The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ITV's coverage

+44
westisbest
Fanster
sportform
InjuredYetAgain
brennomac
milkyboy
Pete330v2
WELL-PAST-IT
tigertattie
Galted
Luckless Pedestrian
DaveM
R!skysports
glamorganalun
formerly known as Sam
offload
FecklessRogue
Notch
nathan
hjumpshoe
stub
No9
TJ
Cyril
rodders
NeilyBroon
bedfordwelsh
SecretFly
lostinwales
IanBru
Exiledinborders
TightHEAD
Scottrf
screamingaddabs
Gooseberry
wrfc1980
LordDowlais
BamBam
Jimpy
Coleman
whocares
LondonTiger
maestegmafia
pledgeX
48 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

ITV's coverage  Empty ITV's coverage

Post by pledgeX Thu 17 Sep 2015, 1:37 pm

Not sure if everyone else is already aware, but ITV are showing every single game live for the RWC:
http://www.itv.com/rugbyworldcup/fixtures

Quite impressed with that. I was expecting one game on itv, one game on itv4 and the rest bundled into a late night highlights show. Majority of the games are on ITV as well so that means we get HD and a plus 1 channel (for us poor folk without recording wizardry boxes!).

Just hope their pre and post match stuff is up to scratch, but with so many back to back games and the inevitable reams of adverts, there probably wont be much.

pledgeX

Back to top Go down

ITV's coverage  Empty Re: ITV's coverage

Post by maestegmafia Thu 17 Sep 2015, 1:50 pm

Anyone know who is on board for their commentary or pundits????

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 17 Sep 2015, 1:53 pm

http://www.itv.com/rugbyworldcup/itv-announce-line-up-for-2015-rugby-world-cup

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Thu 17 Sep 2015, 1:53 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Anyone know who is on board for their commentary or pundits????

ITV PO wrote:

ITV will provide live coverage of every single match throughout the six weeks of the tournament, hosted by England, and today unveiled a line-up of legends from across the world of rugby who will provide the very best insight and analysis from the opening fixture on 18 September, through to the final on 31 October.

Leading the broadcaster’s team will be presenter John Inverdale, who will be joined by a team of pundits who can draw upon personal experience of competing for the sport’s greatest prize, the Webb Ellis Cup.

They include Jonny Wilkinson, Lawrence Dallaglio and Jason Robinson, members of England’s victorious 2003 team, along with their coach Sir Clive Woodward, former Ireland captain Brian O’Driscoll, former Wales captain Gareth Thomas, former Scotland coach Sir Ian McGeechan, South Africa’s 1995 World Cup winning captain, Francois Pienaar, former New Zealand captain Sean Fitzpatrick, part of the side which won the inaugural tournament in 1987, Australia’s Michael Lynagh, who triumphed in 1991, his countryman George Gregan, who won the trophy in 1999, England Women World Cup winner Maggie Alphonsi, and former England international, David Flatman.

Mark Durden-Smith and Craig Doyle will also be presenters for the tournament. Joining them with a wealth of experience in the commentary box will be Nick Mullins, Miles Harrison, Jon Champion, Martin Gillingham and Simon Ward, plus co-commentators Geordan Murphy, Scott Hastings, Shane Williams and Ben Kay. Bringing viewers all the latest developments from in and around the stadia will be reporters Jill Douglas, Fran Donovan, Gabriel Clarke and Martin Bayfield.

Niall Sloane, ITV Director of Sport, said: “A Rugby World Cup hosted by England is a once in a generation event and it’s our privilege as the exclusive television broadcaster to bring viewers the full impact of all the action and emotion throughout what we hope will be an unforgettable tournament.

“We believe we’ve assembled a world-class line up of rugby talent who, through their own expertise, experience and sheer passion for the game can help deliver the best possible coverage for those watching at home.”

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Thu 17 Sep 2015, 1:56 pm

Of all the people they could get they take Inverdale? I guess he does spend all Six Nations auditioning. Not sure i've seen a broadcast where he hasn't talked about 2003.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu 17 Sep 2015, 2:03 pm

Coleman wrote:Of all the people they could get they take Inverdale? I guess he does spend all Six Nations auditioning. Not sure i've seen a broadcast where he hasn't talked about 2003.

Predictable response.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu 17 Sep 2015, 2:04 pm

LondonTiger wrote:http://www.itv.com/rugbyworldcup/itv-announce-line-up-for-2015-rugby-world-cup

So do BBC get any coverage?

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 17 Sep 2015, 2:06 pm

Nothing I'd expect Jimpy

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 17 Sep 2015, 2:06 pm

Anything that stops emmerdale farm and coronation street being on is epic. Me and my girls are not going to see eye to eye for a few weeks. Laugh

Me and my "tele" chair are going to become very well equainted over the next few weeks, I just need to keep my Stella fridge well stocked. I am not going to be moving out of my man cave. Yahoo

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by wrfc1980 Thu 17 Sep 2015, 2:07 pm

Got to say thats a hell of a line up ITV have. There will be the obvius winging about Inverdale but surely overall people are pleased with the team they have pulled together?

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 17 Sep 2015, 2:08 pm

Jimpy wrote:
Coleman wrote:Of all the people they could get they take Inverdale? I guess he does spend all Six Nations auditioning. Not sure i've seen a broadcast where he hasn't talked about 2003.

Predictable response.

I know... He is probably the worst anchor in sport. I guess he must be cheap

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wrfc1980 Thu 17 Sep 2015, 2:09 pm

Just over 24 hours and it all starts. My wife has been told in no uncertain terms that tomorow evening is booked out from 6.30pm. Domino's will be ordered and beers are a chilling. Smile

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu 17 Sep 2015, 2:09 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Anything that stops emmerdale farm and coronation street being on is epic. Me and my girls are not going to see eye to eye for a few weeks. Laugh

Me and my "tele" chair are going to become very well equainted over the next few weeks, I just need to keep my Stella fridge well stocked. I am not going to be moving out of my man cave. Yahoo

Wouldn't normally be too pleased about exclusive coverage by ITV - does anyone remember when their coverage of F1 included commercial breaks during the race.... anyway, I guess they wont interrupt the rugby with such crass advertising breaks

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu 17 Sep 2015, 2:11 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
Jimpy wrote:

Predictable response.

Not as cheap as the constant jibes aimed at him. I suppose it could be worse, could have to put up with Jiffy.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 17 Sep 2015, 2:21 pm

Jimpy wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Anything that stops emmerdale farm and coronation street being on is epic. Me and my girls are not going to see eye to eye for a few weeks. Laugh

Wouldn't normally be too pleased about exclusive coverage by ITV - does anyone remember when their coverage of F1 included commercial breaks during the race.... anyway, I guess they wont interrupt the rugby with such crass advertising breaks

You'd hope not, although I can recall two occasions on which they've missed goals in football matches because some moron has gone to adverts too early. One of them the opening England World Cup game!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Thu 17 Sep 2015, 2:25 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Anyone know who is on board for their commentary or pundits????

Im bored of them already

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Thu 17 Sep 2015, 2:27 pm

whocares wrote:  

ITV PO wrote:

ITV will provide live coverage of every single match throughout the six weeks of the tournament, hosted by England, and today unveiled a line-up of legends from across the world of rugby who will provide the very best insight and analysis from the opening fixture on 18 September, through to the final on 31 October.

Leading the broadcaster’s team will be presenter John Inverdale, who will be joined by a team of pundits who can draw upon personal experience of competing for the sport’s greatest prize, the Webb Ellis Cup.

They include Jonny Wilkinson, Lawrence Dallaglio and Jason Robinson, members of England’s victorious 2003 team, along with their coach Sir Clive Woodward, former Ireland captain Brian O’Driscoll, former Wales captain Gareth Thomas, former Scotland coach Sir Ian McGeechan, South Africa’s 1995 World Cup winning captain, Francois Pienaar, former New Zealand captain Sean Fitzpatrick, part of the side which won the inaugural tournament in 1987, Australia’s Michael Lynagh, who triumphed in 1991, his countryman George Gregan, who won the trophy in 1999, England Women World Cup winner Maggie Alphonsi, and former England international, David Flatman.

Mark Durden-Smith and Craig Doyle will also be presenters for the tournament.  Joining them with a wealth of experience in the commentary box will be Nick Mullins, Miles Harrison, Jon Champion, Martin Gillingham and Simon Ward, plus co-commentators Geordan Murphy, Scott Hastings, Shane Williams and Ben Kay. Bringing viewers all the latest developments from in and around the stadia will be reporters Jill Douglas, Fran Donovan, Gabriel Clarke and Martin Bayfield.

Niall Sloane, ITV Director of Sport, said: “A Rugby World Cup hosted by England is a once in a generation event and it’s our privilege as the exclusive television broadcaster to bring viewers the full impact of all the action and emotion throughout what we hope will be an unforgettable tournament.

“We believe we’ve assembled a world-class line up of rugby talent who, through their own expertise, experience and sheer passion for the game can help deliver the best possible coverage for those watching at home.”

Typical ITV bias...where are all the Welsh world cup winners?

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 17 Sep 2015, 2:28 pm

I honestly do not care who they have to tell me how good England are or how they are going to win the whole damn thing.

There is rugby on every day, and plenty of it. Just watch the rugby, and go to the toilet at half time. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by screamingaddabs Thu 17 Sep 2015, 2:44 pm

Ctrl + f "Barnes", no result

Fantastic! Anyone but Barnes!
screamingaddabs
screamingaddabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 17 Sep 2015, 2:58 pm

Seems to me people moan about how it's mentioned that England won the 2003 World Cup more often than anyone mentions it.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Thu 17 Sep 2015, 3:40 pm

Just wondering if its worth buying a new tv? those 4k hd things look good.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 17 Sep 2015, 3:43 pm

No live TV is even shown in 1080p yet regularly Tighthead, I wouldn't bother unless you're in the market for a new TV anyway

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Exiledinborders Thu 17 Sep 2015, 4:07 pm

Quite right BamBam. Whatever happened to 3D for which were all supposed to buy new TVs?

Exiledinborders

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 17 Sep 2015, 4:09 pm

Exiledinborders wrote:Quite right BamBam. Whatever happened to 3D for which were all supposed to buy new TVs?
I don't think they have developed it to work without glasses? I'm not wearing glasses in my living room to watch TV.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 17 Sep 2015, 4:37 pm

I'm watching two matches in 3D with (depending on supplies of Otex) full surround sound, which only cost me two vials of unicorn blood and the hair of a Gateshead virgin.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 17 Sep 2015, 4:41 pm

IanBru wrote:I'm watching two matches in 3D with (depending on supplies of Otex) full surround sound, which only cost me two vials of unicorn blood and the hair of a Gateshead virgin.

How on earth were you able to find a hair of a Gateshead virgin?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 17 Sep 2015, 4:47 pm

I think it's more a case of how many cases of Unicorn blood has this thread opened up and downed?

By the sound of things... Unicorns have gone extinct...again.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 17 Sep 2015, 8:28 pm

Not InverDull, the one crumb of comfort I thought I had with it being on ITV was that smug ********** wouldn't be doing. Damn you ITV.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 17 Sep 2015, 8:29 pm

Damn you to hell!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Fri 18 Sep 2015, 1:07 pm

To be fair I'd welcome commercials over the guff that's talked at half time usually.

"So, team A are 10 points behind, what do they have to do to play better?"

"Well they have to score tries, and get some points."

"It's very much a game of two halves, if Team B scores at the beginning of the second half, it's likely they'll score, but if Team A scores, well, they could win!"

"Cool, let's do some doodles analysing why they scored a try"

The game of two halves thing annoys me most. Thanks for the observation, all this time I've been watching rugby I thought it was done in thirds of 26.6666666666667 minutes

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Fri 18 Sep 2015, 1:12 pm

I don't watch ITV, have they been pushing the RWC?
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 18 Sep 2015, 1:16 pm

NeilyBroon wrote:To be fair I'd welcome commercials over the guff that's talked at half time usually.

"So, team A are 10 points behind, what do they have to do to play better?"

"Well they have to score tries, and get some points."

"It's very much a game of two halves, if Team B scores at the beginning of the second half, it's likely they'll score, but if Team A scores, well, they could win!"

"Cool, let's do some doodles analysing why they scored a try"

The game of two halves thing annoys me most. Thanks for the observation, all this time I've been watching rugby I thought it was done in thirds of 26.6666666666667 minutes

laughing

Yeah but that's only when they hire football pundits to do the rugby analysis....which I'm not sure ITV would be against, as it would get in their usual football main audience boyos in to watch their pundit lads talk about the ol' ruggerbie.  Smashin' news that the lad North is back in top form.  The Welsh gaffer will be best pleased.  Sorted!! ..................... Who is in goals???

Last edited by SecretFly on Fri 18 Sep 2015, 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 18 Sep 2015, 1:17 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
Jimpy wrote:

Predictable response.

You forgot a 'W' Smile
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 18 Sep 2015, 1:20 pm

Just noticed that Craig Doyle is on board. Ugh.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 18 Sep 2015, 1:25 pm

Cyril wrote:Just noticed that Craig Doyle is on board. Ugh.

They need his knowledge for the the final, whilst Inverdale anchors the 3rd place play off Smile
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 18 Sep 2015, 1:27 pm

rodders wrote:

They need his knowledge for the the final, whilst Inverdale anchors the 3rd place play off Smile
Doyle's whiny Irish twang will be last heard in the aftermath of the NZ/Ireland quarter-final Smile

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Fri 18 Sep 2015, 1:28 pm

I wish it was on Alba - I miss the hurdy gurdy hoide boidie commentary! My favourite piece was when he just shouted matawalo matawalomatawalo at ever higher volume and pitch about 20 times!

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 18 Sep 2015, 1:45 pm

Cyril wrote:
rodders wrote:

Doyle's whiny Irish twang will be last heard in the aftermath of the NZ/Ireland quarter-final Smile

Doyle, the quintessential Englishman's quintessential Irishman Wink - which is of course why Doyle has always struggled to work in his own country, as we've always been suspicious that he was an English import pretending to be Irish.... tisin't it.

And away we go - back to Gambon.  Who wants to buy him?  Who is willing to sell him?  Place your bets, folks. No pushing.  Plenty of time.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 18 Sep 2015, 1:57 pm

Cyril wrote:
rodders wrote:

Is that because guest pundit Jonah Lomu is going to rip his smug head off after the game? Very Happy
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 18 Sep 2015, 2:02 pm

Jed Thian will be commentating for his ARC rugby website during the cup.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Fri 18 Sep 2015, 2:09 pm

I want to know if they've sorted out the dreaded LAG yet.

Last WC, I watched on Sky digital (HD - but more on that later) whilst a mate of mine was watching on Freeview. There was a LAG, where my game was around 2 seconds behind his, and he'd TXT me knowing what happened just before I actually saw it.. Really annoying.. Ok, I could simply not read the TXT, but it was a way of keeping in touch during the game...

Also, ITV HD was NOT regional, so I had different commentary to that on ITV Wales. Throughout the games (Welsh games) all I had was, England this, and 2003 that... I learned to watch of ITV Wales for a less bias view Wink

I know that ITV HD now seems to be regional when it comes to the news, so hopefully that will follow through into the commentary.

Also, someone mentioned that during the football WC, ITV went to an Ad break early. I believe that was only on the HD channel. I remember the excuse being that the timing of the Ad break was automatic and not under the producers control. I really hope they have sorted that out, as you cant time a game of rugby to be exactly 40 mins after kick off, as you WILL HAVE injuries and stoppages.

Personally, I haven't liked the ITV coverage to date, but saying that its far better than Sky due to a modicum of regionalisation.

One final thing, BBC do have coverage, but NOT for BBC, but S4C. (S4C now part of the BBC set-up). S4C will cover all of the Welsh games live...

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 18 Sep 2015, 2:12 pm

How bludy fast does your mate text !!

I might be wrong, but the advert during the football was only about 10 mins into the game!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 18 Sep 2015, 2:19 pm

time is money!

If things were done right, the players themselves would have stop every ten minutes to present some messages from the sponsors - like they did in the old American sitcoms.

"A mother's choice is always Smoothesta's very own canned, full cream, motor desiccated, fusion curdled fresh milk, just exactly as it comes from the cow"

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Fri 18 Sep 2015, 2:56 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Cyril wrote:
rodders wrote:

Doyle, the quintessential Englishman's quintessential Irishman Wink - which is of course why Doyle has always struggled to work in his own country, as we've always been suspicious that he was an English import pretending to be Irish.... tisin't it.

And away we go - back to Gambon.  Who wants to buy him?  Who is willing to sell him?  Place your bets, folks. No pushing.  Plenty of time.

England won Gambon in the warm up match Fly - you have a short or selective memory...

Daniel Day Lewis may still be up for grabs though.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 18 Sep 2015, 3:06 pm

rodders wrote:
Cyril wrote:
rodders wrote:

Is that because guest pundit Jonah Lomu is going to rip his smug head off after the game? Very Happy

Lomu will be too busy making a quick buck doing MasterCard adverts and finding other ways to exploit the Haka to bother with the rugby Smile

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by hjumpshoe Fri 18 Sep 2015, 3:10 pm

Decent line up! The real question is how long will Invers be able to sit in a studio just a few feet away from Sir Jonny without having an orgasm live on air!

hjumpshoe

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Fri 18 Sep 2015, 6:57 pm

No9 wrote:I want to know if they've sorted out the dreaded LAG yet.

Last WC, I watched on Sky digital (HD - but more on that later) whilst a mate of mine was watching on Freeview. There was a LAG, where my game was around 2 seconds behind his, and he'd TXT me knowing what happened just before I actually saw it.. Really annoying.. Ok, I could simply not read the TXT, but it was a way of keeping in touch during the game...

Also, ITV HD was NOT regional, so I had different commentary to that on ITV Wales. Throughout the games (Welsh games) all I had was, England this, and 2003 that... I learned to watch of ITV Wales for a less bias view Wink

I know that ITV HD now seems to be regional when it comes to the news, so hopefully that will follow through into the commentary.

Also, someone mentioned that during the football WC, ITV went to an Ad break early. I believe that was only on the HD channel. I remember the excuse being that the timing of the Ad break was automatic and not under the producers control. I really hope they have sorted that out, as you cant time a game of rugby to be exactly 40 mins after kick off, as you WILL HAVE injuries and stoppages.

Personally, I haven't liked the ITV coverage to date, but saying that its far better than Sky due to a modicum of regionalisation.

One final thing, BBC do have coverage, but NOT for BBC, but S4C. (S4C now part of the BBC set-up). S4C will cover all of the Welsh games live...

You'll never fix the lag in satellite tv, it takes longer for the signal to come from space instead of your regional freeview transmitter.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 18 Sep 2015, 7:09 pm

Wow, can't believe they got John Hayes into the Opening Ceremony!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Fri 18 Sep 2015, 7:09 pm

that pitch looks fecked!

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Sep 2015, 7:14 pm

Paloma Faith doing World in Union though. Was not a fan

Back to top Go down