The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do Computers & the Internet Improve People's Intelligence and Understanding of the World?

4 posters

Go down

Do Computers & the Internet Improve People's Intelligence and Understanding of the World?  Empty Do Computers & the Internet Improve People's Intelligence and Understanding of the World?

Post by Guest Tue 15 Sep 2015, 8:33 am

This follows from the shock Organisation for Economic Development (OECD) report that Investing heavily in school computers and classroom technology does not improve pupils' performance and may in fact make them dumber:

Click here for the BBC article on the OECD Report
Alternately:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34174796

Back to top Go down

Do Computers & the Internet Improve People's Intelligence and Understanding of the World?  Empty Re: Do Computers & the Internet Improve People's Intelligence and Understanding of the World?

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 15 Sep 2015, 8:40 am

Understanding of the world? Maybe. Intelligence? Only a fool would think they'll help that.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Do Computers & the Internet Improve People's Intelligence and Understanding of the World?  Empty Re: Do Computers & the Internet Improve People's Intelligence and Understanding of the World?

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue 15 Sep 2015, 8:57 am

I don't think this questionneeds answering

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 15 Sep 2015, 10:03 am

I think they give people a lot of misunderstanding and a very shallow 'understanding' of a few issues they might not know of otherwise.

People read a headline and think they understand an issue. News on the internet seems to revolve around shock headlines to get clicks and not so much in the way of content.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Sep 2015, 10:39 am

Improved my Spanish and French on youtube (Though I had pretty good Spanish from my student days)....Mainly because we use/used holiday homes in Spain and Belgium ...Not been to Brussels for a while.......Belgium is one of those Countries that have different languages for different parts.....Away from the capital it's Dutch speaking predominantly...Bollox to that.

Know some Mandarin too..........

Computers and the internet can be good or bad like anything else....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 15 Sep 2015, 10:45 am

English next?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Sep 2015, 10:53 am

Scottrf wrote:English next?

Learning foreign languages are good...You can insult your wife without going in the naughty corner..

Used to learn two phrases a day........and build up...........Certainly no Stephen Hawking..

Carry on learning mandarin when I can be bothered I guess.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down