The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silly season transfer rumours III...

+69
Artful_Dodger
Notch
St John The Enforcer
dragon4life
RiscaGame
RuggerRadge2611
ChequeredJersey
MonkeyOwain12
demosthenes
funnyExiledScot
Cumbrian
broadlandboy
exileray
thebandwagonsociety
Mad for Chelsea
Hazel Sapling
propdavid_london
ScarletSpiderman
True Raven
BigTrevsbigmac
DaveM
Student-A1
profitius
LordDowlais
XR
Golden
Ozzy3213
doctor_grey
formerly known as Sam
Welly
Sgt_Pooly
king_carlos
mikey_dragon
beshocked
LondonTiger
Bathman_in_London
Bathite
Heaf
yappysnap
Geordie
Margin_Walker
killer938
No 7&1/2
George Carlin
munkian
SirBurger
WELL-PAST-IT
geoff999rugby
Tiger/Chief
clivemcl
stub
HammerofThunor
HongKongCherry
bluestonevedder
maverickmak
BigGee
nathan
Fluxy
TightHEAD
VinceWLB
RDW
lostinwales
westisbest
TBJ9625
LeinsterFan4life
Seagultaf
BamBam
dragon999
whocares
73 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Silly season transfer rumours III... - Page 17 Empty Silly season transfer rumours III...

Post by George Carlin Thu 29 Oct 2015, 10:32 am

First topic message reminder :

Previous seasonal silliness:
https://www.606v2.com/t57129-silly-season-transfer-rumours
https://www.606v2.com/t58562-silly-season-transfer-rumours-continued

Silly season transfer rumours III... - Page 17 Evil10
The place to confirm rumours, deny them, or viciously start new ones of your own.

Last edited by George Carlin on Sun 08 Nov 2015, 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Silly season transfer rumours III... - Page 17 Empty Re: Silly season transfer rumours III...

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 10 Feb 2016, 1:37 pm

As a Tigers fan I'd take Arnett the hooker from Wuss as he seems a good all rounder and we need a back up to Youngs. From Falcons Wilson if Pearce is off or McGuigan if not. From LI Court would be a handy loose head cover option if Rizzo and Aguero are off.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Silly season transfer rumours III... - Page 17 Empty Re: Silly season transfer rumours III...

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 10 Feb 2016, 1:54 pm

Hazel Sapling wrote:
HongKongCherry wrote:
Ozzy3213 wrote:Elliott Stooke on loan to Irish for the rest of the season.

I suppose it makes sense that he joins the Bath academy first...  Whistle

I can't claim credit for this joke as it was posted on the Glaws forum yesterday, however, definitely worth repeating!

Depressing for LI, a backline of McKibbon, Geraghty, Yarde, Williams, Joseph, Watson, Maitland would have been fairly handy if they had held on to their young players.

Out of interest, if Worcester, LI or Newcastle go down, which player from each (that would be a member of their squad for next year) would you most like your team to bring in?

If 2 of them can get wins, I can add Bath to that list for kicks.

That's a nice post for us relegation fodder to think about boxing

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Wed 10 Feb 2016, 2:38 pm

I live near and attend some LI games. As a former Durham university member, Newcastle are my favourite English team. So kind of hoping Worcester go down Sgt. Apologies if it seems in bad taste, but it is a curiosity question. Who is so good that they would have to leave and which clubs want them (yes I know Bath will inevitably sign someone from LI this offseason).

I assume Te'o would not go to Worcester and sign with a french team for example or Franks would leave LI. Newcastle would probably lose Welsh and Sinoti. Has there been any rumours in relation to if so-so go down, this club will step in for this player.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Wed 10 Feb 2016, 3:11 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:As a Tigers fan I'd take Arnett the hooker from Wuss as he seems a good all rounder and we need a back up to Youngs. From Falcons Wilson if Pearce is off or McGuigan if not. From LI Court would be a handy loose head cover option if Rizzo and Aguero are off.

Annett left Ulster because he was not interested in being a back up - not sure he would interested in fulfilling the same roll at Leicester.
Being a regular at Worcester was what attracted him in the first place - I reckon he would stay with them for one season, in the hope they bounce back.

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 10 Feb 2016, 6:31 pm

He'd be second choice at Tigers behind Tom Youngs so he would maybe consider that different to being third choice at Ulster. Though if Worcester were relegated he may consider taking there anyway, they have funds and aren't likely to stay down for any length of time. He could have several offers were he to be available (this is all hypothetical) as good all round hookers aren't that plentiful in the AP. Most of the top sides have at least one quality option but several of the other teams would take him.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 10 Feb 2016, 6:52 pm

I doubt Welch would leave Falcons even if we went down. He's club captain and has just signed a new contract....plus he's not actually that good.

Welsh, Furno, Thompson, Latu, Tuiagi would more than likely leave. All but Tuilagi would find a AP club, possibly not Thompson with his injury issues.

Wilson x 2, McGuigan, Socino, Sinoti would more than likely attract some attention.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Margin_Walker Wed 10 Feb 2016, 6:58 pm

Hazel Sapling wrote:I live near and attend some LI games. As a former Durham university member, Newcastle are my favourite English team. So kind of hoping Worcester go down Sgt. Apologies if it seems in bad taste, but it is a curiosity question. Who is so good that they would have to leave and which clubs want them (yes I know Bath will inevitably sign someone from LI this offseason).

I assume Te'o would not go to Worcester and sign with a french team for example or Franks would leave LI. Newcastle would probably lose Welsh and Sinoti. Has there been any rumours in relation to if so-so go down, this club will step in for this player.

Not actually sure that Franks would leave if we went down. I believe he's also studying at St Mary's University in addition to his rugby and bought his family over. If we can afford to see out the contract, I'd expect he may stay (or move to Quins).

Some of the younger lads with international ambitions and Cowan/Maitland, would probably be more likely candidates. A bit early in the season to be worrying about it yet though

Margin_Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed 10 Feb 2016, 8:18 pm

Lots of talk in lots of different media that Wayne Smith is in talks with Harlequins about the DoR job. That would be one hell of a signing.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 10 Feb 2016, 8:52 pm

Rumour when he was touted for the England top job was that Smith is interested in working in England again after his sabbatical. Hence the clamour for the RFU to get him during which I played the role of an excited boy band fan girl.

If he does come to England then I maintain that I hope he is tapped up for the England attack coach role. Working alongside Jones I think that could develop into one of the best coaching units in rugby. Of course this would be dependent on Jones wanting to bring in an attack coach which he currently hasn't.

If he doesn't want to coach a side who might in time compete with NZ (even if sporadically) then Quins would be an excellent destination. He could add a huge amount to any side but especially one that already like to play as Quins do.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 10 Feb 2016, 10:13 pm

Franks to Dragons when Irish go down. You heard it from me first.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Thu 11 Feb 2016, 9:50 am

EJ has also said he isnt looking to add to his coaching team.....at this time.
Even if Smith could be involved in a consultancy fashion then that would be a benefit to anyone - England or Quins.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Thu 11 Feb 2016, 11:08 am

Coetzee to Ulster confirmed Yahoo

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 11 Feb 2016, 11:53 am

geoff999rugby wrote:Coetzee to Ulster confirmed Yahoo

Crikey good signing. Not by LD's standards mind, but yeah, that is a fine addition to a very strong Ulster team. The Ulster now are completely transformed from where they were in 2009.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 11 Feb 2016, 11:54 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:Coetzee to Ulster confirmed Yahoo

Crikey good signing. Not by LD's standards mind, but yeah, that is a fine addition to a very strong Ulster team. The Ulster now are completely transformed from where they were in 2009.

Laugh

Yeah if he's so good, why is he joining the Pro12 and not starting ahead of Louw, Burger and co for SA?!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Thu 11 Feb 2016, 11:56 am

He was injured for the WC otherwise he would have been there

'a medial knee ligament injury sustained during the loss against Argentina in Durban and was in a desperate bid to get fit in time for the tournament'

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 11 Feb 2016, 11:59 am

The Welsh seriously need to catch up, Ulster will be putting out two strong teams next season and there is only one Welsh region who could match them.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 11 Feb 2016, 12:03 pm

geoff999rugby wrote:He was injured for the WC otherwise he would have been there

'a medial knee ligament injury sustained during the loss against Argentina in Durban and was in a desperate bid to get fit in time for the tournament'

Geoff, I think he's an unbelievable signing for you guys

Was just trying to make a not very funny comment on LD's perspective on Welsh signings

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Thu 11 Feb 2016, 12:06 pm

No problem Hug

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 11 Feb 2016, 12:27 pm

Cracking signing to give an extra edge to that Ulster back row. That back row has plenty of edge already. It looks like the Boks have failed to convince their internationals that foreign based players won't be selected.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 11 Feb 2016, 8:18 pm

Leone Nakarawa from Glasgow to Racing a year from the end of his contract apparently being reported in L'Equipe.

Hard for Glasgow to resist the French chequebook I would imagine but he is a very big player to lose but like Matawala, he might find that they don't like to play it quite so loose and free away from Fiji and Scotstoun!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Mon 15 Feb 2016, 11:42 pm

Cipriani to wasps on two year deal

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 16 Feb 2016, 7:10 am

True Raven wrote:Cipriani to wasps on two year deal

Just seen that. Great signing for Wasps, perhaps means Quins can sign Gopperth to replace Nev Run

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 16 Feb 2016, 7:18 am

Shame for Sale and Diamond who rescued his career. Maybe he thinks a more "fashionable" club like Wasps will help his England chances.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 16 Feb 2016, 7:30 am

LondonTiger wrote:

Just seen that. Great signing for Wasps, perhaps means Quins can sign Gopperth to replace Nev Run

That's not funny!! mad

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 16 Feb 2016, 7:35 am

And just reported that Nick Evans may be out for the season with a broken leg. Shocked

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 16 Feb 2016, 8:48 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:Shame for Sale and Diamond who rescued his career. Maybe he thinks a more "fashionable" club like Wasps will help his England chances.

Whilst true Wasps is still and always will be his home club, so it has that draw as well.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Tue 16 Feb 2016, 9:05 am

BigGee wrote:Leone Nakarawa from Glasgow to Racing a year from the end of his contract apparently being reported in L'Equipe.

Hard for Glasgow to resist the French chequebook I would imagine but he is a very big player to lose but like Matawala, he might find that they don't like to play it quite so loose and free away from Fiji and Scotstoun!

Apparently essentially confirmed at a Glasgow Warriors season-ticket holders meeting last night.  Also that Niayaravoro is heading back to Aus at the end of this season.

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 16 Feb 2016, 9:42 am

So is that Taylor and Cipriani from Sale to Wasps.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 16 Feb 2016, 10:18 am

LondonTiger wrote:

Technically Cipriani is a replacement for Lozowski.

As for Gopperth he looked very good on the weekend.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 16 Feb 2016, 10:18 am

Quins to make a move on Andy Goode?

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 16 Feb 2016, 10:20 am

Welly wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:Shame for Sale and Diamond who rescued his career. Maybe he thinks a more "fashionable" club like Wasps will help his England chances.

Whilst true Wasps is still and always will be his home club, so it has that draw as well.

Except it's different location, owners, stadium and coaches. Otherwise same club. I suppose they still train in London so he can move back home.

I think he'll just fit the way they play and that'll help his international aspirations. Is Jackson out of contract this summer? Could be a swap if he moves to Sale, he'd work well at Sale and it'd be closer to home.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 16 Feb 2016, 10:41 am

Keatley Agent going to be calling Sale and Quins all week.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 16 Feb 2016, 10:46 am

Welly wrote: Keatley Agent going to be calling Sale and Quins all week.

laughing

I think Diamond could do an awful lot with Keatley, he improved Cipriani and does develop players well. Just look at the Sale graduates most AP teams are either using or trying to pinch.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Tue 16 Feb 2016, 11:53 am

Heard a rumour of Willie le Roux to Wasps - they can't hold on to Piutau, Piutau wants to honour his contract with Ulster and Ulster don't want to let him stay at Wasps either.  Wasps trying to bring in le Roux as a result.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 16 Feb 2016, 12:21 pm

Pretty sure Willie Le Roux signed a contract with his new province only a few months ago. Wasps would need to buy out his contract at some expense to get him on board. He must have turned down some good offers to stay in SA LY. Can't see him moving now.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 16 Feb 2016, 12:30 pm

Yep joined the Sharks.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Tue 16 Feb 2016, 1:00 pm

Joining a new club doesn't mean you have to stay there, ask Eddie Jones.....

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 16 Feb 2016, 1:02 pm

No but I haven't heard the wasps rumour since.

Before he signed with sharks Fissler mentioned something in TRP but that was it.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by awayandbileyerheid Tue 16 Feb 2016, 2:19 pm

Aussie flyer Lachlan Turner has signed for Chiefs from Toulon today.
http://exeterchiefs.co.uk/news/turner-signs-for-the-chiefs/

awayandbileyerheid

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 16 Feb 2016, 2:35 pm

I remember seeing him play for Aus. Another player that will assimilate nicely into Exeter's team and one who should benefit from Baxter's coaching. Exeter again go from strength to strength and build a competitive team, most of which will be available all year.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by sad_gimp Tue 16 Feb 2016, 4:44 pm

yappysnap wrote:And just reported that Nick Evans may be out for the season with a broken leg. Shocked

Eek :/ Could be the end of his playing career tbh.

At least Botica has been better recently....would have loved to have signed Cips though. Any other 10s around? What's up with old Toby Flood these days?

sad_gimp

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Tue 16 Feb 2016, 5:02 pm

Artful_Dodger wrote:Heard a rumour of Willie le Roux to Wasps - they can't hold on to Piutau, Piutau wants to honour his contract with Ulster and Ulster don't want to let him stay at Wasps either.  Wasps trying to bring in le Roux as a result.

The latest I'd heard on Piutau was that Wasps were offering a pretty massive sum to Ulster in order to keep him, Piutau is happy in London/Coventry from all accounts but doesn't want to back out of his Ulster contract given it's a long standing arrangement now - good form from Piutau IMO.

However if Ulster decide that the sum being offered is enough for them to sign a suitable replacement and leave some cash to be spent in other areas then a agreement that satisfies all parties could still be found. Especially if Ulster feel that Piutau may not be as enthusiastic about moving if he is happy with Wasps.

The signing of Siale Piatau (Charles older brother) by Wasps could be a very shrewd move here as well. Not only is a he strong centre in his own right who fitted into Wasps game plan very well against Sarries, it could also help sway the younger brothers hand if he is feeling settled in London.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 16 Feb 2016, 6:04 pm

mid_gen wrote:
yappysnap wrote:And just reported that Nick Evans may be out for the season with a broken leg. Shocked

At least Botica has been better recently....would have loved to have signed Cips though. Any other 10s around? What's up with old Toby Flood these days?

Botica had been a lot better recently except his time management...

There were rumours linking us with Eltan Jantjes (sp?)

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 16 Feb 2016, 6:30 pm

mid_gen wrote:

Flood is at misfiring Tolouse and is carrying some extra timbre. Keatley is on the market, Jackson at Wasps could be available and there's the youngster Wilis at Falcons. Quade Cooper is desperate to leave Toulon.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue 16 Feb 2016, 8:05 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
mid_gen wrote:

Flood is at misfiring Tolouse and is carrying some extra timbre. Keatley is on the market, Jackson at Wasps could be available and there's the youngster Wilis at Falcons. Quade Cooper is desperate to leave Toulon.

Would Munster manage to get a Quade Cooper? Just a thought.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by sad_gimp Tue 16 Feb 2016, 9:10 pm

Hmm, guess we're going to have to rely on Botica and Swiel for the rest of this season and see what the new DOR decides to do.

sad_gimp

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 16 Feb 2016, 9:17 pm

Would Munster want a Quade Cooper? I could think of a less Munster style flyhalf. Someone to control territory and just move that big aggressive pack into position and make the right calls when releasing the backs. That's what Munster should be looking for. Andy Goode has come out of retirement...

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 16 Feb 2016, 9:17 pm

king_carlos wrote:
Artful_Dodger wrote:Heard a rumour of Willie le Roux to Wasps - they can't hold on to Piutau, Piutau wants to honour his contract with Ulster and Ulster don't want to let him stay at Wasps either.  Wasps trying to bring in le Roux as a result.

The latest I'd heard on Piutau was that Wasps were offering a pretty massive sum to Ulster in order to keep him, Piutau is happy in London/Coventry from all accounts but doesn't want to back out of his Ulster contract given it's a long standing arrangement now - good form from Piutau IMO.

However if Ulster decide that the sum being offered is enough for them to sign a suitable replacement and leave some cash to be spent in other areas then a agreement that satisfies all parties could still be found. Especially if Ulster feel that Piutau may not be as enthusiastic about moving if he is happy with Wasps.

The signing of Siale Piatau (Charles older brother) by Wasps could be a very shrewd move here as well. Not only is a he strong centre in his own right who fitted into Wasps game plan very well against Sarries, it could also help sway the younger brothers hand if he is feeling settled in London.

I would take the cash if I were Ulster's boss. They are re-signing Ludik as far as I know. Payne can also cover 15 whilst they seem to have an abundance of quality Irish centre's.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Tue 16 Feb 2016, 10:12 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
mid_gen wrote:

Quade Cooper?  Wonder if he would fit in at Glasgow?  They could use a quality NSQ back.

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Tue 16 Feb 2016, 11:53 pm

Telegraph reporting that wasps want to make pocock the highest paid player. It seems wasps must have also bought Saracens accountants

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next