The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

+34
broadlandboy
R!skysports
LondonTiger
Sgt_Pooly
Rugby Fan
Poorfour
Dubbelyew L Overate
XR
Cyril
wolfball
Seagultaf
formerly known as Sam
Chunky Norwich
Golden
LeinsterFan4life
George Carlin
Scottrf
ScarletSpiderman
bedfordwelsh
geoff999rugby
Pot Hale
mikey_dragon
VinceWLB
HammerofThunor
No 7&1/2
SecretFly
Sin é
The Great Aukster
yappysnap
Exiledinborders
TJ
lostinwales
LordDowlais
TightHEAD
38 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by TightHEAD Mon 23 Nov 2015, 4:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

Great to see this competition throwing up some great games in only its 2nd season.

Just goes to show what the HC could have been.

Great stuff and long may it continue. thumbsup
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Posts : 6192
Join date : 2014-09-25
Age : 61
Location : Brexit Island.

Back to top Go down


Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 26 Nov 2015, 3:48 pm

A fair call Risky, but I go back to would it be any different there under the old cup?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 27817
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by LordDowlais Thu 26 Nov 2015, 4:14 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:A fair call Risky, but I go back to would it be any different there under the old cup?

Yes there would be more mediocre Pro12 clubs and less mediocre English and French clubs.

LordDowlais

Posts : 15419
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by Scottrf Thu 26 Nov 2015, 4:33 pm

Wasps finished outside the top 4 and smashed Toulon.

We don't need more of the Pro 12 teams.

Scottrf

Posts : 14298
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by SecretFly Thu 26 Nov 2015, 4:52 pm

Welcome to the aqe of Giant Smashers.... the milk is in the fridge and we left an apple tart that isn't finished in the press beside the door leading to the hall.

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by Sin é Thu 26 Nov 2015, 5:09 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
In the end we have two broadcasters because all the participants wanted the huge amount offered by BT, while the Pro12 countries could not afford to be sued by Sky.

That is just nonsense.

1. BT Sport bribed the SRU for their vote (by sponsoring pretty much everything that moves in Scottish rugby) - that is what swung it. Absolutely no benefit to any other PRO12 country from the new deal (though Welsh Regions also received sponsorship for their teams).

2. The RFU & FFR had also agreed to the Sky deal as Board members of the ERC. In fact, the greatest champion of the Heineken Cup was a Frenchman and chairman of the ERC.

3. Sky Sports would not have sued the Unions - after all they have lots of other lucractive fish to fry such as Lions Tour, Six Nations broadcasting outside UK & Ireland etc. etc.


Sin é
Sin é

Posts : 13725
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by Pot Hale Thu 26 Nov 2015, 5:25 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:A fair call Risky, but I go back to would it be any different there under the old cup?

To be contrary, I wouldn't go back to the old cup version, because there were obvious inequities within it.

So no point in attempting to go back to that.

The question about whether the new version is/will be successful has to be treated separately. And what criteria are used to measure its success.

Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 7675
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 60
Location : North East

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by broadlandboy Thu 26 Nov 2015, 5:43 pm

Sin é BT also sponser Ulster & the Welsh regions

broadlandboy

Posts : 1134
Join date : 2011-09-21

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by The Great Aukster Thu 26 Nov 2015, 8:45 pm

Don't think BT are that interested in sponsoring Irish sides because they would have to change their name to B&IT.

The Great Aukster

Posts : 5246
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 26 Nov 2015, 8:51 pm

Sin é wrote:
1. BT Sport bribed the SRU for their vote


I'm really surprised that forum administrators allow this kind of posting to continue. It's massively libelous.

Chunky Norwich

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2011-12-08
Location : Location: Location:

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by HammerofThunor Thu 26 Nov 2015, 9:18 pm

The Great Aukster wrote:Don't think BT are that interested in sponsoring Irish sides because they would have to change their name to B&IT.

Have something against The letters B and T? BT owns British Telecommunications but they're bigger than that. They operate in 170 countries.

HammerofThunor

Posts : 10471
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Hull, England - Originally Potteries

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 26 Nov 2015, 9:23 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:
1. BT Sport bribed the SRU for their vote


I'm really surprised that forum administrators allow this kind of posting to continue. It's massively libelous.

Nice to see Sin being very careful not to slag off any of the pro12 members, as it will reduce the leagues marketability.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Posts : 9931
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 38
Location : Pembs

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by SecretFly Thu 26 Nov 2015, 9:41 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:
1. BT Sport bribed the SRU for their vote


I'm really surprised that forum administrators allow this kind of posting to continue. It's massively libelous.

Nice to see Sin being very careful not to slag off any of the pro12 members, as it will reduce the leagues marketability.

... oh that's in the gutter already, Scarlet. The Campaign for B&I is already seeing to that. The members of that club don't need Sin joining them.

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by Pot Hale Thu 26 Nov 2015, 11:38 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:
1. BT Sport bribed the SRU for their vote


I'm really surprised that forum administrators allow this kind of posting to continue. It's massively libelous.

Nice to see Sin being very careful not to slag off any of the pro12 members, as it will reduce the leagues marketability.

The irony that you've captured two posters with your one quote is not lost on me. Very well done. OK
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 7675
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 60
Location : North East

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by Exiledinborders Fri 27 Nov 2015, 7:45 am

Sin é wrote:

1. BT Sport bribed the SRU for their vote (by sponsoring pretty much everything that moves in Scottish rugby) - that is what swung it. Absolutely no benefit to any other PRO12 country from the new deal (though Welsh Regions also received sponsorship for their teams).


Can you tell me why Ulster have BT logos on their shirts?

Exiledinborders

Posts : 1645
Join date : 2012-03-18
Location : Scottish Borders

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by Sin é Fri 27 Nov 2015, 9:27 am

broadlandboy wrote:Sin é BT also sponser Ulster & the Welsh regions

Not to the same extent as Scottish Rugby. I don't think Irish/Ulster Rugby would sell their vote to BT for a shoulder logo placement (which they have had for a number of years now anyway).

Sin é
Sin é

Posts : 13725
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by Sin é Fri 27 Nov 2015, 9:31 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:
1. BT Sport bribed the SRU for their vote


I'm really surprised that forum administrators allow this kind of posting to continue. It's massively libelous.

The Mods have been immunised now from your constant 'libelous' comments about Irish Rugby/IRFU etc. Rolling Eyes
Sin é
Sin é

Posts : 13725
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by Sin é Fri 27 Nov 2015, 9:34 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:
1. BT Sport bribed the SRU for their vote


I'm really surprised that forum administrators allow this kind of posting to continue. It's massively libelous.

Nice to see Sin being very careful not to slag off any of the pro12 members, as it will reduce the leagues marketability.

I'm not slagging off the league. I'm making sure the record is straight on what actually happened.
Sin é
Sin é

Posts : 13725
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by Sin é Fri 27 Nov 2015, 9:36 am

The Great Aukster wrote:Don't think BT are that interested in sponsoring Irish sides because they would have to change their name to B&IT.

They offered to buy the IRFU vote by sponsoring all the Irish sides. The IRFU turned them down.
Sin é
Sin é

Posts : 13725
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 27 Nov 2015, 9:38 am

Ah, so anyone who has got any sponsorship has been bought.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 27817
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by Sin é Fri 27 Nov 2015, 9:44 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Ah, so anyone who has got any sponsorship has been bought.

BT Sport declined to tender for the broadcasting rights to the PRO12. About a year later they are sponsoring most the teams & stadiums.
They tried to sponsor Irish teams (even though BT has very little business in ROI).

All this sponsorship offers came about when the Spivs were destroying the Heineken Cup and the SRU changed their vote to go with the Spivs.




Sin é
Sin é

Posts : 13725
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by geoff999rugby Fri 27 Nov 2015, 9:48 am

No because the sponsorship on the Ulster shirts is worth peanuts and has no impact on decision making at Ulster or the IRFU.

Unpalatable as it may seem it is quite clear the SRU were brought by BT to come onside

geoff999rugby

Posts : 5256
Join date : 2012-01-19

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by LordDowlais Fri 27 Nov 2015, 9:50 am

Sin é wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Ah, so anyone who has got any sponsorship has been bought.

BT Sport declined to tender for the broadcasting rights to the PRO12. About a year later they are sponsoring most the teams & stadiums.
They tried to sponsor Irish teams (even though BT has very little business in ROI).

All this sponsorship offers came about when the Spivs were destroying the Heineken Cup  and the SRU changed their vote to go with the Spivs.





I would like to think that your fellow countrymen, munchkin, marty, secretfly et al, are going to come on here and call you a tin hatted conspiracy theorist now. After all you cannot come up with these unfounded accusations without any evidence. When we mention things like this about the Pro12, that is the abuse we get, so I would like to see some consistency at least. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Posts : 15419
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by LordDowlais Fri 27 Nov 2015, 9:51 am

geoff999rugby wrote:No because the sponsorship on the Ulster shirts is worth peanuts and has no impact on decision making at Ulster or the IRFU.

Unpalatable as it may seem it is quite clear the SRU were brought by BT to come onside

How very tin hatted.

LordDowlais

Posts : 15419
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 27 Nov 2015, 9:58 am

Who are the Irish owned by now?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 27817
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 27 Nov 2015, 9:59 am

geoff999rugby wrote:

Unpalatable as it may seem it is quite clear the SRU were brought by BT to come onside

Makes you wonder what else they would be "on side" with, should BT Sport and their friends conjure up something else.

Chunky Norwich

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2011-12-08
Location : Location: Location:

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by geoff999rugby Fri 27 Nov 2015, 10:02 am

LordDowlais wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:No because the sponsorship on the Ulster shirts is worth peanuts and has no impact on decision making at Ulster or the IRFU.

Unpalatable as it may seem it is quite clear the SRU were brought by BT to come onside

How very tin hatted.

In what way ?????????????????

geoff999rugby

Posts : 5256
Join date : 2012-01-19

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by geoff999rugby Fri 27 Nov 2015, 10:03 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Who are the Irish owned by now?

There not.

They are a Union run organisation.
For sure have an eye for a commercial arrangement but no outside body dictates policy

geoff999rugby

Posts : 5256
Join date : 2012-01-19

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by Sin é Fri 27 Nov 2015, 10:04 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Sin é wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Ah, so anyone who has got any sponsorship has been bought.

BT Sport declined to tender for the broadcasting rights to the PRO12. About a year later they are sponsoring most the teams & stadiums.
They tried to sponsor Irish teams (even though BT has very little business in ROI).

All this sponsorship offers came about when the Spivs were destroying the Heineken Cup  and the SRU changed their vote to go with the Spivs.





I would like to think that your fellow countrymen, munchkin, marty, secretfly et al, are going to come on here and call you a tin hatted conspiracy theorist now. After all you cannot come up with these unfounded accusations without any evidence. When we mention things like this about the Pro12, that is the abuse we get, so I would like to see some consistency at least. Rolling Eyes

There is plenty of evidence that BT bought the SRU's vote.
Sin é
Sin é

Posts : 13725
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 27 Nov 2015, 10:04 am

geoff999rugby wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Who are the Irish owned by now?

There not.

They are a Union run organisation.
For sure have an eye for a commercial arrangement but no outside body dictates policy

Well they obviously are if they have sponsors; do they not have sponsors?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 27817
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 27 Nov 2015, 10:09 am

Sin é wrote:

There is plenty of evidence that BT bought the SRU's vote.

I can't wait to see this one. Please show us this evidence that shows the SRU were bribed. Thanks.

Someobody pass the popcorn.

Chunky Norwich

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2011-12-08
Location : Location: Location:

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by geoff999rugby Fri 27 Nov 2015, 10:10 am

In April 2014 the European dispute was resolved.

In the following month BT and the SRU announced a  £20 naming rights deal for Murrayfield.
The following year a £3.6 million shirt sponsorship deal was announced

Between January 2014 and April 2014 the SRU did a complete U-turn on their position with respect to the outcome of the European situation

Draw your own conclusion.

geoff999rugby

Posts : 5256
Join date : 2012-01-19

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by LordDowlais Fri 27 Nov 2015, 10:10 am

geoff999rugby wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:No because the sponsorship on the Ulster shirts is worth peanuts and has no impact on decision making at Ulster or the IRFU.

Unpalatable as it may seem it is quite clear the SRU were brought by BT to come onside

How very tin hatted.

In what way ?????????????????

Well you are conjuring up something that is not true. If it is then show us the proof.

Look, I do not mean to have a go, but the abuse people on here have been given from our Irish members when we suggest the same things in the Pro12 is unbelievable. There are so much double standards here, I just want the same people to come out and rubbish these claims as well.

LordDowlais

Posts : 15419
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 27 Nov 2015, 10:12 am

geoff999rugby wrote:In April 2014 the European dispute was resolved.

In the following month BT and the SRU announced a  £20 naming rights deal for Murrayfield.
The following year a £3.6 million shirt sponsorship deal was announced

Between January 2014 and April 2014 the SRU did a complete U-turn on their position with respect to the outcome of the European situation

Draw your own conclusion.

And this is evidence?

Very Happy Very Happy I've been hounded on these boards for coming up with stuff like that.

"Show me the meeting minutes" is the usual response. Very Happy

Chunky Norwich

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2011-12-08
Location : Location: Location:

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by LordDowlais Fri 27 Nov 2015, 10:13 am

Sin é wrote:There is plenty of evidence that BT bought the SRU's vote.

There always enough evidence to manipulate your ends, plenty of evidence was shown by chunky and phill on the Pro12 debate, but they were still dismissed with a tap of a keyboard.

I am waiting for your fellow countrymen to do the same with this beauty.

LordDowlais

Posts : 15419
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 27 Nov 2015, 10:14 am

So anyone sponsored is accepting bribes. Interesting geoff. Who bribe the Irish then?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 27817
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by geoff999rugby Fri 27 Nov 2015, 10:16 am

Why do you think the SRU did a U-turn ?

To suggest the £20 million had nothing to do with in not believable

What is in the minutes is the SRU supporting the IRFU and WRU position in January and not in April

geoff999rugby

Posts : 5256
Join date : 2012-01-19

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 27 Nov 2015, 10:18 am

geoff999rugby wrote:Why do you think the SRU did a U-turn ?

Because they have sense.

Chunky Norwich

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2011-12-08
Location : Location: Location:

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 27 Nov 2015, 10:18 am

Who do the irish teams get sponsored/bribed by?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 27817
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by geoff999rugby Fri 27 Nov 2015, 10:19 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Who do the irish teams get sponsored/bribed by?

They have sponsors those sponsors do not dictate policy - it is really very simple

geoff999rugby

Posts : 5256
Join date : 2012-01-19

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 27 Nov 2015, 10:20 am

Yes they do it's obvious. Who are they taking bribes from?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 27817
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by Cyril Fri 27 Nov 2015, 10:21 am

So, the Irish are brilliant and everyone else is wrong/crooked?

geoff, you really need to change the record and/or get some perspective.

Cyril

Posts : 7162
Join date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by geoff999rugby Fri 27 Nov 2015, 10:21 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:Why do you think the SRU did a U-turn ?

Because they have sense.

Which came to them in a flash of inspiration there just happened to be £20 million inside Very Happy

geoff999rugby

Posts : 5256
Join date : 2012-01-19

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by LordDowlais Fri 27 Nov 2015, 10:22 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Yes they do it's obvious. Who are they taking bribes from?

Guinness is as Irish as anything. The Harp is even on Leinsters crest. So there you go, keep the sponsors happy, and keep the Irish teams at the top of the league.

See how easy it is to work out evidence to meet your ends. Whistle

LordDowlais

Posts : 15419
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by geoff999rugby Fri 27 Nov 2015, 10:26 am

Cyril wrote:So, the Irish are brilliant and everyone else is wrong/crooked?

geoff, you really need to change the record and/or get some perspective.

Straw man I am saying nothing of the sort.

The IRFU make mistakes as do other Unions.
I am also not claiming Unions change policy because of sponsorship.

However in this one incident the whole scenario stinks to high heaven and the sequencing of events is just too cute.
The SRU were in financial difs, along comes a fairy godmother and hey presto they change their opinion to match the wishes of said fairy godmother





geoff999rugby

Posts : 5256
Join date : 2012-01-19

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 27 Nov 2015, 10:26 am

Cyril wrote:So, the Irish are brilliant and everyone else is wrong/crooked?

That's about the size of it, yes.

Chunky Norwich

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2011-12-08
Location : Location: Location:

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by geoff999rugby Fri 27 Nov 2015, 10:27 am

More meaningless contributions from Chunky and Lord Dowlais

geoff999rugby

Posts : 5256
Join date : 2012-01-19

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by LordDowlais Fri 27 Nov 2015, 10:28 am

Cyril wrote:So, the Irish are brilliant and everyone else is wrong/crooked?

geoff, you really need to change the record and/or get some perspective.

Welcome to what we have to put up with when debating the issues in the Pro12. They are a marvelous bunch those boys from the emerald isles. Just to let you know Cyril, NOTHING IS EVER THE FAULT OF THE IRISH.

LordDowlais

Posts : 15419
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 27 Nov 2015, 10:29 am

Unfortunately geoff in this case they have a point.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 27817
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by Cyril Fri 27 Nov 2015, 10:30 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Cyril wrote:So, the Irish are brilliant and everyone else is wrong/crooked?

geoff, you really need to change the record and/or get some perspective.

Welcome to what we have to put up with when debating the issues in the Pro12. They are a marvelous bunch those boys from the emerald isles. Just to let you know Cyril, NOTHING IS EVER THE FAULT OF THE IRISH.
Yes, that's the impression I get from most of these threads. The Irish will lead us into the promised land where unicorns will frolic over sunbeams. If only us mortal nations had a fraction of their integrity.

Cyril

Posts : 7162
Join date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by lostinwales Fri 27 Nov 2015, 10:48 am

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 TrainWreck1

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 12410
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum