The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The thread to complain about the referees and the PrO'12 HAS BEEN PUT TO BED FOR THE EVENING TILL YOU LOT STOP ARGUING/INSULTING

+8
PhilBB
Cardiff Dave
Stone Motif
The Great Aukster
ME-109
Chunky Norwich
SecretFly
Rory_Gallagher
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The thread to complain about the referees and the PrO'12 HAS BEEN PUT TO BED FOR THE EVENING TILL YOU LOT STOP ARGUING/INSULTING Empty The thread to complain about the referees and the PrO'12 HAS BEEN PUT TO BED FOR THE EVENING TILL YOU LOT STOP ARGUING/INSULTING

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 16 Sep 2015, 5:44 pm

Before you delete this again, moderators, hear me out.

If you haven't noticed, every single match thread involving an Irish team has been totally derailed into chaos and it is impossible for anyone who wishes to discuss the actual rugby. There are threads already for people to discuss the corruption of the league, and here is another thread for people to complain about the performance of the referees and to scrutinise every decision they make. They can even post as much video evidence as they like!

This may have been a bad week due to the fact the Welsh and Irish teams were playing each other, but from this point on it would be desirable for most people on these forums to have match threads where we can discuss the rugby. Obviously people should have the freedom to complain about the refereeing performances and criticise the decisions they make, but if you read the match threads you can see the same persistent offenders who have went far beyond this and have made it their mission to spread the gospel about the corrupt PrO'12 and shove it down our throats. This isn't and shouldn't be relevant to the actual match/team threads.

So here it is, yet again, why not help to save the forum and let them vent it all out here? When things go off topic, refer them to this thread where they can have free reign to say whatever they like about the PrO'12, and keep the match threads for the rugby fans. Peace. Hug

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

The thread to complain about the referees and the PrO'12 HAS BEEN PUT TO BED FOR THE EVENING TILL YOU LOT STOP ARGUING/INSULTING Empty Re: The thread to complain about the referees and the PrO'12 HAS BEEN PUT TO BED FOR THE EVENING TILL YOU LOT STOP ARGUING/INSULTING

Post by SecretFly Wed 16 Sep 2015, 5:56 pm

This should stay up.  It's a genuine effort to clean up Match threads and a genuine home for people with seasonal complaints about officiating IF those complaints are genuine.

If the complaints are genuine then this is the place we should all pop into to ........................ resolve (never!) them.

Counting One, Two, Three.........

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

The thread to complain about the referees and the PrO'12 HAS BEEN PUT TO BED FOR THE EVENING TILL YOU LOT STOP ARGUING/INSULTING Empty Re: The thread to complain about the referees and the PrO'12 HAS BEEN PUT TO BED FOR THE EVENING TILL YOU LOT STOP ARGUING/INSULTING

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed 16 Sep 2015, 6:00 pm

Why on earth would someone post in here, if they want to reply to an erroneous message in another topic?

That's almost saying "please don't criticise anything we say, we're often wrong but don't want to be shown up"

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 6:00 pm

Not a hope Rory...but good try

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 16 Sep 2015, 6:05 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:

That's almost saying "please don't criticise anything we say, we're often wrong but don't want to be shown up"

I know the feeling Chunk. People in here. If they don't like what you say they just put you on 'ignore' so that the pain of listening to reason isn't so severe.

Well said.

Someone tell him I said that....

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 16 Sep 2015, 6:09 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:Why on earth would someone post in here, if they want to reply to an erroneous message in another topic?

Shall I rename the thread to that then? It is mainly for you and your friends, after all.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 16 Sep 2015, 6:09 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:

I know the feeling Chunk.  People in here.  If they don't like what you say they just put you on 'ignore' so that the pain of listening to reason isn't so severe.

Well said.

Someone tell him I said that....

I'm not telling him. Wink

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed 16 Sep 2015, 6:22 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:Why on earth would someone post in here, if they want to reply to an erroneous message in another topic?

Shall I rename the thread to that then? It is mainly for you and your friends, after all.

You can do what you want with it.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Wed 16 Sep 2015, 6:25 pm

A laudable attempt Rory, but you have no chance. Those irrational souls intent on spreading baseless conspiracy theories won't be corralled into a single debating thread because that would be far too rational. Indeed if they were that rational, they would have long since seen the futility of their irrational arguments and not attempted to spread the evidence of that even wider.

Einstein once defined insanity as:
"doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

The posters you refer to are saying the same things over and over again, but doing it on different threads, presumably because they expect different results?

Worth a try Rory but don't hold your breath.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 16 Sep 2015, 6:26 pm

The Great Aukster wrote:A laudable attempt Rory, but you have no chance. Those irrational souls intent on spreading baseless conspiracy theories won't be corralled into a single debating thread because that would be far too rational. Indeed if they were that rational, they would have long since seen the futility of their irrational arguments and not attempted to spread the evidence of that even wider.

The posters you refer to are saying the same things over and over again, but doing it on different threads, presumably because they expect different results?

Utter flaming hypO'crisy
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 16 Sep 2015, 6:29 pm

Now, now Stone. 'Hypocrisy' isn't in the title and therefore is lawfully omitted from any pronouncements in here.

Refrain Please!

So...what do we all think of the quality of reffing over the last two weeks in Pro12?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 16 Sep 2015, 6:32 pm

It was wO'ful.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 16 Sep 2015, 6:35 pm

SecretFly wrote:Now, now Stone.  'Hypocrisy' isn't in the title and therefore is lawfully omitted from any pronouncements in here.

Refrain Please!

So...what do we all think of the quality of reffing over the last two weeks in Pro12?

I think they did what they were paid to do.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 16 Sep 2015, 6:40 pm

Not the Welsh lads though. They forgot who was paying them.

That's what's wrong with the League - short attention span of the officials. We'll all have to discuss what to do about it - constructively...not argumentatively.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Sep 2015, 7:09 pm

O'h if o'nly the o'fficials co'uld o'fficiate acco'rding t'o the laws of the game Sad

w'oe w'oe w'oe is me Sad Sad Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 16 Sep 2015, 7:22 pm

Griff wrote:FFS

I'm genuinely sorry if this thread bothers you and other fine posters, but that has also been my reaction when I come home from work to read the match threads and see them all destroyed. This may help draw attention to it and fix this nonsense.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 16 Sep 2015, 7:23 pm

Feeley Flynn Sullivan?

No, his name is Feeley Flynn O'Sullivan. Best TMO in the business ..when he bothers to watch and isn't away at the dog races instead.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 16 Sep 2015, 7:25 pm

Munchkin wrote:
Griff wrote:O'FFS

sorry for butting in.... Whistle

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Sep 2015, 7:28 pm

You're most welcome, Fly Very Happy

Fair thread, methinks.

Edit: I was a wee bit slow on getting that Erm

Last edited by Munchkin on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Sep 2015, 7:30 pm

No doubt someone will complain about the thread. No doubt someone won't understand the irony.

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 16 Sep 2015, 7:34 pm

Oh they'll understand the irony. But the boys simply won't want coming here to discuss the issues out in the cold without the Irish lads around to listen. So the room will never gain enough of an occupancy rate to be viable.

Incidently, they probably think they'd be left alone if they came here... but the place would be packed as the lure of 'what's been said about us' is strong. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 16 Sep 2015, 7:35 pm

Munchkin wrote:
Griff wrote:O'FFS

Laugh
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 16 Sep 2015, 7:40 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:

I'm genuinely sorry if this thread bothers you and other fine posters, but that has also been my reaction when I come home from work to read the match threads and see them all destroyed. This may help draw attention to it and fix this nonsense.

Fun SpO'nge
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Sep 2015, 7:49 pm

SecretFly wrote:Oh they'll understand the irony.  But the boys simply won't want coming here to discuss the issues out in the cold without the Irish lads around to listen.  So the room will never gain enough of an occupancy rate to be viable.

Incidently, they probably think they'd be left alone if they came here... but the place would be packed as the lure of 'what's been said about us' is strong. Wink  

This is true. The temptation to put wrongs to right would be close to irresistible boxing  It wouldn't be long filling 20 pages.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 16 Sep 2015, 7:50 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:

D'you mean rugby in general?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 7:52 pm

In reality Rory you should start a thread titled...The Pro 12 and What the Welsh can do to improve it...in terms of Attendances, sorting out there own internal problems, keeping the best players, not being dependent on their neighbours to the East (who dont give a flying fornication about them).

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 16 Sep 2015, 7:58 pm

ME-109 wrote:In reality Rory you should start a thread titled...The Pro 12 and What the Welsh can do to improve it...in terms of Attendances, sorting out there own internal problems, keeping the best players, not being dependent on their neighbours to the East (who dont give a flying fornication about them).
Meanwhile I'll start another thread. The PrO' 12 and what it can do for the Irish, who don't give a flying fornication about anyone else. Will need a catchy new title though, I'm thinking 'IRFU Board Minutes'.

Last edited by Stone Motif on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : dO'h)
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 8:00 pm

Get your own house in order before you complain about anyone else. Typical victim attitude...poor us its everyone elses fault.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 16 Sep 2015, 8:03 pm

ME-109 wrote:Get your own house in order before you complain about anyone else. Typical victim attitude...poor us its everyone elses fault.

Yeah Yeah yeah. What sanctimony are we going to get next from the Emerald Isle,'Alan Quinlan pleads for sanity over eye gouging'?
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 8:06 pm

Yawn. Poor us..

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 16 Sep 2015, 8:20 pm

ME-209 wrote: Yawn. Poor us.

Indeed.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wales-accused-illegal-tactics-breakdown-9960567
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 16 Sep 2015, 8:29 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wales-utilise-classic-Irish-spirit-of-the-game-breakdown-tactics-and-win 9960567

"Wales denied today that they like Irish holding-on 'sticky-fingers' Owenesque spirit-of-the-game tactics but thinks they might prove very fruitful in the real man's League of World Cup Rugby"

Invite Walesonline to the 606 threads actually.  They seem to always have the right spicey tone.  And I think they must write a few of these 606 threads anyway - ghostwriters.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Wed 16 Sep 2015, 9:24 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
The Great Aukster wrote:A laudable attempt Rory, but you have no chance. Those irrational souls intent on spreading baseless conspiracy theories won't be corralled into a single debating thread because that would be far too rational. Indeed if they were that rational, they would have long since seen the futility of their irrational arguments and not attempted to spread the evidence of that even wider.

Utter flaming hypO'crisy

Very... err... rational.

BTW who is this hippo Chrissy referred to - ex girlfriend?

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 16 Sep 2015, 9:27 pm

The Great Aukster wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

Utter flaming hypO'crisy

Very... err... rational.

Yeah she was Irish. Big girl but never looked like she was supporting her own weight properly...
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 9:56 pm

I wonder do you or some other Welsh posters ever listen to yourselves....you should try it....it might put you off.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Thu 17 Sep 2015, 7:51 am

Stone Motif wrote:
The Great Aukster wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

Utter flaming hypO'crisy

Very... err... rational.

Yeah she was Irish. Big girl but never looked like she was supporting her own weight properly...

You sound well matched. What happened did you get pinged for pulling down the Irish Moll?

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 17 Sep 2015, 8:09 am

This is a really odd board where a handful of Irish and Northern Irish posters behave in a really bizarre manner:

- they take a point made that is vaguely critical of the set up of Irish rugby, exaggerate it and extrapolate it into a claim of a conspiracy theory just in order to not actually debate the point made but their false manifestation of it
- the next step is then to make some wholly false claim regarding the set up of Welsh rugby
- after that, the idea is that 'you are Welsh so cannot criticise the Irish set up as the WRU want something similar', as though it is impossible for a human to have his/her own opinion as the individual must only follow what the Union demands
- then somebody writes some really dreadful attempt at humour
- then those who have had their ideas previously shown to be false (let's look at the Fitzgibbon being an IRFU employee hilarity or the claim of the Arms Park being redeveloped with Government cash) go to hilariously extreme lengths to either ignore the fact they've been disproved or to shift the debate as far from their error as possible, rather than just admitting they got something wrong
- then somebody moans in a new thread about what is going on in other threads

How very, very odd.

Why can't you all just accept that many of the practices in Irish rugby prevent the PrO'12 from being a fair and competitive league? It is what it is, and it's not changing, but let's at least have some honesty here.
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Thu 17 Sep 2015, 8:15 am

The Great Aukster wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

Utter flaming hypO'crisy

Very... err... rational.

Isn't she in The Pretenders?
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 17 Sep 2015, 9:26 am

PhilBB wrote:
Why can't you all just accept that many of the practices in Irish rugby prevent the PrO'12 from being a fair and competitive league? It is what it is, and it's not changing, but let's at least have some honesty here.

Because the Irish by nature, have a superiority complex. To admit any failings would be an impediment to the psyche. Sometimes this is conscious and sometimes soubconscious in my opinion..

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 17 Sep 2015, 10:47 am

PhilBB wrote:This is a really odd board where a handful of Irish and Northern Irish posters behave in a really bizarre manner:

- they take a point made that is vaguely critical of the set up of Irish rugby, exaggerate it and extrapolate it into a claim of a conspiracy theory just in order to not actually debate the point made but their false manifestation of it
- the next step is then to make some wholly false claim regarding the set up of Welsh rugby
- after that, the idea is that 'you are Welsh so cannot criticise the Irish set up as the WRU want something similar', as though it is impossible for a human to have his/her own opinion as the individual must only follow what the Union demands
- then those who have had their ideas previously shown to be false (let's look at the Fitzgibbon being an IRFU employee hilarity or the claim of the Arms Park being redeveloped with Government cash) go to hilariously extreme lengths to either ignore the fact they've been disproved or to shift the debate as far from their error as possible, rather than just admitting they got something wrong

How very, very odd.

Weird folks here from Wales...and sub-Walesish Englandland.

The story seems to be that

- flagrant splurges of die-hard hateism over this last year are slotted in as 'vaguely critical' and, even if blatantly hateist/envyist/bitterest, should still be afforded respect enough to at least be debated.
'So Chunky thinks Irish rugby and the IRFU is a disgraceful, disgusting, seedy, corrupt, festering cesspit of greed and crime - and says so - openly - but so what?  Why can't all you Irish clowns discuss it sensibly?  
No.  Let's not discuss it sensibly.  Let's just keep calling Chunky what he is until HE decides he's going to debate the issues without exaggerating and attempting to constantly insult.

- the next step is then for Welsh poster to get all sore, hot, bothered and bewildered when.............. all out of the blue like.................. the Irish hit back.  "Like what's with you guys?  This is criticism of you guys.  Stop bringing WRU and Regions into it, plonkers"  (Always the obligatory personal stuff when irate)

- next up is the 100% evasion clause.   A point or question is put and two or three things happen:  
1) personal attack: "Idiot!", "Schidtface", "Scumbag" et etc.  
2)  Sudden loss of communication for an hour, three or 24.  So that when we next see taunter, he's forgotten he was asked a question and just leaves it there and moves on Whistle .
3)  So maybe the WRU DO HAVE "something similar" and pay 60% of certain Regional players wages + pay refs...but there is no corrupt link possible because the Regions pay for all their own players and nobody else pays a penny, certainly not the WRU.

- next up is turning up to a weird thread, reading it all the way through to be aware that its weird, secretly loving that it's weird and then joining in the fun with a weird entry of their own

- next up is generally either a really dreadful attempt at straight faces (the Welsh are too serious to joke around, it seems - messing is only for idiots and idiots are only Irish)
..... dreadful attempts at grimaces and frowns OR more personal garbage:  "Disgusting!" "Wan*er", etc etc etc................

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:07 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
PhilBB wrote:

Because the Irish by nature, have a superiority complex. To admit any failings would be an impediment to the psyche. Sometimes this is conscious and sometimes soubconscious in my opinion..

A superiority complex over what?!?!
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:14 am

SecretFly wrote:
PhilBB wrote:This is a really odd board where a handful of Irish and Northern Irish posters behave in a really bizarre manner:

How very, very odd.

Weird folks here from Wales...and sub-Walesish Englandland.

The story seems to be that

- flagrant splurges of die-hard hateism over this last year are slotted in as 'vaguely critical' and, even if blatantly hateist/envyist/bitterest, should still be afforded respect enough to at least be debated.
'So Chunky thinks Irish rugby and the IRFU is a disgraceful, disgusting, seedy, corrupt, festering cesspit of greed and crime - and says so - openly - but so what?  Why can't all you Irish clowns discuss it sensibly?  
No.  Let's not discuss it sensibly.  Let's just keep calling Chunky what he is until HE decides he's going to debate the issues without exaggerating and attempting to constantly insult.

- the next step is then for Welsh poster to get all sore, hot, bothered and bewildered when.............. all out of the blue like.................. the Irish hit back.  "Like what's with you guys?  This is criticism of you guys.  Stop bringing WRU and Regions into it, plonkers"  (Always the obligatory personal stuff when irate)

- next up is the 100% evasion clause.   A point or question is put and two or three things happen:  
1) personal attack: "Idiot!", "Schidtface", "Scumbag" et etc.  
2)  Sudden loss of communication for an hour, three or 24.  So that when we next see taunter, he's forgotten he was asked a question and just leaves it there and moves on Whistle .
3)  So maybe the WRU DO HAVE "something similar" and pay 60% of certain Regional players wages + pay refs...but there is no corrupt link possible because the Regions pay for all their own players and nobody else pays a penny, certainly not the WRU.

- next up is turning up to a weird thread, reading it all the way through to be aware that its weird, secretly loving that it's weird and then joining in the fun with a weird entry of their own

- next up is generally either a really dreadful attempt at straight faces (the Welsh are too serious to joke around, it seems - messing is only for idiots and idiots are only Irish)
..... dreadful attempts at grimaces and frowns OR more personal garbage:  "Disgusting!" "Wan*er", etc etc etc................

Sorry, mate, that's a bit lost on me. I can see that you have a personal problem with 'Chunky' and so wish to tar all Welsh contributors with that brush but, other than that, I'm not sure what point you're making.

Just to be clear:

- what is 'sub-Walesish Englandland'? Is it an attempt at humour that I don't understand or are you trying to make a point?
- I've not been here, nor has anything I've produced been 'hateism', so how about you address the individual poster rather that just your issue with 'Chunky'?
- I don't care how Chunky sees Irish rugby. His view has no effect on my view. I've tried to discuss it sensibly but haven't had much joy with Sin, 6.7, munchkin and especially marty. I've barely seen a point of value from you, just attempts at humour, so I've genuinely no idea what your viewpoint is.
- I've seen nothing 'personal' or 'evasive', other than marty running from his 'Arms Park redeveloped with Government money' stuff.
- the point on WRU NDC is that they affect 12 players out of over 200. As noted, if you think that is out of order (and I'd agree with you) then you can only believe that the IRFU paying 200 out of 200 PLUS the referees is out of order on a completely different scale (and I'd agree with you on that, too).
- I don't know what you mean about 'weird', sorry.

So, to recap, it seems that many here have an issue with how 'Chunky' views Irish rugby and wish to paint his view on to the opinions of other Welsh contributors. Isn't that a bit weird?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:21 am

ME-109 wrote:In reality Rory you should start a thread titled...The Pro 12 and What the Welsh can do to improve it...in terms of Attendances, sorting out there own internal problems, keeping the best players, not being dependent on their neighbours to the East (who dont give a flying fornication about them).

The fact that except the Big Three provinces, every side in the Pro12 has a smaller average attendance than the regions. So shouldn't the question be what are the Scottish and Italians doing to improve their attendances.

http://rugby.statbunker.com/competitions/HomeAttendance?comp_id=471

I stays the same the season before too

http://rugby.statbunker.com/competitions/HomeAttendance?comp_id=437

The season before it is similar, but the Dragons drop below Connacht and Edinburgh

http://rugby.statbunker.com/competitions/HomeAttendance?comp_id=413

The 11/12 season the regions had 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th highest attendances

http://rugby.statbunker.com/competitions/HomeAttendance?comp_id=394

The Cardiff Blues then yeah? They have had an increase in average attendance too up to 11,275 last season from 7,667 back in the 11/12 season. But hang on they are one of the Welsh regions who are not getting the crowds in.

Or maybe you want to look at the Dragons, from 6,094 in 11/12 up to 10,272 last season. Another increase in average attendance from one of those poorly attended welsh regions

The Ospreys pulled in 8,389 last season, and were only getting 7,917 in 11/12. Oh that is another increase form another of the regions.

So that leaves the Scarlets, 11/12 they had an attendance of 9,483. This dropped to 7,746 the season after, 7,218 the following season, and sadly 7,069 last season. Yes, they are not doing well. The signs this season are that we have sold 4k+ season tickets, so fingers crossed they have improved.

There are NDCs in place, and the supposed Gatland's law to stop the exodus and bring more players back. Last season more internationals returned to Wales than left Wales.

What other internal issues do you wish to discuss? The regional rugby wales v wru dispute? Sorry that one is settled with the new rugby services agreement. The lack off faith in Roger Lewis and David Pickering? Sorry, both of those have (or are due to be) been replaced.

And before you ask Fly, it does feel good to vent.

ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:22 am

You're wise enough, Phil.  You know exactly what I'm saying...each and every point.

Just like we all get your points......

Play the bewildered card as much as you like  - evasion - and meet you back on those pages/threads when accusations are made and counter-strikes are made.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:23 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:

And before you ask Fly, it does feel good to vent.

Carry on, Scarlet

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:29 am

SecretFly wrote:You're wise enough, Phil.  You know exactly what I'm saying...each and every point.

Just like we all get your points......

Play the bewildered card as much as you like  - evasion - and meet you back on those pages/threads when accusations are made and counter-strikes are made.

I've genuinely no idea what you are on about most of the time, sorry. I'm hoping that you think that you're being funny and good on those who can follow the joke.

So, I can't be sure what you think that I'm evading as I've no idea if you're making a point or making a fool of yourself.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:43 am

PhilBB wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
PhilBB wrote:

A superiority complex over what?!?!

Most other people. When it comes to rugby.

I believe the majority of Welsh posters on here, and other forums are able to see that we have a huge population of people in Wales who lack the drive to understand some of the mechanisms of rugby, that's fine but they must understand that they don't understand. There are so many misconceptions within rugby thinking, especially in the UK and Ireland, and especially in the Pro12. But many in Wales don't understand this. I am prepared to admit that we have this apathetic population in Wales.

Now it seems to me from reading this rugby forum that there are lots of very similar mindsets in Ireland too, they are unaware of some of the emchanisms in rugby. Whether it's rugby administration or rugby finances or rugby whatever. However, I've never seen one Irish poster on an internet forum, or spoken to 1 Irish fan at a rugby match that acknowledges any of this misconceptions. I believe this is because they suffer a superiority complex. An intrinsically embedded thing that means they are unable to see any shortcomings within their own structure. Why this has come about is another question entirely, and one which I haven't the foggiest clue how to answer.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Thu 17 Sep 2015, 11:45 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:

Most other people. When it comes to rugby.

I believe the majority of Welsh posters on here, and other forums are able to see that we have a huge population of people in Wales who lack the drive to understand some of the mechanisms of rugby, that's fine but they must understand that they don't understand. There are so many misconceptions within rugby thinking, especially in the UK and Ireland, and especially in the Pro12. But many in Wales don't understand this. I am prepared to admit that we have this apathetic population in Wales.

Now it seems to me from reading this rugby forum that there are lots of very similar mindsets in Ireland too, they are unaware of some of the emchanisms in rugby. Whether it's rugby administration or rugby finances or rugby whatever. However, I've never seen one Irish poster on an internet forum, or spoken to 1 Irish fan at a rugby match that acknowledges any of this misconceptions. I believe this is because they suffer a superiority complex. An intrinsically embedded thing that means they are unable to see any shortcomings within their own structure. Why this has come about is another question entirely, and one which I haven't the foggiest clue how to answer.

Hmmm. That's pretty damning. There are a good couple of Leinster fans on Gwlad who buck that trend, certainly.

But maybe you've only conversed with those new to the game this century.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next