The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+36
Corporalhumblebucket
Atila
1GrumpyGolfer
JamesLincs
Holymiky
LondonTiger
BamBam
Lowlandbrit
Scott is Back
sirfredperry
socal1976
NickisBHAFC
Hammersmith harrier
lfc91
westisbest
Josiah Maiestas
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
Ent
Fernando
Dolphin Ziggler
Duty281
Crimey
Adam D
hampo17
LivinginItaly
Hero
newballs
guildfordbat
cherriesfna
kingraf
compelling and rich
Alistair
TRUSSMAN66
Mat
Bull
40 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 2 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Fernando Sat 28 Nov 2015, 5:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Leicester City XI: Schmeichel; Simpson, Huth, Morgan (c), Fuchs; Mahrez, Kanté, Drinkwater, Albrighton; Okazaki, Vardy

Leicester City Subs: De Laet, King, Schlupp, Ulloa, Dyer, Schwarzer, Inler

Manchester United XI: to face Leicester: De Gea, Darmian, McNair, Smalling, Blind, Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Mata, Young, Rooney, Martial

Manchester United Subs: Romero, Borthwick-Jackson, Fellaini, Memphis, Pereira, Schneiderlin, Rashford

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 2 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 29 Nov 2015, 6:36 pm

Sky sports showing a Robbie Brady montage, show Wes Hoolahan for half of it.

C'mon folks
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 2 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by lfc91 Sun 29 Nov 2015, 6:38 pm

All things considered a good win for Liverpool. A few months back that is the sort of game we would draw or lose after being ahead. Showed against City and Chelsea we can win playing the attractive style but if you want to finish high up the league you need to be able to win messy also. Hendo being back is a real boost (I will be more optimistic about sturridge being 'back' if he manages to avoid injury the next few weeks). Put ourselves nicely back into the race for top 4.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Nov 2015, 3:39 pm

Spurs apparently offering Andros Townsend to WBA + (£20m-£25m) for Saido, in January. Spurs thinking they can get more out of the player, than just sending him to Newcastle on loan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 30 Nov 2015, 3:53 pm

I don't get why they want Berahino. Waste of money for a bench player for them.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 30 Nov 2015, 5:55 pm

Sakho out for two months. Thank god we got some early points on the board

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 11:25 am

Hahaha, oh dear. You know how desperate things are, when you recall Mike Williamson from a loan spell, to sort out your defence.

Christ, we're gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Dec 2015, 2:04 pm

not sure if it was a joke at first, but gary neville is the new valencia manager & has quit sky

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 02 Dec 2015, 2:11 pm

Just seen that John.

Be interesting to see how he does.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Dec 2015, 2:16 pm

Henry & Carragher. R.I.P MNF

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 02 Dec 2015, 2:42 pm

Very interesting move, obviously down to his links with Lim. I would bet their former manager claims the hire of Phil showed there was intent to do this all along.

Radio callers were all talking about how he the plan must be to thrive at Valencia then take the Man United job, but considering he has a contract to the end of the season, surely this could be a good 6 month experience stint before taking over from Hodgson? You've got to think that if he does well then he'd be favourite were Woy to leave after the Euros.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 02 Dec 2015, 3:02 pm

A very weird job for him to take as his first role though, I'm not sure what Gary's Spanish is like but taking over Valencia is certainly not what many expected would be his first job. I imagine if he does do well there will be a lot of speculation linking him with both Manchester United and England but surely it's far too early in his career to take on such a big role. There is a massive difference between being a good pundit and being a good manager or coach, just like there is a big difference between those two and being a good player. It will be interesting to see if Neville can translate his incite gained from watching so much football and analysing it in a studio to actually being the one to apply tactics.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Dec 2015, 3:31 pm

Never in a million years was this his ideal route into management, it's more of being pressured into the role from Lim, who he probably couldn't turn down, given he invested in Gary's passions of improving Salford. Just looks like repaying one favour to the other, for me. Six month deal too, just stinks of desperation from Lim, with no real planning or experience of owning a top football club. You've just seen how difficult it was for David Moyes, with vast experience in the management game & Gary can't speak Spanish, so I expect Phil to still be doing most of the work.

Can England really employ Gary after a six month spell at Valencia, as his only management experience? Seems strange.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 02 Dec 2015, 3:41 pm

He's been in the England setup long enough to be trusted. He knows the players and the talent pool. If he can come out of Valencia with a positive experience then why not?

When people like Pearce, Taylor and even Southgate have ballsed up the Under 21's, you're better off giving the job to someone who knows how it works.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Dec 2015, 3:58 pm

i see it two ways, if we do well at euro 2016 & see visible improvement, then gary will probably be appointed. If if goes the other way though, the only thing i'd question is, if we fail miserably at euro 2016, why appoint gary after woy, when he's already been deeply involved in two failed campaigns (brazil & france), in giving his advice & input already. you'd need a new manager at the helm from the outside, in my opinion, as gary would still be associated with being in the management hierarchy of two previously failed tournaments.

not entirely sure what we will learn about neville from this small stint.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 02 Dec 2015, 4:49 pm

If its long term and there have been signs within the setup that Neville is tuned in to what management requires then it makes sense. Grooming a coach into what they want of the international team, longevity planning. And a young coach too. I think its an easy route for him. Its not the hardest job, expectations are low, they wont be expected to do anything incredible and if it doesnt work out then he has so many excuses to fall back on.

There are plenty of names about who havent got much to any experience who suddenly take managerial roles and do well. The international game is completely different to managing a club too. This way he has 6 months to get into actual management.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 03 Dec 2015, 11:22 am

Man Utd trying to sign Moussa Dembele according to SSN.....

The Fulham one not Spurs

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 05 Dec 2015, 11:25 am

Off to Southampton shortly.

As this thread title says, we go again.
Dissapointing after last saturdays result.

Saints will be hurting after wednesday.
Fancy us to finally get the win we desperatly need.

The great escape starts today.
Keep the faith.

UTV. OK

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 05 Dec 2015, 11:46 am

see if i can stay awake for a united game, good time to be playing west ham though. i expect a very dull 1-0 win

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 05 Dec 2015, 12:19 pm

Pretty much exactly how I see it going. A very dull game with a lack of dynamism in either team.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 05 Dec 2015, 12:49 pm

city got a poor defence out and stoke play no forwards against it picard

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 05 Dec 2015, 12:55 pm

Demichelis....what a class defender.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 05 Dec 2015, 1:02 pm

looks like its not going to matter, forward or not

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 05 Dec 2015, 1:05 pm

at least i was right about having a terrible defence

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 05 Dec 2015, 1:15 pm

No forwards or not that Stoke forward four whilst very inconsistent can produce something out of nothing like they're showing today, on there day a nightmare to play against.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 05 Dec 2015, 1:19 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:No forwards or not that Stoke forward four whilst very inconsistent can produce something out of nothing like they're showing today, on there day a nightmare to play against.

i agree, one in 5 players the lot of them at best, just a case for city that few of them are having that one today

there's a reason why stoke are the worse scorers before today

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 05 Dec 2015, 1:21 pm

If they were more consistent none of them would be at Stoke but for the bigger teams it's just not worth the risk having a passenger for the most part.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 05 Dec 2015, 2:17 pm

At Watford - so so cold and fear a 3-1 defeat
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 05 Dec 2015, 2:26 pm

Now Lanzini injured too. No Sakho, no Payet, no Valencia, no Lanzini. Just depressing. That's arguably our first choice front four out. I'm somewhat impressed that we still have an OK side out and that the bench isn't just a list of kids. Sadly Jelavic is one of our two attacking options on that bench. But in years gone by we couldn't lose our best 4 attacking players and still play players the calibre of Moses, Zarate and Carroll when we lost our best attacking players.  

We'll get beat easily in a slow boring game though. Fellaini in to sit on Carroll I'm sure

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Dec 2015, 3:07 pm

Mahrez 0-1 to Leicester

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 05 Dec 2015, 3:08 pm

So we have a right back playing at left back, a centre back playing at right back and a left back playing at centre back.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 05 Dec 2015, 3:11 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:So we have a right back playing at left back, a centre back playing at right back and a left back playing at centre back.

its his philosophy

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 05 Dec 2015, 3:12 pm

Should be 1-0 up. Moses not a great finisher

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 05 Dec 2015, 3:17 pm

Not entirely sure that isn't handball.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Dec 2015, 3:24 pm

Mahrez makes it 0-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 05 Dec 2015, 3:25 pm

When its not your day...

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 05 Dec 2015, 3:30 pm

He makes that "mistake" a lot Fellaini...

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 05 Dec 2015, 3:33 pm

wouldnt give up just yet dolph been much the better team since the first 15 minutes

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 05 Dec 2015, 3:36 pm

moses pace on the break looked a threat, him going off helps even if he is a terrible finisher

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 05 Dec 2015, 3:38 pm

Another?! Jesus Christ. Injuries continuously. 

It just feels like one of those days when you go away, don't take the chances then lose 1-0. Except if we concede with more than 20 mins to go I'd imagine we'll concede a few

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 05 Dec 2015, 3:41 pm

Nice to see Antonio get a decent run out could cause issues for United.

The Ozil Assist train is still chugging along up to 12 now.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Dec 2015, 3:42 pm

James McCLean makes it 1-1. Lovely stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 05 Dec 2015, 3:45 pm

fellaini, schweinsteiger and now carrick must be the slowest central midfield there has ever been

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Dec 2015, 3:47 pm

Arsenal 1-1 Giroud

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 05 Dec 2015, 3:48 pm

Schwein a bit lucky to go unpunished too?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Dec 2015, 4:06 pm

I think Garry Monk lacks the managerial experience to get out of this.  He is still learning.  He needs help.  Compare him with Allardyce or Pulis.  In fact there is a lot of high quality managers in the Premiership.  Remi Garde looks like a highly promising manager - but he has to try to do something with Aston Villa. Remi Garde it seems could be Wengers replacement at Arsenal - if ever Wenger retires.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Dec 2015, 4:11 pm

Nore Staat wrote:I think Garry Monk lacks the managerial experience to get out of this.  He is still learning.  He needs help.  Compare him with Allardyce or Pulis.  In fact there is a lot of high quality managers in the Premiership.  Remi Garde looks like a highly promising manager - but he has to try to do something with Aston Villa.  Remi Garde it seems could be Wengers replacement at Arsenal - if ever Wenger retires.

You must be joking. They will be lining up Guardiola types, not a manager previously linked with Newcastle & ended up at Villa.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 05 Dec 2015, 4:15 pm

Lovely football and Zarate misses a sitter. It's gonna be one of those days

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 05 Dec 2015, 4:20 pm

2-1 Arsenal - Giroud
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Dec 2015, 4:25 pm

Swansea 0-3 Leicester - Hat-trick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Dec 2015, 4:28 pm

John wrote:Swansea 0-3 Leicester - Hat-trick
Swansea have two thirds of the possession but the shots stats are:

.................Swansea ........ Leicester
Shots ......... 4 .................... 8
on target .... 0 .................... 5

Monk is losing the match due to tactics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next