The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ref Chris Leatherbarrow passes away aged 26

3 posters

Go down

Ref Chris Leatherbarrow passes away aged 26 Empty Ref Chris Leatherbarrow passes away aged 26

Post by Fernando Mon 02 Nov 2015, 11:56 am

The Rugby Football League has announced the death of Super League referee Chris Leatherbarrow at the age of only 26.

The St Helens born referee had progressed through the amateur and semi-professional ranks to become a Super League official and a regular, well known fixture in the British game.

In a short statement, RFL chief executive Nigel Wood said: 'We are all truly shocked and saddened by the news of Chris Leatherbarrow's untimely death.

'This is a dreadful tragedy and our thoughts and prayers are with Chris' family, friends and colleagues at this terrible time.'

Circumstances surrounding his death are unconfirmed so far, with tributes pouring through from players, clubs and colleagues on social media.

Fellow referee Richard Silverwood led the tributes on Twitter, saying: 'Truly gutted. I'll never forget the week we had on our pre-season camp to Lanzarote. Gone too soon. RIP Chris x.'

Leatherbarrow was also hailed by another referee, Robert Hicks, who wrote: 'Gone too early my friend. Thinking of friends, family and especially your princess Daisy. RIP Chris Leatherbarrow your fun and smile will be missed.

Former England international Lee Smith tweeted: 'Very sad news this morning that RL ref Chris Leatherbarrow has sadly passed away. Thoughts go out to his family and friends. RIP Chris.'

Championship teams Whitehaven, Leigh, Keighley and Rochdale are among the clubs to post their condolences on Monday morning.

rose rose

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Ref Chris Leatherbarrow passes away aged 26 Empty Re: Ref Chris Leatherbarrow passes away aged 26

Post by The Beast Thu 05 Nov 2015, 6:17 pm

Dreadful, sad news. Thoughts with his family and friends through this terrible time.

R.I.P.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Ref Chris Leatherbarrow passes away aged 26 Empty Re: Ref Chris Leatherbarrow passes away aged 26

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 15 Dec 2015, 1:43 am

Tragic news.
RIP Chris.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down