The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leinster v Scarlets

+16
Marshes
bedfordwelsh
Notch
The Great Aukster
2ndtimeround
VinceWLB
LordDowlais
glamorganalun
Chunky Norwich
SecretFly
ME-109
Rory_Gallagher
mikey_dragon
Cardiff Dave
profitius
asoreleftshoulder
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Leinster v Scarlets

Post by asoreleftshoulder Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Leinster: Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 2Q==

15 Rob Kearney, 14 Zane Kirchner, 13 Garry Ringrose, 12 Noel Reid, 11 Cian Kelleher, 10 Ian Madigan, 9 Isaac Boss, 8 Jamie Heaslip (c), 7 Sean O'Brien, 6 Dominic Ryan, 5 Tom Denton, 4 Devin Toner, 3 Mike Ross, 2 James Tracy, 1 Cian Healy.
Replacements: 16 Bryan Byrne, 17 Jack McGrath, 18 Marty Moore, 19 Hayden Triggs, 20 Dan Leavy, 21 Luke McGrath, 22 Johnny Sexton, 23 Ben Te'o.

Scarlets: Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 31CWPi-OqHL

15 Aled Thomas, 14 Tom Williams, 13 Gareth Owen, 12 Hadleigh Parkes, 11 Michael Tagicakibau, 10 Dan Jones, 9 Gareth Davies, 8 John Barclay (c), 7 James Davies, 6 Aaron Shingler, 5 Lewis Rawlins, 4 Jake Ball, 3 Peter Edwards, 2 Emyr Phillips, 1 Rob Evans.
Replacements: 16 Ken Owens, 17 Dylan Evans, 18 Will Taylor, 19 Tom Price, 20 Maselino Paulino, 21 Aled Davies, 22 Michael Collins, 23 Harry Robinson.

Date: Friday, November 6
Venue: RDS Arena
Kick-off: 19:35 GMT
Referee: Leighton Hodges (Wales)
Assistant referees: Leo Colgan (Ireland), Olly Hodges (Ireland)
TMO: Seamus Flannery (Ireland)

The thread is fairly late but what the hey.

This is usually a good high scoring game and we've 2 fairly experimental teams out so there could be some scores in this one.Bookies have Leinster as 10 point favourites which seems very high and you also have to factor in that the Scarlets have unsportingly decided to have a tight enough defense this season.Hoping for a good game that Leinster win.

asoreleftshoulder

Posts : 3945
Join date : 2011-05-15
Location : Meath,Ireland.

Back to top Go down


Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by ME-109 Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:10 pm

Ball slapped down...given all day in the WC

ME-109

Posts : 5258
Join date : 2011-09-01

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by LordDowlais Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:12 pm

Another inept refereeing performance from a referee who is out of his depth at this level.

Yet there are people on here who will tell me there is nothing wrong.

picard

LordDowlais

Posts : 15419
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by SecretFly Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:13 pm

Whistle but this is the Pro12..... a special league with it's o'wn rules....

directed at ME's comment not at Lord's.


Last edited by SecretFly on Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by ME-109 Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:13 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Another inept refereeing performance from a referee who is out of his depth at this level.

Yet there are people on here who will tell me there is nothing wrong.

picard

Go watch Sale and Quins then...am sure its a great refereeing performance...you can have a good old toke about it.

ME-109

Posts : 5258
Join date : 2011-09-01

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:25 pm

ME-109 wrote:Not at all LD...no sarcasm..just plain insults...cant you just feic off and watch leeks growing or something

Still be a challenge.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by SecretFly Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:25 pm

Good ugly hard-fought win. Just what the doctor ordered.

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:27 pm

Not the most exciting of games, but then Leinster do tend to start the season slowly. Scarlets will be happy with the bonus point.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by mikey_dragon Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:27 pm

Poor from Hodges - but Scarlets got themselves into positions to win and made mistakes. There was also the missed conversion. Too many dropped balls which seems to happen to them often, and two average fly-halves has held them back so far this season and looks like it will continue.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 14032
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by VinceWLB Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:31 pm

Well Connacht clear top of the table for the 1st time in the history now.

VinceWLB

Posts : 3841
Join date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by SecretFly Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:33 pm

Lord did you do the red exclamation mark on ME's post?

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by 2ndtimeround Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:35 pm

LBP away to Leinster not a bad result, again 1 more point than last season so still building nicely with the next 2 pro12 games for Scarlets been the 2 Italian teams.
Expected more from Leinster with all their internationals back than having a main game plan of moaning at the ref all game to try and get Scarlet players carded!, still it got them a penalty count high enough to get them a win I guess.
Disappointed to lose all the same, makes me wonder what would of happened had we not rested so many players.

2ndtimeround

Posts : 595
Join date : 2011-01-30
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by SecretFly Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:36 pm

Congrats to Connacht for the first look at what's up there.  Hopefully they like the air and get cocky enough to want to be there more often Wink

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by The Great Aukster Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:37 pm

Welsh team loses - Hodges is inept.
Welsh team wins - Lam complains - Hodges is victimised.

Could the performance of the officials have something to do with the result?

The Great Aukster

Posts : 5246
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by SecretFly Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:38 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:LBP away to Leinster not a bad result, again 1 more point than last season so still building nicely with the next 2 pro12 games for Scarlets been the 2 Italian teams.
Expected more from Leinster with all their internationals back than having a main game plan of moaning at the ref all game to try and get Scarlet players carded!, still it got them a penalty count high enough to get them a win I guess.
Disappointed to lose all the same, makes me wonder what would of happened had we not rested so many players.

What would happen is Leinster would moan louder.

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:38 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:Try to the Fruit Salads.
Terks lead 7-0.

I see. Wink

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by 2ndtimeround Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:44 pm

SecretFly wrote:
2ndtimeround wrote:LBP away to Leinster not a bad result, again 1 more point than last season so still building nicely with the next 2 pro12 games for Scarlets been the 2 Italian teams.
Expected more from Leinster with all their internationals back than having a main game plan of moaning at the ref all game to try and get Scarlet players carded!, still it got them a penalty count high enough to get them a win I guess.
Disappointed to lose all the same, makes me wonder what would of happened had we not rested so many players.

What would happen is Leinster would moan louder.

laughing

2ndtimeround

Posts : 595
Join date : 2011-01-30
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by VinceWLB Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:47 pm

If Scarlets can keep that form and with players like Scott Williams, Liam Williams and Rhodri Jones (although probably a worse scrummager than Pete the meat) coming back they should definitely make the top 4.

VinceWLB

Posts : 3841
Join date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by Notch Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:53 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
ME-109 wrote:Not at all LD...no sarcasm..just plain insults

Typical.

Listen pally, I will not be backed down by you or your mates on here, without your gang you would not be so chopsy.

Seriously if you two would just put each other on ignore it would be great, because the who is more hard on the internet routine isn't really edifying for anyone to read. We'll remove posts which are just insults and ban repeat offenders. It's so much easier and better to just not engage so why not give it a try?
Notch
Notch
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25635
Join date : 2011-02-10
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:56 pm

Yes, looking good for Scarlets at the moment. Too early to guess at a top 4 maybe, but can't see them missing out on a top 6.

Connacht are cruising nicely as well. Great start for both teams.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by VinceWLB Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:08 pm

Connacht apart from Glasgow and Ospreys (even if they are dreadful this year) did have a very nice fixture list though but yeah both teams are better than what i thought they would be before the season start.

VinceWLB

Posts : 3841
Join date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:17 pm

Connacht have had some easy and some difficult fixtures. Same as Scarlets. With it being a RWC year it isn't so easy to truly say which were the difficult fixtures though. Those teams that were hardest hit by the RWC will still take time to gel, and so the teams at the top should find it tougher as the season moves ahead.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by ME-109 Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:52 pm

Notch wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
ME-109 wrote:Not at all LD...no sarcasm..just plain insults

Typical.

Listen pally, I will not be backed down by you or your mates on here, without your gang you would not be so chopsy.

Seriously if you two would just put each other on ignore it would be great, because the who is more hard on the internet routine isn't really edifying for anyone to read. We'll remove posts which are just insults and ban repeat offenders. It's so much easier and better to just not engage so why not give it a try?

Ban and be damned....

ME-109

Posts : 5258
Join date : 2011-09-01

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:39 am

Poor first half discipline cost them dearly in the end, a losing BP isn't a bad result in the picture but pity not got the win.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9962
Join date : 2011-05-11
Age : 55

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by 2ndtimeround Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:57 am

After just 7 games the Scarlets are 9 points better of than from the equivalent fixtures last season and only 2 of the 7 matches have been against teams outside the top 6.
Prior to the kick off last night most Scarlets fans would of been very happy with a LBP, the fact that after the game it felt a little disappointing to only have that, shows how far the team have come under the new coaching regime.

2ndtimeround

Posts : 595
Join date : 2011-01-30
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by mikey_dragon Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:59 pm

Poor ref's in the pro12 alluded to again: https://www.facebook.com/Walesrugbynews/posts/935545146514763

mikey_dragon

Posts : 14032
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by Marshes Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:02 pm

ME-109 wrote:
Notch wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
ME-109 wrote:Not at all LD...no sarcasm..just plain insults

Typical.

Listen pally, I will not be backed down by you or your mates on here, without your gang you would not be so chopsy.

Seriously if you two would just put each other on ignore it would be great, because the who is more hard on the internet routine isn't really edifying for anyone to read. We'll remove posts which are just insults and ban repeat offenders. It's so much easier and better to just not engage so why not give it a try?

Ban and be damned....

laughing Some fellas can't go near a cliff without jumping off.

Marshes

Posts : 807
Join date : 2012-11-15

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:05 pm

Howell is full of it. Regions fans normally rubbish anything he says. Will it be different now?

Have to say I'm not a fan of Hodges either. Scarlets didn't lose because of him though. Penalty count in the first half killed their chances.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by Marshes Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:09 pm

Munchkin wrote:Howell is full of it. Regions fans normally rubbish anything he says. Will it be different now?

Have to say I'm not a fan of Hodges either. Scarlets didn't lose because of him though. Penalty count in the first half killed their chances.

Why does he write it like he is having a conversation with himself as well?

Marshes

Posts : 807
Join date : 2012-11-15

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by Chunky Norwich Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:10 pm

Munchkin wrote:Scarlets didn't lose because of him though. Penalty count in the first half killed their chances.

Amazing logic.

Those incorrect penalties cost them the game. A different referee would have provided a different result.

Chunky Norwich

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2011-12-08
Location : Location: Location:

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by Chunky Norwich Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:12 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Poor ref's in the pro12 alluded to again: https://www.facebook.com/Walesrugbynews/posts/935545146514763

It comes to something when even that useless hobbit is spouting sense.

The officiating is the worst in pro rugby. It has to change.

Chunky Norwich

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2011-12-08
Location : Location: Location:

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:14 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Munchkin wrote:Scarlets didn't lose because of him though. Penalty count in the first half killed their chances.

Amazing logic.

Those incorrect penalties cost them the game. A different referee would have provided a different result.

What would you understand about logic?

Anyway, it's a view that is shared by a few of the Scarlets fans. Suck it up.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by The Great Aukster Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:19 pm

So Andy Howell believes the crowds are dwindling despite the gate numbers increasing - that's interesting logic.

The Great Aukster

Posts : 5246
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by Chunky Norwich Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:45 pm

The Great Aukster wrote:So Andy Howell believes the crowds are dwindling despite the gate numbers increasing - that's interesting logic.

If you read the article, you'll know he said:

"rugby will suffer dwindling crowds unless officials improve their performances"

Rolling Eyes

Chunky Norwich

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2011-12-08
Location : Location: Location:

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by The Great Aukster Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:10 pm

There is no evidence presented that officials are getting worse, neither is there any evidence presented that the performance of the officials has any impact on crowd numbers. Everyone is entitled to their opinion however unfounded it may be.

The Great Aukster

Posts : 5246
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:12 pm

Oh it will suffer. Even though it has been increasing with Hodges reffing up until now. Yes, an interesting logic.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by SecretFly Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:00 pm

When I hear a Welsh poster here react furiously (and I mean drone on about it for days or weeks) to an official that 'gave' a game to a Welsh side at the expense of an Irish better-side-on-the-night, then I'll admit there has been progress here and I'll believe the guff I hear is genuine.

But of course, we don't hear Welsh posters going blue with breathless fury at the wrong done to Irish provinces by yet another asswhole Pro12 official.

So I'll continue to call the theory bunk designed blatantly to weaken the League.  A campaign.  A political campaign.

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:51 pm

Marshes wrote:
Munchkin wrote:Howell is full of it. Regions fans normally rubbish anything he says. Will it be different now?

Have to say I'm not a fan of Hodges either. Scarlets didn't lose because of him though. Penalty count in the first half killed their chances.

Why does he write it like he is having a conversation with himself as well?

Don't know. Maybe he is like Chunky and enjoys chatting to his alter ego o0

I don't disagree with some of what he said about Hodges. I don't like him as a ref either. He is overstating the case on the impact it could have on the league though. If that was going to happen, it would have happened already. Not everyone gets so pointlessly wound up by the ref.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by Artful_Dodger Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:38 am

Notch wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
ME-109 wrote:Not at all LD...no sarcasm..just plain insults

Typical.

Listen pally, I will not be backed down by you or your mates on here, without your gang you would not be so chopsy.

Seriously if you two would just put each other on ignore it would be great, because the who is more hard on the internet routine isn't really edifying for anyone to read. We'll remove posts which are just insults and ban repeat offenders. It's so much easier and better to just not engage so why not give it a try?

Can't understand why people don't use the foe list more. If you think someone is out to cause upset or is a wum, you don't have to listen to it.

Artful_Dodger

Posts : 4260
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by SecretFly Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:21 pm

There'd be so few left to talk with, the site would quickly become unviable..... everyone happy in their own incommunicado, listening to their sage pronouncements and readily agreeing with themselves on their happy tod.... Wink

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by Artful_Dodger Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:29 pm

SecretFly wrote:There'd be so few left to talk with, the site would quickly become unviable..... everyone happy in their own incommunicado, listening to their sage pronouncements and readily agreeing with themselves on their happy tod.... Wink

Or you could just ignore list the 1 or 2 individuals dragging the forum down without compromising the debate the rest of us. Plenty of posters who I disagree with, wouldn't ignore list them for that though.

Artful_Dodger

Posts : 4260
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by mikey_dragon Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:03 pm

Interestingly, there's been some choice phrases from the Irish with regards to the ref over on the Dragons v Ulster thread, yet nobody seems to be slagging them off.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 14032
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by Guest Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:16 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Interestingly, there's been some choice phrases from the Irish with regards to the ref over on the Dragons v Ulster thread, yet nobody seems to be slagging them off.

No problem having a go at the ref, if it's deserved, and Hodges isn't a great ref either. Different thing to have a go at the ref than blame the ref for loses, or come out with the tripe that LD constantly does.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by mikey_dragon Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:32 pm

Fair point - however the same thing happened after the Scarlets v Munster game and they won that one. So there was no blame there.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 14032
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:36 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Fair point - however the same thing happened after the Scarlets v Munster game and they won that one. So there was no blame there.
Who gets slagged off? There have been many discussions on other threads about the overall quality of refs vs other leagues, if that's what you mean?

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 5810
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 32
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by Guest Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:14 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Fair point - however the same thing happened after the Scarlets v Munster game and they won that one. So there was no blame there.

Yes, the Scarlets won it, and the point was made that certain individuals were still moaning even though they won it. That's not really the point though. The point is a couple of individuals will always moan. They will never just enjoy a game for the sake of entertainment. They will never see anything positive. What defines their interest in the sport of rugby, is what there is to moan about, and if there isn't anything obvious to moan about then invent it!

Seriously, why bother following a sport if all it does is give reason to bitch about refs or invented conspiracy theories? Maybe that is the only pleasure they get from it?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by BuzzScarlet Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:40 pm

Until refs become consistent in their decisions you'll always get people who will bitch and moan about them. As someone who goes to every Scarlets home match it is incredibly frustrating watching my own team being penalised for an infringement and then seeing the opposition committing the same offence in front of the ref and getting away with it time and time again! This isn't just Irish refs but Scottish, Welsh and Italians to. Whether or not it's a subconscious thing but some refs do favour certain teams on reputation alone. As frustrating as it can be, I can except refs making a mistake but ref both teams the same and just be consistent. Until this is achieved then conspiracy theories will continue and the credibility of the league will always be questioned.

BuzzScarlet

Posts : 121
Join date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by Guest Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:46 pm

BuzzScarlet wrote:Until refs become consistent in their decisions you'll always get people who will bitch and moan about them. As someone who goes to every Scarlets home match it is incredibly frustrating watching my own team being penalised for an infringement and then seeing the opposition committing the same offence in front of the ref and getting away with it time and time again! This isn't just Irish refs but Scottish, Welsh and Italians to. Whether or not it's a subconscious thing but some refs do favour certain teams on reputation alone. As frustrating as it can be, I can except refs making a mistake but ref both teams the same and just be consistent. Until this is achieved then conspiracy theories will continue and the credibility of the league will always be questioned.

By who though? Is it just Scarlets this happens to?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by BuzzScarlet Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:57 pm

I'm sure its not just the Scarlets it happens to but from what I witness live at home games it's something I've noticed more often than not. The standard of officiating is a concern to many I have spoken to down at the Scarlets and to many other supporters of the other regions in Wales I've even had a few friends who are Ospreys supporters telling me that we've had some poor decisions against us and coming from them that's that's saying something Wink

BuzzScarlet

Posts : 121
Join date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:50 pm

BuzzScarlet wrote:Until refs become consistent in their decisions you'll always get people who will bitch and moan about them. As someone who goes to every Scarlets home match it is incredibly frustrating watching my own team being penalised for an infringement and then seeing the opposition committing the same offence in front of the ref and getting away with it time and time again! This isn't just Irish refs but Scottish, Welsh and Italians to. Whether or not it's a subconscious thing but some refs do favour certain teams on reputation alone. As frustrating as it can be, I can except refs making a mistake but ref both teams the same and just be consistent. Until this is achieved then conspiracy theories will continue and the credibility of the league will always be questioned.
How good must the Scarlets be if they are winning all these home matches with these "inconsistant/biased refs"? (I think the Scarlets have last twice at home in the last year).

If you are going to home matches regularly of course you're going to think the ref is not making the correct decisions. Home crowds literally boo everything the ref does, not to mention the fact everything looks different live.

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 5810
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 32
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by Guest Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:57 pm

Although complaining about a ref is hardly something new, and not particular to any sport, or any league, the majority of the complaints I hear come from a certain quarter.
Complaining about the ref is something that will always be with us, and will just have to be accepted as part of a supporters experience. Most of us will at some time complain about a refs performance. Not so the conspiracy theories. Those theories are laughable, as they are clearly without rational foundation. I enjoy a good conspiracy theory myself, usually ones with at least a basis in fact, but I would never try to convince others that they are fact. That would be ludicrous, and deserving of contempt.
As for the Pro12 officiating having an adverse effect on the league? Like yourself I would like to see changes in the officiating. I would like to see a consistency of refereeing in a single game, and a consistency that is evident in all Pro12 appointed refs. I don't agree that the present standard is, or will, effect the credibility of the league. There's no evidence for this. In fact the evidence we do have contradicts this statement. The Pro12 is a growing success, even if in spite of the present standard of officiating.
As I have said, the Pro12 is not alone in having complaints about the refs. All leagues do, and there is some evidence that the Pro12 is far down the list of those leagues complained about most. Personally, I don't think we are any better or any worse than the likes of AP and T14, but no reason we can't at least try to improve on what we have. This is something that has been noted by the new leadership of Pro12, and hopefully some changes will be made in the not too distant future.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Leinster v Scarlets - Page 2 Empty Re: Leinster v Scarlets

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum