The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newport Gwent Dragons v Munster, 6 December

+15
Hazel Sapling
VinceWLB
LeinsterFan4life
glamorganalun
Pot Hale
dragon999
munkian
LordDowlais
mikey_dragon
Luckless Pedestrian
Cardiff Dave
Stone Motif
bedfordwelsh
GavinDragon
George Carlin
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Newport Gwent Dragons v Munster, 6 December Empty Newport Gwent Dragons v Munster, 6 December

Post by George Carlin Tue 01 Dec 2015, 7:54 am

Newport Gwent Dragons v Munster, 6 December Dragon11                            Newport Gwent Dragons v Munster, 6 December Munste10
Newport Gwent Dragons v Munster Rugby
Sunday 6 December 2015
KO: 14:30
Parade of the Dave

Live on SC4

Referee: Gary Conway (IRFU, 18th competition game)
Assistant Referees: Leighton Hodges, Daniel Jones (both WRU)
Citing Commissioner: John Charles (WRU)
TMO: Tim Hayes (WRU)

A. Head to Head

24 Played 24
7 Wins 17
17 Losses 7
0 Draws 0
378 Points 579

B. Form

Fri 21 November 2014
Newport Gwent Dragons 12 - 38 Munster Rugby

Sat 16 May 2015
Munster Rugby 50 - 27 Newport Gwent Dragons

C. Teams

Newport Gwent Dragons
Newport Gwent Dragons v Munster, 6 December Dragon10
Carl Meyer; Tom Prydie, Adam Hughes, Adam Warren, Ashton Hewitt; Dorian Jones, Sarel Pretorius; Phil Price, Thomas Rhys Thomas (capt), Brok Harris, Matthew Screech, Rynard Landman, Lewis Evans, Nic Cudd, Taulupe Faletau.

Replacements: Rhys Buckley, Shaun Knight, Lloyd Fairbrother, Cory Hill, Ed Jackson, Charlie Davies, Jason Tovey, Ross Wardle.

Munster Rugby
Newport Gwent Dragons v Munster, 6 December Deer10
Lucas Gonzalez Amorosino; Ronan O'Mahony, David Johnston, Denis Hurley (capt), Simon Zebo; Rory Scannell, Tomas O'Leary; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Dave Foley, Mark Chisholm; Shane Buckley, Dave O'Callaghan, Robin Copeland.

Replacements: Kevin O'Byrne, James Cronin, Mario Sagario, Billy Holland, Jordan Coghlan, Cathal Sheridan, Tyler Bleyendaal, Gerhard van den Heever.

Last edited by George Carlin on Mon 07 Dec 2015, 6:21 am; edited 2 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Newport Gwent Dragons v Munster, 6 December Empty Re: Newport Gwent Dragons v Munster, 6 December

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 9:22 am

I'm very much looking forward to watching Munster run poor kicks back at us. Last week's Munster result won't help us either.

Apparently Kingsley has said we don't kick too much, we just poorly chase. Whilst the latter is true, it has been like that for ages. You'd think that our coaching staff might've rectified it by now.

Back to top Go down

Newport Gwent Dragons v Munster, 6 December Empty Re: Newport Gwent Dragons v Munster, 6 December

Post by GavinDragon Tue 01 Dec 2015, 2:42 pm

I am going on Sunday, but will need to play the Dragons Drinking game to get me through. One finger for each kick!

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 4:13 pm

No drinking for me, though I could do with it Sunday aye.

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 01 Dec 2015, 6:36 pm

I am home this weekend and when I looked at arranging things it looked a good weekend, Ebbw at home to Bridgend is still going to be a good social time/meet up etc then I was really looking forward to going (with a hangover) to watch this game.

After last weeks game that's not so much the case now and think I will just need to carry on drinking to get me through what could be a long difficult Sunday afternoon Sad
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Tue 01 Dec 2015, 6:41 pm

GavinDragon wrote:I am going on Sunday, but will need to play the Dragons Drinking game to get me through. One finger for each kick!

Lightweight. I go for necking a half every time one of the coaching team's immediate family touches the ball.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 01 Dec 2015, 8:02 pm

Come on Munster, obviously.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 8:50 pm

Fancy we'll both keep losing up to the derby Dave. Then it's whoever is the best out of two poor teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 01 Dec 2015, 8:57 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Fancy we'll both keep losing up to the derby Dave. Then it's whoever is the best out of two poor teams.

Aye. This season is pretty much a write off. Next season is looking different as it would appear that things are happening down Cardiff way. Not sure about you lot though.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 9:22 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:Come on Munster, obviously.

How come Dave? Not that you can't support whoever the hell you want, obviously! Each to their own. I always support the Blues when they're playing a non-Welsh team. Kinda thought others did too. Maybe it's the 'rivalry' (lol)?!

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 02 Dec 2015, 9:25 am

Just read that Dragons have won just one of their last nine encounters with Munster.
Ooyah.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Wed 02 Dec 2015, 11:34 am

Stone Motif wrote:
GavinDragon wrote:I am going on Sunday, but will need to play the Dragons Drinking game to get me through. One finger for each kick!

Lightweight. I go for necking a half every time one of the coaching team's immediate family touches the ball.

You will be in the Royal Gwent after this match then Wink

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Wed 02 Dec 2015, 11:35 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:Fancy we'll both keep losing up to the derby Dave. Then it's whoever is the best out of two poor teams.

Aye. This season is pretty much a write off. Next season is looking different as it would appear that things are happening down Cardiff way. Not sure about you lot though.

I hear there is a supermerger on the way, Newdiff Blue-Dragons

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Wed 02 Dec 2015, 11:41 am

It appears nepotism isnt restricted to just the coaches Stone http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/14117399.Dragons_need_to_play_with_European_joie_de_vivre_against_Munster___centre_Adam_Warren/

Adam Warren said: "He has been playing well with Llandovery and did well with Scarlets in the Singha Premiership 7s so because he is my brother I spoke to the coaches about him. He wasn't in contract so has got a trial to see how he goes.

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 02 Dec 2015, 1:39 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:

Can they really keep rolling that old cliche out though Wink
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Dec 2015, 2:19 pm

GavinDragon wrote:It appears nepotism isnt restricted to just the coaches Stone http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/14117399.Dragons_need_to_play_with_European_joie_de_vivre_against_Munster___centre_Adam_Warren/

Adam Warren said: "He has been playing well with Llandovery and did well with Scarlets in the Singha Premiership 7s so because he is my brother I spoke to the coaches about him. He wasn't in contract so has got a trial to see how he goes.

I've had a pint with Dai Landman and drank with a load of them in Toulouse a few years back. Wonder if that passes for a trial? Think I could have Hill and Screech too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 02 Dec 2015, 3:53 pm

Risca Rev wrote:
GavinDragon wrote:It appears nepotism isnt restricted to just the coaches Stone http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/14117399.Dragons_need_to_play_with_European_joie_de_vivre_against_Munster___centre_Adam_Warren/

I've had a pint with Dai Landman and drank with a load of them in Toulouse a few years back. Wonder if that passes for a trial? Think I could have Hill and Screech too.

Depends. Is Shaun Connor your Dad?
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Dec 2015, 6:37 pm

Uncle, I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 02 Dec 2015, 7:17 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Uncle, I think.

Close enough. You're in.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 03 Dec 2015, 11:04 am

George Carlin wrote:Form

Fri 21 November 2014

Sat 16 May 2015

Ouch.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Dec 2015, 3:06 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Form

Fri 21 November 2014

Sat 16 May 2015

Ouch.

Indeed. Thing is, after their result last weekend I think we will be facing a full strength Munster for definite now, so that makes me worry that this result might be worse too.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 03 Dec 2015, 3:09 pm

We'll stand a chance if Pretorious is on the field and Lyn stops cramming the front 5 with powder puff players. Price, Hill and Screech aren't doing well this season.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Thu 03 Dec 2015, 3:26 pm

We will be competitive in this game but still lose.

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 03 Dec 2015, 3:37 pm

Charlie Davies's kicking was woeful against Edinburgh.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Thu 03 Dec 2015, 3:46 pm

The whole kicking strategy was and is woeful

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 03 Dec 2015, 4:30 pm

GavinDragon wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

I hear there is a supermerger on the way, Newdiff Blue-Dragons

Nothing would surprise me Gav.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 03 Dec 2015, 4:35 pm

Griff wrote:

How come Dave? Not that you can't support whoever the hell you want, obviously! Each to their own. I always support the Blues when they're playing a non-Welsh team. Kinda thought others did too. Maybe it's the 'rivalry' (lol)?!

As crazy as it seems, i'd prefer my team to be above your lot in the league.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 03 Dec 2015, 4:37 pm

I can't pretend I'm disappointed when the Blues lose.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 03 Dec 2015, 4:40 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Can they really keep rolling that old cliche out though Wink

Not sure mate. Not sure what's happening down Cardiff way either.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Dec 2015, 4:43 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I can't pretend I'm disappointed when the Blues lose.

No me neither. Though I'm not as bad as some others on other sites to consider being marginally less worse than them (for now) as some sort of achievement either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 03 Dec 2015, 4:46 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I can't pretend I'm disappointed when the Blues lose.

Same with me, sometimes.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 03 Dec 2015, 4:56 pm

I am toying with going down for this game, take the girls have some grub and beer in the Queens hotel, send the girls off to do a bit of shopping and watch the game. I was over at Rodney Parade for the game last season, it was a bit of a man shaming, but I do enjoy a Sunday afternoon out in Newport. I suppose the girls can grab a costa whilst I am watching the game with a pint.

I will see how I feel on Sunday. I have a busy weekend. I am off to the cap tomorrow to watch Cardiff Blues, I have my Christmas pee up with the football boys Saturday night, so I will see how I am on Sunday, and see if my brother and his family fancy a day out in Newport.

What a life..... Very Happy

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Thu 03 Dec 2015, 5:17 pm

LordDowlais wrote:I am toying with going down for this game, take the girls have some grub and beer in the Queens hotel, send the girls off to do a bit of shopping and watch the game. I was over at Rodney Parade for the game last season, it was a bit of a man shaming, but I do enjoy a Sunday afternoon out in Newport. I suppose the girls can grab a costa whilst I am watching the game with a pint.

I will see how I feel on Sunday. I have a busy weekend. I am off to the cap tomorrow to watch Cardiff Blues, I have my Christmas pee up with the football boys Saturday night, so I will see how I am on Sunday, and see if my brother and his family fancy a day out in Newport.

Why slum it in the Queens?
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 03 Dec 2015, 5:17 pm

LordDowlais wrote:I am toying with going down for this game, take the girls have some grub and beer in the Queens hotel, send the girls off to do a bit of shopping and watch the game. I was over at Rodney Parade for the game last season, it was a bit of a man shaming, but I do enjoy a Sunday afternoon out in Newport. I suppose the girls can grab a costa whilst I am watching the game with a pint.

How the other half live. A trip to the dentist is an exciting adventure for me.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 03 Dec 2015, 5:27 pm

The girls can have a look round Friars Walk.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 03 Dec 2015, 6:00 pm

Stone Motif wrote:

Why slum it up in Newport watching a team he hates, when you could be up in Merthyr wearing an Ospreys jersey.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 03 Dec 2015, 6:16 pm

Stone Motif wrote:

I'll be honest, that's my choice, because of convenience, I am just a valley boy at heart, I do not need anything special. The girls will most probably want to go to Ye Old Murenger or the Star.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 03 Dec 2015, 6:21 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

Why slum it up in Newport watching a team he hates, when you could be up in Merthyr wearing an Ospreys jersey.

Firstly, I do not hate anything or anyone least of all Newport Gwent Dragons. Secondly, as I have told you under your old guise on here, if I can get from Merthyr to watch Dragons then surely you can make the short trip from your house to watch the team you are supposed to support. At least I make an effort to go and watch the regions. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Dec 2015, 6:45 pm

I really want to try the urban taphouse on Sunday again. Also heard pretty good things about the Lamb. Depends on what time I shake myself up off nights and if I can drop the car home first.

Haven't had a pint watching the real rugby (cough) for ages.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 03 Dec 2015, 6:53 pm

LordDowlais wrote:I find it very amusing to Dragons fans calling another region over when they have done nothing what so ever since their inception. It's like Wales taking the urine out of the All Blacks FFS.

Never mind, your seasonal achievement of finishing higher than Cardiff Blues is your aim again this season isn't it. I doubt you will finish above us though, we cannot be that crap forever. Cardiff Blues will finish above Dragons this season.

I would never come on here and give it out to Ospreys fans, not until we can compete with them in the league anyway.

Headscratch

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 03 Dec 2015, 7:24 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:I find it very amusing to Dragons fans calling another region over when they have done nothing what so ever since their inception. It's like Wales taking the urine out of the All Blacks FFS.

Never mind, your seasonal achievement of finishing higher than Cardiff Blues is your aim again this season isn't it. I doubt you will finish above us though, we cannot be that crap forever. Cardiff Blues will finish above Dragons this season.

I would never come on here and give it out to Ospreys fans, not until we can compete with them in the league anyway.

Headscratch

Nothing written in there about me hating Dragons or supporting Ospreys. More of a case of me pointing out the bare faced cheek of Dragons supporters giving it large to Ospreys when their own team are not pulling up trees.

Anyway, before this thread gets de-railed with all this nonsense, what is the weather forecast for Sunday, it could be a leveler, if I do not have a massive hang over, I will go to this one.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Dec 2015, 7:38 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:

As crazy as it seems, i'd prefer my team to be above your lot in the league.

Gotcha. All the best.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Thu 03 Dec 2015, 9:30 pm

Risca Rev wrote:I really want to try the urban taphouse on Sunday again. Also heard pretty good things about the Lamb. Depends on what time I shake myself up off nights and if I can drop the car home first.

Didn't do it for me. I know the Port is on the up but £14 for three pints of craft 'beer is taking the pizzle.

Although in that sense, arguably the perfect accompaniment to an afternoon at Dave Parade.

The recently refurbished Potters was tidy when I went in last weekend.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri 04 Dec 2015, 7:21 am

I am looking forward to going to the Urban tap house. Quite like their FUBAR beer. But I agree £14 seems extortionate. Still, at least you can say it was brewed in Newport.

I will be in there after the Blues game. Do they do food?

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Fri 04 Dec 2015, 7:49 am

GavinDragon wrote:I am looking forward to going to the Urban tap house. Quite like their FUBAR beer. But I agree £14 seems extortionate. Still, at least you can say it was brewed in Newport.

Dunno, was quite late when I got in there.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 04 Dec 2015, 10:09 am

Stone Motif wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:I really want to try the urban taphouse on Sunday again. Also heard pretty good things about the Lamb. Depends on what time I shake myself up off nights and if I can drop the car home first.

Didn't do it for me. I know the Port is on the up but £14 for three pints of craft 'beer is taking the pizzle.

Although in that sense, arguably the perfect accompaniment to an afternoon at Dave Parade.

The recently refurbished Potters was tidy when I went in last weekend.

The Lamb's good now, I watched Wales v England there.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 04 Dec 2015, 11:31 am

Stone Motif wrote:
GavinDragon wrote:I am looking forward to going to the Urban tap house. Quite like their FUBAR beer. But I agree £14 seems extortionate. Still, at least you can say it was brewed in Newport.

Dunno, was quite late when I got in there.

It depends what you buy - Cask beer is cheaper than the draft - do you remember what you bought ? Generally the higher ABVs are more expensive which is the general rule in all craft beer pubs.

They do food, yes - some very nice pizzas and pasta plus some nice sides.

I often pay £3 plus for 2/3 of pint of decent beer in Bristol.

The Lamb can still be dodgy - barmaid caught a punch by some scum bag last Friday when I went there to watch the Embra game with some friends - we went to the Pen and Wig instead - better selection of beers (including Fubar) and a decent rugby crowd.

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri 04 Dec 2015, 12:20 pm

Dragons: C Meyer, T Prydie, A Hughes, A Warren, A Hewitt, D Jones, S Pretorius, B Stankovich, R Thomas (captain), B Harris, M Screech, R Landman, L Evans, N Cudd, T Faletau. Replacements: R Buckley, P Price, L Fairbrother, C Hill, E Jackson, C Davies, J Tovey, R Wardle.

Tombola selection again with a different 9 and 6,7,8. Can't believe he has dropped Ollie Griffiths who has been our best player in the last 3 games

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 04 Dec 2015, 12:24 pm

There just hasn't been any consistency in his selection at all this season, as you suggested GD does he just chuck them all in a tombola and the first 23 out gets picked.

Have we even fielded and unchanged side this season?

Good to see Harris and Faletau back and whilst Griffiths had been in great form Cudd is up there with him performance wise but as said its just the inconsistency.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri 04 Dec 2015, 12:28 pm

I would be fuming if I was griffiths, Cory Hill aside this is the strongest front 5 we can put out and faletau is back and he is in good form so could really have an impact in this game, yet he is dropped. steam

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next