The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWC Final: NEW ZEALAND v AUSTRALIA, 31 October

+52
nganboy
Steve_rugby
wrfc1980
ChequeredJersey
Seagultaf
Poorfour
wolfball
majesticimperialman
Shifty
doctor_grey
Hood83
Engine#4
R!skysports
aucklandlaurie
whocares
Rory_Gallagher
Heaf
Scottrf
lostinwales
JDizzle
Duty281
monty junior
nathan
Geordie
RDW
kiakahaaotearoa
kingraf
Fanster
Rugby Fan
glamorganalun
hugehandoff
mikey_dragon
disneychilly
Notch
boomeranga
Cyril
eirebilly
blackcanelion
SecretFly
emack2
LondonTiger
SneakySideStep
yappysnap
alfie
RubyGuby
Pal Joey
BamBam
chewed_mintie
goneagain
rodders
bedfordwelsh
George Carlin
56 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

RWC Final: NEW ZEALAND v AUSTRALIA, 31 October - Page 3 Empty RWC Final: NEW ZEALAND v AUSTRALIA, 31 October

Post by George Carlin Mon 26 Oct 2015, 5:59 am

First topic message reminder :

RWC Final: NEW ZEALAND v AUSTRALIA, 31 October - Page 3 Nz_pro13          RWC Final: NEW ZEALAND v AUSTRALIA, 31 October - Page 3 Wallab10
NEW ZEALAND v AUSTRALIA

31 October 2015
16:00 BST (UTC+01)
Twickenham, London

Live on ITV1

Referee: Nigel Owens (Wales)
Assistant Referees: Jérôme Garcès (France), Wayne Barnes (England)
TMO: Shaun Veldsman (South Africa)

A. Head to Head

154 Played 154
105 Won 42
7 Drawn 7
42 Lost 105
3,126 Points 2,413

B. Recent Form

15 August 2015
Eden Park, Auckland
41 – 13 to New Zealand

8 August 2015
ANZ Stadium, Sydney
27 – 19 to Australia

18 October 2014
Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
28 – 29 to New Zealand

23 August 2014
Eden Park, Auckland
51 – 20 to New Zealand

16 August 2014
ANZ Stadium, Sydney
12 – 12 draw

19 October 2013
Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin
41 – 33 to New Zealand

24 August 2013
Westpac Stadium, Wellington
27 – 16 to New Zealand

17 August 2013
ANZ Stadium, Sydney
29 – 47 to New Zealand

20 October 2012
18 – 18 draw

25 August 2012
Eden Park, Auckland
22 – 0 to New Zealand

18 August 2012
ANZ Stadium, Sydney
19 – 27 to New Zealand

16 October 2011
Eden Park, Auckland
20 – 6 to New Zealand

27 August 2011
25 – 20 to Australia

6 August 2011
Eden Park, Auckland
30 – 14 to New Zealand

30 October 2010
Hong Kong Stadium, Hong Kong
26 – 24 to Australia

C. TEAMS:

NEW ZEALAND
RWC Final: NEW ZEALAND v AUSTRALIA, 31 October - Page 3 Richie10
Ben Smith, Nehe Milner-Skudder, Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Julian Savea, Dan Carter, Aaron Smith, Kieran Read, Richie McCaw (c), Jerome Kaino, Sam Whitelock, Brodie Retallick, Owen Franks, Dane Coles, Joe Moody

Reserves: Keven Mealamu, Ben Franks, Charlie Faumuina, Victor Vito, Sam Cane, Tawera Kerr-Barlow, Beauden Barrett, Sonny Bill Williams

AUSTRALIA
RWC Final: NEW ZEALAND v AUSTRALIA, 31 October - Page 3 Stephe10
Israel Folau; Adam Ashley-Cooper, Tevita Kuridrani, Matt Giteau, Drew Mitchell; Bernard Foley, Will Genia; Scott Sio, Stephen Moore (captain), Sekope Kepu, Kane Douglas, Rob Simmons, Scott Fardy, Michael Hooper, David Pocock.

Replacements: Tatafu Polota-Nau, James Slipper, Greg Holmes, Dean Mumm, Ben McCalman, Nick Phipps, Matt Toomua, Kurtley Beale

Last edited by George Carlin on Sat 31 Oct 2015, 1:53 pm; edited 4 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

RWC Final: NEW ZEALAND v AUSTRALIA, 31 October - Page 3 Empty Re: RWC Final: NEW ZEALAND v AUSTRALIA, 31 October

Post by nathan Sat 31 Oct 2015, 4:47 pm

Aussies missing giteu in attack massively

nathan

Back to top Go down

RWC Final: NEW ZEALAND v AUSTRALIA, 31 October - Page 3 Empty Re: RWC Final: NEW ZEALAND v AUSTRALIA, 31 October

Post by Guest Sat 31 Oct 2015, 4:48 pm

Good half

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Sat 31 Oct 2015, 4:48 pm

SecretFly wrote:Fanster, how can any side down two men be outplayed by an out-and-out attacking side that couldn't score a try against them?

Argentina were exhausted?  How many tough games had they had before meeting Australia?  New Zealand in the Pools weeks previously?  
Em, I think the exhausted side is the one in the final - Australia.  
England, Wales, Scotland, Argentina..... That's bound to have an impact on sheer resistance with each subsequent game they played.  But they're the ones there.  Another chance for an exhausted team to take the whole show.  And I certainly wouldn't begrudge them it for the effort put in.

Argentinas final was Ireland, a bit similarly to the Japan SA match. Argentina are a good team, but squad depth is not where some other teams are yet, and they need the kind of ambition and coolness NZ have, winning a quarter final and celebrating like theyve won the world cup takes it out of you.

You make a good point about Australias run, theyve had 3 tough games or so Wales, Scotland and Fiji, England were probably the lesser comp after those 3 games. NZ have really only faced SA and Argentina, and the gap between those games are large.

What I meant is that beating NZ A, a poor SA pre RWC, and then managing to creep past the post v Wales and Scotland does not make Australia a great team, they've beaten England well, thats probably the performance where eeryone started screaming Australia to win the RWC...

However, as I said 16-3 half time kinda highlights where both teams are right now.

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 31 Oct 2015, 4:49 pm

The AB's are very deserved of the first half lead but not a 13 point lead in my mind. Much closer than that but when you have a kicker like Carter, it makes it so much easier.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 31 Oct 2015, 4:50 pm

Hmm. NZ by 13 at half time ... but it could have been twenty five , such was their dominance.

Can only see this going one way.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Sat 31 Oct 2015, 4:51 pm

NZ look like they are at a canter...

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 31 Oct 2015, 4:52 pm

eirebilly wrote:The AB's are very deserved of the first half lead but not a 13 point lead in my mind. Much closer than that but when you have a kicker like Carter, it makes it so much easier.

Or when you can pass the ball forwards and knock-on without it being picked up ... it never ceases to amaze me how many forward passes NZ get away with ...

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 31 Oct 2015, 4:56 pm

Obviously IRB aren't done yet atoning for Cardiff 2007
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 31 Oct 2015, 4:56 pm

Heaf wrote:
eirebilly wrote:The AB's are very deserved of the first half lead but not a 13 point lead in my mind. Much closer than that but when you have a kicker like Carter, it makes it so much easier.

Or when you can pass the ball forwards and knock-on without it being picked up ... it never ceases to amaze me how many forward passes NZ get away with ...

This has been the story of the game so far and it is very frustrating. Is it any wonder Michael Cheika is laughing. How can his side possibly win if these calls aren't being properly made? NZ are dominant enough as it is.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Sat 31 Oct 2015, 4:57 pm

Heaf wrote:

In all fairnes it's been an issue at the RWC in general, Australia hav had their fair share of forward pass and breakdown calls...

That said, I do agree, the pass was a mile forward, and it's probably on par, if not important as the Joubert decision to allow Aus to progress to the semis.

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Sat 31 Oct 2015, 4:58 pm

Hope Australia find an extra gear on the 2H ... for the sake of this game.
Kepu tackle reminded me of Lawes tackle on Plisson during the 6N, only not as bad. Owens was there as well ans didnt événements bother to give a penalty which was fine back then do clearly harsh today.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 31 Oct 2015, 4:59 pm

Heaf wrote:

Once this game?

To be fair Australia's line out is woeful, I think Tom youngs would improve it at the moment

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:01 pm

Heaf wrote:

The AB's are having the run of the green so to speak but to be fair, forward passes and knock on's have been overwhelmingly missed during this RWC. The Aussies have had their advantage with these during the tournament as well.

Owens actually looked in a better position to call the forward pass than Barnes, both bottled it and that 3 points certainly gave the AB's a bit more momentum.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:01 pm

Yeah the main issues for Australia are at the line-out and the fact they have barely threatened the NZ defence.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:02 pm

Lineouts are usually easier when you are playing against a team thats selected two opensides.

Last edited by aucklandlaurie on Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:03 pm

nathan wrote:
Heaf wrote:

Once this game?

To be fair Australia's line out is woeful, I think Tom youngs would improve it at the moment

Yes but a penalty and a try (10 points) both came after missed calls ...

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:03 pm

Owens to his credit handled some high and late tackles on All Blacks very well by not going to his pocket. Puts the odd forward pass in perspective.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:05 pm

Jesus Sonny bill and Nonu
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:06 pm

Heaf wrote:
nathan wrote:
Heaf wrote:

Once this game?

They still had plenty of time to stop the try, so Australia are just as much to blame.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:06 pm

Nonu... Now that was some run but what about Sonny boy Williams again with the crucial offloads. Only on the field for 2 mins Shocked
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:06 pm

AAAWwwwwww Ma'a...what a try

Game over

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:07 pm

The previous one was a huge forward pass...and it all needs to be stopped. But the aussies are the kings of getting away with forward passes!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:07 pm

Can people stop complaining about the ref. As we were told it brings the game into disrepute;)

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:07 pm

I'm maintaining that Beale is Poopie

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:08 pm

Was that sio with a head high tackle again?

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:08 pm

Goodnight, Irene

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:09 pm

That's a rather odd decision for the knock-on. SBW seemed to slap the ball away (slapping Mitchell in the face as well). To me play on.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:10 pm

Swing low? Seriously?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:11 pm

Swing low?

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:12 pm

This is England, chaps.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:13 pm

nathan wrote:
Heaf wrote:
nathan wrote:
Heaf wrote:

Once this game?

They still had plenty of time to stop the try, so Australia are just as much to blame.

yes but doesn't excuse poor officiating ...

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:13 pm

The game opening up now. The Aussies really going for it.

Massive scrum from the AB's though.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:13 pm

Heaf wrote:
nathan wrote:
Heaf wrote:
nathan wrote:
Heaf wrote:

Once this game?

No, but it's pointless banging on about it ...

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:14 pm

Australian scrum hasn't been dominant yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:15 pm

Got to be a yellow

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:15 pm

Ooh was that a dangerous tackle?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:16 pm

Agree on yellow - he pulled out of it but still dangerous

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:17 pm

New Zealand are all about breaking records, but that isn't one they wanted to do

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:17 pm

Stop dithering, Nige. Make a bloody decision and stick with it!

Nope, change your mind again.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:17 pm

By the letter of the law, its a yellow card.

Big chance for the Aussies to get back into the game.

Pocock scores.

Excellent final thumbsup
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:17 pm

McCabe straight in at the side too

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:19 pm

Did he say use it in that maul? If he did, the Aussies caught a break.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:19 pm

Duty281 wrote:Stop dithering, Nige. Make a bloody decision and stick with it!

Nope, change your mind again.

Give it a rest will you, I would rather him take 20 extra seconds and get the right decision than folks on here moaning about it for the next week after the match

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:20 pm

JDizzle wrote:Did he say use it in that maul? If he did, the Aussies caught a break.

Driving forward was using it

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:20 pm

nathan wrote:
Heaf wrote:
nathan wrote:
Heaf wrote:
nathan wrote:
Heaf wrote:

Once this game?

No, but it's pointless banging on about it ...

er I made one comment and it was you that kept carrying it on ... nobody forces you to read it ...

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:22 pm

Well I just get peed off with folks on here making It about the ref and not the two teams playing

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:23 pm

ABs looking rattled - if ever Australia are going to do this now is their chance

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:23 pm

That's a pretty ordinary decision
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:23 pm

Anyhooooow....

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sat 31 Oct 2015, 5:24 pm

nathan wrote:
JDizzle wrote:Did he say use it in that maul? If he did, the Aussies caught a break.

Driving forward was using it

Thought you had to get it out the second time? Can't set and go again. If not, fair enough.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next