The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leinster v Glasgow Warriors, 23 October

+21
SecretFly
Nematode
cakeordeath
Eejit
A Simply Mesmeric Try
IanBru
LeinsterFan4life
rodders
Weegie Wizard
jimbopip
PhilBB
asoreleftshoulder
demosthenes
RuggerRadge2611
RDW
funnyExiledScot
thebandwagonsociety
VinceWLB
BigGee
21st Century Schizoid Man
George Carlin
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Leinster v Glasgow Warriors, 23 October  - Page 3 Empty Leinster v Glasgow Warriors, 23 October

Post by George Carlin Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:36 am

First topic message reminder :

Leinster v Glasgow Warriors, 23 October  - Page 3 Leinst11               Leinster v Glasgow Warriors, 23 October  - Page 3 Glasgo12
Leinster Rugby v Glasgow Warriors
23 October 2015
KO: 19:45
RDS Arena, Dooblin

Live on Sky Sports

Referee: Ian Davies (WRU, 36th competition game)
Assistant Referees: Leo Colgan, Olly Hodges (both IRFU)
Citing Commissioner: Eugene Ryan (IRFU)
TMO: Dermot Moloney (IRFU)

A. Head to Head

30 Played 30
18 Wins 9
9 Losses 18
3 Draws 3
69 Tries 56
51 Conversions 37
87 Penalties 58
1 Drop Goals 3
711 Points 537
24 Avg. Age 24

B. Form

Sat 6 Sep 2014
Glasgow Warriors 22 - 20 Leinster Rugby

Fri 27 Mar 2015
Leinster Rugby 34 - 34 Glasgow Warriors

C. Teams

Leinster Rugby
Leinster v Glasgow Warriors, 23 October  - Page 3 Caitri11
15. Isa Nacewa (captain)
14. Garry Ringrose
13. Ben Te'o
12. Noel Reid
11. Fergus McFadden
10. Cathal Marsh
09. Luke McGrath

01. Michael Bent
02. Aaron Dundon
03. Marty Moore
04. Ross Molony
05. Mike McCarthy
06. Rhys Ruddock
07. Josh van der Flier
08. Jack Conan

16. James Tracy
17. Peter Dooley
18. Tadhg Furlong
19. Dominic Ryan
20. Daniel Leavy
21. Isaac Boss
22. Ross Byrne
23. Cian Kelleher

Glasgow Warriors
Leinster v Glasgow Warriors, 23 October  - Page 3 Marian10
15. Sean Lamont
14. Taqele Naiyaravoro
13. Richie Vernon
12. Fraser Lyle
11. Rory Hughes
10. Duncan Weir
09. Mike Blair

01. Alex Allan
02. Pat MacArthur
03. Zander Fagerson
04. Tim Swinson
05. Scott Cummings
06. Rob Harley (Captain)
07. Simone Favaro
08. Ryan Wilson

16. Kevin Bryce
17. Jerry Yanuyanutawa
18. Mike Cusack
19. Greg Peterson
20. Adam Ashe
21. Hugh Blake
22. Grayson Hart
23. Rory Clegg

Last edited by George Carlin on Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:13 pm; edited 4 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Glasgow Warriors, 23 October  - Page 3 Empty Re: Leinster v Glasgow Warriors, 23 October

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:54 pm

Van der Flier is a serious workhorse, Tackled and carried throughout the 80 mins. I'm not sure any Leinster fan wants to see him dropped when the intermationals return!

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Glasgow Warriors, 23 October  - Page 3 Empty Re: Leinster v Glasgow Warriors, 23 October

Post by asoreleftshoulder Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:59 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
asoreleftshoulder wrote:Ringrose was excellent,I only saw highlights but he made some lovely breaks and some really good tackles.One passage of play near the end of the first half stood out where he made a good tackle on the right hand side of the pitch and then about 30 seconds later made another big tackle forcing a knock on but this time on the left hand side.The lad has a real appetite for the physical stuff.

Van der Flier looked good in the highlights too,he has great footwork and seems well able to make yards in the tight exchanges,reports of the game praised both of them highly.

Kelleher was only on for a 2 or 3 minutes so didn't get a chance to make any impact.

Yeah the few times I have seen Ringrose he has absolutely clobbered someone. He seems really aggressive in defence, despite not being the biggest guy around. Can you see him occupying the 13 shirt for Leinster this season? Even for a few games perhaps.

Do you have a link to highlights by any chance?

http://www.tg4.ie/en/player/sport/

Extended highlights should be up there in a couple of days but you'll have to suffer through the Irish unfortunately.

Ringrose has already played 13 a few times when Te'o or O'Shea in the last game were taken off,he looked good there against the Scarlets but the game was over at that stage.I'd say he will definitely get a start there at some stage since he has taken to this level so seamlessly (man of the match last night) but I like how Cullen is handling him,he's easing him in gently but the form he's showing has been brilliant and has far exceeded my (already high) expectations.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:31 pm

Cheers mate.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:33 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:Van der Flier is a serious workhorse, Tackled and carried throughout the 80 mins. I'm not sure any Leinster fan wants to see him dropped when the intermationals return!

I've only seen him a couple of times and he looks like he could be the real deal at open-side flanker. Obviously SOB will be preferred and selected ahead though. He will be battling Jordi Murphy and Jack Conan for that bench spot I would imagine.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:19 pm

VDF has played very well.

With SOB, Ruddock, VDF, Jordi, Ryan you could have a rotation going start 2, bench 1 and rest 2 for the flanker positions.

Would keep Heaslip and Conan as the '8's even though Ruddock and SOB could be used as options there as well.

Kelleher got no meaningful minutes.

Ringrose looks like he will be a class operator next season when he fills out after a full season and offseason run in the first team squad.

Considering we were missing two entire front row options to the rwc squad our starting front row and particularly our finishing front row more than held their own at pro12 level.

Did both Glasgow and Leinster end up with backrow players moving to cover the lock position? Never a good thing to happen in a game.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:30 pm

One other observation from the game. Luke McGrath is our best scrumhalf option (he is better than Reddan in my view and Boss is almost a liability at this stage). Hopefully he can get meaningful time with the test players in more important matches this side of christmas.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:44 pm

thebandwagonsociety wrote:One other observation from the game. Luke McGrath is our best scrumhalf option (he is better than Reddan in my view and Boss is almost a liability at this stage).  Hopefully he can get meaningful time with the test players in more important matches this side of christmas.

Yeah, Luke needs to be given quality time. But I think at last Leinster are back to seeing where players slot in best.... after the MOC years. The desire to play is at least back.... lots of work to do though.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3