The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wlad v Fury faceoff - Embarrassing !!

+11
Hammersmith harrier
AdamT
3fingers
CallMeBenji
mobilemaster8
AZZJ44
hampo17
TopHat24/7
Rodney
Derbymanc
TRUSSMAN66
15 posters

Go down

Wlad v Fury faceoff - Embarrassing !! Empty Wlad v Fury faceoff - Embarrassing !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:57 am

As If the Haye-Wlad one wasn't bad enough.......The sad thing about Tyson is he's a complete idiot but doesn't know it....

Poor old Wlad had to sit there 30 minutes staring at a numpty....

As usual Wlad showed class, intelligence, dignity and manners....(Momma klitty certainly brought her boys up well !!)

Saying that...Still hope Fury wins..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Wlad v Fury faceoff - Embarrassing !! Empty Re: Wlad v Fury faceoff - Embarrassing !!

Post by Derbymanc Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:14 am

I have a vague recollection of seeing this or hearing something about it Saturday/Sunday. Have got to the point where I can't actually watch Fury's interviews etc as he's starting to come across really badly again (I had started to warm to him with the crap from Haye and the singing etc)

Think he's just a bit lost and trying to find a bigger name for himself as his boxing alone won't do it. Would like Wlad to retain though as don't think another average champ will help matters.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Wlad v Fury faceoff - Embarrassing !! Empty Re: Wlad v Fury faceoff - Embarrassing !!

Post by Rodney Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:38 am

Depends on how serious you take Fury - I like him he says things pretty tongue in cheek - haven't heard a bad word about him outside of boxing, seems to be a nice chap apparently. Breath of fresh air putting himself on the line - certainly better than usual tripe of "Hard, Work, Dedication" and the word "Blueprint" we got used to hear every 6 months.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:41 am

Am warming to Fury actually, fun foil for Wlad's stoic boringness. Like the Batman bit and genuinely think Wald faked his injury to re-attain to control.

Would love to see Fury really go for it and cause Wlad some difficulties, then get knocked out.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:38 pm

Like Rodders sags, it all depends how much you believe of it. Having interviewed Tyson a few times for this site along side Adam, he's a completely different person away from the camera.

He knows exactly what to do to get people talking about both him and his upcoming fight.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AZZJ44 Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:50 pm

Tyson even said himself that he's an idiot. He knows that he is and plays up to it. Seems like it's all a laugh to him and at least he's genuine about it.

My father seems to think that Tyson will surprise people in this fight. He thinks Fury's being underestimated. I disagreed with him and can't see Tyson lasting more than 3 rounds but he normally knows the score.

Aside from win (can't see that happening) what would Fury have to do in this fight to impress his detractors?

AZZJ44

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:58 pm

PaulHv2 wrote:Like Rodders sags, it all depends how much you believe of it. Having interviewed Tyson a few times for this site along side Adam, he's a completely different person away from the camera.

He knows exactly what to do to get people talking about both him and his upcoming fight.

I'm not talking about the crap he spouts.......Talking about how he tries to get his points across and how stupid he is...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:59 pm

AZZJ44 wrote:Tyson even said himself that he's an idiot. He knows that he is and plays up to it. Seems like it's all a laugh to him and at least he's genuine about it.

My father seems to think that Tyson will surprise people in this fight. He thinks Fury's being underestimated. I disagreed with him and can't see Tyson lasting more than 3 rounds but he normally knows the score.

Aside from win (can't see that happening) what would Fury have to do in this fight to impress his detractors?

He wasn't laughing when Klit said Haye would knock him out...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:42 pm

Have WOULD knock him out.

Wlad is also going to knock him out in 6 days and I can't wait.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:13 pm

Let's just hope they both make it to the ring..

It's a Fury fight we are talking about.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeBenji Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:16 pm

I have to admit, I like the guy.

To say that he's completely embarrassing etc based on some of his (admittedly fairly looney) interviews means that you're ignoring the others where he speaks calmly and actually sounds quite knowledgeable. I'm not saying that he's the next Angelo Dundee, I just think that his true personality is probably at the calmer end of the spectrum. Mayweather (sorry for bringing him up) invented the "Money" persona and it didn't do his career any harm. Why can't Fury follow the blueprint (sorry again)?

I want him to win. He's a Brit, he gets people talking, and no further amount of Klitchko defences is going to tell us anything else about him that we don't already know (unless (a) Joshua ends up being the beast of a heavyweight that we hope he is, and (b) Klitchko sticks around to fight him and wins - I doubt he would do either).

Klitchko's legacy is pretty much all it's ever going to be. Time for someone else to carve one out.

In terms of the fight - we've seen Fury go down but never truly hurt. Cunningham wound his shot up from the back of the arena and Fury was still up fairly quickly. Wlad's power is obviously a different kettle of fish but I think Fury's resilience and toughness might surprise some.

I think Fury will try to box from range early and it won't work. He'll get caught flush and probably suffer a knockdown. He'll then revert to type a bit more and try and rough Wlad up but it won't be enough.

I predict a points win for Wlad but he'll have to work harder for it than he has in any other fight for quite a while.

CallMeBenji

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:21 pm

When he speaks calmly and sensibly he still comes across as an idiot...

I don't mind Batman and all that.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:28 pm

I can never understand "want him to win coz he's a brit" 

So what, he popped out of his mother's front bum within a thousand miles of you popping out your mother's. Can't understand the affinity.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:32 pm

I think Fury is going to shock a lot of people.

I don't think he will win, but I agree with CallmeBenji. I think it will be competitive.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:33 pm

3fingers wrote:I can never understand "want him to win coz he's a brit" 

Especially as he identifies primarily as Irish anyway.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:37 pm

I'm Irish and I back the majority of Brits.

I think The English are a good nationality. It has it's c..ts like every nation, but overall the vast majority are good people.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:42 pm

Irish or Northern Irish (which is part of GB)?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:44 pm

Northern Irish, but born down South.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:44 pm

We are technically part of UK, but same thing mate.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:48 pm

Fury a nice guy outside of boxing, that's a good one.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:05 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Fury a nice guy outside of boxing, that's a good one.

You know otherwise or course - smartar5e
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:06 pm

Comes across as a bell toss but he punches people in the face for a living. What do you want from him?

I think he's a daft minge but I don't want to go for a pint with him, just want to see him punch some other stranger in the mouth for a few rounds.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:13 pm

AdamT wrote:Northern Irish, but born down South.

Okey doke. Wasn't trying to needle, just getting my story straigh. I'd say born in Eire meant you're Irish, nice that you support the Brits, I like to support the Irish based on parental lineage - though I'm 'born & bred' British myself.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:14 pm

Rodney wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Fury a nice guy outside of boxing, that's a good one.

You know otherwise or course - smartar5e

You would be very correct there.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:28 pm

Wlad will carry him for 8 rounds then finish him. They don't like quick stoppages in Germany.

Fury might earn a bit from fighting Joshua after but he will have to reign it in a lot with some humble pie afterSaturday

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:45 pm

No bother Toppy. I am both Irish and Uk citizen. We can have dual citizenship.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:11 pm

That why you're able to compete in the Olympics under either banner?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:28 pm

What Adam isn't telling you is that he switched nationalities when he couldn't beat Strongback's Irish schools squat record!

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:45 pm

Ronnie coleman couldn't beat that..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:48 pm

Haha I guess so. It isn't a problem, because I haven't the talent to represent any country.

I qualify to play for all home nations barring Wales. Grandfather Scottish and Grandmother born in England.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:49 pm

Correction great grandmother so don't qualify.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeBenji Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:38 pm

3fingers wrote:I can never understand "want him to win coz he's a brit" 

So what, he popped out of his mother's front bum within a thousand miles of you popping out your mother's. Can't understand the affinity.

It doesn't apply across the board for me - I didn't particularly want Murray to beat GGG for instance (not wishing to dig up that debate again however), but on occasions I do want the Brit to win and this is one of them. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Boxing is obviously more of an individual sport but it's not often we have a Brit fighting for the heavyweight title. I think it's perfectly reasonable to want a fellow countryman to do well.

CallMeBenji

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:13 pm

It wasn't directed at you specifically CMB, thanks for the reply though. I agree, there's nothing wrong in cheering on a countrymen - I just don't understand it. Same with football rivalries.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:38 pm

Tribal thing fingers, people stick together in packs for comfort and safety... A feeling of belonging. It extends to nationality due to empathy with people you see as similar to yourself.

If you genuinely can't relate to it, you're one of life's cats, where most are dogs. Did I say dogs? I meant sheep obviously.

I'm mostly a sheep, I'll cheer for my country in any team sport. The lines are blurred on individual sports where personal likes and dislikes cloud the issue but all things being equal I'll cheer for the Brit.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:44 pm

Interesting take. Genuinely can't understand it.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:13 pm

If Brits had anything to be proud of...You might think differently.. Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:21 pm

Trust me Truss, the fact you're American is a source of ongoing and immense pride.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:17 pm

What rowley means truss, is that we're so proud that someone like you, who we all look up to, would choose this little old country of ours to live in....

Even if you're only here because your wife made you...

So she could get some action with some real men.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:20 pm

AdamT wrote:Haha I guess so. It isn't a problem, because I haven't the talent to represent any country.

I qualify to play for all home nations barring Wales. Grandfather Scottish and Grandmother born in England.

Strogback qualifies for all home nations just by being stronback!

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:50 am

He could play Rugby for New Zeland with a Bosnian passport!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down