The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

+34
broadlandboy
R!skysports
LondonTiger
Sgt_Pooly
Rugby Fan
Poorfour
Dubbelyew L Overate
XR
Cyril
wolfball
Seagultaf
formerly known as Sam
Chunky Norwich
Golden
LeinsterFan4life
George Carlin
Scottrf
ScarletSpiderman
bedfordwelsh
geoff999rugby
Pot Hale
mikey_dragon
VinceWLB
HammerofThunor
No 7&1/2
SecretFly
Sin é
The Great Aukster
yappysnap
Exiledinborders
TJ
lostinwales
LordDowlais
TightHEAD
38 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 5 Empty Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by TightHEAD Mon 23 Nov 2015, 4:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

Great to see this competition throwing up some great games in only its 2nd season.

Just goes to show what the HC could have been.

Great stuff and long may it continue. thumbsup
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by Poorfour Fri 27 Nov 2015, 10:56 am

geoff999rugby wrote:
Cyril wrote:So, the Irish are brilliant and everyone else is wrong/crooked?

geoff, you really need to change the record and/or get some perspective.

Straw man I am saying nothing of the sort.

The IRFU make mistakes as do other Unions.
I am also not claiming Unions change policy because of sponsorship.

However in this one incident the whole scenario stinks to high heaven and the sequencing of events is just too cute.
The SRU were in financial difs, along comes a fairy godmother and hey presto they change their opinion to match the wishes of said fairy godmother

This is one of those Private Eye stories, isn't it? The ones where they strip back the tabloid language and overreaction and show the story for what it is. They did one when Euan Blair was blotto in Trafalgar Square that read "Young man gets drunk".

In this case the story would be "Commercial organisation makes commercial decision". What is so wrong with the SRU making a decision that it decides is in its commercial best interests, having negotiated a better deal than was on offer in the first place? On the face of it, nothing illegal or even immoral happened. An organisation had a choice between supporting one proposal that maintained the status quo and one that offered significantly more financial security. What would you do?

Ever bought a house or negotiated a new employment contract? Ever said "no, I think I'll stick with the old job, even though this one's better, because my workmates will be ever so upset to see me go."

Thought not.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions Cup goes from strength to stength.

Post by Sin é Fri 27 Nov 2015, 10:58 am

LordDowlais wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Yes they do it's obvious. Who are they taking bribes from?

Guinness is as Irish as anything. The Harp is even on Leinsters crest. So there you go, keep the sponsors happy, and keep the Irish teams at the top of the league.

See how easy it is to work out evidence to meet your ends. Whistle

This is the official flag of Leinster - its where the harp comes from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_and_coat_of_arms_of_Leinster#/media/File:Flag_of_Leinster.svg

Guinness also came from Dublin (which is in Leinster).

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 27 Nov 2015, 11:07 am

Sin é wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Yes they do it's obvious. Who are they taking bribes from?

Guinness is as Irish as anything. The Harp is even on Leinsters crest. So there you go, keep the sponsors happy, and keep the Irish teams at the top of the league.

See how easy it is to work out evidence to meet your ends. Whistle

This is the official flag of Leinster - its where the harp comes from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_and_coat_of_arms_of_Leinster#/media/File:Flag_of_Leinster.svg

Guinness also came from Dublin (which is in Leinster).

So to favour Leinster and Guinness the crap refs always give the 50/50 calls to Leinster. Ahhhh, it's all making sense now. Whistle

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 27 Nov 2015, 11:15 am

Poorfour wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:

Straw man I am saying nothing of the sort.

The IRFU make mistakes as do other Unions.
I am also not claiming Unions change policy because of sponsorship.

However in this one incident the whole scenario stinks to high heaven and the sequencing of events is just too cute.
The SRU were in financial difs, along comes a fairy godmother and hey presto they change their opinion to match the wishes of said fairy godmother

This is one of those Private Eye stories, isn't it? The ones where they strip back the tabloid language and overreaction and show the story for what it is. They did one when Euan Blair was blotto in Trafalgar Square that read "Young man gets drunk".

In this case the story would be "Commercial organisation makes commercial decision". What is so wrong with the SRU making a decision that it decides is in its commercial best interests, having negotiated a better deal than was on offer in the first place? On the face of it, nothing illegal or even immoral happened. An organisation had a choice between supporting one proposal that maintained the status quo and one that offered significantly more financial security. What would you do?

Ever bought a house or negotiated a new employment contract? Ever said "no, I think I'll stick with the old job, even though this one's better, because my workmates will be ever so upset to see me go."

Thought not.

So the SRU is a commerical organisation, not a sporting organisation!

I think Irish people in general have a different attitude to sport than in the UK (which is informed by the English Premiership and its multi million deals).

In Ireland, the biggest, most popular sports are amateur in that the players don't get paid, and all money generated is put back into the community (and they generate a lot of money). For instance, Dublin GAA has a better sponsorship deal than Leinster Rugby.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 27 Nov 2015, 11:20 am

Probably why most of you support Liverpool and Man U.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 27 Nov 2015, 11:23 am

Poorfour wrote:

Thought not.

Ever accepted money to vote for Qatar? No? Thought not. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Fri 27 Nov 2015, 11:26 am

'There was division among the Rabo unions. The WRU and the Irish Rugby Football Union argued strongly for ERC to continue, a stance they were maintaining at the end of January, but the SRU took a more pragmatic view. Its board includes independent non-executive directors and they took a business position rather than quoting International Rugby Board regulations about the supremacy of unions.

The SRU used to be the most conservative union in the world, quick to upbraid anyone if it felt amateurism was being breached, but it appreciated far quicker than the IRFU and the WRU that to cling on to a principle even if it meant potential financial ruin was not good governance.

The SRU, which not long ago refused to negotiate with clubs, only their unions, ended on the side of Premiership Rugby and the regions, a key reason why agreement was eventually reached. The position of Scotland and Italy is protected under the formula the Pro 12 has agreed for financial distribution.'

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 27 Nov 2015, 11:26 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Probably why most of you support Liverpool and Man U.

I guess that's the whole point. Even the FAI 'support' Liverpool and Man U (and all the rest of them) over their own home based league and players. Some of us don't want rugby to go the same way.

Good point 7&1/2 - stumbled onto the nail on the head. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 27 Nov 2015, 11:31 am

I don't know who the FAI are but that's shocking!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 27 Nov 2015, 11:32 am

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:'There was division among the Rabo unions. The WRU and the Irish Rugby Football Union argued strongly for ERC to continue, a stance they were maintaining at the end of January, but the SRU took a more pragmatic view. Its board includes independent non-executive directors and they took a business position rather than quoting International Rugby Board regulations about the supremacy of unions.

The SRU used to be the most conservative union in the world, quick to upbraid anyone if it felt amateurism was being breached, but it appreciated far quicker than the IRFU and the WRU that to cling on to a principle even if it meant potential financial ruin was not good governance.

The SRU, which not long ago refused to negotiate with clubs, only their unions, ended on the side of Premiership Rugby and the regions, a key reason why agreement was eventually reached. The position of Scotland and Italy is protected under the formula the Pro 12 has agreed for financial distribution.'

I bet that is the Guardian's version of events Very Happy

(Paul Rees was the PRO for Wray & Craig)
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 27 Nov 2015, 11:32 am

So what are we saying here, it is the Scottish who jumped into bet with the PRL not the Welsh or was it........ ah feck it, lets just agree that it was not the Irish and they are the consummate professionals in all this and they are the Shangri-La of the rugby union world.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Fri 27 Nov 2015, 11:33 am

Once rugby went professional all the unions and any professional clubs / provinces / regions / franchises became commercial organisations perforce.

That doesn't preclude them from putting money back into the community (the RFU and even the IRB spend most of their dosh on grassroots rugby, for instance). But for any organisation, amateur or not, balancing the books is a prerequisite for continued existence.

Being a big amateur sporting organisation is actually a fairly cushy place to be. You get your primary product almost for free, but you get to sell it to lots of people. Quite hard not to make a surplus, really. Even a small organisation can breakeven without too much difficulty, because the core product is free.

Being a professional organisation can actually make that much harder, because you have significantly more people to pay. Your product is no longer free, so you have to find a way to make enough to cover those costs. That's true for a lot of soccer clubs, and even more so for organisations making the transition to professionalism (which rugby still is, even 20 odd years after it started).

The SRU was offered an opportunity to improve its financial position and secure its continued existence. They took it. End of, especially if the alternative was limping on with mounting debts.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 27 Nov 2015, 11:37 am

LordDowlais wrote:So what are we saying here, it is the Scottish who jumped into bet with the PRL not the Welsh or was it........ ah feck it, lets just agree that it was not the Irish and they are the consummate professionals in all this and they are the Shangri-La of the rugby union world.

The WRU did not jump into bed with the PRL. The SRU and The Welsh Regions did.

The Scots did really well out of the whole thing. They also negotiated the same amount of money as IRFU and WRU even though they only have 2 teams and the WRU & IRFU have 4 each.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 27 Nov 2015, 11:41 am

Poorfour wrote:Once rugby went professional all the unions and any professional clubs / provinces / regions / franchises became commercial organisations perforce.

That doesn't preclude them from putting money back into the community (the RFU and even the IRB spend most of their dosh on grassroots rugby, for instance). But for any organisation, amateur or not, balancing the books is a prerequisite for continued existence.

Being a big amateur sporting organisation is actually a fairly cushy place to be. You get your primary product almost for free, but you get to sell it to lots of people. Quite hard not to make a surplus, really. Even a small organisation can breakeven without too much difficulty, because the core product is free.

Being a professional organisation can actually make that much harder, because you have significantly more people to pay. Your product is no longer free, so you have to find a way to make enough to cover those costs. That's true for a lot of soccer clubs, and even more so for organisations making the transition to professionalism (which rugby still is, even 20 odd years after it started).

The SRU was offered an opportunity to improve its financial position and secure its continued existence. They took it. End of, especially if the alternative was limping on with mounting debts.

The SRU 'dropped the O and took the soup' is how we would describe it over here.

(reference to when England was trying to anglosise Ireland during the famine by giving people food if they dropped the 'O' from their name - for example, Paul O'Connell would have become Paul Connell if he took the soup!
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 27 Nov 2015, 11:42 am

And now the irish in the pockets of others after taking their silver. Disgusting.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 27 Nov 2015, 11:50 am

Sin é wrote:
In Ireland, the biggest, most popular sports are amateur

Sure, that's why Irish websites and papers are full of Premier League soccer. A sport which the Irish are obsessed with and doesn't even get played in the country.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/index_new.html

http://www.balls.ie/

http://www.joe.ie/sport

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 27 Nov 2015, 11:55 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Sure, that's why Irish websites and papers are full of Premier League soccer. A sport which the Irish are obsessed with and doesn't even get played in the country.

I think that you might find that Amateur sports in Ireland have a very good and consistent crowd's. Personally, I rarely use newspapers (Online or paper) as a guide to what is popular. I kind of go and experience for myself.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 27 Nov 2015, 11:56 am

eirebilly wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:

I think that you might find that Amateur sports in Ireland have a very good and consistent crowd's. Personally, I rarely use newspapers (Online or paper) as a guide to what is popular. I kind of go and experience for myself.

Oh I'm sure you're right. I'm just looking at the fornt page of a few websites. I'm sure they know their market.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 27 Nov 2015, 11:59 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
eirebilly wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Oh I'm sure you're right. I'm just looking at the fornt page of a few websites. I'm sure they know their market.

Amateur sports don't get played in the middle of the week as the participants are working at their day jobs. Wink

edit: this is the lead story in joe.ie

http://www.joe.ie/sport/around-the-world-in-80-clubs-eire-og-gaa-club-london-5/519965

Around the World in 80 Clubs: Eire Óg GAA Club, London (#5)
By Conor Heneghan
It's the GAA, innit?

Outside of Ireland, London and New York are by far the most popular destinations as far as the GAA is concerned, with upwards of 70 clubs between two cities that are long established outposts for the Irish ex-pat community.

Last edited by Sin é on Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 27 Nov 2015, 11:59 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:I don't know who the FAI are but that's shocking!
They're the ones who took Blatter's thirty pieces of silver #notabribehonest

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 27 Nov 2015, 11:59 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:

OK but the pages you chose are pretty much football orientated, there are plenty of GAA pages as well but that's besides the point as I can assure you that there are higher attendances at amateur sports events in Ireland than you could imagine. The English premier league is pretty popular in many countries so it does dominate a lot of headlines but that does not mean that it is more popular in Ireland than other sports.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:05 pm

Cyril wrote:

Who didn't?! They were either taking or giving them, including England. And then our own FA back Platini. Ineptitude and corruption all round.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:21 pm

So, regarding the BT bribes. What we have is:

Sky sign on to broadcast the Pro12 around May 2013, to start with the 2014 season in 2014/15.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/sky-sports-signs-deal-show-3316079

BT aren't interested in broadcasting the Pro12 (don't put a tendor in). However, when Sky get it they decide to sponsor several of the teams that will be displayed on Sky Sport.

This is in the backdrop over the arguments over whether or not Sky have to carry adverts for BT sports.

http://www.digitalspy.com/media/news/a491789/sky-sports-wins-ofcom-ruling-over-bt-sport-adverts/

But instead of a way of stealth advertising, it is in fact a big conspiracy theory?

I'm sorry, but Chunky (even though I think he comes out with some crazy stuff and a load of rot) is bang on. If he had come out with that crap he would have been jumped on.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:22 pm

Cyril wrote:

Exactly.  Now we're all getting onto the same hymn sheet finally.  
Pieces of silver to go away and not interfere with the parties being held by the folks higher up the ladder (example: France and the WC)  Money produced to shut up the little people so that big people can go ahead and win big things for their chimney pot population densities Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:23 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Welcome to what we have to put up with when debating the issues in the Pro12. They are a marvelous bunch those boys from the emerald isles. Just to let you know Cyril, NOTHING IS EVER THE FAULT OF THE IRISH.

Totally agree, thanks LD.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:30 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:So, regarding the BT bribes.  What we have is:

Sky sign on to broadcast the Pro12 around May 2013, to start with the 2014 season in 2014/15.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/sky-sports-signs-deal-show-3316079

BT aren't interested in broadcasting the Pro12 (don't put a tendor in).  However, when Sky get it they decide to sponsor several of the teams that will be displayed on Sky Sport.

This is in the backdrop over the arguments over whether or not Sky have to carry adverts for BT sports.

http://www.digitalspy.com/media/news/a491789/sky-sports-wins-ofcom-ruling-over-bt-sport-adverts/

But instead of a way of stealth advertising, it is in fact a big conspiracy theory?

I'm sorry, but Chunky (even though I think he comes out with some crazy stuff and a load of rot) is bang on.  If he had come out with that crap he would have been jumped on.

Double standards of the highest order from our Irish members on here. Whistle

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:31 pm

Sin é wrote:
The SRU 'dropped the O and took the soup' is how we would describe it over here.

(reference to when England was trying to anglosise Ireland during the famine by giving people food if they dropped the 'O' from their name - for example, Paul O'Connell would have become Paul Connell if he took the soup!

Nice story, but is what the SRU did so bad? They looked after their own interests.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:38 pm

This is how it goes. IRFU V Everyone else.

Which basically illustrates where the stumbling block towards the advancement of the pro domestic game in the northern hemisphere lies.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:41 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:So, regarding the BT bribes.  What we have is:

BT aren't interested in broadcasting the Pro12 (don't put a tendor in).  However, when Sky get it they decide to sponsor several of the teams that will be displayed on Sky Sport.

I'm sorry, but Chunky (even though I think he comes out with some crazy stuff and a load of rot) is bang on.  If he had come out with that crap he would have been jumped on.

BT were asked to tender for the broadcasting rights, but they declined.

That is some turnaround to actually wanting to sponsor EVERY celtic team in the PRO12 to not having any interest in it 12 months previously. Real seat of pants stuff here. One would expect a company like BT to have a 3-5 year plan.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:45 pm

Did that turn around happen after Sky had confirmed Pro12 coverage and offcom had ruled that Sky didn't have to advertise BT Sports?

Also, TV rights and sponsorship aren't the same thing so it's not a turn around. For TV rights you have to think that people will subscribe to your channel to watch it. Sponsorship is effectively another form of advertising. In this case you're advertising to everyone who watches the PRO12 on BBC and Sky.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:46 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:This is how it goes. IRFU V Everyone else.

Which basically illustrates where the stumbling block towards the advancement of the pro domestic game in the northern hemisphere lies.

It wasn't the IRFU v. everyone else. The IRFU were in agreement with all the other Unions. The SRU broke ranks and the RFU were spineless anyway.

A lot of people would think that the Irish Provinces are run extremely well and are a commerical success. Unlike the model you propose.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:52 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:Did that turn around happen after Sky had confirmed Pro12 coverage and offcom had ruled that Sky didn't have to advertise BT Sports?

Also, TV rights and sponsorship aren't the same thing so it's not a turn around.  For TV rights you have to think that people will subscribe to your channel to watch it. Sponsorship is effectively another form of advertising.  In this case you're advertising to everyone who watches the PRO12 on BBC and Sky.

Sky and BT were asked to tender at the same time.

I think BT were giving it away for free with their broadband at the time.

By not even making an effort to bid for broadcasting rights, they knew they were weakening the PRO12 countries bargaining power when it came to European rugby which was their real interest. The less money the Pro12 countries got from their own tv deal, the more likely that they would have signed up to the new Spiv's competition.

And so it happened.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:53 pm

Sin é wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:This is how it goes. IRFU V Everyone else.

It wasn't the IRFU v. everyone else. The IRFU were in agreement with all the other Unions. The SRU broke ranks and the RFU were spineless anyway.

A lot of people would think that the Irish Provinces are run extremely well and are a commerical success. Unlike the model you propose.

Because Union run domestic rugby isn't the way to go. Only Ireland and it's rugby blazerism is now halting the enhancement of British and Irish domestic rugby.

I have no idea how you are measuring the "commercial success" of the model I propose. I'd like to hear more on that.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:56 pm

And the English.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:57 pm

The Welsh Regions are a sporting and commerical failure.
The Provinces are a sporting and commericial success.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:58 pm

Sin é wrote:The Welsh Regions are a sporting and commerical failure.

So when you said "my model", what you meant was "Wales' model" ?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 27 Nov 2015, 1:00 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Sin é wrote:The Welsh Regions are a sporting and commerical failure.

So when you said "my model", what you meant was "Wales' model" ?

Yes.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 27 Nov 2015, 1:00 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Because Union run domestic rugby isn't the way to go.

Seems to work ok for the kiwis.... Smile
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 27 Nov 2015, 1:02 pm

rodders wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:

Yup. In a different helisphere, ina different structure where their top pro teams have just 8 home games a season.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 27 Nov 2015, 1:04 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
rodders wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:

Yup. In a different helisphere, ina  different structure where their top pro teams have just 8 home games a season.

As opposed to the 12 our teams play.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 27 Nov 2015, 1:07 pm

rodders wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
rodders wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:

Yup. In a different helisphere, ina  different structure where their top pro teams have just 8 home games a season.

Mine plays 14. Sometimes 16.

Last edited by Chunky Norwich on Fri 27 Nov 2015, 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Fri 27 Nov 2015, 1:08 pm

Don't feed the troll guys - please!

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 27 Nov 2015, 1:10 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
rodders wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
rodders wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:

Mine plays 14. Sometimes 16.

They might want to play a few less then.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 27 Nov 2015, 1:12 pm

rodders wrote:

Well yes, we could always scrap pro domestic rugby and just have test teams.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 27 Nov 2015, 1:14 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
rodders wrote:

Or you could not bother playing the English b teams in the B&I cup.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 27 Nov 2015, 1:17 pm

rodders wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
rodders wrote:

laughing clap
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 27 Nov 2015, 1:20 pm

rodders wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
rodders wrote:

That brings us to 14.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Nov 2015, 1:56 pm

Sin é wrote:

By not even making an effort to bid for broadcasting rights, they knew they were weakening the PRO12 countries bargaining power when it came to European rugby which was their real interest.

Or, you know, they just didn't want it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 27 Nov 2015, 1:58 pm

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:
Sin é wrote:

By not even making an effort to bid for broadcasting rights, they knew they were weakening the PRO12 countries bargaining power when it came to European rugby which was their real interest.

Huge change in strategy then that in 12 months they went from zero interest to wanting to sponsor everything that moved in the Pro12 (bar the Italians)!
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 27 Nov 2015, 2:03 pm

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Correct. Much too far away from civilised cafes and Michelin star eateries of London, that shower. Wellington boot yokels, what ho?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next