The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

should f1 have 2 tyre suppliers

5 posters

Go down

2 tyre suppliers in f1?

should f1 have 2 tyre suppliers  Vote_lcap71%should f1 have 2 tyre suppliers  Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 5 ]
should f1 have 2 tyre suppliers  Vote_lcap29%should f1 have 2 tyre suppliers  Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 7

should f1 have 2 tyre suppliers  Empty should f1 have 2 tyre suppliers

Post by Fernando Wed 01 Jun 2011, 10:24 pm

i always found f1 more interesting when their was 2 suppliers and not just pirelli.

it means people worked out different strategies and certain tires would only last so long.

why not go back to 2 suppliers ?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

should f1 have 2 tyre suppliers  Empty Re: should f1 have 2 tyre suppliers

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Thu 02 Jun 2011, 8:48 am

Bonjourno,

The people of Monza agree that F1 right now should not have 2 tyre manufacturers. Pirelli, as sole tyre manufacturer can dictate the tyre degradation without fear of competition producing tyres that will easily last longer than their own and we, the viewers can continue to watch high drama!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo_55 Thu 02 Jun 2011, 1:14 pm

Tyres are one of the most important components of an F1 car, F1 is about competition and there should be competition on tyres as well as all other packages.

Theo_55

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Thu 02 Jun 2011, 1:34 pm

I agree. There should be two tyre manufactures. Competition is key. I think there was even talk of having two for this season but that never happened.

I would also like to see the 'prime' tyre rule scrapped. I don't mind them having hard and soft compounds but let the drivers and teams pick which tyres to use relevant to the different tracks and strategy. That would mean the standard of tyres would need improving on this year's though.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 02 Jun 2011, 3:24 pm

Alessandro Ciambella wrote:Bonjourno,

The people of Monza agree that F1 right now should not have 2 tyre manufacturers. Pirelli, as sole tyre manufacturer can dictate the tyre degradation without fear of competition producing tyres that will easily last longer than their own and we, the viewers can continue to watch high drama!

being an alonso fan id thought you'd welcome 2 suppliers considering the ferrari sucks on the prime tyres this year

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Thu 02 Jun 2011, 4:24 pm

Tut tut! We, the people of Monza know that Formula 1 is not only about Ferrari and Fernando. BUT it is also about the other auxiliary teams and drivers as well.

If you have 2 tyre manufacturers then you can kiss goodbye to the synthetic racing that we are seeing this year. Why would another tyre company want to come in and make another type of tyre that is designed to degrade after 60 miles? Last year’s tyre specifications then yes, we would welcome the 'Tyre War.' In this climate I am afraid that is pure fantasy.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu 02 Jun 2011, 4:46 pm

I'm not a fan of the current system of 'prime' and 'option' tyres and the fact that these are essentially control tyres - however, you have to agree that this season the rapid tyre degradation has made the races more interesting.

If F1 was to go back to two tyre suppliers, we'd probably end up with tyres as quick as the current soft tyres but with much lower wear characteristics, allowing them to go an entire race - while this would be amazing from a technological perspective, it would detract from the racing unless you very radically changed the cars.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down