The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England V New Zealand Test Series

3 posters

Go down

England V New Zealand Test Series Empty England V New Zealand Test Series

Post by The Beast Sat 07 Nov 2015, 5:53 pm

Two games in and it's 1 - 1. Have to say, sorry to say, two awful games with today being a particular low. I am always beating the drum for more people to watch his great sport, hope they weren't watching this afternoon, dreadful. After great World Cup semi/Four Nations games a major letdown and a poor advert, dull and boring. There was a local duck race this afternoon wish I had gone to that.

England so stifled today, they could at least try to pass the ball. George Williams is already a good club player and will I am sure be a good international however for me at the moment looks totally lost and out of sync. I'd have played Gale but with one game to go it might be too late to change. Bateman good though he is I cannot see as an international centre, Cudjoe please at least he has pace and a pass, Bateman at SR rather than Farrell.

Rant over, thoughts anyone?

The Beast

Back to top Go down

England V New Zealand Test Series Empty Re: England V New Zealand Test Series

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 07 Nov 2015, 7:12 pm

Williams and Bateman don't look up to it at the moment, they seemed to be responsible for the majority of the handling errors of which there were numerous. Hardaker also looked nervous and Tomkins is sorely missed at the moment, agree on Cudjoe who has been immense for Huddersfield for a good few years now.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 16 Nov 2015, 8:16 am

Good win for England.....just. Significantly better game too, more entertainment in the first 10 minutes than the whole of last weeks' bore fest.

Hopefully England can kick on and make a serious challenge in next years' four nations particularly if Burgess x 3 and Reed are fit. Personally I think McNamara has done well, he has virtually no time with the players but appears to have gelled them together after the nightmare of the 2008 World Cup and I hope he stays on. I do agree with Hammersmith, Bateman for me is not a centre, Cudjoe please. Williams I sure will in time be an England regular.

Jermaine McGillvary, sir take a bow, superb on debut, the look on the Kiwi players faces who he hammered on his first carry said it all. No idea why he didn't play all three tests.

English Player of the tournament for me Ryan Hall, very few attacking opportunities, was excellent taking the pressure off the forwards taking the ball away from the goal line, creating momentum for fresh sets. Mostly unseen but I am sure appreciated by the pack, McGillvary doing a similar job on Saturday.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 15 Dec 2015, 1:43 am

I think overall England were worthy winners of the series

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down