. I am honestly missing you Chunks, get onto the Ireland threads immediately and add some spice, we're gettting a little beige in there at the moment.
Godspeed!!!!!

His theories on who Joe should pick on the wings would definitely be interesting

They could be revolutionary Smile

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:35 am

Just wanted to post somewhere and this is possibly the best place for it. If Ireland and Wales are that good right now and has been for a few seasons now, it's mainly thanks to the Pro 12 which is becoming more and more competitive and still gives substantial game time to up and coming youngsters who will become real stars. Samson Lee and Jonny Gray among others are prime example of that. It has taken a while but Scotland are getting there too.

So while there are still minor logistics problems (wouldn't be funny not being able to argue on the internet boxing), i think the Pro 12 is doing great in terms of the quality of rugby on show, which is at the end of the day all that matters.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:14 am

Chunky or Phil? I get confused. Same with Stone and Risca. More accounts than a London investment banker laughing

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:01 am

Tragic

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:07 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:Tragic

We have faith you'll sort yourself out though, you've taken the first step thumbsup

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:16 pm

Steffan wrote:
Chunky or Phil? I get confused. Same with Stone and Risca. More accounts than a London investment banker laughing

Good that you can laugh at your own jokes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:43 pm

Steffan wrote:

With this difficulty you clearly have distinguishing between the concepts of 'one' and 'many',you must be the guy in charge of counting attendance at Conty matches

Last edited by Stone Motif on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : dog)
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:22 pm

VinceWLB wrote:Just wanted to post somewhere and this is possibly the best place for it. If Ireland and Wales are that good right now and has been for a few seasons now, it's mainly thanks to the Pro 12 which is becoming more and more competitive and still gives substantial game time to up and coming youngsters who will become real stars. Samson Lee and Jonny Gray among others are prime example of that. It has taken a while but Scotland are getting there too.

So while there are still minor logistics problems (wouldn't be funny not being able to argue on the internet boxing), i think the Pro 12 is doing great in terms of the quality of rugby on show, which is at the end of the day all that matters.

Down with this sort of positive thing. You're supposed to focus on the negatives raspberry
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:23 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Good that you can laugh at your own jokes.

Stone Motif wrote:With this difficulty you clearly have distinguishing between the concepts of 'one' and 'many',you must be the guy in charge of counting attendance at Conty matches
It took you nearly 30 minutes to change over and back yourself up...

Dude you're slacking warning

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:12 am

vomit Dude.

I know you aren't the brightest, but how did he "back me up" exactly? Did he agree with what I said? You (unsurprisingly) make little sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:14 am

Risca Rev wrote: vomit Dude.
Think that word has caught on from one of my mates...

Well done on finally responding to one of my posts without feeling the need to correct my spelling or grammar though thumbsup

Enjoy the match tomorrow

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:26 am

Hey Phil & Chunks. You will be interested in this bit of info.

According to Munster CEO, Munster's turnover is €14 million and between direct employment and players, employ about 140 people.

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/21257.php#.Vg5o8c6IVB9

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:16 pm

Sin é wrote:Hey Phil & Chunks. You will be interested in this bit of info.

According to Munster CEO, Munster's turnover is €14 million and between direct employment and players, employ about 140 people.

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/21257.php#.Vg5o8c6IVB9

Their profit obviously isn't anywhere near that sadly, or they wouldn't have had to refinance the IRFU loan due to lack of funds, and still owe them 9million Euros.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:37 pm

Crickey, is there a rugby club out there that has a profit near €14m?
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:27 am

I very much doubt it. So your turnover stats are a bit pointless.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:45 am

I think you missed the point I was making - i.e., most other clubs (especially French). have 2 or 3 times the turnover that Munster has (who actually own their two stadia and run an academy etc) so couldn't be paying lavish wages that you claim they do.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:58 am

Chunky has being doing a good job of arguing your point for you, Sin é. Not that he realised that is what he was doing Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:29 am

Sin é wrote:I think you missed the point I was making - i.e., most other clubs (especially French). have 2 or 3 times the turnover that Munster has (who actually own their two stadia and run an academy etc) so couldn't be paying lavish wages that you claim they do.

But the French sides aren't owned, controlled and bankrolled by their own Union are they? We've been through this. Countless times. Posters have shown you are wrong with facts, links and knowledge, and then they leave because they get called spoofers and cowards. That's how it goes here.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:24 pm

God you actually have no idea what you are talking about.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:46 pm

ME-109 wrote:God you actually have no idea what you are talking about.

Hit me up with some facts big boy.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:48 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:I think you missed the point I was making - i.e., most other clubs (especially French). have 2 or 3 times the turnover that Munster has (who actually own their two stadia and run an academy etc) so couldn't be paying lavish wages that you claim they do.

But the French sides aren't owned, controlled and bankrolled by their own Union are they? We've been through this. Countless times. Posters have shown you are wrong with facts, links and knowledge, and then they leave because they get called spoofers and cowards. That's how it goes here.

It doesn't matter who controls or runs Munster Rugby, the facts are that the CEO says its turnover is 14m per annum. That goes to employing approx. 140 people and running academy (2 centres) and owning two recently redeveloped stadia - all with only a deficit of about 500k last season (and hoping to be back in profit in 2 years)!

PS - don't confuse me not bothering responding to some of you or Phill's posts as some sort of victory. Usually I get bored and couldn't be arsed.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:47 pm

Chunky you have just been hit. Now go and play with your barbie doll or something

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:24 pm

Sin é wrote:

It doesn't matter who controls or runs Munster Rugby, the facts are that the CEO says its turnover is 14m per annum. That goes to employing approx. 140 people and running academy (2 centres) and owning two recently redeveloped stadia - all with only a deficit of about 500k last season (and hoping to be back in profit in 2 years)!

PS - don't confuse me not bothering responding to some of you or Phill's posts as some sort of victory. Usually I get bored and couldn't be arsed.

So when you consider that Munster Rugby also still owe the IRFU 9m Euros, what exactly does this bring to the debate?

It's great for Munster that they've got all these quotable figures, but they still had to refinance their unaffordable loan. And their still millions behind the French teams. I genuinely don't understand your Munster backslapping here.

Or maybe your point is that they're going to be flash with the cash in about 12 years time or something?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:29 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:

So when you consider that Munster Rugby also still owe the IRFU 9m Euros, what exactly does this bring to the debate?

It's great for Munster that they've got all these quotable figures, but they still had to refinance their unaffordable loan. And their still millions behind the French teams. I genuinely don't understand your Munster backslapping here.

Or maybe your point is that they're going to be flash with the cash in about 12 years time or something?

Do you honestly not get how absurd your arguments are? First there's the claim that the Provinces are loaded, and now you're arguing that Munster is millions behind the French, and that's after failing badly in your point about Munster being IRFU owned.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:49 pm

Munchkin wrote:

Do you honestly not get how absurd your arguments are? First there's the claim that the Provinces are loaded, and now you're arguing that Munster is millions behind the French, and that's after failing badly in your point about Munster being IRFU owned.....

So Munster can't be millions in debt and at the same time pay their players lots of money?

Is that honestly your point?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:51 pm

Munchkin, it doesn't get that the French clubs spend money they don't have

'Only two clubs in the Top 14 posted positive financial results for that season. It may come as a surprise that one of those clubs was Toulon (€690,000), as well as Brive (€202,000). The nouveau riche French giants won their first European title in that season.' http://www.balls.ie/rugby/266552-top-14-finances/266552

Figures obtained by financial watchdog 'Direction nationale d'aide et de contrôle de gestion' put into perspective the power of the league where the average wage budget rose to €7.4m, while the average budget for a Top 14 club was €21.2m last term with the highest coming in at €35m.
http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/champions-cup/financial-gap-between-irish-and-french-rugby-grows-as-average-top-14-budget-now-21m-31142469.html

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:52 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

So Munster can't be millions in debt and at the same time pay their players lots of money?

Every business has debt

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:00 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

There you go arguing against yourself again. Comedy gold Very Happy

"And their still millions behind the French teams."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:02 pm

marty2086 wrote:Munchkin, it doesn't get that the French clubs spend money they don't have

'Only two clubs in the Top 14 posted positive financial results for that season. It may come as a surprise that one of those clubs was Toulon (€690,000), as well as Brive (€202,000). The nouveau riche French giants won their first European title in that season.' http://www.balls.ie/rugby/266552-top-14-finances/266552

Figures obtained by financial watchdog 'Direction nationale d'aide et de contrôle de gestion' put into perspective the power of the league where the average wage budget rose to €7.4m, while the average budget for a Top 14 club was €21.2m last term with the highest coming in at €35m.
http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/champions-cup/financial-gap-between-irish-and-french-rugby-grows-as-average-top-14-budget-now-21m-31142469.html

And not just T14. That league, where the grass is always greener and Chunky pines for, also has clubs in debt. Debt that dwarfs that of Munster. Huge debt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:12 pm

Can you all club together and get argument in order here....what on earth are you trying to ask me? I'll be glad to answer.

It's like a children's tv show

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:43 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:Can you all club together and get argument in order here....what on earth are you trying to ask me? I'll be glad to answer.

It's like a children's tv show

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:29 pm

This thread has been quite quiet recently. Have Phil, Stone and Chunks gone into hiding for the world cup? This forum isn't the same without their pointless trolling and hatred of all things Irish and Ponty

If Wales don't win the rugby world cup I hope Ireland take the glory instead as it goes Leprechaun

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:03 pm

Risca Rev wrote:I know you aren't the brightest
Just been offered a place at University College London to do a Masters in Cultural Heritage next year. One of the best Archaeology/Heritage departments in the world

Can't be that thick then...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:59 pm

Steffan wrote:
Just been offered a place at University College London to do a Masters in Cultural Heritage next year. One of the best Archaeology/Heritage departments in the world

D'you get fries with that?
Buy a book mun. Much cheaper.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:01 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Didn't say I was going to take them up on the offer...

For the record though I know plenty of people who have studied Heritage and gone to work for CADW, UNESCO and other organisations

I'm happy enough at the moment working with my mate running a pub

Risca is your man for the Big Mac and fries

OLE

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:37 pm

Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Didn't say I was going to take them up on the offer...

For the record though I know plenty of people who have studied Heritage and gone to work for CADW, UNESCO and other organisations

I'm happy enough at the moment working with my mate running a pub

Risca is your man for the Big Mac and fries

OLE

Good for you Steff.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:21 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:Good for you Steff
Cheers. What with Stone, Chunky and Phil all disappearing suddenly it might now be even safe to talk about 'Conty' without getting ganged up on and abused Smile

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next