The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+12
Adam D
1GrumpyGolfer
Dr Shoe
ShahenshahG
Pal Joey
Galted
Rowley
Alistair
seanmichaels
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
16 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 7 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Guest Fri 06 Nov 2015, 12:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Loaded Dog wrote:I haven't seen Altar of Plagues but my dentist reckons they're OK.
It's disappointing on so many levels, LD.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 7 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 13 Nov 2015, 7:22 am

I do enjoy how loneliness affects your posting, Shah.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 7 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 13 Nov 2015, 7:36 am

My pen pal was apparently killed today in a airstrike. So doubly lonely this morning. How you doing fella?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 13 Nov 2015, 7:41 am

Good morning.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 13 Nov 2015, 7:44 am

Morning Tino the beano.

All good this morning? No accidents, getting your nose caught in a closing door etc etc?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 13 Nov 2015, 7:54 am

All good thanks. You?

Missing your mate already?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 13 Nov 2015, 7:58 am

Not bad. Just really really bored.

And Rick is always missed by someone, by us when's he's not at work, by chick dagless when he is at work and by his boss, when he is at work.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 13 Nov 2015, 8:06 am

ShahenshahG wrote:Not bad. Just really really bored.

And Rick is always missed by someone, by us when's he's not at work, by chick dagless when he is at work and by his boss, when he is at work.

I meant Jihadi John, but riCK is often mistaken for him so I'll forgive your oversight.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 13 Nov 2015, 8:26 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:Not bad. Just really really bored.

I meant Jihadi John, but riCK is often mistaken for him so I'll forgive your oversight.

How can I miss him? A piece of him will always be with me.

In the atmosphere.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 13 Nov 2015, 8:40 am

Rather disappointed with the lack of discussion regarding the bird with the strap on. I'm not having it. 8 years!

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 13 Nov 2015, 8:42 am

seanmichaels wrote:Rather disappointed with the lack of discussion regarding the bird with the strap on. I'm not having it. 8 years!

I haven't read much about it but 8 years does sound quite excessive.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 13 Nov 2015, 8:44 am

The fact that they spent over 100 hours together and the 'victim' didn't once request to see his/her face?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 13 Nov 2015, 8:48 am

seanmichaels wrote:The fact that they spent over 100 hours together and the 'victim' didn't one request to see his/her face?

Aye, I don't believe it for one minute.  She knew what was going on, then something has happened in their 'relationship' and she has stiffed the girl that has gone down (no pun intended).

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 13 Nov 2015, 8:49 am

From your neck of the woods as well.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 13 Nov 2015, 8:53 am

seanmichaels wrote:From your neck of the woods as well.

Precisely why I don't believe her.

Girls from the north west allow themselves to be fingered in libraries. Being done with a strap on is pretty much standard behavior.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 13 Nov 2015, 9:23 am

It is a bit crap on here. Jeff needs to get a new job soon.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 13 Nov 2015, 9:53 am

Another whopping storm here after quite a hot and sunny morning.

Nice watching that brute Warner giving it to Boult & Co as the rain eases outside my window.
Boiling hot in Perth though. This is Australia.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 13 Nov 2015, 9:55 am

seanmichaels wrote:It is a bit crap on here. Jeff needs to get a new job soon.

We are missing a few regulars actually.  ‘Fly and G-Unit are hardly posting anymore.  Jules is sporadic.  As is Ziggler.

It’s basically you, me, The Big Dawg, SerialDAVE, Shah Abu-bakr and dAGlESs who are keeping it alive.

It’s falling apart.  On my watch.  I’ll have to fall on my sword like an honourable Japanese general.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 13 Nov 2015, 9:59 am

We are missing a few regulars actually.  ‘Fly and G-Unit are hardly posting anymore.  Jules is sporadic.  As is Ziggler.

It’s basically you, me, The Big Dawg, SerialDAVE, Shah Abu-bakr and dAGlESs who are keeping it alive.

It’s falling apart.  On my watch.  I’ll have to fall on my sword like an honourable Japanese general.

I'm considering giving this place a break in 39 posts when I reach a numerically sound palindrome featuring the number 9.
Nothing against you guys. I love ewes all (Tino a bit more than the rest)... but my therapy is almost complete.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 13 Nov 2015, 10:01 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:

I'm considering giving this place a break in 39 posts when I reach a numerically sound palindrome featuring the number 9.
Nothing against you guys. I love ewes all (Tino a bit more than the rest)... but my therapy is almost complete.

Oh balls, you've just reminded me that I missed my 16k post. I was going to do a poem about us all but forgot.

That's a hammer blow.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 13 Nov 2015, 10:04 am

Shah goes quiet between 9.30am & 4pm. I wonder if that is when the spy satellites are operational. A bit like in Patriot Games.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 13 Nov 2015, 10:07 am

What do you think about the Burgess fiasco? I personally think he got a rough deal.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 13 Nov 2015, 10:13 am

seanmichaels wrote:What do you think about the Burgess fiasco? I personally think he got a rough deal.

Same really. Bomber was desperate for him to be in the team and got him in there at all costs.

Sticking him in the biggest game England had played since the 2003 WC final was a massive call and pretty unfair on the lad.

He actually showed some decent touches (as you’d expect from such a talented player) in his brief union career but this WC came too soon.

The sad thing is, if he wanted to stay around, he would probably be a force of nature in Japan having 4 years and another 40 odd caps under his belt.

Unions loss is leagues gain.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 13 Nov 2015, 10:18 am

Same.

I said from the start that he wouldn't be suited to centre even though he did nothing wrong in the RWC. Just think he would have thrived better in the forwards as a flanker where I believe Bath experimented with him playing. Not sure why Lancs (or whoever) changed that.
He is also a very strong leader... probably felt he had had his wings clipped a bit in that respect. You could see it in his face at training.

Don't think he was given enough time and also not enough time to consolidate the switch of code. I reckon a 25 months... 2 years at a minimum is required to fully transition.

Last edited by The Loaded Dog on Fri 13 Nov 2015, 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 13 Nov 2015, 10:19 am

Bomber l*l.

Essentially he only really had 2 games. Cameo against Fiji where he looked good. Wales game where he kept the welsh backline quiet for 65 minutes. Both prety good performances for someone who had only been in the game for 10 months.

Also heard from a mate he was good in the friendly prior to WC

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 13 Nov 2015, 10:26 am

seanmichaels wrote:Bomber l*l.

Essentially he only really had 2 games. Cameo against Fiji where he looked good. Wales game where he kept the welsh backline quiet for 65 minutes. Both prety good performances for someone who had only been in the game for 10 months.

Also heard from a mate he was good in the friendly prior to WC

He was superb with Slade against the French, pre-WC.

I agree with LD as well. Committing to the lad, playing him at 6 and letting him learn his trade properly would have been the right decision.

2 years to really nail down the nuances of playing 6, and then 2 years making it his own pre-2019. Smashing people, ball carrying and off-loading. Let him play in the forwards and do what he does best.

But, it will forever be a case of what might have been.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 13 Nov 2015, 10:27 am

sean, had the worst call centre experience today trying to sort out my adobe pdf capability.

I've been paying the phuckers about 5 quid a month for the sole purpose of being able to convert single files into a multi page documents.
Kept getting "conversion failed" which was very frustrating as the customer was waiting on 3 quotations on my other job - selling machine tools.

The adobe Indian bloke was hopeless. Couldn't understand a word. Don't think he understood even the most basic English. Asked me to spell things out a few times. Got it wrong each time. Then also got my phone no. wrong. Said he would call back. Didn't. I wrote a few strong emails to Adobe. Heard nothing back.

However, as soon as I put the phone down I solved the problem myself.

It's all in the cloud.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 13 Nov 2015, 10:34 am

My BT woes continue! Had a call yesterday saying it was Andy the engineer from BT. I asked him what he was there for as I hadn't been told. He replied he was at the property to install a phoneline only. It was done last week! I just want fecking fibre optic broadband! Sorry, I don't do broadband.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 13 Nov 2015, 10:40 am

It's psychological torture I know.

On a happier note. Came across this Boston terrier called Leroy the other day. My god it had a distorted evil looking face.
Then I realised that it was very happy indeed... it's just the way it smiles. All it really wanted to do was play with the ball.

It's nutsac was almost as big as my clenched fist. I was very impressed. Almost jealous.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 13 Nov 2015, 10:56 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:

It's nutsac was almost as big as my clenched fist.

Another loaded dog then.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 13 Nov 2015, 11:13 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:

It's nutsac was almost as big as my clenched fist.

Another loaded dog then.

Aye but the other probably isn't a drug mule.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 13 Nov 2015, 11:19 am

Morning TLD.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 13 Nov 2015, 11:52 am

Morning all. Been a busy few weeks and been struggling to get time to post. 1/2 day today though and off to Berwick Upon Tweed for a weekend of middle age debauchery with 5 of my mates.

Have a good weekend!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 13 Nov 2015, 12:26 pm

superflyweight wrote:Morning all.  Been a busy few weeks and been struggling to get time to post.  1/2 day today though and off to Berwick Upon Tweed for a weekend of middle age debauchery with 5 of my mates.  

Have a good weekend!

F*ck you, Superfly.

We have been keeping this place going, then you pop by to say you're not going to be around.

F*ck you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 13 Nov 2015, 12:39 pm

I pre-ordered Call of Duty Black Ops 3 for my lad, from Amazon. At the time it said all pre-orders would get the code for the Nuk3town map for free. Then they changed it to only pre-orders from Game, so he didn't get it. Loads of people upset on various forums.

I googled the CEO of Activision, got his e-mail address and sent a strong but polite e-mail, on Sunday morning, saying that this was not a fair way to do business. It obviously got re-directed to a call center-type chap, who send me the code within a couple of hours. Job done.

Go to the top sean, it's the only way.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Nov 2015, 12:55 pm

Failing that Sean, there's a bloke in a BT Openreach van outside my house, I'm at work now but I could get my wife to abduct him and cut pieces off him until BT get their sh!t together

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 13 Nov 2015, 12:55 pm

You just fell out of my top13

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 13 Nov 2015, 1:02 pm

Adam D wrote:

You just fell out of my top13

You haven't really been posting either. You've shown very little commitment to this section over the last month.

You're now my second favourite founder.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 13 Nov 2015, 1:35 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Go to the top sean, it's the only way.

Yep, did that last Friday and have a contact from the Executive complaints team at my service. Emailed him this morning and he called at lunch quite embarrassed. Getting fibre broadband installed on Monday and hopefully TV later in the week.

1.5 pints peroni, bowl of chips. 6/10*

*Docked 2.5 because the pub were showing Athletics (!!!!!!!!!!!) instead of the cricket.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 13 Nov 2015, 1:43 pm

superflyweight wrote:Morning all.  Been a busy few weeks and been struggling to get time to post.  1/2 day today though and off to Berwick Upon Tweed for a weekend of middle age debauchery with 5 of my mates.  

Have a good weekend!

F*ck you, Superfly.

We have been keeping this place going, then you pop by to say you're not going to be around.

F*ck you.

Agreed.

Isn't Superfly a f*cking disgrace?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Nov 2015, 1:47 pm

Galted wrote:

Have a good weekend!

F*ck you, Superfly.

F*ck you.

Agreed.

Isn't Superfly a f*cking disgrace?
NO, Superfly knows who MONO are, he's ok in my book.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 13 Nov 2015, 1:53 pm

I've never heard of MONO so I am going to have to stick with my original 'f*ck you superfly' outlook.

Sorry Serial, you're still my favourite.

And Galted is f*cking high up my list as well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Nov 2015, 2:52 pm

They're a Japanese post-rock band who played in Leeds last week at the all-day Festival I went to. Bloody brilliant they were and I'm sure a man of your good taste and intelligence would like them (their album "For My Parents" is a joy to behold). Galted would probably also enjoy them but in a slightly less sexy and slightly more weird way that you would

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 13 Nov 2015, 3:14 pm

They work for the Royal Mail?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Nov 2015, 3:21 pm

Nothing about my post suggest that, Sean. In much the same way that no interaction you've ever had with a woman suggests she's open to having chips eaten off her back

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 16 Nov 2015, 6:23 am

Fist Bitches.

Horrible weekend all round.

RIP Frenchies.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 16 Nov 2015, 6:40 am

Morning Shah...

Bad do all round...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 16 Nov 2015, 7:04 am

Morning Rick the Flick

All good in le hood?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 16 Nov 2015, 7:27 am

Not bad mate, was off on Friday and chasing my tail already today...

Apart from the crappy news how was the weekend?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 16 Nov 2015, 7:48 am

Pretty bad all the same. Saturday at least. From the morn to the eve I was at work then my car packed it in so got home sunday morning. sunday spent entirely in bed and 6 am to 10 pm at work today. Still, could be worse.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 16 Nov 2015, 7:48 am

Morning all, no progress on the job front. Apart from that and the unpleasantness Friday was a good weekend. Went to a posh restaurant Saturday, ate caviar for the first time in my life, very pleasant it was as well.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next