The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gatland announces his return to New Zealand

+21
Gwlad
johnrgby
yappysnap
aucklandlaurie
SecretFly
eirebilly
doctor_grey
rainbow-warrior
Cardiff Dave
Cyril
maestegmafia
bedfordwelsh
majesticimperialman
Notch
Luckless Pedestrian
Dontheman2
funnyExiledScot
RubyGuby
Knowsit17
Scarpia
LondonTiger
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gatland announces his return to New Zealand - Page 2 Empty Gatland announces his return to New Zealand

Post by LondonTiger Thu 05 Nov 2015, 4:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/34738073

So he will leave the Wales job in 2019, assuming he is not dismissed before then of course.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Gatland announces his return to New Zealand - Page 2 Empty Re: Gatland announces his return to New Zealand

Post by Gwlad Wed 02 Dec 2015, 4:07 pm

Rugby Fan wrote:
Gwlad wrote:...The most successful NH coach by far...
Woodward still has that record. I think even Wales would take a World Cup over a Grand Slam, and his team's long unbeaten run over the Southern Hemisphere Big 3 hasn't yet been bettered.

Oh i didnt realize we were delving into ye olde and ancient historye.

yes SCW won a RWC, well remembered. I have no doubt Eddie and Goldman Sachs England will win in 2019

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Gatland announces his return to New Zealand - Page 2 Empty Re: Gatland announces his return to New Zealand

Post by Gwlad Sun 10 Jan 2016, 8:05 am

Cyril wrote:Four more years of Gatball. Welsh players with flair or attacking nous may as well retire from international rugby now (or wait a until he's gone if they're still young enough).

I guess NZ haven't come knocking anyway.

By your definition - making a comment on a thread for another team - you must be a WUM.

Next time, get permission.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 10 Jan 2016, 9:51 am

Gwlad wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/34738073

So he will leave the Wales job in 2019, assuming he is not dismissed before then of course.

Who would dismiss him? Wishful thinking. The most successful NH coach by far. England would be glad to have had him but he knows, unlike Eddie, that it's a poison chalice of poliitcal infighting and mis-sold shares. Good job Eddie will be focussed on his investment role at Sachs of Gold so he can  deal with the kit man.

And yet another wum, even on a thread nothing to do with England.

Also, Eddie Jones has won more as a coach, as has Woodward. So you're incorrect....again.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sun 10 Jan 2016, 5:56 pm

Course it is to do with England, England were shopping for a coach and Gats name was in the frame. Got it now?

And fyi Woodward left a few years ago.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 10 Jan 2016, 6:12 pm

England were never "shopping" for Gatland, just another attempt at a wum from Mr Predictable.

Your little dig fails on a few counts.....

1. Most successful NH Coach (From the NH) - Woodward (England)
2. Most successful Coach with a NH team - Woodward (England)

One must really research a little before making such bizarre claims. I've heard Wiki is good for facts, check it out.

Got it now?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sun 10 Jan 2016, 6:16 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:England were never "shopping" for Gatland, just another attempt at a wum from Mr Predictable.

Your little dig fails on a few counts.....

1. Most successful NH Coach (From the NH) - Woodward (England)
2. Most successful Coach with a NH team - Woodward (England)

One must really research a little before making such bizarre claims. I've heard Wiki is good for facts, check it out.

Got it now?

I am sure you use wiki all the time Pooly

Woodward has resigned fyi

And check the press (not the Fail thumbsup ) you'll find Gtaland was mooted as replacement for Stewie but wasn't interested

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/34813676

You're welcome!

Next….

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 10 Jan 2016, 6:27 pm

Every coach in world rugby was linked....this is what the press do Doh

Woodward is most successful NH coach, even if(heaven forbid) he passed away tomorrow.

It's really not that difficult you know, check Wiki.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 10 Jan 2016, 6:32 pm

Dontheman2 wrote:I like this for two reasons firstly puts to bed those England will come in for him rumours. And suggests he sees he has work to do

Personally speaking i never thought England would come calling for him to be honest. Yes he as done well with Wales in regards to the NH teams. But he as not done very well or any good against SH teams.

I wish him well for when he decides to finaly retire from Wales.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 10 Jan 2016, 6:38 pm

He's certainly worked wonders with Wales(against the NH sides). I wonder what his next move will be?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun 10 Jan 2016, 8:50 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:He's certainly worked wonders with Wales(against the NH sides). I wonder what his next move will be?
Super rugby?

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 10 Jan 2016, 10:15 pm

nathan wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:He's certainly worked wonders with Wales(against the NH sides). I wonder what his next move will be?
Super rugby?

I thought Gatland's dream was to coach the All Blacks. Will he have to have time in super rugby before making a try for the All Blacks coach?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sun 10 Jan 2016, 10:45 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Every coach in world rugby was linked....this is what the press do Doh

Woodward is most successful NH coach, even if(heaven forbid) he passed away tomorrow.

It's really not that difficult you know, check Wiki.

Every coach in world rugby? Where's your evidence that every coach in world rugby was linked by the press

Oh and guess what, yet again, you're wrong. They wanted him as far back as 2007!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/england/11937559/RFU-almost-hired-Warren-Gatland-as-England-coach-before-Wales-swooped.html

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 11 Jan 2016, 4:00 am

No they didn't.

I'm glad that you've finally admitted SCW is the most successful coach in the NH. It took a while but you got there.

See, you don't have to wum all the time on here. You can have just as much fun learning things from other(more knowledgeable) posters thumbsup

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Tue 12 Jan 2016, 3:23 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:No they didn't.

I'm glad that you've finally admitted SCW is the most successful coach in the NH. It took a while but you got there.

See, you don't have to wum all the time on here. You can have just as much fun learning things from other(more knowledgeable) posters thumbsup

Shame England don't have the fight you have really isn't it Laugh

Highly amusing that your hero wrote a book called Winning but that you think 2nd is okay, as long as you are consistent.  Headscratch

And trust me, i couldn't learn anything from someone like you but thanks for the offer. i would prefer wiki/the fail/ my son aged 5

SCW is ancient history and your pitifully persistent references to him illustrate just how desperate you are to cling on to the past due to the position you are now in. Is it 7th or 8th?

SCW Fails in 99 (ah yes remember Wembley no not 1966) and yes he won a RWC, when NZ were at a low ebb, and then bombed to third in the 6 Nations before getting creamed in NZ.

Those were the days when England had leaders all over the park, Jonno, Greenwood, Lord Nelson…halcyon days of yore.

He also nearly destroyed the Lions; luckily he had brought Alistair Campbell to spin himself out of it.

Good luck in Edinburgh  thumbsup

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 12 Jan 2016, 4:12 pm

Well, he is the leading contender to be in charge of the Lions anyway:-

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/warren-gatland-leading-contender-lead-10722309

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Wed 13 Jan 2016, 4:54 am

LordDowlais wrote:Well, he is the leading contender to be in charge of the Lions anyway:-

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/warren-gatland-leading-contender-lead-10722309

Don't think he will go. It would be poetic returning to NZ though.

Fact is Wales were definitely affected in the 2009 6 Nations after the 2nd Slam in 2008

I think it would be a great opportunity for Schmidt or indeed Cotter to take charge.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2