The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PrO'12 Launch Officiating Review

+23
ScarletSpiderman
PenfroPete
2ndtimeround
asoreleftshoulder
George Carlin
LondonTiger
carpet baboon
profitius
The Great Aukster
VinceWLB
Exiledinborders
SecretFly
TJ
thebandwagonsociety
LordDowlais
LeinsterFan4life
Stone Motif
geoff999rugby
mikey_dragon
Nematode
marty2086
No 7&1/2
Chunky Norwich
27 posters

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

PrO'12 Launch Officiating Review - Page 13 Empty PrO'12 Launch Officiating Review

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 30 Oct 2015, 1:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

Guinness Pro12 bosses have revealed they are undertaking a comprehensive officiating review, focusing predominantly on the appointment of the league's assistant referees.

The issue of refereeing in the Pro12 has been a source of constant debate with league chiefs admitting it has been raised as a concern by all 12 clubs in the division.

At the moment, the leagues' referees and touch judges are able to take charge of matches involving teams from the country of their birth, leading to worries over what could be perceived as potential bias.

As a result, Pro12 chiefs are now exploring the possibility of whether it's possible to appoint impartial assistants for each game moving forwards.

“Officiating is something which is under a lot of scrutiny at the moment,” admitted new Pro12 managing director Martin Anayi.

“I am in the process of meeting all the clubs and one of the good things about doing that is you get a feel for a lot of the things which are issues throughout the competition.

“It's clear officiating is one of them

In one of a number of controversial refereeing incidents which took place last season, Connacht boss Pat Lam launched an extraordinary attack on Welsh official Leighton Hodges after the Irish side were beaten by Cardiff Blues in March.

Hodges stepped in to advise referee Lloyd Linton to award the Blues a late penalty in the clash in the Welsh capital, the call prolonging the match and allowing the Blues to steal victory in the 88th minute.

It left Lam, who was fined €8,000, to bemoan a decision which he thought was completely wrong, the Samoan boss arguing officials must be held to account with the livelihoods of rugby's players and coaches on the line.

Lam's outburst wasn't the only such incident last season

After Leinster were beaten by the Scarlets in March, then Leinster coach Matt O'Connor came out strongly against the non-use of neutral referees in the Pro12.

O'Connor, who has since been ditched by the Irish giants, argued at the time that he believed the credibility of the tournament was at stake without impartial officials.

Leinster's 23-13 defeat in Llanelli that day saw O'Connor incensed at Welsh assistants Gwyn Morris and Chris Williams for failing to award what he saw as a try for wing Zane Kirchner.

“I think it was a Welsh TMO – I don’t know,” O'Connor said after the game, as he urged the importance of neutral officials.

“It has to be looked at how they're put together across the board because with meritocracy (European qualification), everything is important.”

While these issues are nothing new, the league is yet to see the implementation of neutral officials.

Tonight's derby between the Scarlets and Newport Gwent Dragons will be officiated by an all Welsh party with the Welsh Rugby Union providing referee Ben Whitehouse, assistants Neil Hennessy and Dan Jones as well as citing commissioner Gwyn Bowden and TMO Derek Bevan.

A look at the other Pro12 games taking place this weekend sees a combination of Irish and Italian officials take charge of Leinster's trip to Treviso and Scottish assistants Lloyd Linton and Mike Adamson on the line for Glasgow's home game with the Ospreys.

“What we are addressing at the moment is the appointments of the assistant referees rather than the main official,” added Anayi, who revealed earlier this week the Pro12 are exploring the possibility of playing games in America.

“The Unions provide the officials and that's important to make sure as we the Pro12 are not paying for the referees.”

Former England referee Ed Morrison, who took charge of 41 Test matches, is the man currently looking into whether the implementation of completely neutral officials is possible in the Pro12.

Morrison, who works closely with the refereeing managers from the division's four countries, is hoping to help the league achieve a new level of refereeing consistency though it remains to be seen whether that can be achieved.

One issue hindering the implementation of neutral referees or assistants is the lack of quality Scottish and Italian officials to choose from.

“We have employed Ed Morrison to review the whole pool of officials and he will report back to me on that in the near future,” Anayi confirmed.

WalesOnline

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

PrO'12 Launch Officiating Review - Page 13 Empty Re: PrO'12 Launch Officiating Review

Post by LordDowlais Fri 06 Nov 2015, 11:11 am

marty2086 wrote:As for Sundays in Ulster you may want to read this
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26315890

That is really sad and says more about Northern Ireland as a country than anything else. In these modern times where people are more tolerant there really should be no place in sport for things like this. Anyway, Uslter have a get out clause in this don't they ? Ulster is not just privvy to Northern Ireland, isn't part of Ulster in the Rep of Ireland as well ? Couldn't they just move a Sunday game out of Belfast and into the Rep of Ireland part of Ulster ? Assuming there is somewhere for them to play that is.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

PrO'12 Launch Officiating Review - Page 13 Empty Re: PrO'12 Launch Officiating Review

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 06 Nov 2015, 11:11 am

But the argument he's also stated is that the league isn't viable until the tv money matches that of the Prem and France. If you start to add more and more stipulations when seeking a new tv deal the price offered is not going to rise as the tv company will have less of what they want ie control of what is broadcast and when.

So no, neither of these things is pie in the sky (bar the fact the price he'd want is never going to happen for a long long time) but together it becomes much less realistic.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Fri 06 Nov 2015, 11:11 am

LordDowlais wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:Just checked on the Irish fixtures for Last Year and the first half of this:

Munster - Friday 6, Saturday 9, Sunday 1
Leinster - Friday 9, Saturday 6, Sunday 1
Ulster - Friday 12, Saturday 4, Sunday 0

So the preponderance of Friday games for Ulster is not reflected elsewhere.
Sunday games here would be compromised by the fact they would generated political protests outside the ground
As for Munster and Leinster as already mentioned GAA games tend to be shown then and as such to switch to Sunday would risk losing TV revenue. That is why we have few Sunday games

So what we are saying, in Ireland the games get showed at times they do not clash with GAA ? If so that would explain why the Irish broadcasters pay so little for them, as they see GAA as their main product. Also, why should politics decide when and where games can be played ?

A genuine question, but why would there be political protests outside the Kingspan stadium if Ulster played on a Sunday ?

They get shown at a different time to GAA to ensure the TV companies can maximize their sporting coverage I don't see why they has any direct bearing on revenue.
What definitely doesn't make sense is to have more games on a Sunday and reduce that revenue to zero.

Politics does come into play in N.Ireland - you might have noticed we had a bit of bother recently !
If we played on a Sunday the Presbyterian/DUP tub thumpers would be out in force telling us we were all 'going to hell for sinning on the Lords day'

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 06 Nov 2015, 11:14 am

LordDowlais wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:So the league can only be viable if it's one broadcaster with kick off times decided by the league, a equal mix of teams kicking off at the various kick off times and for a lot more money. Realistic or not?

Look, I am keeping out of this fixture debate as it has nothing to do with the title. But all chunky is asking for is a bit of fair play with the fixtures, why are you always trying to go against the grain and ALWAYS argue the point on everything discussed ?

We all have differing opinions on here and I can appreciate that, but for what ever reason, you will find a way to argue the point about the slightest thing. You keep poking the beast. Can you understand that chunky is asking for a bit of rational fair play when teams can play ?

The problem is that Chunkys making assumptions, such as the teams have not agreed to the tv schedules and/or that they have a problem with the schedule so alleging unfair play is merely his opinion and given that Ospreys made the play offs last season, Scarlets are re emerging as a force in the league, Dragons beat Ulster and Leinster at home at the end of last season it doesn't seem to be hurting them as much as he makes out

It might not be hurting the teams, but the fans get a friggin raw deal. Trust me I go to a lot of Sunday games, and I like a pint as well, so that means I need a designated driver, that is usually the misses, until my oldest daughter passes her test, the thing is the public transport in Wales on a Sunday is non existent. My wife and daughters will usually go for a Costa coffee and a look around the shops when I am at the game.

It looks as though to me chunky wants parity across the board when it come to Pro12 fixtures, and that is not much to ask is it ?

Parity does not always equal fairness though, giving everyone the same does not mean that it benefits everyone and could in fact hurt the regions.

Ulster playing on a Friday at 7.30 limits a lot of fans from around the province who would like to get to more games but can't because they have to get out of work, maybe even get home first through rush hour traffic, then make their way through Belfast traffic and the increased traffic for the game. I'd like to get to more games but this is a problem I face at times.

The fans will always get a raw deal when it comes to tv deals, like at the Premier League, its all about the revenue and attendances come second to tv unless its going to completely empty the place.

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 06 Nov 2015, 11:16 am

The Lord now has a designated day????

Well congrats on that, Lord ; thumbsup Beat Chunky to it too. Impressive

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 06 Nov 2015, 11:17 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:But the argument he's also stated is that the league isn't viable until the tv money matches that of the Prem and France.

I didn't say that at all.

I said the tv deal is one way of judging success, as it's the main measure of income. The league isn't viable for a whole host of reasons, most of which have been admitted on this thread in the last 24 hours.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 06 Nov 2015, 11:17 am

marty2086 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:So the league can only be viable if it's one broadcaster with kick off times decided by the league, a equal mix of teams kicking off at the various kick off times and for a lot more money. Realistic or not?

Look, I am keeping out of this fixture debate as it has nothing to do with the title. But all chunky is asking for is a bit of fair play with the fixtures, why are you always trying to go against the grain and ALWAYS argue the point on everything discussed ?

We all have differing opinions on here and I can appreciate that, but for what ever reason, you will find a way to argue the point about the slightest thing. You keep poking the beast. Can you understand that chunky is asking for a bit of rational fair play when teams can play ?

The problem is that Chunkys making assumptions, such as the teams have not agreed to the tv schedules and/or that they have a problem with the schedule so alleging unfair play is merely his opinion and given that Ospreys made the play offs last season, Scarlets are re emerging as a force in the league, Dragons beat Ulster and Leinster at home at the end of last season it doesn't seem to be hurting them as much as he makes out

It might not be hurting the teams, but the fans get a friggin raw deal. Trust me I go to a lot of Sunday games, and I like a pint as well, so that means I need a designated driver, that is usually the misses, until my oldest daughter passes her test, the thing is the public transport in Wales on a Sunday is non existent. My wife and daughters will usually go for a Costa coffee and a look around the shops when I am at the game.

It looks as though to me chunky wants parity across the board when it come to Pro12 fixtures, and that is not much to ask is it ?

Parity does not always equal fairness though, giving everyone the same does not mean that it benefits everyone and could in fact hurt the regions.

Ulster playing on a Friday at 7.30 limits a lot of fans from around the province who would like to get to more games but can't because they have to get out of work, maybe even get home first through rush hour traffic, then make their way through Belfast traffic and the increased traffic for the game. I'd like to get to more games but this is a problem I face at times.

The fans will always get a raw deal when it comes to tv deals, like at the Premier League, its all about the revenue and attendances come second to tv unless its going to completely empty the place.

So what you are saying is, there will just as many disgruntled and peed off fans in Ulster as there is everywhere else about the disparity of the fixtures ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 06 Nov 2015, 11:18 am

geoff999rugby wrote:
If we played on a Sunday the Presbyterian/DUP tub thumpers would be out in force telling us we were all 'going to hell for sinning on the Lords day'

What kind of archaic de-civilized midnset is that? It's a rugby match for crying out loud.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Fri 06 Nov 2015, 11:18 am

LordDowlais wrote:
marty2086 wrote:As for Sundays in Ulster you may want to read this
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26315890

That is really sad and says more about Northern Ireland as a country than anything else. In these modern times where people are more tolerant there really should be no place in sport for things like this. Anyway, Uslter have a get out clause in this don't they ? Ulster is not just privvy to Northern Ireland, isn't part of Ulster in the Rep of Ireland as well ? Couldn't they just move a Sunday game out of Belfast and into the Rep of Ireland part of Ulster ? Assuming there is somewhere for them to play that is.

There isn't - well maybe Clones and transport is terrible.
Bit like Scarlets taking a game to Aberystwyth.

Crowd would be very low.

I totally understand the desire for parity but the solution is not to reduce revenue and general interest in somewhere where there is a workable solution.
The answer is to resolve the problem in the areas where it currently doesn't work.

Dragging someone down to achieve parity is madness and driven by envy
Pulling someone up is the way to improve the product - I repeat Welsh clubs have an issue with Welsh TV providers and those parties talking is the way to resolve it - no one can.

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 06 Nov 2015, 11:19 am

geoff999rugby wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:Just checked on the Irish fixtures for Last Year and the first half of this:

Munster - Friday 6, Saturday 9, Sunday 1
Leinster - Friday 9, Saturday 6, Sunday 1
Ulster - Friday 12, Saturday 4, Sunday 0

So the preponderance of Friday games for Ulster is not reflected elsewhere.
Sunday games here would be compromised by the fact they would generated political protests outside the ground
As for Munster and Leinster as already mentioned GAA games tend to be shown then and as such to switch to Sunday would risk losing TV revenue. That is why we have few Sunday games

So what we are saying, in Ireland the games get showed at times they do not clash with GAA ? If so that would explain why the Irish broadcasters pay so little for them, as they see GAA as their main product. Also, why should politics decide when and where games can be played ?

A genuine question, but why would there be political protests outside the Kingspan stadium if Ulster played on a Sunday ?

They get shown at a different time to GAA to ensure the TV companies can maximize their sporting coverage I don't see why they has any direct bearing on revenue.
What definitely doesn't make sense is to have more games on a Sunday and reduce that revenue to zero.

Politics does come into play in N.Ireland - you might have noticed we had a bit of bother recently !

Don't forget there are also a large number of churches in the vicinity of Ravenhill, with Sunday Services plus a game on this could cause traffic chaos and the area is bad enough when a game is on. The chances are the PSNI may have told the club/Pro12 that its not going to happen

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 06 Nov 2015, 11:20 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:But the argument he's also stated is that the league isn't viable until the tv money matches that of the Prem and France.

I didn't say that at all.

I said the tv deal is one way of judging success, as it's the main measure of income. The league isn't viable for a whole host of reasons, most of which have been admitted on this thread in the last 24 hours.

And so as the tv deal and kick offs are closely related you would then presumably conclude that the league will never be viable? Yet the Prem is even though the tv deal there also dictates fixtures.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 06 Nov 2015, 11:20 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:

What kind of archaic de-civilized midnset is that? It's a rugby match for crying out loud.

You should come visit Stormont some day, its a walking talking parody of itself

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 06 Nov 2015, 11:21 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:

It's the Devils work! That's what it is, and followed by the Devil's spawn!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Fri 06 Nov 2015, 11:21 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:

Totally agree - sadly we have more than our fair share of blinkered idiots here - most of them have position of power as MLA or in various societies defending their archaic traditions.
In my experience usually combined with an unbelievable ignorance of the actual historical events

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 06 Nov 2015, 11:27 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:

And so as the tv deal and kick offs are closely related you would then presumably conclude that the league will never be viable? Yet the Prem is even though the tv deal there also dictates fixtures.

Of course the tv deal dictates fixtures. Have a think about how mayn live games are shown on a weekend in the Aviva Prem versus how many are shown in the PrO'12.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 06 Nov 2015, 11:29 am

geoff999rugby wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:

Totally agree - sadly we have more than our fair share of blinkered idiots here - most of them have position of power as MLA or in various societies defending their archaic traditions.
In my experience usually combined with an unbelievable ignorance of the actual historical events

And these idiots are indirectly affecting fixture scheduling of rugby matches in other countries. Unworkable league.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 06 Nov 2015, 11:30 am

So I assume you think the Pro 12 will never be viable then unless the price rises so far it makes the fixture times a non issue?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Fri 06 Nov 2015, 11:31 am

No they are not - they are only affecting schedules in Ulster

How do you come to the conclusion that the DUP/Orange Hall affect Welsh fixtures

Total tosh steam

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 06 Nov 2015, 11:32 am

We're nearly at the point Chunky wanted all along. When is he going to say it?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 06 Nov 2015, 11:36 am

geoff999rugby wrote:No they are not - they are only affecting schedules in Ulster

How do you come to the conclusion that the DUP/Orange Hall affect Welsh fixtures

Total tosh steam

because he wants rid of the league so anything and everything makes it unworkable and unviable because he says its so and is the all knowing Chunky who knows what is best for everyone

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 06 Nov 2015, 12:00 pm

What's best for Chunky is valium - lots of it and yoga.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Nov 2015, 12:03 pm

So much waffle about playing on a Sunday. It's nonsense. Ulster play Sundays away because of the demands of other broadcasters. Ulster play Fridays because of the demand of BBCNI. Ulster not playing home games on a Sunday has no impact on other teams at all. Ulster playing Friday games has no impact on other teams home fixtures, and is no different to Ulster having to travel to Friday games elsewhere.

The reason that there is so many Sunday games is mainly down to the Regions broadcaster. If there is any issue with a Sunday, it is because of the Regions broadcaster. Wanting Ulster to play home games on a Sunday solves nothing, and adds nothing to the league.

In short: Sort out your own fixtures with your own broadcasters, and stop blaming everyone else for what you perceive as failings. If this is a failing, it's not a Pro12 failing. It's a Regions failing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Nov 2015, 12:17 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:

And these idiots are indirectly affecting fixture scheduling of rugby matches in other countries. Unworkable league.

The voice of reason Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri 06 Nov 2015, 12:33 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rwk0AzB3uX0 - Sorry .... Run
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Nov 2015, 12:40 pm

PenfroPete wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rwk0AzB3uX0 - Sorry   .... Run

Funny and true Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 06 Nov 2015, 12:46 pm

laughing
Enfield was always better than his mate Whitehouse.

Hmmmm............. plenty to think about there though. Willie Ulshturmon sounds very like a few familiars in here.... none of dom Irish neither, to behokey! Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 06 Nov 2015, 2:00 pm

Laugh

Good god that takes me back.

The only question is, which one is munchkin and which one is Marty ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Nov 2015, 2:20 pm

Try looking in the mirror Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Fri 06 Nov 2015, 2:22 pm

If chunky dosent want the pro12 what does he want in its place?

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Nov 2015, 2:29 pm

A B&I that nobody else wants.

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 06 Nov 2015, 2:34 pm

carpet baboon wrote:If chunky dosent want the pro12 what does he want in its place?

The super duper Anglo Welsh league that will be soooo much better than anything rugby has even seen with a £1bn tv deal, the best refs and No dogs, no Sunday games and NO IRISH!

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 06 Nov 2015, 3:34 pm

Munchkin wrote:A B&I that nobody else wants.

These are just the IRISH examples:

Donal Lenihan wrote:The only way the Irish, Welsh and Scottish clubs can close the gap on that front is to replace the Aviva Premiership and Guinness Pro12 with a British and Irish league.
http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/donal-lenihan/champions-cup-a-qualified-success-309315.html

Brednan Fanning wrote:The lifeline for us of course is the prospect of more Six Nations TV cash, plus yet another change of competition, which is inevitable: the replacing of the Pro12 with a two-conference British and Irish League
http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/six-nations/great-care-will-be-needed-to-save-europes-cash-cow-30953726.html

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Nov 2015, 3:40 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Munchkin wrote:A B&I that nobody else wants.

These are just the IRISH examples:

Donal Lenihan wrote:The only way the Irish, Welsh and Scottish clubs can close the gap on that front is to replace the Aviva Premiership and Guinness Pro12 with a British and Irish league.
http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/donal-lenihan/champions-cup-a-qualified-success-309315.html

Brednan Fanning wrote:The lifeline for us of course is the prospect of more Six Nations TV cash, plus yet another change of competition, which is inevitable: the replacing of the Pro12 with a two-conference British and Irish League
http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/six-nations/great-care-will-be-needed-to-save-europes-cash-cow-30953726.html

Who cares what they think. Journo's opinions are a dime a dozen. It would never happen. The AP clubs wouldn't want it, and neither do the Provinces or the fans. It simply wouldn't make any sense. Keep dreaming though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 06 Nov 2015, 3:43 pm

Munchkin wrote:

Who cares what they think. Journo's opinions are a dime a dozen. It would never happen. The AP clubs wouldn't want it, and neither do the Provinces or the fans. It simply wouldn't make any sense. Keep dreaming though.

Were you wrong again then?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Munchkin wrote: A B&I that nobody else wants.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Nov 2015, 3:53 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

Were you wrong again then?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Munchkin wrote: A B&I that nobody else wants.

I will clarify. Nobody that matters. In the grand scheme of things Irish Journo's opinions don't matter. The reality is that it isn't going to happen. There's too much money in the AP, and not enough trust in those who run it.

We've been through all this nonsense before, as we have most of your arguments. There's all sorts of reasons it's not going to happen. Live with it.

P.s Again? Post anything I have been wrong about, Canada.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 06 Nov 2015, 3:56 pm

Munchkin wrote:
I will clarify. Nobody that matters.

In time honoured fashion : How do you know> Have you got evdience?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Nov 2015, 4:00 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
I will clarify. Nobody that matters.

In time honoured fashion : How do you know> Have you got evdience?

Evidence of nothing? It's you that would need to bring evidence of something. The only thing we have, as far as I know, is that somebody from the Provinces talked to somebody at AP. Somebody said something to somebody doesn't really count.

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 06 Nov 2015, 4:12 pm

So all the things bar the Italians remain which makes the Pro 12 unviable. And we return to the same question why would the English want increased competition for less money.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 06 Nov 2015, 4:23 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:So all the things bar the Italians remain which makes the Pro 12 unviable. And we return to the same question why would the English want increased competition for less money.

Because Chunky is clueless as to what he is talking about and is incapable of processing one more than one piece of information at once, its why he bounces from refs, to tv deals, to IRFU selection policies and can never string a coherent fully fledged argument together on the whole picture.

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 06 Nov 2015, 6:08 pm

marty2086 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:So all the things bar the Italians remain which makes the Pro 12 unviable. And we return to the same question why would the English want increased competition for less money.

Because Chunky is clueless as to what he is talking about and is incapable of processing one more than one piece of information at once, its why he bounces from refs, to tv deals, to IRFU selection policies and can never string a coherent fully fledged argument together on the whole picture.

Re-read this thread. It's the pack that keep changing the focus of the argument every time it looks like someone may be arguing a point that can't be dealt with. It's very hard to keep to one point in the face of numerous posters trying to move the topic elsewhere.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 06 Nov 2015, 6:12 pm

I've tried to follow this a few times and got lost, though when I asked questions I'm happy to say I got a straightforward answer. And now, time to move the topic again. Here goes: Marshal Kilgore.

Run

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 06 Nov 2015, 6:14 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Re-read this thread.  It's the pack that keep changing the focus of the argument every time it looks like someone may be arguing a point that can't be dealt with.  It's very hard to keep to one point in the face of numerous posters trying to move the topic elsewhere.

Its LD and Chunky mainly.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Fri 06 Nov 2015, 6:15 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

That would mean that certain Irish teams would have to give up their designated slot. And we can't have that can we?

Why is it you believe that Ulster playing in a regular time slot means the Welsh regions can't also play in a regular time slot, potentially the same time as Ulster play if that suited them?
The fact there is a match at Kingspan on Friday night does not stop there been a match at Parc Y Scarlets at the same time, there have already been games this season where Ulster and Scarlets have both played at the same time, others where the game is on the same night but with a slightly different kick off time.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Nov 2015, 6:25 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:I've tried to follow this a few times and got lost, though when I asked questions I'm happy to say I got a straightforward answer. And now, time to move the topic again. Here goes: Marshal Kilgore.

Run

Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Nov 2015, 6:29 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Re-read this thread.  It's the pack that keep changing the focus of the argument every time it looks like someone may be arguing a point that can't be dealt with.  It's very hard to keep to one point in the face of numerous posters trying to move the topic elsewhere.

If by 'pack' you are referring to Chunky and LD, then you are correct.. Neither can keep to the topic, and the reason they can't keep to the topic is that once their argument is shot down they switch.

Last edited by Munchkin on Fri 06 Nov 2015, 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri 06 Nov 2015, 6:54 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Its LD and Chunky mainly.

Scarlets probably has the strangest "impartial" view of things I have ever witnessed.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 06 Nov 2015, 6:56 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:

Why is it you believe that Ulster playing in a regular time slot means the Welsh regions can't also play in a regular time slot, potentially the same time as Ulster play if that suited them?

Because it's not in the tv deal.

Quite flummoxed that you needed to ask that.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Nov 2015, 6:58 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
2ndtimeround wrote:

It's not in the tv deal? What are you talking about?

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 06 Nov 2015, 6:59 pm

Munchkin wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
2ndtimeround wrote:

It's not in the tv deal that certain Welsh teams always play at the same time every week. Unless you know something i don't.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Nov 2015, 7:01 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
2ndtimeround wrote:

It's not in the tv deal that certain Welsh teams always play at the same time every week. Unless you know something i don't.

How is that relevant to the question you were asked by 2nd?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next