The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slamming Sam and the Destabalising Effect

+40
Barney McGrew did it
Geordie
nathan
LondonTiger
Knowsit17
gregortree
yappysnap
Hammersmith harrier
Hoonercat
maestegmafia
Galted
BamBam
Sgt_Pooly
beshocked
Rory_Gallagher
milkyboy
Pal Joey
rodders
screamingaddabs
GunsGerms
quinsforever
lostinwales
marty2086
seanmichaels
offload
TightHEAD
doctor_grey
englandglory4ever
stevetynant
GavinDragon
bedfordwelsh
Happytravelling
WELL-PAST-IT
SecretFly
hugehandoff
LordDowlais
fa0019
No 7&1/2
Scottrf
RubyGuby
44 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Slamming Sam and the Destabalising Effect - Page 5 Empty Slamming Sam and the Destabalising Effect

Post by RubyGuby Wed 30 Sep 2015, 12:53

First topic message reminder :

This is not a WUM so please lets have some considered responses here as well as the usual dross.

The inclusion of Sam Burgess divided opinion in many pundits minds with perhaps Carling being among the more vociferous (I have always been a fan of Carling by the way and think that he more than any other person pulled England away from a pompous amateur era to that of a winning mentality) - Now there is no doubting this players ability as an individual although he has yet to prove himself in rugby union and a lot is being asked of him. My question I guess is, has his inclusion and undoubted aura destabilised what has been a pretty consistent ship over the past 3 years. Has it upset the dynamics of the team. He is a natural leader but that can create confusion, particularly in a game where he has not earned the right to be a leader. I've always been a fan of Burrell and of course its about combinations and familiarity in the 10, 12 and 13 axis. I'm just thinking that by opting for 1 potentially precious Jewel Lancaster and Co have discarded a number of Diamonds that have previously shone and perhaps could have shone if given the opportunity. It would have also maintained the equilibrium that appears to be lacking at present.

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Slamming Sam and the Destabalising Effect - Page 5 Empty Re: Slamming Sam and the Destabalising Effect

Post by englandglory4ever Sat 28 Nov 2015, 12:10

Oh but you are deluded again. Why should a great player like him have to sit around learning the trade of a 6 when even you keep carping on about how he would be good in a couple of years time. I suspect you think George Ford would make a good hooker in 2 years if he put on a bit of weight. BTW have you seen the Doctor yet?

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Slamming Sam and the Destabalising Effect - Page 5 Empty Re: Slamming Sam and the Destabalising Effect

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 28 Nov 2015, 12:18

When did I say he could (only) be good in a couple of years. He'd be a bloody good 6 now. Not sure on Capaldi and feel my tv won't shine as bright without Jenna Coleman.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 28 Nov 2015, 12:24

No 7&1/2 wrote:When did I say he could (only) be good in a couple of years. He'd be a bloody good 6 now. Not sure on Capaldi and feel my tv won't shine as bright without Jenna Coleman.

I like Capaldi when he is angry.

In a way glad Coleman has gone, as I felt like a dirty old man. She was stunningly gorgeous though.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sat 28 Nov 2015, 12:40

You said he's no good in the line out. Ford, Mike as you call him, said he might be good enough to play 6 for England in a couple of years when he learnt his trade. Bet that went down well. Has George started to learn how to be good hooker yet? You really should make that appointment.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 28 Nov 2015, 13:18

So I never said 2 years thanks. George is a good hooker many calling for him to start.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 28 Nov 2015, 13:50

Jenna Coleman on a thread about Burgess? That is quite a stretch. But I do agree she is a cutie.
She probably has a lot more support across the country (and world?) than Burgess.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 28 Nov 2015, 20:56

I'd appreciate as I'm sure others would if you didn't try to use mental illness in point scoring. Ford is a fly half, if you think he has a chance of being a hooker I think you're sadly mistaken.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 28 Nov 2015, 21:55

Using the forum isn't some sort of competition to be the biggest fool on the internet. Lets keep it civil

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 28 Nov 2015, 21:56

No 7&1/2 wrote:I'd appreciate as I'm sure others would if you didn't try to use mental illness in point scoring. Ford is a fly half, if you think he has a chance of being a hooker I think you're sadly mistaken.

I agree and have removed the post.

Englandglory - no need for that.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 28 Nov 2015, 21:58

Fancy seeing you here RDW! A pleasure.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 28 Nov 2015, 21:58

He's been double teamed!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 28 Nov 2015, 22:46

Jeez I was going to post in the biggest idiot competition, but as the Feds are here I think I'll just mosy on by (tips hat)... Whistle Wink

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5