The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter the Play - New Story

+4
Mad for Chelsea
Duty281
BamBam
Dolphin Ziggler
8 posters

Go down

Harry Potter the Play - New Story Empty Harry Potter the Play - New Story

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 23 Oct 2015, 11:09 am

http://www.harrypottertheplay.com/

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child officially opens at the Palace Theatre London in July 2016, with preview performances from late May 2016.

Based on an original new story by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is a new play by Jack Thorne. It is the eighth story in the Harry Potter series and the first official Harry Potter story to be presented on stage.

It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children.

While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places.

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is one play presented in two Parts, which are intended to be seen in order on the same day (matinee and evening) or on two consecutive evenings.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Harry Potter the Play - New Story Empty Re: Harry Potter the Play - New Story

Post by BamBam Wed 04 Nov 2015, 12:33 pm

I've booked this for November 2016, just saw that its been extended again

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Nov 2015, 12:36 pm

F*ck Harry Potter and any c*nt who likes it

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 04 Nov 2015, 12:43 pm

Charming

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Nov 2015, 12:45 pm

I'm not usually that civil (or coherent) when discussing anything Harry Potter related

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 04 Nov 2015, 1:00 pm

DAVE667 wrote:F*ck Harry Potter and any c*nt who likes it

clap clap clap clap clap

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 05 Nov 2015, 10:58 am

Don't be too disheartened, BamBam, Dave can't really read that well and Duty stopped with it when the Triwizard Tournament came in and Hogwarts welcomed all those foreigners.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu 05 Nov 2015, 11:06 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Don't be too disheartened, BamBam, Dave can't really read that well and Duty stopped with it when the Triwizard Tournament came in and Hogwarts welcomed all those foreigners.

Laugh

I like Harry Potter. It may not be the greatest piece of literature ever written, and the series (and more so, films) are a bit uneven in quality. But it's entertaining, and kept me happily occupied many hours through my childhood and teen (and younger adult, with the films) years.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 05 Nov 2015, 12:08 pm

Ze foreigners, zey all talk with ze stereotypical Allo-Allo accent.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 05 Nov 2015, 12:15 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Don't be too disheartened, BamBam, Dave can't really read that well and Duty stopped with it when the Triwizard Tournament came in and Hogwarts welcomed all those foreigners.

Laugh

I like Harry Potter. It may not be the greatest piece of literature ever written, and the series (and more so, films) are a bit uneven in quality. But it's entertaining, and kept me happily occupied many hours through my childhood and teen (and younger adult, with the films) years.

Laugh

I see Mad for Chelsea and I are the same kind of age, so we pretty much grew up with it, hard not to get caught up in the hype.

I'm a big HP nerd, and used to people thinking its weird, so no bother thumbsup

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Thu 05 Nov 2015, 12:27 pm

I'm similar Bam. Would love to see this but hard to justify a trip over just to see it to my wife Crying or Very sad

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Nov 2015, 4:49 pm

I read the first one and thought "What a load of utter tripe" then realized that I'm a grown-up who actually reads books from grown ups not books for children just given a cover with a black and white picture of a steam train to make it appear less childish.

As I said (before I was politely warned about my excessive use of profanity and the fact it has little or no place in the civilized world) A pox on Harry Potter and all those who find amusement and succour in the ramblings of the author who infested us with this literary abomination.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 05 Nov 2015, 8:45 pm

Oh yeah I heard about this. Is it out now I recall hearing that.....

Oh wait I just remembered....

I DONT CARE

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 05 Nov 2015, 11:11 pm

This thread has more people discussing how much they hate harry potter than those who enjoy it!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Mon 14 Dec 2015, 4:39 pm

DAVE667 wrote:I'm not usually that civil (or coherent) when discussing anything Harry Potter related

Oh, really..? Can't say I noticed.
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Mon 14 Dec 2015, 4:46 pm

DAVE667 wrote:I read the first one and thought "What a load of utter tripe" then realized that I'm a grown-up who actually reads books from grown ups not books for children just given a cover with a black and white picture of a steam train to make it appear less childish.

As I said (before I was politely warned about my excessive use of profanity and the fact it has little or no place in the civilized world) A pox on Harry Potter and all those who find amusement and succour in the ramblings of the author who infested us with this literary abomination.

I rather enjoyed the first Harry Potter series.  

Perhaps, Dave, you might enjoy the next instalment, "Harry Potter and the Nervous Breakdown", which is four hundred and seventy pages of Harry repeating the words "Zibby Zabby Zoo" over and over while Malfoy administers Electro Shock Therapy, Ron comes to terms with his drinking problem and Hermione is discovered in a passionate same sex relationship with Luna Lovegood.

Perhaps that may be more to your taste...?  Happy reading.
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Mon 14 Dec 2015, 4:50 pm

The Fourth Lion wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:I read the first one and thought "What a load of utter tripe" then realized that I'm a grown-up who actually reads books from grown ups not books for children just given a cover with a black and white picture of a steam train to make it appear less childish.

Perhaps, Dave, you might enjoy the next instalment, "Harry Potter and the Nervous Breakdown", which is four hundred and seventy pages of Harry repeating the words "Zibby Zabby Zoo" over and over while Malfoy administers Electro Shock Therapy, Ron comes to terms with his drinking problem and Hermione is discovered in a passionate same sex relationship with Luna Lovegood.

When does this come out?

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Mon 14 Dec 2015, 5:15 pm

Alistair wrote:
The Fourth Lion wrote:

When does this come out?

Shortly after Hermione and Luna
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down