The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mob mentality on here....

+6
yappysnap
Poorfour
TJ
Tattie Scones RRN
Pete330v2
LordDowlais
10 posters

Go down

Mob mentality on here.... Empty Mob mentality on here....

Post by LordDowlais Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:24 am

OK people, I know we all have our differences on here, we all have our own opinions, but I am getting a little uneasy with this mob mentality on this site, we have lost another long standing member as he feels he is getting cornered, bullied, set upon. How long do we have to go before there is no place to discuss rugby because the few are being set upon by the many ?

Look, I am not pretending to be an angel, but I am seeing it happen more and more. Petty insults, accusations, people trying to make others look inadequate. I fear for the future of this forum, especially when I see mob rule on here.

LordDowlais

Posts : 15419
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Mob mentality on here.... Empty Re: Mob mentality on here....

Post by Guest Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:29 am

This is just another troll thread trying to wind up the Irish posters.

Trolls troll, and then play victim. Boohoo.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Mob mentality on here.... Empty Re: Mob mentality on here....

Post by LordDowlais Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:32 am

Point proven.

picard

LordDowlais

Posts : 15419
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Mob mentality on here.... Empty Re: Mob mentality on here....

Post by Guest Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:43 am

Sure Rolling Eyes

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Mob mentality on here.... Empty Re: Mob mentality on here....

Post by Pete330v2 Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:44 am

Some people do tend to take things a little too personally and seriously and then they do the attention seeking strop and leave the forum. It happens, goodbye to them, if they find offence so easily they should probably stay away from the internet.

What annoys me are discussions being hijacked by trolls and WUMs who have no interest in the discussion other than ruining it. I don't take offence and strop off however.

Who was it that stropped then?

Pete330v2

Posts : 4193
Join date : 2012-05-04

Back to top Go down

Mob mentality on here.... Empty Re: Mob mentality on here....

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:45 am

Munchkin wrote:This is just another troll thread trying to wind up the Irish posters.

Trolls troll, and then play victim. Boohoo.

Not just Irish posters though.....

Tattie Scones RRN

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2011-05-24
Age : 46
Location : Scottish Rugby Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Mob mentality on here.... Empty Re: Mob mentality on here....

Post by LordDowlais Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:45 am

Pete330v2 wrote:Who was it that stropped then?

Beshocked

LordDowlais

Posts : 15419
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Mob mentality on here.... Empty Re: Mob mentality on here....

Post by Guest Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:52 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:Who was it that stropped then?

Beshocked

And who was the mob?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Mob mentality on here.... Empty Re: Mob mentality on here....

Post by TJ Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:55 am

Guys - I disagree a fair amount with LD but he is not a troll - just a passionate fan with his own viewpoint. So guys - lay off LD - as he pointed out on another thread we are all a bit one eyed

LD - I guess you are thinking of chunky. To me he gets what he deserves.

TJ

Posts : 8207
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Mob mentality on here.... Empty Re: Mob mentality on here....

Post by Guest Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:58 am

TJ wrote:Guys - I disagree a fair amount with LD but he is not a troll - just a passionate fan with his own viewpoint.  So guys - lay off LD - as he pointed out on another thread we are all a bit one eyed

LD - I guess you are thinking of chunky.  To me he gets what he deserves.

His behaviour is certainly trolling, and he was talking about beshocked Shocked

Just look at the Pro12 ref thread and read his reply to you. Any mention of 'Irish' in that reply?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Mob mentality on here.... Empty Re: Mob mentality on here....

Post by LordDowlais Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:58 am

TJ wrote:Guys - I disagree a fair amount with LD but he is not a troll - just a passionate fan with his own viewpoint.  So guys - lay off LD - as he pointed out on another thread we are all a bit one eyed

LD - I guess you are thinking of chunky.  To me he gets what he deserves.

No beshocked has left the forum because he was taking a lot of abuse of everyone over Saracens and the salary cap. He was one of the founder members on this forum, it's just sad to see original mambers on here feeling they need to leave because of things like this.

LordDowlais

Posts : 15419
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Mob mentality on here.... Empty Re: Mob mentality on here....

Post by LordDowlais Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:00 pm

Munchkin wrote:His behaviour is certainly trolling

Munchkin, this is getting boring now. Please stop.

LordDowlais

Posts : 15419
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Mob mentality on here.... Empty Re: Mob mentality on here....

Post by TJ Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:00 pm

Munchkin - trolling is deliberately stirring up trouble to get attention.  LD does not do this. He is just passionate and argumentative


Last edited by TJ on Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

TJ

Posts : 8207
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Mob mentality on here.... Empty Re: Mob mentality on here....

Post by Guest Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:01 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
TJ wrote:Guys - I disagree a fair amount with LD but he is not a troll - just a passionate fan with his own viewpoint.  So guys - lay off LD - as he pointed out on another thread we are all a bit one eyed

LD - I guess you are thinking of chunky.  To me he gets what he deserves.

No beshocked has left the forum because he was taking a lot of abuse of everyone over Saracens and the salary cap. He was one of the founder members on this forum, it's just sad to see original mambers on here feeling they need to leave because of things like this.

Freudian slip? Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Mob mentality on here.... Empty Re: Mob mentality on here....

Post by Guest Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:01 pm

TJ wrote:Munchkin - trolling is deliberately stirring up trouble to get attention.  LD does not do this.

I completely disagree. He does, and often.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Mob mentality on here.... Empty Re: Mob mentality on here....

Post by LordDowlais Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:02 pm

Munchkin wrote:
TJ wrote:Munchkin - trolling is deliberately stirring up trouble to get attention.  LD does not do this.

I completely disagree. He does, and often.

Proof ?

LordDowlais

Posts : 15419
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Mob mentality on here.... Empty Re: Mob mentality on here....

Post by Guest Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:07 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
TJ wrote:Munchkin - trolling is deliberately stirring up trouble to get attention.  LD does not do this.

I completely disagree. He does, and often.

Proof ?

It's all over these boards, LD. When is the last time you have mentioned 'the Irish', to show 'the Irish', in a bad light? hmmm....let me think......oh, that would be today.

Who is the 'the holier than thou' posters on here, according to you? That would be the Irish. And on, and on , and ....

Talking about, beshocked; who attempted several times to drag his arguments with the Irish on to the AP cap thread? Who dished out the abuse to the Irish on that thread? It was you.


Last edited by Munchkin on Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Mob mentality on here.... Empty Re: Mob mentality on here....

Post by LondonTiger Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:09 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
TJ wrote:Guys - I disagree a fair amount with LD but he is not a troll - just a passionate fan with his own viewpoint.  So guys - lay off LD - as he pointed out on another thread we are all a bit one eyed

LD - I guess you are thinking of chunky.  To me he gets what he deserves.

No beshocked has left the forum because he was taking a lot of abuse of everyone over Saracens and the salary cap. He was one of the founder members on this forum, it's just sad to see original mambers on here feeling they need to leave because of things like this.

He was not getting abuse over Saracens or the salary cap.

I do not believe he was getting abuse over anything.

There were a lot of replies over his stance re the salary cap and his own name calling of other people. The majority avoided name calling in return, but in a heated discussion he (in my opinion) stepped over the boundary of reasonable behaviour more than once. Perhaps I did too - when I suggested he was playing devil's advocate as I did not believe he was either as stupid or selfish as his posts indicated.

But in that thread only one person was calling others hypocrits and trolls.

LondonTiger
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 23485
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Mob mentality on here.... Empty Re: Mob mentality on here....

Post by TJ Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:20 pm

Munchkin wrote:
TJ wrote:Munchkin - trolling is deliberately stirring up trouble to get attention.  LD does not do this.

I completely disagree. He does, and often.

You are simply wrong - he makes his points often wrong or deluded ( sorry LD) loudly and frequently - but he is not a troll. Heh makes his points because he passionately believes in them not because he thrives on the attention and trouble he stirs up which is the definition of a troll

TJ

Posts : 8207
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Mob mentality on here.... Empty Re: Mob mentality on here....

Post by SecretFly Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:24 pm

All I heard was beshocked as usual getting argumentative counterpoints put back on his lap as he contantly tried to end the debate completely by saying debate itself was counter-productive, speculative and possibly very damaging to Club Rugby in his country.

He simply couldn't live with the heat of the many people who could never agree to such logic.

606?  If no facts are available then no discussion should occur?

Let's close the place down then...and every other social discussion forum on the planet whilst we're at it.  It's absurd.

beshocked left because the stress of trying to cling to that argument of his caused a meltdown..... NOT because he was being abused or bullied or ganged up on.

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Mob mentality on here.... Empty Re: Mob mentality on here....

Post by Poorfour Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:25 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
TJ wrote:Guys - I disagree a fair amount with LD but he is not a troll - just a passionate fan with his own viewpoint.  So guys - lay off LD - as he pointed out on another thread we are all a bit one eyed

LD - I guess you are thinking of chunky.  To me he gets what he deserves.

No beshocked has left the forum because he was taking a lot of abuse of everyone over Saracens and the salary cap. He was one of the founder members on this forum, it's just sad to see original mambers on here feeling they need to leave because of things like this.

To be fair, LD, beshocked wasn't exactly behaving in a constructive manner. He disrupted a fair number of RWC threads with repeated insistence that particular players should be picked / start, and then went on to repeatedly making the same point at great length in response to whatever anyone posted on the salary cap issue. I understand he was upset about it, but it was making threads unreadable.

If he'd actually been prepared to engage in the debate rather than repeatedly stonewall, the majority of the posters were trying to make well-reasoned points rather than just throw abuse, at least at first.

Beyond that, there seem to be two specific areas that bring out the worst in posters: any international thread that involves Welsh and English fans (and - while being aware that I am biased - it usually seems to be one of a small number of Welsh fans that kicks off), and to a lesser extent any thread about European rugby that involves English and Irish posters, and by extension any opportunity that certain posters get to snipe at the PRL (though we will see in a week or two whether it's calmed down now the competition is well-established).

Not sure how you stop this from happening. It seems to be an inevitable feature of messageboards that the same old negative opinions get repeatedly trotted out by some fans and that other fans leave in disgust or boredom. v2 has weathered this better than most, but maybe it needs a bit more policing effort. Perhaps the mods could consider the equivalent of an ASBO for known offenders: an up front warning that if they start to troll they'll get sent to the cooler without more ado.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Posts : 5336
Join date : 2011-10-01

Back to top Go down

Mob mentality on here.... Empty Re: Mob mentality on here....

Post by Guest Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:27 pm

TJ wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
TJ wrote:Munchkin - trolling is deliberately stirring up trouble to get attention.  LD does not do this.

I completely disagree. He does, and often.

You are simply wrong - he makes his points often wrong or deluded ( sorry LD) loudly and frequently - but he is not a troll.  Heh makes his points because he passionately believes in them not because he thrives on the attention and trouble he stirs up which is the definition of a troll

Sure, try reading his comments specifically directed at Irish posters. Check through a few days of them. It's not difficult to find evidence for my thoughts on his behaviour. He is obsessed.

I'm not getting into a fight about this with you, TJ. I know what I know, and I'm leaving it there.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Mob mentality on here.... Empty Re: Mob mentality on here....

Post by yappysnap Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:28 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
TJ wrote:Guys - I disagree a fair amount with LD but he is not a troll - just a passionate fan with his own viewpoint.  So guys - lay off LD - as he pointed out on another thread we are all a bit one eyed

LD - I guess you are thinking of chunky.  To me he gets what he deserves.

No beshocked has left the forum because he was taking a lot of abuse of everyone over Saracens and the salary cap. He was one of the founder members on this forum, it's just sad to see original mambers on here feeling they need to leave because of things like this.

He was not getting abuse over Saracens or the salary cap.

I do not believe he was getting abuse over anything.

There were a lot of replies over his stance re the salary cap and his own name calling of other people. The majority avoided name calling in return, but in a heated discussion he (in my opinion) stepped over the boundary of reasonable behaviour more than once. Perhaps I did too - when I suggested he was playing devil's advocate as I did not believe he was either as stupid or selfish as his posts indicated.

But in that thread only one person was calling others hypocrits and trolls.

Beshocked is a passionate fan who unfortunately supports a horrific club. This lead to him defending them no matter what and even when wrong he'd never back down.

It seems that when he did finally realise he was wrong he left the forum, I would suggest less because of actions on here and more because of falling out of love with the game and his club (as he's alluded to before).

I hope he returns, he's a good poster and passionate.

But there was no abuse, no mob rule or any other OTT daily mail histrionics as LD suggests.

yappysnap

Posts : 11928
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 35
Location : Christchurch, NZ

Back to top Go down

Mob mentality on here.... Empty Re: Mob mentality on here....

Post by HammerofThunor Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:29 pm

Also, some people get dressed up as trolls and hide under bridges. Some are born under there. The first are worse because they choose to be that way. The second are still trolls.  Not that that is directed at anyone in particular.


Last edited by HammerofThunor on Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

HammerofThunor

Posts : 10471
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Hull, England - Originally Potteries

Back to top Go down

Mob mentality on here.... Empty Re: Mob mentality on here....

Post by SecretFly Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:29 pm

Poorfour................ the English/Irish European stuff is dwarfed a hundred times by the Welsh/Irish Pro12 one... Wink

So the two big ones for me would be:

International - Wales/England
Club game - Wales/Ireland

........................hmmmm..... is there a common denominator there???? I'm not sure, I don't have my specs on.

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Mob mentality on here.... Empty Re: Mob mentality on here....

Post by LondonTiger Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:30 pm

Whose that clip clopping over my bridge?

LondonTiger
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 23485
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Mob mentality on here.... Empty Re: Mob mentality on here....

Post by SecretFly Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:36 pm

Under a bridge can be a nice place to be actually

.... cosy safe away from tornados, drinking water available at all times, not having to say hello each day to the purist bastards who walk across the bridge with smug smiles of stern nobility animating their stone cold sober faces. Not a wum/troll bone in their body, and scant a smile ever crossing their lips to prove it Wink

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Mob mentality on here.... Empty Re: Mob mentality on here....

Post by RDW Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:40 pm

I'm sure you're all not surprised to hear I've locked this thread - any specific issues please contact one of the mods or me!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 32203
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Sydney

Back to top Go down

Mob mentality on here.... Empty Re: Mob mentality on here....

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum