The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+12
Adam D
1GrumpyGolfer
Dr Shoe
ShahenshahG
Pal Joey
Galted
Rowley
Alistair
seanmichaels
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
16 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 2 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Guest Fri 06 Nov 2015, 12:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Loaded Dog wrote:I haven't seen Altar of Plagues but my dentist reckons they're OK.
It's disappointing on so many levels, LD.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 2 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by seanmichaels Mon 09 Nov 2015, 9:55 am

Alistair wrote:Morning michaels, anything interesting happen to you on the weekend?

Nope. Couple of irons in the fire established. One a Slovak. Not sure I can be arrised though.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 2 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Alistair Mon 09 Nov 2015, 9:59 am

10) Joan Baez

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 09 Nov 2015, 10:12 am

Alistair wrote:10) Joan Baez

yes

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Mon 09 Nov 2015, 10:21 am

5) Depeche Mode

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 09 Nov 2015, 10:28 am

6. Clarinet

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Mon 09 Nov 2015, 10:29 am

JLS is 'Jack Lad Swing' or something?

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 09 Nov 2015, 10:31 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
4. For the group JLS, what does JLS stand for?

Julius Loves Sex?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 09 Nov 2015, 10:33 am

Think it is Jack the Lad Swing Alistair...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 09 Nov 2015, 10:34 am

Jelly (&) Labrador Sandwich?

7/10

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 09 Nov 2015, 10:38 am

Round 1
1. Which band’s original members were called Joey, Johnny, Dee Dee and Tommy? The Ramones
2. Who wrote the lyrics to My Way (the Frank Sinatra song, as opposed to any other song called My Way)?
3. For one point each in which year did the Rolling Stones achieve their first and last top ten singles?
4. For the group JLS, what does JLS stand for? Jack the Lad Swing
5. Which band hold the record for having the most top 40 hits, without ever having a number 1 (with 43 top 40 hits)? Depeche Mode
6. What instrument did Benny Goodman play? Clarinet
7. Which artist has won the most Brit awards (both as part of a group and as a solo artist combined)? Robbie Williams
8. Which French cabaret singer was famous for regretting nothing? Edith Piaf
9. Which member of One Direction left the group in March 2015? Zayn Malik
10. Which American folk singer had her first hit, “We Shall Overcome” in 1963 but is perhaps best known for being Bob Dylan’s girlfriend in the mid 1960s? Joan Baez

Still 2 & 3 to get.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 09 Nov 2015, 10:40 am

First Rolling Stones was about 1964 maybe?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Shoe Mon 09 Nov 2015, 10:46 am

Last rolling stones hit would have been "Love is Strong" aroung 1994/95?

Dr Shoe
Dr Shoe
Dr Shoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Mon 09 Nov 2015, 10:48 am

2) I know the face but i can't get the name. He wrote the Buddy Holly song 'It Doesn't Matter Anymore'.

3) Satisfaction was '65?

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 10:56 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Alistair wrote:Morning michaels, anything interesting happen to you on the weekend?

Nope. Couple of irons in the fire established. One a Slovak. Not sure I can be arrised though.
That has to be the first time in history that phrase could be applied to you given your history with prefects and whatnot

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Mon 09 Nov 2015, 11:25 am

Paul Anka!!!

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 09 Nov 2015, 11:35 am

Alistair wrote:Paul Anka!!!

Who are you calling a 'anka?

(Correct)

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 09 Nov 2015, 11:36 am

Someone has already got 1964 (Not Fade Away), the final top 10 Stones hit is Start Me Up.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 09 Nov 2015, 11:37 am

Was their last top 10 hit Love is Strong?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 09 Nov 2015, 11:38 am

Love is Strong was #10 on UK airplay.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 09 Nov 2015, 11:48 am

Proper charts sean, none of this airplay rubbish.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Mon 09 Nov 2015, 12:03 pm

Ah, I can go back to doing work.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 09 Nov 2015, 12:27 pm

Sh*t on here.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 09 Nov 2015, 1:06 pm

Sh!t supermarket sushi, and chinese hot and sour chicken soup, with a curry samosa. 7/10

Afternoon Tino

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 09 Nov 2015, 1:10 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Sh*t on here.

You missed my Alan Donald in Aliens post.

Spoiler:

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 09 Nov 2015, 1:19 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Sh*t on here.

You missed my Alan Donald in Aliens post.

Spoiler:

No I didn't. I saw it but we have gone through that whole Alan Donald lookalike thing numerous times.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 09 Nov 2015, 1:20 pm

Why are you in a mood Tino?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 09 Nov 2015, 1:21 pm

Time of the month....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 09 Nov 2015, 1:22 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Why are you in a mood Tino?

I'm not particularly. Just trying to stop Sean repeating himself.

It will only be a matter of time before he tells us how much he hates people going into a pub and ordering a coffee. Haven't had that one for at least a week.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 09 Nov 2015, 1:23 pm

You sound like you are in a mood...

Has work given you a cob-on? (sic?)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 09 Nov 2015, 1:25 pm

rick_dagless wrote:You sound like you are in a mood...

Has work given you a cob-on? (sic?)

It gives me a cob-on everyday. Nothing different in that respect.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 09 Nov 2015, 1:25 pm

Fear not Rick, my brief lunch time appearance has come round. That will cheer Tina up no end.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 09 Nov 2015, 1:26 pm

Rowley wrote:Fear not Rick, my brief lunch time appearance has come round. That will cheer Tina up no end.

That has cheered me up. I miss you, Jeff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 09 Nov 2015, 1:26 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:Why are you in a mood Tino?

I'm not particularly.  Just trying to stop Sean repeating himself.

It will only be a matter of time before he tells us how much he hates people going into a pub and ordering a coffee.  Haven't had that one for at least a week.

I had to wait at least 5 minutes at an empty bar yesterday whilst the barmaid made a cup of tea for someone. Drives me bananas. I only stayed because i'd put a pound in the Bullseye machine and the touchscreen wouldn't work.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 09 Nov 2015, 1:29 pm

I'm glad you are not in a mood any more Tino...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 09 Nov 2015, 1:31 pm

rick_dagless wrote:I'm glad you are not in a mood any more Tino...

I wasn't in a mood, rICk.

Although I do have limits.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 09 Nov 2015, 1:35 pm

TSMR's granddad was taken into hospital last night. Does it make me a bad person if the first thought in my head was the inheritance?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 09 Nov 2015, 1:36 pm

Rowley wrote:Does it make me a bad person if the first thought in my head was the inheritance?

Yep.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 09 Nov 2015, 1:39 pm

I go round his house every Wednesday and have done for the last 13 years. I spend the evening listening to his increasingly more racist and increasingly ill informed rants about various news stories. By my way of thinking I have earned every penny.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 09 Nov 2015, 1:41 pm

Rowley wrote:I go round his house every Wednesday and have done for the last 13 years. I spend the evening listening to his increasingly more racist and increasingly ill informed rants about various news stories. By my way of thinking I have earned every penny.

No.

Is that a better answer?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 09 Nov 2015, 1:42 pm

Thanks Tina, have been feeling a bit bad about it, knowing those closest to me won't think less of me for it means a lot.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 09 Nov 2015, 1:43 pm

I like a bit of old school racism. It balances out the overly PC world we live in.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 09 Nov 2015, 1:44 pm

How wealthy is he? In Yorkshire terms.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 09 Nov 2015, 1:48 pm

1 or 2 outside toilets?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 09 Nov 2015, 1:52 pm

You can flush the sink in his house...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 09 Nov 2015, 2:00 pm

State of the art oven....

Spoiler:

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 2:05 pm

Rowley wrote:TSMR's granddad was taken into hospital last night. Does it make me a bad person if the first thought in my head was the inheritance?
As long as the first thought isn't, "I hope they don't check for poisoning", you'll be OK however, you have come across as a tight fisted money grabbing ****....I'm so very proud!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 2:37 pm

Am struggling to take the WADA investigation into the use of performance enhancing drugs in athletics seriously when there's a bloke speaking called DICK POUND

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 09 Nov 2015, 2:39 pm

Fnaaar...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 09 Nov 2015, 2:51 pm

Just been asked to stay until end of December. working out nicely....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 3:13 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Just been asked to stay until end of December. working out nicely....
Unless they just want a Xmas bumboy and have heard all about you

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next