The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by bmcr Sun 11 Oct 2015, 10:40 pm

Assuming POC is gone and Payne is out for definate who will we call up?

Don't like the thoughts of Touhy coming in. Don't think we has been great from what i have seen of Ulster so far, although that has been limited. For payne you would assume it would be Trimble or Reid. I would go for Trimble and make Earls the starting 13. Not sure where to go with POC's replacement. Touhy or McCarthy? Not great options.

If we look at the worst case who would replace POM and Sexton? For POM Ruddock or Conan i would assume bit for Sexton do you call up Keatley or a 3rd scrum half?

bmcr

Posts : 40
Join date : 2011-05-17
Age : 42
Location : Warrenpoint

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by bmcr Sun 11 Oct 2015, 10:41 pm

Don't know how to fix my poor spelling in the title. Can someone help me out???

bmcr

Posts : 40
Join date : 2011-05-17
Age : 42
Location : Warrenpoint

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by Notch Sun 11 Oct 2015, 10:44 pm

Tuohy has been poor, but he has the advantage of having been in the training camp over the warm-up period as opposed to Dave Foley who hasn't.

Would replace Payne with Trimble, Sexton with McFadden or Keatley, O'Mahony with Conan and O'Connell with Tuohy.
Notch
Notch
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25635
Join date : 2011-02-10
Age : 33
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by bmcr Sun 11 Oct 2015, 10:51 pm

Agree with Trimble, probably a given.

Sexton - the thoughts of Keatley fill me with dread. To be honest don't know how he has been going so far this season but looking back on last season i don't think Munster fans would express much confidence in him. McFadden is a no no. What about McCarty out west of JJ??

Touhy and Foley are much of a muchness. Like Foley more though, but given he has not been with the squad Touhy is the more obvious call, maybe not better though

I would imagine one of the Leinster backrow to replace POM


bmcr

Posts : 40
Join date : 2011-05-17
Age : 42
Location : Warrenpoint

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by ME-109 Sun 11 Oct 2015, 10:54 pm

Has CJ qualified yet?

ME-109

Posts : 5258
Join date : 2011-09-01

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by bmcr Sun 11 Oct 2015, 10:56 pm

Don't know, but that's interesting. Would get all the 'anti project players' up in arms. Not something i have a particular problem with but this would be streching it a bit

bmcr

Posts : 40
Join date : 2011-05-17
Age : 42
Location : Warrenpoint

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by Golden Sun 11 Oct 2015, 11:03 pm

Ruddock only has a few minutes off the bench last week to his name since coming back from injury doesn't he? Can't imagine he'd have the fitness for Argentina

Golden

Posts : 3368
Join date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by Nos na Gaoithe Mon 12 Oct 2015, 8:21 am

ME-109 wrote:Has CJ qualified yet?

Apparently CJ has been qualified for Ireland since May 2015. If POM is injured I say feck the moaners and get him on the ferry. We need to rebuild that bench so that we actually have a chance in this WC if we get any further... It won't help us if we bring in replacement players that we don't want to see on the pitch unless we really have to.

Not sure what Schmidt thinks about the Stander issue though.

Nos na Gaoithe

Posts : 304
Join date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by MrsP Mon 12 Oct 2015, 8:30 am

You can't have 2 subsets of IQ.
Surely it's a binary decision?
If a player is IQ, no matter how they came by that title, and they are the next best player they should be called up.
Whether the process is correct should be a different argument surely?

MrsP

Posts : 9206
Join date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by Sin é Mon 12 Oct 2015, 8:42 am

ME-109 wrote:Has CJ qualified yet?

No. Doesn't qualify until the day before the world cup final.
Sin é
Sin é

Posts : 13725
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by Nos na Gaoithe Mon 12 Oct 2015, 8:45 am

Sin é wrote:
ME-109 wrote:Has CJ qualified yet?

No. Doesn't qualify until the day before the world cup final.

Doh Sorry! Bit early the morning after I'm afraid! I misread the Wikipedia line:

"In May 2015, Stander, who will qualify for Ireland by residency on the day after the 2015 Rugby World Cup"

Nos na Gaoithe

Posts : 304
Join date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by rodders Mon 12 Oct 2015, 9:15 am

Can't see Schmidt picking anyone who wasn't in the extended squad or featured before.

Trimble is an obvious one for Payne but he might go for D'arcy, McFadden or Noel Reid either. It depends how confident he is in Earls and Fitzgerald in midfield, whether he goes for an experienced centre or back 3 player.

Joe might like the idea of D'arcy alongside a less experience 10 if Sexton is out. Keatley would be next in line at 10 I would expect.

Dan Touhy or Foley will come in for O'Connell.

I can also see Robbie Diack, Dom Ryan or Conan coming in if Ruddock isn't fit - possible both if SOB gets a lengthy ban.
rodders
rodders
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25501
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 40

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by lostinwales Mon 12 Oct 2015, 10:45 am

rodders wrote:Can't see Schmidt picking anyone who wasn't in the extended squad or featured before.

Trimble is an obvious one for Payne but he might go for D'arcy, McFadden or Noel Reid either. It depends how confident he is in Earls and Fitzgerald in midfield, whether he goes for an experienced centre or back 3 player.

Joe might like the idea of D'arcy alongside a less experience 10 if Sexton is out. Keatley would be next in line at 10 I would expect.

Dan Touhy or Foley will come in for O'Connell.

I can also see Robbie Diack, Dom Ryan or Conan coming in if Ruddock isn't fit - possible both if SOB gets a lengthy ban.

Can you replace someone who gets a ban? I didn't think that was allowed

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 10896
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by LondonTiger Mon 12 Oct 2015, 10:49 am

lostinwales wrote:
rodders wrote:Can't see Schmidt picking anyone who wasn't in the extended squad or featured before.

Trimble is an obvious one for Payne but he might go for D'arcy, McFadden or Noel Reid either. It depends how confident he is in Earls and Fitzgerald in midfield, whether he goes for an experienced centre or back 3 player.

Joe might like the idea of D'arcy alongside a less experience 10 if Sexton is out. Keatley would be next in line at 10 I would expect.

Dan Touhy or Foley will come in for O'Connell.

I can also see Robbie Diack, Dom Ryan or Conan coming in if Ruddock isn't fit - possible both if SOB gets a lengthy ban.

Can you replace someone who gets a ban? I didn't think that was allowed

no, banned players cannot be replaced. however they could choose to replace Payne, POC and POM any way they see fit, including pulling in an extra back rower at the expense of a lock or centre.

LondonTiger
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 23485
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by Golden Mon 12 Oct 2015, 10:52 am

What if SOB "pulls a hammy" in training during the week?

Golden

Posts : 3368
Join date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by rapidsnowman Mon 12 Oct 2015, 12:00 pm

Hamgate?

rapidsnowman

Posts : 459
Join date : 2011-09-13

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by Pete330v2 Mon 12 Oct 2015, 12:05 pm

Every time I see Tuohy mentioned here a little bit of wee comes out....


Last edited by Pete330v2 on Mon 12 Oct 2015, 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pete330v2

Posts : 4079
Join date : 2012-05-04

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by LondonTiger Mon 12 Oct 2015, 12:10 pm

Touhy or Tuohy?

LondonTiger
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 23485
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by Pete330v2 Mon 12 Oct 2015, 12:13 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Touhy or Tuohy?

Ah now I'm in a puddle

Pete330v2

Posts : 4079
Join date : 2012-05-04

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by Pete330v2 Mon 12 Oct 2015, 12:15 pm

There, spelling fixed

Pete330v2

Posts : 4079
Join date : 2012-05-04

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by GunsGerms Mon 12 Oct 2015, 2:05 pm

Think Ruddock has been called up. Poc and Pom both out of WC.

GunsGerms

Posts : 12541
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 41
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by eirebilly Mon 12 Oct 2015, 2:34 pm

As a Munsterman, I would be not so sure about calling up Keatley if Sexton was ruled out for the remainder. I would actually feel more confident calling up JJ Hanrahan.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Posts : 24510
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 50
Location : Holland

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by rodders Mon 12 Oct 2015, 5:05 pm

eirebilly wrote:As a Munsterman, ...

Sorry you lost me after that billser ...Run
rodders
rodders
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25501
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 40

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Mon 12 Oct 2015, 7:31 pm

eirebilly wrote:As a Munsterman, I would be not so sure about calling up Keatley if Sexton was ruled out for the remainder. I would actually feel more confident calling up JJ Hanrahan.

Please leave our players alone (Saints), we are going to struggle enough this year I think, we need our players fresh, not hobbling around after what is proving to be a very attractional RWC.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Posts : 3107
Join date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by rodders Tue 13 Oct 2015, 8:47 am

So McCarthy comes in for O'Connell. Rumors around that Isaac Boss is on standby too, although not sure if that's for Sexton or Payne.

I'm guessing we may call up an extra back rower if SOB gets a 3 match ban and stick with the outside backs we have.
rodders
rodders
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25501
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 40

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by SecretFly Tue 13 Oct 2015, 11:18 am

This is when real coaching happens. Big headaches now trying to get a proper balance of right fitness levels plus leadership on that field for Argentina.

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by Pete330v2 Tue 13 Oct 2015, 11:55 am

I don't see any real need to call in any outside backs but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JOE WILL YOU JUST CALL ANDY TRIMBLE!!!
I know we need him badly at Ulster but Angry Andrew is what we need in the Irish camp.

Pete330v2

Posts : 4079
Join date : 2012-05-04

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by SecretFly Tue 13 Oct 2015, 12:11 pm

JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JOE!!! On BENDED KNEE!!!! YA GOTTA!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU JUST GOTTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by geoff999rugby Tue 13 Oct 2015, 1:29 pm

rodders wrote:So McCarthy comes in for O'Connell. Rumors around that Isaac Boss is on standby too, although not sure if that's for Sexton or Payne.

I'm guessing we may call up an extra back rower if SOB gets a 3 match ban and stick with the outside backs we have.

Providing Earls is fit I think we will call up a backrower for Payne, to cover SOBs ban

geoff999rugby

Posts : 4612
Join date : 2012-01-19

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by rodders Tue 13 Oct 2015, 1:35 pm

geoff999rugby wrote:
rodders wrote:So McCarthy comes in for O'Connell. Rumors around that Isaac Boss is on standby too, although not sure if that's for Sexton or Payne.

I'm guessing we may call up an extra back rower if SOB gets a 3 match ban and stick with the outside backs we have.

Providing Earls is fit I think we will call up a backrower for Payne, to cover SOBs ban

Yes that makes sense - also seen some talk on other channels that Touhy might be called up as well as McCarthy, which presumably means Henderson or Ryan covering the back row.
rodders
rodders
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25501
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 40

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by geoff999rugby Tue 13 Oct 2015, 2:22 pm

Wouldn't surprise me - after Ruddock the backrow does fall off a cliff quality wise




geoff999rugby

Posts : 4612
Join date : 2012-01-19

Back to top Go down

Whom will Ireland have to call up? Empty Re: Whom will Ireland have to call up?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum