The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by LondonTiger Thu 12 Nov 2015, 11:28 am

Typically the EPS consists around 34 players, broken down into 5 props, 3 hookers, 4 second row, 6 back row, 3 SHs, 3 FHs, 4 centres and 6 back 3 players.

So can we do a better job than the 3 monkeys who will be doing it this season?

The Process:

We all select 3 full 23 man match day squads, ranking them 1st, 2nd, 3rd choice.
Players will be assigned points 3 for being in a 1st choice squad down to 1 for being in a 3rd choice squad.
Points will be added up and players divided between EPS and Saxons based on the values and obtaining an "ideal" mix of positions.

LondonTiger
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 23485
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by LondonTiger Thu 12 Nov 2015, 11:41 am

1st Squad:

Marler, Mako, Hartley, George, Cole, Brookes, Launchbury, Lawes, Kitchener, Robshaw, Kvesic, BillyV, Morgan
Youngs, Care, Ford, Farrell, Slade, Joseph, May, Watson, Brown, Nowell



2nd Squad:

Mullan, Auterac, Youngs, Webber, Thomas, Wilson (D), Slater, Kruis, Attwood, Itoje, Wood, Fraser, Haskell
Robson, Dickson, Cipriani, Burns, Twelvetrees, Tuilagi, Roku, Yarde, Goode, foden


3rd Squad:

Waller, Corbs, LCD, Haywood, sinkler, Balmain, Symons, Myall, Garvey, Ewers, Clifford, Hughes, Croft
Simpson, Harrison, Myler, Lozowski, Eastmond, Burrell, Daly, Ashton, Wade, Tait.



not fully finalised as rushed


Last edited by LondonTiger on Mon 23 Nov 2015, 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

LondonTiger
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 23485
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by BamBam Thu 12 Nov 2015, 12:07 pm

1st

Marler, Mako, Hartley, George, Cole, Brookes
Launchbury, Lawes, Kitchener
Robshaw, Kvesic, Vunipola, Morgan
Care, Youngs
Ford, Farrell
Slade, Joseph, Burrell
May, Watson, Brown,

2nd
Corbisiero, Mullan, Youngs, Webber, Thomas, Wilson
Slater, Attwood, Kruis
Itoje, Fraser, Wood, Haskell
Wiggles, Dickson
Cipriani, Myler
Tuilagi, Daly
Yarde, Nowell, Foden, Wade

3rd
Waller, Auterac, LCD, Haywood, Sinckler, Wilson
Symons, Garvey, Barrow
Ewers, Hughes, Clark, Croft
Simpson, Chudley
Burns, Jennings?
Twelvetrees, Devoto, Hill
Roko, Earle, Tait

BamBam

Posts : 16869
Join date : 2011-03-17
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by king_carlos Thu 12 Nov 2015, 1:14 pm

Guessing we are free to change our sides as club games go on? I wouldn't be at all surprised if a lot of mine changed during the European games especially!

First choice:

1.Marler 2.George 3.Cole 4.Launchbury 5.Kitchener 6.Robshaw 7.Kvesic 8.Morgan
9.Youngs 10.Ford 11.May 12.Slade 13.Joseph 14.Watson 15.Brown
16.Hartley 17.Mako 18.D Wilson 19.Lawes 20.Billy V 21.Care 22.Tuilagi 23.Nowell

Second choice:

1.Mullan 2.Youngs 3.Thomas 4.Slater 5.Attwood 6.Itoje 7.Fraser 8.Haskell
9.Robson 10.Farrell 11.Roko 12.Burrell 13.Daly 14.Wade 15.Pennell
16.Webber 17.Auterac 18.Brookes 19.Kruis 20.Ewers 21.Simpson 22.Cipriani 23.Foden

Third choice:

1.Waller 2.Haywood 3.Sinckler 4.Garvey 5.Symons 6.Wood 7.Clifford 8.Beaumont
9.Dickson 10.Burns 11.Yarde 12.Eastmond 13.Lowe 14.Ashton 15.Tait
16.LCD 17.Corbs 18.S Wilson 19.Myall 20.Croft 21.Harrison 22.Twelvetrees 23.Goode

king_carlos

Posts : 7673
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Ankh-Morpork

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by GeordieFalcon Thu 12 Nov 2015, 1:19 pm

1st

Marler, Mako, Hartley, George, Cole, Brookes
Launchbury, Attwood, Kitchener
Robshaw, Kvesic, Vunipola, Morgan
Care, Youngs
Ford, Farrell
Slade, Joseph, Burrell
May, Watson, Brown,

2nd
Waller, Mullan, Youngs, Taylor, Thomas, Wilson
Slater, Lawes, Kruis
Itoje, Fraser, Ewers, Haskell
Simpson, Dickson
Cipriani, Burns
Tuilagi, Daly, Hill
Nowell, Roko, Wade

3rd
Waller, Auterac, LCD, Haywood, Sinckler, Wilson
Symons, Garvey, Barrow
M.Wilson, Beaumont, Clark, Wallace
Wigglesworth, ??
Catterick, Geraghty
Chris Harris, Devoto, Hill
Foden, Earle, Tait

Could we move Roko to 12? Pace, aggression, power...hows his handling?

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 23890
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by GeordieFalcon Thu 12 Nov 2015, 1:26 pm

Interesting some differences already.

Also interesting no one bar me has selected young Sale Hooker Taylor. His set piece stats I think are nearly at 100% for both scrum and lineout.

Maybe I need a re-think.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 23890
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 12 Nov 2015, 2:27 pm

Really like this idea, and I will post mine as soon as I have some spare time.

In the meantime, are people pretty set on the idea that we've seen the end of Tom Wood?

bluestonevedder

Posts : 3952
Join date : 2011-08-22

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by GeordieFalcon Thu 12 Nov 2015, 2:43 pm

I think Wood is down the line now. Bar his lineout work he hasn't shown the form of some time / years ago. Others are showing better.

However if he should come back to form, then he may put himself in the picture in a more balanced pack.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 23890
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 12 Nov 2015, 3:24 pm

Fair enough.

I think if the world cup has shown us one thing, it's that at the elite level, players need to offer more than just being workhorses. Wood and Robshaw initially looked great paired together because they simply outworked other backrows. At the world cup though, other teams and players raised their game and their 'x-factors' became the point of difference. We simply didn't have another level to go to. Pocock, Warburton, Hooper, and Hardie's breakdown work became their point of difference. Kaino, Burger, and Fardy offered uncompromising physicality and carrying. Wood and Robshaw were maxed out.

bluestonevedder

Posts : 3952
Join date : 2011-08-22

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 12 Nov 2015, 3:33 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Interesting some differences already.

Also interesting no one bar me has selected young Sale Hooker Taylor. His set piece stats I think are nearly at 100% for both scrum and lineout.

Maybe I need a re-think.

I think George has the highest lineout stats in the AP at around 95% GF

Sgt_Pooly
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 34774
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by yappysnap Thu 12 Nov 2015, 4:25 pm

I shall do this after the Quins game tonight, where I'll either pick nearly the whole Harlequins side, or none of them...

yappysnap

Posts : 11754
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 33
Location : Christchurch, NZ

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 12 Nov 2015, 4:27 pm

1. Marler/Waller/Auterac
2. Hartley/George/Taylor
3. Cole/Wilson/Thomas
4. Launchbury/Slater/Attwood
5. Kitchener/Symons/Lawes
6. Armitage/Itoje/?
7. Kvesic/Fraser/Clifford
8. Vuinipola/Morgan/?

9. Youngs/Care/Robson
10. Ford/Cipriani/Farrell
11. Nowell/May/Yarde
12. Tuilagi/Slade/Devoto
13. Joseph/Tuilagi/Daly
14. Watson/Ashton/Wade
15. Brown/Watson/Pennell


Last edited by Sgt_Pooly on Thu 12 Nov 2015, 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sgt_Pooly
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 34774
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Thu 12 Nov 2015, 4:59 pm

Nathan Hughes is EQ in June next year.

BigTrevsbigmac

Posts : 3266
Join date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by robbo277 Fri 13 Nov 2015, 11:49 am

I'm assuming French-based players aren't ruled out for us?

I've also included injured players, as the EPS system encourages picking injured players and then calling up injury cover.

1st 23:
Mako, Marler, Youngs, Hartley, Brookes, Cole
Launchbury, Lawes, Itoje
Croft, Armitage, Vunipola, Kvesic
Youngs, Care
Ford, Slade
Tuilagi, Joseph
May, Watson, Brown, Nowell.

2nd 23:
Corbisiero, Mullan, George, Cowan-Dickie, Wilson, Sinckler
Slater, Parling, Attwood
Robshaw, Fraser, Morgan, Wood
Simpson, Dickson
Cipriani, Farrell
Burrell, Daly, Eastmond
Yarde, Wade, Goode

3rd "23" (I haven't picked a full 23. I have just picked players I'd like to see in the Saxons not listed above. I'm not going to pad out a full 23 with players I'm not fussed about)
Auterac, Waller
Kruis, Kitchener
Ewers, Clifford, Beaumont
*no scrum-halves*
*no fly-halves*
Devoto, Hill
Rokodoguni, Foden

No place for Webber, Haskell, Easter, Wigglesworth, Barritt or Burgess from the World Cup squad.

robbo277

Posts : 4917
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 32
Location : Brighton, England

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by Cumbrian Fri 13 Nov 2015, 12:58 pm

First:

01. Joe Marler
02. Dylan Hartley
03. Dan Cole
04. Graham Kitchener
05. Joe Launchbury
06. Chris Robshaw
07. Matt Kvesic
08. Billy Vunipola

09. Ben Youngs
10. George Ford

11. Jack Nowell
12. Henry Slade
13. Jon Joseph
14. Anthony Watson
15. Mike Brown

16. Jamie George
17. David Wilson
18. Mako Vunipola
19. Matt Garvey
20. Billy Vunipola
21. Danny Care
22. Owen Farrell
23. Elliott Daly

Second:

01. Matt Mullan/Alex Corbisero
02. Tom Youngs
03. Kieran Brookes
04. Ed Slater
05. Dave Attwood
06. Jack Clifford
07. Will Fraser
08. Dave Ewers

09. Joe Simpson
10. Danny Cipriani

11. Jonny May
12. Ollie Devoto
13. Manu Tuilagi
14. Marland Yarde
15. Ben Foden

16. Luke Cowan-Dickie
17. Nick Auterac
18. Henry Thomas
19. Courtney Lawes
20. James Haskell
21. Alex Goode
22. Christian Wade
23. Chris Pennell

Third:

01. Alex Waller
02. Tommy Taylor
03. Kyle Sinckler
04. Maro itoje
05. George Kruis
06. Tom Wood
07. Luke Wallace
08. Josh Beaumont

09. Will Chudley
10. Freddie Burns

11. Adam Thompstone
12. Tom Stephenson
13. Luther Burrell
14. Jamie Elliott
15. Simon Hammersley

16. Jack Yandle
17. Fraser Balmain
18. Scott Wilson
19. Elliott Stooke
20. Tom Savage
21. Stuart Townsend
22. Sam Hill
23. Tom Homer
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Posts : 4557
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 37
Location : Bath

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by lostinwales Fri 13 Nov 2015, 1:33 pm

Cumbrian wrote:First:

01. Joe Marler
02. Dylan Hartley
03. Dan Cole
04. Graham Kitchener
05. Joe Launchbury
06. Chris Robshaw
07. Matt Kvesic
08. Billy Vunipola

09. Ben Youngs
10. George Ford

11. Jack Nowell
12. Henry Slade
13. Jon Joseph
14. Anthony Watson
15. Mike Brown

16. Jamie George
17. David Wilson
18. Mako Vunipola
19. Matt Garvey
20. Billy Vunipola
21. Danny Care
22. Owen Farrell
23. Elliott Daly

Second:

01. Matt Mullan/Alex Corbisero
02. Tom Youngs
03. Kieran Brookes
04. Ed Slater
05. Dave Attwood
06. Jack Clifford
07. Will Fraser
08. Dave Ewers

09. Joe Simpson
10. Danny Cipriani

11. Jonny May
12. Ollie Devoto
13. Manu Tuilagi
14. Marland Yarde
15. Ben Foden

16. Luke Cowan-Dickie
17. Nick Auterac
18. Henry Thomas
19. Courtney Lawes
20. James Haskell
21. Alex Goode
22. Christian Wade
23. Chris Pennell

Third:

01. Alex Waller
02. Tommy Taylor
03. Kyle Sinckler
04. Maro itoje
05. George Kruis
06. Tom Wood
07. Luke Wallace
08. Josh Beaumont

09. Will Chudley
10. Freddie Burns

11. Adam Thompstone
12. Tom Stephenson
13. Luther Burrell
14. Jamie Elliott
15. Simon Hammersley

16. Jack Yandle
17. Fraser Balmain
18. Scott Wilson
19. Elliott Stooke
20. Tom Savage
21. Stuart Townsend
22. Sam Hill
23. Tom Homer

Cutting Billy in half to get 2 normal sized players or does Ben Morgan need to be shoehorned in somewhere?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 10900
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 13 Nov 2015, 1:40 pm

1) Mullan, Marler, Brookes, Cole (just), Hartley, George, Launchbury, Lawes, Itoje, Robshaw, Fraser, Morgan, Billy V, Care, Youngs, Ford, Slade, Tuilagi, Joseph, May, Watson, Brown, Nowell

2) Corbisiero, Mako, Wilson, Thomas, Youngs, Webber, Attwood, Parling, Kruis, Wood,
Kvesic, Easter (Hughes once he's available), Haskell, Simpson, Wrigglesworth, Farrell, Cipriani, Burrell, Daly, Yarde, Wade, Pennell, Tait

3) Waller, Auterac, Ward, LCD, Balmain, Sinckler, Garvey, Slater, Stooke, Clifford, Clarke, Ewers, Dickson, Chudley, Burns, Lowoski, Devoto, Eastmond, Goode, Roko, Foden, Ashton
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Posts : 18707
Join date : 2011-12-23
Age : 32
Location : London, UK

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by nlpnlp Fri 13 Nov 2015, 3:24 pm

This was quite a tough task to try and pick 3 match day squads rather than a group of 50 or 60 players.  I wouldn't say the squads are particularly well balanced - a bit Lancasteresque in the back subs department.  There are quite a few up and coming players in there - the likes of Spencer and Robson at 9 as I think the time for the likes of Wigglesworth has been and well and truly gone.  Also at tighthead we seem to lack real depth, so the likes of Sinkler and Cooper-Woolley are in there.  I have dropped a few players down based on the fact they have an injury - Tuilagi would be in my 1st team IF fit, Lawes because he always seems to be injured.  Hartley for indiscipline.

I don't think you can have Marler and Mako as your 1st team loose heads, as they are both below average at scrumtime for me.  Corbisiero if fit and in form would be first choice, but as he is neither I would go with Mullan.

Nathan Hughes would be my 1st choice No 8 as soon as he is qualified as both Billy V and Morgan are too one dimensional for me.  I appreciate that this arises from the lack of ball carrying strength elsewhere, but I think George, Launchbury, Attwood and Ewers can and should be able to carry and Hughes is no shrinking violet in that department.

1st 23
1. Mullan
2. George
3. Cole
4. Launchbury
5. Attwood
6. Ewers
7. Kvesic
8. Vunipola
9. Youngs
10. Slade
11. Watson
12. Burrell
13. Joseph
14. Nowell
15. Brown
16. Marler
17. Youngs
18. Thomas
19. Itoje
20. Clifford
21. Care
22. Ford
23. May

2nd 23
1. Mako
2. Hartley
3. Wilson
4. Slater
5. Lawes
6. Robshaw
7. Fraser
8. Morgan
9. Simpson
10. Cipriani
11. Wade
12. Tuilagi
13. Hill
14. Yarde
15. Foden
16. Waller
17. Cowan-Dickie
18. Brookes
19. Kitchener
20. Croft
21. Robson
22. Farrell
23. Daly

3rd 23
1. Corbisiero
2. Yeandle
3. Cooper-Woolley
4. Kruis
5. Barrow
6. Garvey
7. Armitage
8. Dickinson
9. Spencer
10. Myler
11. Rokodeguni
12. Barritt
13. Twelvetrees
14. Ashton
15. Abendenon
16. Auterac
17. Batty
18. Sinkler
19. Paterson
20. Wood
21. Dickson
22. Mordt
23. Devoto


Last edited by nlpnlp on Fri 13 Nov 2015, 4:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

nlpnlp

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-14

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 13 Nov 2015, 3:49 pm

Think you mean Nathan Hughes rather than the killer.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 23487
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by Cumbrian Fri 13 Nov 2015, 5:30 pm

lostinwales wrote:
Cumbrian wrote:First:

01. Joe Marler
02. Dylan Hartley
03. Dan Cole
04. Graham Kitchener
05. Joe Launchbury
06. Chris Robshaw
07. Matt Kvesic
08. Billy Vunipola

09. Ben Youngs
10. George Ford

11. Jack Nowell
12. Henry Slade
13. Jon Joseph
14. Anthony Watson
15. Mike Brown

16. Jamie George
17. David Wilson
18. Mako Vunipola
19. Matt Garvey
20. Billy Vunipola
21. Danny Care
22. Owen Farrell
23. Elliott Daly

Second:

01. Matt Mullan/Alex Corbisero
02. Tom Youngs
03. Kieran Brookes
04. Ed Slater
05. Dave Attwood
06. Jack Clifford
07. Will Fraser
08. Dave Ewers

09. Joe Simpson
10. Danny Cipriani

11. Jonny May
12. Ollie Devoto
13. Manu Tuilagi
14. Marland Yarde
15. Ben Foden

16. Luke Cowan-Dickie
17. Nick Auterac
18. Henry Thomas
19. Courtney Lawes
20. James Haskell
21. Alex Goode
22. Christian Wade
23. Chris Pennell

Third:

01. Alex Waller
02. Tommy Taylor
03. Kyle Sinckler
04. Maro itoje
05. George Kruis
06. Tom Wood
07. Luke Wallace
08. Josh Beaumont

09. Will Chudley
10. Freddie Burns

11. Adam Thompstone
12. Tom Stephenson
13. Luther Burrell
14. Jamie Elliott
15. Simon Hammersley

16. Jack Yandle
17. Fraser Balmain
18. Scott Wilson
19. Elliott Stooke
20. Tom Savage
21. Stuart Townsend
22. Sam Hill
23. Tom Homer

Cutting Billy in half to get 2 normal sized players or does Ben Morgan need to be shoehorned in somewhere?

Ooops! Meant Morgan on the bench. Not a case of 'shoehorning', he is a very good player and has good impact from the bench.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Posts : 4557
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 37
Location : Bath

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by nathan Sat 14 Nov 2015, 7:59 am

O'conner at 7?

Nothing like getting on the bandwagon early lol

nathan

Posts : 10952
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by HongKongCherry Sat 14 Nov 2015, 9:35 am

1: Marler, Corbs, Hartley, George, Cole, Wilson; Attwood, Kitchener, Launchbury; Ewers, Kvesic, Armitage, Vunipola; Youngs, Care; Ford, Cipriani, Slade, Joseph, Eastmond; May, Watson, Bendy

2: Vunipola, Mullan, Youngs, Taylor, Brookes, Thomas; Lawes, Symons, Slater; Itoje, Fraser, Morgan, Clifford; Dickson, Robson; Flood, Burns; Tuilagi, Daly, Trinder; Nowell, Roko, Goode

3: Waller, Auterac, Webber, LCD, Sinckler, PDJ (seriously!!); Kruis, Savage, Garvey; Wood, Clarke, Wallace, Seymour; Simpson, Wiggy; Myler, Farrell; 36, Burrell, Hill; Wade, Yarde, Brown

As the salary cap is clearly being ignored I see no reason to stick with the overseas rule as it was only there to keep wages down. I'd also have as many proper 7s involved as possible.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Posts : 3297
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Glawster

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by jamesandimac Sat 14 Nov 2015, 9:58 am

Itoje..... Lock or Blindside? He seems very similar to where Launchbury was at a few years back where he can play both to a good standard at club level but hasn't fully settled on a position yet as he's still developing physically.


jamesandimac

Posts : 233
Join date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by ClivesWoodWould Sat 14 Nov 2015, 5:22 pm

Who can refuse a bandwagon. I probably watch more Super Rugby than I do AP and have always been impressed with O'Connor especially last night. When I lived there I met the the Highlanders players on a few occasions and they always spoke very highly of him. Once settled I have no doubt he could be a great player for England.

Excluding French based players:

1st 23
Marler, Vunipola, Hartley, George, Cole, Brookes
Launchbury, Lawes, Kitchener
Robshaw, O'Connor, Vunipola, Clifford
Youngs, Care
Ford, Slade
Joseph, Tuilagi
May, Watson, Nowell, Brown

2nd 23
Auterac, Mullan, Youngs, Cowan-Dickie, Thomas, Cooper Woolley
Attwood, Slater, Itoje
Ewers, Kvesic, Wallace, Morgan
Robson, Simpson
Cipriani, Farrell
Hill, Burrell, Daly
Yarde, Rokoduguni, Pennell

3rd 23
Hepburn, Waller, Taylor, Haywood, Wilson, Sinckler
Barrow, Symons, Kruis
Garvey, Haskell, Fraser, Beaumont
Dickson, Harrison
Burns, Lozowski
Eastmond, Devoto, James
Wade, Thompstone, Foden

ClivesWoodWould

Posts : 5
Join date : 2015-11-05

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by LondonTiger Sun 15 Nov 2015, 9:36 pm

Will start to do the maths for this tomorrow, so still time to have an input.

LondonTiger
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 23485
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by LondonTiger Mon 23 Nov 2015, 6:39 pm

so 11 people had a go and 115 different players were selected. We can rerun this after the next set of euro games, but as it stands our EPS would be:

Marler, Mako, Mullan
Hartley, George, Youngs
Cole, Brookes, Wilson(D)
Launchbury, Lawes, Kitchener, Attwood
BillyV, Kvesic, Morgan, Robshaw, Itoje, Fraser
Youngs, Care, Simpson
Ford, Farrell, Cipriani
Slade, Joseph, Manu, Daly
Watson, Brown, May, Nowell, Wade, Yarde


Notes:
Players in Bold were in everyones first team squad.
Itoje was selected as both 2nd and Back row. His combined total was below the second rows listed. Dave Ewers was the next highest ranked Back rower.
Foden was the next ranked FB if we wanted a second specialist.

LondonTiger
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 23485
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 23 Nov 2015, 6:54 pm

So no consistency on the hookers then?

HammerofThunor

Posts : 10471
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Hull, England - Originally Potteries

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by nathan Mon 23 Nov 2015, 7:09 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:So no consistency on the hookers then?


It's a very open spot, t. Youngs has a few throwing issues. Hartley has discipline issues and George is still unknown at international level

nathan

Posts : 10952
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 23 Nov 2015, 7:16 pm

Decent squad. Need to retrain JJ or Manu as a 12 though for it
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Posts : 18707
Join date : 2011-12-23
Age : 32
Location : London, UK

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by GeordieFalcon Mon 23 Nov 2015, 8:56 pm

So O'Conner, Nathan Hughes, Roko, Hartley, Billy V, Manu etc etc

We could have a team with the same accent as Jones to make him feel at home....

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 23890
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by nathan Mon 23 Nov 2015, 9:16 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:So O'Conner, Nathan Hughes, Roko, Hartley, Billy V, Manu etc etc

We could have a team with the same accent as Jones to make him feel at home....
In fairness, Manu has a Hinckley accent lol

nathan

Posts : 10952
Join date : 2011-06-14
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 23 Nov 2015, 9:52 pm

And Billy V certainly doesn't have an Antepodian accent
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Posts : 18707
Join date : 2011-12-23
Age : 32
Location : London, UK

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by LondonTiger Mon 23 Nov 2015, 10:43 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:And Billy V certainly doesn't have an Antepodian accent

Nor does he have the Welsh accent Mako has Very Happy

LondonTiger
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 23485
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by LondonTiger Mon 23 Nov 2015, 11:22 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:So no consistency on the hookers then?

Well there was really. Both Hartley and George were rated 1 or 2 by all but one respondent. Each had a poster (different) who dropped them to third choice.

More interestingly, the most common selection of first choice locks was Launchbury & Kitchener. however one person did not consider Kitch among England's best 9 players in the position, so Lawes scored marginally higher through consistency of selection.

There was also no real consistency in who people wanted at 6. Robshaw scored the highest, followed by Ewers and Itoje/Haskell - but the second row votes got Itoje into the boards squad.


Of course if done now there would be big changes - but we can wait till after Euro round 4 to try again Very Happy

LondonTiger
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 23485
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 24 Nov 2015, 12:39 am

LondonTiger wrote:
HammerofThunor wrote:So no consistency on the hookers then?

Well there was really. Both Hartley and George were rated 1 or 2 by all but one respondent. Each had a poster (different) who dropped them to third choice.

More interestingly, the most common selection of first choice locks was Launchbury & Kitchener. however one person did not consider Kitch among England's best 9 players in the position, so Lawes scored marginally higher through consistency of selection.

There was also no real consistency in who people wanted at 6. Robshaw scored the highest, followed by Ewers and Itoje/Haskell - but the second row votes got Itoje into the boards squad.


Of course if done now there would be big changes - but we can wait till after Euro round 4 to try again Very Happy

Sorry, I completely forgot about Kitchener...
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Posts : 18707
Join date : 2011-12-23
Age : 32
Location : London, UK

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 24 Nov 2015, 12:40 am

He would be ahead of Stooke at the very least for a place in my 3 squads certainly, probably a fair bit up the list


Last edited by ChequeredJersey on Tue 24 Nov 2015, 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Posts : 18707
Join date : 2011-12-23
Age : 32
Location : London, UK

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 24 Nov 2015, 12:45 am

LondonTiger wrote:so 11 people had a go and 115 different players were selected. We can rerun this after the next set of euro games, but as it stands our EPS would be:

Marler, Mako, Mullan
Hartley, George, Youngs
Cole, Brookes, Wilson(D)
Launchbury, Lawes, Kitchener, Attwood
BillyV, Kvesic, Morgan, Robshaw, Itoje, Fraser
Youngs, Care, Simpson
Ford, Farrell, Cipriani
Slade, Joseph, Manu, Daly
Watson, Brown, May, Nowell, Wade, Yarde


Notes:
Players in Bold were in everyones first team squad.
Itoje was selected as both 2nd and Back row. His combined total was below the second rows listed. Dave Ewers was the next highest ranked Back rower.
Foden was the next ranked FB if we wanted a second specialist.

With Watson and Daly and Cipriani covering 15, don't need a specialist
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Posts : 18707
Join date : 2011-12-23
Age : 32
Location : London, UK

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by Tiger/Chief Tue 24 Nov 2015, 9:26 am

Vunipola
Hartley
Brookes
Itoje
Launcberry
Croft
O'Conner
Vunipola
Care
Ford
Nowell
Tuilagi
Slade
Watson
Brown

Cole
Cowan-Dickie
Marler
Lawes
Ewers
Morgan
Simpson
Farrell
Joseph

Mullan
George
Corbs
Attwood
Kitchener
Robshaw
Fraser
Waldrom
Youngs
Cipraini
Wade
Hill
Daly
Yarde
Goode



Tiger/Chief

Posts : 250
Join date : 2012-10-24

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by GeordieFalcon Tue 24 Nov 2015, 10:11 am

Going purely on this weekends games you cant leave Auterac and Henry Thomas out?

Indeed Thomas looked very impressive whilst Auterac was MOM.

And Mullan will challenge for starting spot if he continues his form.

Its going to be great to monitor everyones form over the next month or so.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 23890
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by doctor_grey Tue 24 Nov 2015, 10:44 am

bluestonevedder wrote:Fair enough.

I think if the world cup has shown us one thing, it's that at the elite level, players need to offer more than just being workhorses. Wood and Robshaw initially looked great paired together because they simply outworked other backrows. At the world cup though, other teams and players raised their game and their 'x-factors' became the point of difference. We simply didn't have another level to go to. Pocock, Warburton, Hooper, and Hardie's breakdown work became their point of difference. Kaino, Burger, and Fardy offered uncompromising physicality and carrying. Wood and Robshaw were maxed out.
In fairness to Wood and Robshaw, we have already agreed there was something likely in training which underpowered the entire pack. This would impact not just the scrums but all aspects of play in which strength, speed, and quick reactions are needed. So I don't think we should judge the physicals of any of the forwards based upon the RWC.

I would bet Robshaw is coming back playing for Quins. Wood has just had two excellent games for Saints, his best two games in a long time, by the way.

doctor_grey

Posts : 9414
Join date : 2011-04-30

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by bluestonevedder Tue 24 Nov 2015, 11:04 am

I've said for a long time that Henry Thomas deserves to be in the EPS. He's had a few caps here and there, but he deserves a proper shot. Very underrated scrummager in my opinion.

bluestonevedder

Posts : 3952
Join date : 2011-08-22

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by GeordieFalcon Tue 24 Nov 2015, 11:19 am

It looks like Thomas's time at Bath is worthwhile...Mr Booth is improving his scrummaging no end certainly on that performance.

Of course its just one game.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 23890
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by king_carlos Tue 24 Nov 2015, 3:59 pm

After the RWC a few of us suggested that Thomas might surpass Wilson for club and country this season. I think that's now happening even quicker than expected.

He's always been a strong carrier with excellent handling skills. Since working with Booth and some experienced props at Bath he seems to have really developed his scrummaging as well.

Personally I'd have him ahead of Brookes as well as Davey Wilson now.

king_carlos

Posts : 7673
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Ankh-Morpork

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by king_carlos Tue 24 Nov 2015, 4:06 pm

One issue with the props is whether we take 3 loose heads or 3 tight heads?

The EPS usually only has room for 5 props so you end up with two of one and three of the other.

LH - Marler, Mako, Mullan, Auterac, Waller

TH - Cole, Thomas, Brookes

Given how well Mullan is playing it would be a tough call to leave him out but doing so with only 2 LHs would mean probably dropping Mako - also harsh IMO.

Only 2 THs on the other hand would mean picking between Thomas and Brookes - both are playing well at the minute. Or dropping Cole, which personally I'd view as throwing the baby out with the bath water given we want continuity where possible.

king_carlos

Posts : 7673
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Ankh-Morpork

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by doctor_grey Tue 24 Nov 2015, 7:04 pm

king_carlos wrote:One issue with the props is whether we take 3 loose heads or 3 tight heads?

The EPS usually only has room for 5 props so you end up with two of one and three of the other.

LH - Marler, Mako, Mullan, Auterac, Waller

TH - Cole, Thomas, Brookes

Given how well Mullan is playing it would be a tough call to leave him out but doing so with only 2 LHs would mean probably dropping Mako - also harsh IMO.

Only 2 THs on the other hand would mean picking between Thomas and Brookes - both are playing well at the minute. Or dropping Cole, which personally I'd view as throwing the baby out with the bath water given we want continuity where possible.
Is that the EPS which is limited to 5 propos? Or just the RWC roster which was limited to 31 players in total? I'm not sure, but I think the EPS is larger than the RWC squad. Hope so..........

doctor_grey

Posts : 9414
Join date : 2011-04-30

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 24 Nov 2015, 10:14 pm

Cole is looking better again at Tigers isn't he?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Posts : 18707
Join date : 2011-12-23
Age : 32
Location : London, UK

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by LondonTiger Tue 24 Nov 2015, 10:43 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Cole is looking better again at Tigers isn't he?

Depends who you listen to. The typical Saint's fan (WPI Wink) will tell you he has been rubbish.

But I am happy with him so far. 3 starts since the WC against Wasps, Exeter and Stade. Leicester were clearly superior at scrum time against the first and last, but struggled a little with Exeter. Primarily this was in the LH side where stand-in Balmain struggled with Francis, but the whole pack should shoulder responsibility.

Is he at his best? No.

Is he close? Probably not yet.

Is he playing better than he did at the RWC? Most definitely yes.


This sunday will be informative. Ayerza, Youngs & cole vs Auterac, Webber and Thomas.

LondonTiger
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 23485
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by doctor_grey Wed 25 Nov 2015, 9:18 am

LondonTiger wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:Cole is looking better again at Tigers isn't he?

Depends who you listen to. The typical Saint's fan (WPI Wink) will tell you he has been rubbish.

But I am happy with him so far. 3 starts since the WC against Wasps, Exeter and Stade. Leicester were clearly superior at scrum time against the first and last, but struggled a little with Exeter. Primarily this was in the LH side where stand-in Balmain struggled with Francis, but the whole pack should shoulder responsibility.

Is he at his best?  No.

Is he close? Probably not yet.

Is he playing better than he did at the RWC? Most definitely yes.

This sunday will be informative. Ayerza, Youngs & cole vs Auterac, Webber and Thomas.
The game against Bath should be a real good one.  I thought Cole looked pretty god against Wasps.  Didn't see the match against Exe, and I don't know what we can read into the Stade match.  

We Saints fans do look north across the border with a bit of suspicion.  Kind of like South Korea looking north across the DMZ.   We know Tigers manipulate the referees, the media, the crowds, the schools, and the police.  How could we lose there otherwise?  My old man, who has 50 years in various forms of Foreign Service, has the pedigree to know something is amiss when he sees it.  He lives in Market Harborough, virtually on the border crossing, and watches, observes, and reports back.  Do you ever see Richard Cockerill and Kim Jong Il together?  Ever?  Since Tigers control the media, almost nothing ever gets reported in the mainstream media.  But WE know, I tell you.  WE know.

doctor_grey

Posts : 9414
Join date : 2011-04-30

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 25 Nov 2015, 9:21 am

I thought Cole looked good against Wasps but I didn't think your scrum was superior. I think it was Balmain on the LH side? Who got pinged numerous times.

Sgt_Pooly
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 34774
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by GeordieFalcon Wed 25 Nov 2015, 10:27 am

Do people actually think there will be many changes to the pack for the 6n.

I would have said there wont be and yet Rod Kafer who seems to know Eddie very well, said quite clearly that many of the side that went to the WC were not the type of players that Eddie would have taken. So given he still has 2 months give or take to assess whats available to him we may see a few changes.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 23890
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns Empty Re: 606 Selects Englands EPS for 2016 6Ns

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum