The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frampton Quigg - Getting Close?

+12
TopHat24/7
Derbymanc
catchweight
BoxingFan88
milkyboy
AdamT
Lance
wheelchair1991
RanjitPatel
Nico the gman
TRUSSMAN66
Rowley
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Frampton Quigg - Getting Close? - Page 2 Empty Frampton Quigg - Getting Close?

Post by Rowley Tue 22 Sep 2015, 4:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just saw this on social media so don't shoot the messenger but the Manchester Evening News is reporting the long awaited Frampton Quigg fight could be getting closer to being made. Direct quotes from Hearn in the article and depending on how much you believe the report seems both parties are keen to get this made. Can only hope the report is accurate as for me this is a cracking fight. I know a lot of people really fancy Frampton in this one, but I've always considered it a pick em and still do.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/boxing/scott-quigg-showdown-carl-frampton-10109749

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Frampton Quigg - Getting Close? - Page 2 Empty Re: Frampton Quigg - Getting Close?

Post by Nico the gman Thu 24 Sep 2015, 4:37 pm

Lance wrote:McDonnell has earned that fight no complaints there. Frampton is going backwards a bit
If Frampton is told he has to fight his mandatory the he has no choice, not a case of going backwards, fight or be stripped.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Frampton Quigg - Getting Close? - Page 2 Empty Re: Frampton Quigg - Getting Close?

Post by Rowley Thu 24 Sep 2015, 4:43 pm

Tell em to stick the belts up their arse. Whoever wins this fight becomes a clear second in the division to Rigo. Fighters make the belts, not the other way round. Getting enough money to secure your family's future matters more than an utterly devalued trinket.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 24 Sep 2015, 4:46 pm

Problem is promoters think three chumps equals more money with less risk than potentially being soiled by a fellow Brit..

Barry's ego will screw this fight.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu 24 Sep 2015, 5:00 pm

Rowley wrote:Tell em to stick the belts up their arse. Whoever wins this fight becomes a clear second in the division to Rigo. Fighters make the belts, not the other way round. Getting enough money to secure your family's future matters more than an utterly devalued trinket.
That isn't going to happen, neither will give the belts up, nor would a promoter or manager advise them too.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 24 Sep 2015, 5:06 pm

I appreciate that but it winds me up. The governing bodies are meant to be boxing fans and there to serve boxing and its fans. They should be moving heaven and earth to make fights like this, not putting obstacles in front of it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 24 Sep 2015, 5:12 pm

When have the governing bodies cared about fans...

I must have missed that particular time in history..

B**tards the lot of them..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu 24 Sep 2015, 5:21 pm

Rowley wrote:I appreciate that but it winds me up. The governing bodies are meant to be boxing fans and there to serve boxing and its fans. They should be moving heaven and earth to make fights like this, not putting obstacles in front of it.
Totally agree a unification bout should be sanctioned by both governing bodies, and that sadly is what's wrong with boxing, self righteous idiots who think they're bigger than the sport in charge, nuisances.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 24 Sep 2015, 5:24 pm

Like with Hearn on PPV....The horse has bolted.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 24 Sep 2015, 6:05 pm

Seems like they didn't fancy Donaire:

I want to apologize to my UK fans. I really did try to make the Quigg fight. I agreed to all the terms but when it came down to it, Quigg and his team decided not to sign after months of negotiations. One day hopefully I'll fight on UK soil.

Gutted, would love to see Donaire over here...

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 24 Sep 2015, 7:33 pm

Donaire too risky. He hits hard and is fast.

This fight has too much money, if one of these guys loses to Donaire, big ppv goes up in smoke.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu 24 Sep 2015, 7:46 pm

Its ironic both them will stall because of each other until they fight

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 24 Sep 2015, 7:51 pm

Should of happened already, however they both can thank their lucky stars they are still unbeaten.

Anyway if the fight is in any way close and exciting, expect a huge rematch. Potentially these two could fight a trilogy.

Big bucks for all involved and able to avoid the Rigos and Donaires of this world.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 24 Sep 2015, 7:55 pm

Mcdonnell has no chance

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu 24 Sep 2015, 9:10 pm

Quigg would beat him quite easily i think

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 24 Sep 2015, 10:12 pm

Truss' tipping is the kiss of death. McDonnell has better wins than quigg. He'll handle the weight fine. Quigg could take him out,  but won't out work him or out box him. Close fight.

Not sure how one punch on Martinez has turned quigg into a world beater. A couple of fights ago he was outboxed by a Cuban taxi driver.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2