The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Annual 'Whose injured for 6 Nations' thread

+23
nathan
LondonTiger
majesticimperialman
Gwlad
wrfc1980
WELL-PAST-IT
Poorfour
Seagultaf
BamBam
Notch
bluestonevedder
propdavid_london
No 7&1/2
the-goon
Knowsit17
mikey_dragon
whocares
funnyExiledScot
wales606
lostinwales
Geordie
LordDowlais
bedfordwelsh
27 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Annual 'Whose injured for 6 Nations' thread - Page 3 Empty The Annual 'Whose injured for 6 Nations' thread

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 05 Jan 2016, 1:48 am

First topic message reminder :

So well its getting close now and as ever injuries will play its part as it does in every season/tournament but whose out for your perspective Country at the moment?

For Wales the current list as far as I am aware (please amend where relavent) is:

Samson Lee (I think he's still out isn't he)
Jake Ball
Sam Warburton
Rhys Webb
Scott Williams
Tyler Morgan
Jack Dixon
Liam Williams
Leigh Halfpenny
Hallum Amos
Gareth Anscombe

I know there are some fringe players out as well or those that might have made squad etc but those are the ones who have been in squads of late, again if missed anyone please add.

Ball is out for about 10 weeks I believe but not sure and can be covered by AWJ, Chaerteris and Davies plus giving chance maybe to Thornton. If Lee is out then I guess Francis will get another shot with Jarvis,

Wilson has said Warburton nor Anscombe will be rushed back and if SW is out then the obvious replacement is Tipuric.

The dragons have said at least either Morgan and/or Amos should be back for the Castres game next week.

We know Scott Williams is out for the season as is most likely Halfpenny but Webb should be back before end of 6 nations, what about Liam Williams though any news from the Scarlets camp?

IMO and with those injuries in mind the are of the back 3 could be the biggest concern due to fact that not only is Halfpenny, Williams, Amos and Anscombe won't have much gametime the others such as North and Cuthbert are out of form.

So what back 3 could we see, is Tom James' form enough for a recall, what about Hook or Patchell at XV, what about giving young Hewitt a crack?

Thoughts guys.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

The Annual 'Whose injured for 6 Nations' thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Annual 'Whose injured for 6 Nations' thread

Post by munkian Wed 13 Jan 2016, 7:47 pm

Whens the Welsh squad announced ? I assume its after the weekend games ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

The Annual 'Whose injured for 6 Nations' thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Annual 'Whose injured for 6 Nations' thread

Post by LordDowlais Wed 13 Jan 2016, 8:40 pm

Some good news on the injury front for Wales, a couple of players coming back this and next weekend:-

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wales-set-handed-double-six-10723929

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 13 Jan 2016, 11:56 pm

I think it's Jan 19th that he announces the squad.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 14 Jan 2016, 2:57 am

Liam Williams will be back for the 6N:-

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/liam-williams-remains-course-return-10727723

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 14 Jan 2016, 3:08 am

LordDowlais wrote:Liam Williams will be back for the 6N:-

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/liam-williams-remains-course-return-10727723

With 0 game time which is a worry. Amos (if he plays tomorrow) will have had one game Doh
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 14 Jan 2016, 3:10 am

munkian wrote:

With 0 game time which is a worry. Amos (if he plays tomorrow) will have had one game Doh

It says that he will be fit to play for Connacht on the 30th Jan, perhaps Gatland will let him play some of that game to give him some game time.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Thu 14 Jan 2016, 4:33 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
munkian wrote:

It says that he will be fit to play for Connacht on the 30th Jan, perhaps Gatland will let him play some of that game to give him some game time.

This is reassuring

I have no issues slotting Liam back in at 15 for such a huge game as our opener
Amos also deserves to get back on the wing if fit and i think we are looking sharp with Anscombe providing cover

? Balders Lee
AWJ Charters
Warbs/Tips, Taulupe/Baker, Lydiate

Davies, Biggar, North, Doc, JD2, Amos, Liam

Gethin, owens, ?, Bradley or Ball, Moriarty, Tipuric, Lloyd, Anscombe.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 15 Jan 2016, 8:02 am

Gwlad wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
munkian wrote:

This is reassuring

I have no issues slotting Liam back in at 15 for such a huge game as our opener
Amos also deserves to get back on the wing if fit and i think we are looking sharp with Anscombe providing cover

? Balders Lee
AWJ Charters
Warbs/Tips, Taulupe/Baker, Lydiate

Davies, Biggar, North, Doc, JD2, Amos, Liam

Gethin, owens, ?, Bradley or Ball, Moriarty, Tipuric, Lloyd, Anscombe.

I reckon Jenkins will start with James on bench but really hope we start looking to develop Evans or Smith

I would have Moriarty as back up to Faletau rather than Baker and Ball has been ruled out so Davies on bench

I would happily put Williams on the wing instead of North with Anscombe then at XV

Not sure who would be 3rd back on the bench though
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Fri 15 Jan 2016, 1:13 pm

How is Liam recovering…i worry about his foot, seems like whenever he pushes it the foot goes, his bandy legs can't help whatever is going on in there.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 15 Jan 2016, 9:18 pm

Gwlad wrote:How is Liam recovering…i worry about his foot, seems like whenever he pushes it the foot goes, his bandy legs can't help whatever is going on in there.

Supposed to be 'on track' for a Six Nations return - but I hope they don't rush him back.

His legs are crazy - couldn't stop a pig in a passage way
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sat 16 Jan 2016, 10:46 am

Sam Davies needs to be considered as a back up 10 after another great performance off the bench tonight

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 16 Jan 2016, 11:23 am

No.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Sat 16 Jan 2016, 5:55 pm

I've not seen Davies before, but he looked considerably better than Biggar last night.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat 16 Jan 2016, 6:21 pm

Poorfour wrote:I've not seen Davies before, but he looked considerably  better than Biggar last night.

Hes a natural attacking player like Morgan who can cover 10 and 15…whats not to like

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 17 Jan 2016, 3:48 am

Davies is quite a poor player. He isn't great at the basics and can't really control the game from fly-half. He's highly rated in Ospreylia but they rate all their players; the good ones and crap ones. To tout him for Wales honours is one of the most cycloptic comments I have read.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 17 Jan 2016, 3:48 am

Gwlad wrote:
Poorfour wrote:I've not seen Davies before, but he looked considerably  better than Biggar last night.

Hes a natural attacking player like Morgan who can cover 10 and 15…whats not to like

He's nothing like Morgan.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 17 Jan 2016, 9:08 am

MD,

Glad I am not alone in thinking as you do
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 20 Jan 2016, 2:12 am

On Sam Davies its good to differ on occasion - A young lad who may yet become the next Biggar and learn to control a game given time. As for RP Crying or Very sad

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 20 Jan 2016, 11:26 pm

It looks as though Warburton will be back Friday night giving Gatland a chance to pick him:-

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wales-captain-sam-warburton-start-10762072

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:43 pm

LordDowlais wrote:It looks as though Warburton will be back Friday night giving Gatland a chance to pick him:-

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wales-captain-sam-warburton-start-10762072

Gethin is back as well so looks like the only ones who might not have any game time before the Ireland game is Liam Williams. Though I think its been suggested that Williams against Connacht next weekend whilst Lydiate is touch and go for the Os Exeter game this weekend.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3