The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sullivan Barrera Offered Ward Fight

+3
mobilemaster8
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
hazharrison
7 posters

Go down

Sullivan Barrera Offered Ward Fight Empty Sullivan Barrera Offered Ward Fight

Post by hazharrison Wed 23 Dec 2015, 7:44 am

Unbeaten Cuban Barrera is 17-0 (12 KOs) - more like it from Ward?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Sullivan Barrera Offered Ward Fight Empty Re: Sullivan Barrera Offered Ward Fight

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Wed 23 Dec 2015, 9:49 am

Laughably bad. Looking at Boxrec (sorry!) he's only fought one twelve round fight.

Ward got lambasted for fighting Smith, who had at least fought at world level.

Ward is basically the school bully picking on the fattest, nerdiest, weakest kid.

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Sullivan Barrera Offered Ward Fight Empty Re: Sullivan Barrera Offered Ward Fight

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 23 Dec 2015, 9:52 am

No surprise here to be honest.

Don't think anybody cares about Ward anymore. He is a has been.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 23 Dec 2015, 9:59 am

As said above ward isn't relevant any more

Until he fights kovalev he starts from square one

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 23 Dec 2015, 10:56 am

Ward is destroying his own legacy quite impressively.

He was never popular, but at least he was relevant - now he's neither.

His 'promotional issues' excuse no longer flies so he's just turning himself into a joke now. I'd back him to beat anyone at LHW on 6 weeks notice, bar Kovalev, and even the eastern european beast would only be evens to my mind after proper build up and camp.

Is Ward with Haymon now? Sure looks like it given all the pathetic fights he's running up.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 23 Dec 2015, 11:05 am

Was slated to fight Artur Beterbiev in an IBF eliminator (that would be a very impressive win) but not sure why it never came off....??

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/9969381/artur-beterbiev-to-face-sullivan-barrera-in-ibf-light-heavyweight-eliminator

Beterbiev hasn't fought in 6 months now, these EE amateur 'stars' don't half like to take their time over things......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 23 Dec 2015, 11:37 am

No idea who this is... but he's an undefeated Cuban so definitely a live opponent.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 23 Dec 2015, 12:07 pm

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake wrote:Laughably bad. Looking at Boxrec (sorry!) he's only fought one twelve round fight.

Ward got lambasted for fighting Smith, who had at least fought at world level.

Ward is basically the school bully picking on the fattest, nerdiest, weakest kid.

I'm not sure Sullivan is that - he's a far cry from Paul Smith. Trains at Big Bear under Abel Sanchez and whacked out Murat in his last fight.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 23 Dec 2015, 12:09 pm

Murat who probably isn't even Paul Smith's level himself.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 23 Dec 2015, 4:31 pm

Seems that Ward won't take on just about anyone unless it benefits him, which the Super Six was always in his favour, home fights and people pulling out of the tournament.

That being said, this fight isn't too bad since he is moving into a new division, I would watch it.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 23 Dec 2015, 7:38 pm

I have zero interest in this fight. Ward has all the talent in the world but he's doing nothing to cement his legacy. He is unbearably dull to watch and even worse to listen to. Granted he won the Super 6 but that was 4 years ago. Dawson aside he's done bugger all else worth noting.

Let me know when he's got a decent opponent.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 23 Dec 2015, 8:41 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:I have zero interest in this fight. Ward has all the talent in the world but he's doing nothing to cement his legacy. He is unbearably dull to watch and even worse to listen to. Granted he won the Super 6 but that was 4 years ago. Dawson aside he's done bugger all else worth noting.

Let me know when he's got a decent opponent.

Can't even count Dawson, he got drained to the point of being a zombie

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down