The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

+56
gazzyD
MrPoncho
RiscaGame
alfie
Scott is Back
Preacher
dyrewolfe
Mr Tom
Tattie Scones RRN
nadeem2099
hornbloweroafc
lostinwales
Geordie
hampo17
Y I Man
Adam D
SecretFly
bluestonevedder
profitius
lfc91
Holymiky
ShahenshahG
kingraf
The Beast
Alistair
TRUSSMAN66
Atila
Luke
GSC
JDizzle
Breadvan
Ent
dummy_half
Azzy
wisden
seanmichaels
mikey_dragon
Galted
Dolphin Ziggler
guildfordbat
rIck_dAgless
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Steffan
Bull
Mr Bounce
superflyweight
Mind the windows Tino.
compelling and rich
westisbest
Rowley
Derbymanc
Mad for Chelsea
Hero
Hammersmith harrier
Stella
President Trump
60 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 9 Empty The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by President Trump Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:23 am

First topic message reminder :

I watch two films over the last few days

Seventh Son: Absolute tosh, it felt like a bad D&D film from SyFy

The Wedding Ringer: It was a fun movie, predictable but fun, "Who the hell are these guys, it's like the Goonies grew up and became r@pists" Laugh

President Trump

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 9 Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2016 1:11 pm

Thankfully I'm here to shine the illuminating torch of truth into the dank and foetid tunnels of ignorance that are your minds

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 9 Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by Galted Fri May 06, 2016 6:30 pm

Hit him, SecretFly, hit him hard with both your fists.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat May 07, 2016 8:09 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Haven't watched anything since Big Lebowski which is far and away the best of the Coen Brothers films

It's no Barton Fink.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2016 8:30 am

Rowley wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Haven't watched anything since Big Lebowski which is far and away the best of the Coen Brothers films

It's no Barton Fink.
I know.. that's why I rate it so highly.

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun May 08, 2016 1:10 pm

There was a good movie on last night about a Bum and his pals who get involved in all kinds of hassles simply because of an identity mix-up. Forget the name of it but you guys should check it out if you get a chance

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun May 08, 2016 1:24 pm

All sounds a bit far fetched for my tastes fly.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun May 08, 2016 1:47 pm

SecretFly wrote:There was a good movie on last night about a Bum and his pals who get involved in all kinds of hassles simply because of an identity mix-up.  Forget the name of it but you guys should check it out if you get a chance

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 9 Th?id=OIP.M9b1b19c5e561e05cfddcec13933b06ffH0&pid=15

I think this is the film you meant.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun May 08, 2016 2:25 pm

Hobo with a shotgun, jesus what a shockingly bad film that is.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun May 08, 2016 2:32 pm

PaulHv2 wrote:Hobo with a shotgun, jesus what a shockingly bad film that is.

I have banned people for less.

On a scale of 1 to Awesome its off the chart.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun May 08, 2016 2:33 pm

It's a film to watch when you're smashed, not one for the purists shall we say Laugh

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun May 08, 2016 2:40 pm

No purist should ever have seen a shockingly bad movie Wink

Some bad movies are actually perfect movies, falling easily into the classic So-Bad-It's-Brilliant category.

But other dross..... we should never know guys; we just should never know how bad they were..... Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sun May 08, 2016 6:02 pm

Watched The Jungle Book last night - not really sure how good it was as it's the first film I've seen in 3D and I was completely mesmerized (for any Men of the North reading this, 3D is probably coming your way one of these years, it's a kind of magic when you wear dark spectacles at the picture show and it looks like you're inside with all the characters).

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sun May 08, 2016 6:06 pm

SecretFly wrote:No purist should ever have seen a shockingly bad movie Wink

Some bad movies are actually perfect movies, falling easily into the classic So-Bad-It's-Brilliant category.

But other dross.....  we should never know guys; we just should never know how bad they were..... Wink

Hobo With A Shotgun was one of those Sharknado types that set out to be a cult hit with nothing up its sleeve - tries the so-bad-it's-good route but turned out to be more of a so-bad-it's-boring rip-off.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun May 08, 2016 7:45 pm

Hobo with a shotgun is w&nk. It has not even got John Goodman in it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon May 09, 2016 11:11 am

CHUD has John Goodman in it.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2016 1:55 pm

During the time Tarantino and Rodriguez were doing the Grindhouse thing, they made spoof trailers for upcoming features. There was "Hobo with a Shotgun" and "Machete" They were so convincing that fans wanted to see these films so they made both. Personally I think Machete is great (Machete 2 is dire even though it does have Sofia Vergara firing bullets out of her bra) but "Hobo... is so bad it's untrue.

None of them are as good as "The Big Lebowski" though...which is tremendous

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon May 09, 2016 1:58 pm

Dear God.............. what I could have done with such wasted money.

Let's all here write a script and get it produced on a crowd fund deal!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2016 2:13 pm

It could star Adam (Alfred? Arnold?Amy?) we could call it "The Man who wasn't There"

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon May 09, 2016 2:19 pm

Three Guys, a Rabbit, Sixteen Virgins and the Devil

Get your dialogue around that one, Tarantino!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon May 09, 2016 2:20 pm

..I actually have that story half written in my head now already. It's amazing how quickly weird titles become viable projects.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon May 09, 2016 6:13 pm

DAVE667 wrote:During the time Tarantino and Rodriguez were doing the Grindhouse thing, they made spoof trailers for upcoming features. There was "Hobo with a Shotgun" and "Machete" They were so convincing that fans wanted to see these films so they made both. Personally I think Machete is great (Machete 2 is dire even though it does have Sofia Vergara firing bullets out of her bra) but "Hobo... is so bad it's untrue.

If you like The Big Lebowski you should try Barton Fink. It's a bit like The Big Lebowski in that it features John Goodman, John Turturro and Steve Buscemi but it's much, much better.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2016 7:24 pm

Galted wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:During the time Tarantino and Rodriguez were doing the Grindhouse thing, they made spoof trailers for upcoming features. There was "Hobo with a Shotgun" and "Machete" They were so convincing that fans wanted to see these films so they made both. Personally I think Machete is great (Machete 2 is dire even though it does have Sofia Vergara firing bullets out of her bra) but "Hobo... is so bad it's untrue.

If you like The Big Lebowski you should try Barton Fink.  It's a bit like The Big Lebowski in that it features John Goodman, John Turturro and Steve Buscemi but it's much, much better.
Having seen it I'd have to disagree. Far too slow for my liking and, more importantly, not nearly as good as The Big Lebowski

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon May 09, 2016 7:37 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Galted wrote:

If you like The Big Lebowski you should try Barton Fink.  It's a bit like The Big Lebowski in that it features John Goodman, John Turturro and Steve Buscemi but it's much, much better.
Having seen it I'd have to disagree. Far too slow for my liking and, more importantly, not nearly as good as The Big Lebowski

No, SerialDAVE. I very much think that if you were to reflect on what you've said you would find that you're quite, quite wrong.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2016 12:07 pm

Galted wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Galted wrote:

No, SerialDAVE.  I very much think that if you were to reflect on what you've said you would find that you're quite, quite wrong.
This is no snap judgment I've made so you can rein in your calls for reassessing my decision. Have watched most of the Coen bros films barring Ladykillers and Serious Man and STILL feel Big Lebowski tops the lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue May 10, 2016 8:38 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Galted wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Galted wrote:

No, SerialDAVE.  I very much think that if you were to reflect on what you've said you would find that you're quite, quite wrong.
This is no snap judgment I've made so you can rein in your calls for reassessing my decision. Have watched most of the Coen bros films barring Ladykillers and Serious Man and STILL feel Big Lebowski tops the lot.

Whether combining your response with mine is a michaels-up or a tactic I don't know, but it has derailed my argument. We'll call this one a stalemate, but don't think I'll forget this. And don't think I'm going to keep quiet about it the next time I find you digging a hole on a moor or dropping a suitcase into a canal, even if I'm not the one in the suitcase.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat May 14, 2016 1:47 pm

Watched special correspondents on Netflix. 

Story about Eric nana and Ricky gervais who miss their flights to Ecuador to cover a war and decide to fake being there from across the road of their radio station. Gervais plays David Brent for the whole film but despite that, it's pretty good.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2016 11:20 pm

Batman v Superman.... goes on for ages... it's too f*cking dark most of the time and the level of destruction makes Batman's complaint about the amount of damage caused by Superman last time seem misguided. Anyway it's not as good as The Big Lebowski

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sun May 15, 2016 12:10 am

DAVE667 wrote:Batman v Superman.... goes on for ages... it's too f*cking dark most of the time and the level of destruction makes Batman's complaint about the amount of damage caused by Superman last time seem misguided. Anyway it's not as good as The Big Lebowski

Oooohh, I don't know about that, SerialDAVE.
Batman v Superman may not have been one of the Coen brothers' finest moments, but the performances by John Turturro, Steve Buscemi, John Goodman and the cameo by John Hetfield carried it past The Big Lebowski.  Just.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2016 11:46 am

You want dark, stick to Barton Fink, you want slow, stick to Barton Fink, you want not as good as The Big Lewbowski...you get the idea, Galted!

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon May 16, 2016 2:08 pm

Watched Room on Saturday night. It's very good, but bloody hell it's a tough watch and it doesn't help that the little boy is the same age as my daughter.

Not been that emotionally drained after a film since I watched The Road.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2016 2:56 pm

Bought "The Road" on Blu ray at the weekend. Seen it before but told me wife she'd enjoy it. Super, MONO are coming back on tour in Oct/Nov with Alcest

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon May 16, 2016 3:23 pm

Interesting - I may actually look out for tickets for that. Got a mate in Leeds who loves MONO so he'll be up for it.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2016 3:36 pm

It's at the Brudenell Social Club in Leeds which a colleague tells me is a good venue. Got my tickets already so be aware (CC rules apply)

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon May 16, 2016 3:53 pm

DAVE667 wrote:It's at the Brudenell Social Club in Leeds which a colleague tells me is a good venue. Got my tickets already so be aware (CC rules apply)

Hmm I go the Bru as well DAVE, you will love the place if you have not been already.

It is basically a working men's club, with all the perks that come with that, cheap beer, snooker, few bell ends, etc...

But have shed loads of really good bands, both famous, and local...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2016 3:58 pm

Sadly I'll not be drinking Rick but I've heard good things about it (acoustics etc) which should make the MONO gig a joy

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon May 16, 2016 3:59 pm

Yeah the guys who runs it, is a big music(y) person and every effort has been made to turn it into a great intimate gig place, you will have a blast.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon May 16, 2016 5:15 pm

I can't make it. Don't let that ruin your evening.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Mon May 16, 2016 11:44 pm

Went to see Our Kind of Traitor tonight. It's good, but a bit lacking in intrigue and doesn't have much in the way of twists. Damian Lewis is excellent as the Spook in charge and Stellan Skarsgard is fantastic as the Russian mafia "accountant" looking for safe passage of his family out of Russia. Ewen MacGregor kind of phones in his performance and it's difficult to see Naomie "Moneypenny" Harris as a non-spy in a spy thriller.

Still, it's fairly well put together and an enjoyable watch. 7/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Tue May 17, 2016 6:41 am

Captain America-Civil War

Not too bad. I don't want to give away any of the plot but it will be interesting to see how they all team up for the next Avengers film.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2016 1:29 pm

Rowley wrote:I can't make it. Don't let that ruin your evening.

I hadn't considered it until you brought the subject up, but now I think I'll be ok. It'll be the aural equivalent of a Radox bath

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue May 17, 2016 1:35 pm

On the basis of stuff that I know Jeff likes, I think he would like MONO.

I'd start with Hymn to the Immortal Wind - very much the aural equivalent of a lovely Radox bath.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2016 1:38 pm

My favourite is "Legend" from "For My Parents"

Personally, I think Jeff would hate MONO on the basis that you and I like them cos he's a f*cking snob

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue May 17, 2016 1:56 pm

Atila wrote:Captain America-Civil War

Not too bad. I don't want to give away any of the plot but it will be interesting to see how they all team up for the next Avengers film.

You mean............... *gulp*..................... you mean they have unresolved issues????

Who will save us now if Putin decides to let the world know what he thinks of the new Eurovision voting system????

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue May 17, 2016 1:58 pm

I'd go with Follow the Map or Everlasting Light from Hymn....  

MONO tick all the music snob boxes though.  Japanese, post rock, instrumental, obscure - what more could any discerning music fan want?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2016 2:01 pm

superflyweight wrote:I'd go with Follow the Map or Everlasting Light from Hymn....  

MONO tick all the music snob boxes though.  Japanese, post rock, instrumental, obscure - what more could any discerning music fan want?
Careful Super, don't want people gatecrashing our eclectic, selective club

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue May 17, 2016 2:04 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:I'd go with Follow the Map or Everlasting Light from Hymn....  

Careful Super, don't want people gatecrashing our eclectic, selective club

Yeah, f*ck off everyone. Don't even think about gatecrashing the gig and mess up the ignoring each other's existence vibe that Dave and I will have going on.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun May 22, 2016 12:20 pm

Watched Trainwreck last night which was bearable. How's that for a review.

Also watched kings man again on Friday which is still awesome and my face film of the last decade

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 22, 2016 12:39 pm

Face film? What the Wtf?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun May 22, 2016 1:18 pm

It's what all the cool kids say.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun May 22, 2016 1:55 pm

Facetastic! I OMG that!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next