The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+35
socal1976
Nay
Holymiky
Nico the gman
dyrewolfe
Alistair
Atila
nathan
Jermaine2015
compelling and rich
Stella
Breadvan
Lowlandbrit
1GrumpyGolfer
TopoftheChops
JDizzle
Duty281
sirfredperry
hampo17
guildfordbat
Mat
kingraf
Crimey
GSC
lfc91
Dolphin Ziggler
Corporalhumblebucket
westisbest
TRUSSMAN66
Hammersmith harrier
NickisBHAFC
Hero
Fernando
Ent
Good Golly I'm Olly
39 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 16 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 12 Jan 2016, 9:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

Olly wrote:Would very much appreciate it if Utd stopped being poo thanks

Ta
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 16 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Duty281 Sun 14 Feb 2016, 1:58 pm

GSC wrote:Probably fair in the end I guess. Leicester bottled it in the last 20 minutes.

Sets up a better finish to the season

You seem rather neutral - red card, right or wrong?

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 16 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by GSC Sun 14 Feb 2016, 2:03 pm

Soft yellow, but when you've been booked you ride your luck with these niggly challenges.

Equally not a fan of attackers going down intentionally to buy a penalty.

Also Drinkwater got away with a shocking tackle.

Not sure the ref had a good game but didn't really favour either team unduly. Leicester just bottled it under intense pressure in the last 20.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 14 Feb 2016, 2:04 pm

Really happy for Welbeck

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 14 Feb 2016, 2:04 pm

GSC wrote:Soft yellow, but when you've been booked you ride your luck with these niggly challenges.

Equally not a fan of attackers going down intentionally to buy a penalty.

Also Drinkwater got away with a shocking tackle.

Not sure the ref had a good game but didn't really favour either team unduly. Leicester just bottled it under intense pressure in the last 20.

Thank you, sir. thumbsup

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Feb 2016, 2:10 pm

Still wouldn't fancy Arsenal to seal the deal. They'll flake on the road.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 14 Feb 2016, 2:12 pm

FreekShow wrote:Still wouldn't fancy Arsenal to seal the deal. They'll flake on the road.

It's difficult to see Leicester managing to cope with the enormity of the task they have in front of them.

Arsenal have come from behind to defeat their closest rivals - confidence is a glorious potion.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 14 Feb 2016, 2:13 pm

FreekShow wrote:Still wouldn't fancy Arsenal to seal the deal. They'll flake on the road.

Their saving grace being that this year, so has everyone else

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 14 Feb 2016, 2:13 pm

Yeah still a long way to go. Remains to be seen whether this one will hurt
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Feb 2016, 2:20 pm

Duty281 wrote:

It's difficult to see Leicester managing to cope with the enormity of the task they have in front of them..

What are you on about. Been able to cope for weeks now, if they couldn't handle it, they would of folded at the Etihad. For 50mins at the morgue today, they were coping fine & leading, until the referee intervened. Go back under your rock.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 14 Feb 2016, 2:21 pm

LiamB wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

It's difficult to see Leicester managing to cope with the enormity of the task they have in front of them..

What are you on about. Been able to cope for weeks now, if they couldn't handle it, they would of folded at the Etihad. For 50mins at the morgue today, they were coping fine & leading, until the referee intervened. Go back under your rock.

Although it has been said by many league winners that the season starts now in many ways for the title chasing pack. You just have to look at Liverpool, the reality of actually achieving it can be a curse.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 14 Feb 2016, 2:23 pm

LiamB wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

The enormity of the task in front of them is tremendous, as Norwich found out in 1993. It will hurt Leicester greatly in the final run-in now that they are being talked up as genuine contenders, whereas before they were plucky underdogs.

Fairy tales rarely happen. Tottenham have more chance of winning the league than Leicester do.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 14 Feb 2016, 2:24 pm

Yeah, probably no coincidence that Liverpool struggled after the Manchester City win, where winning the title looked a reality.

Sturridge and Coutinho linking up again, they have been a huge miss. Considering he played 60 mins mid-week and looks fit and sharp now, Klopp has handled Sturridge well it seems. Time will tell though.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 14 Feb 2016, 2:26 pm

Gutted for Leciester as I'm sure most of the country is!

However good to see Wellbeck score and Sturridge with one now as well!

Kane, Vardy and Rooney already going to France you have to feel, who will take the last spot.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 14 Feb 2016, 2:27 pm

Arsenal players on Twitter, acting as if they've won the league. Twa*s

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 14 Feb 2016, 2:28 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Arsenal players on Twitter, acting as if they've won the league. Twa*s

How dare they celebrate a 95th minute winner against the team that is top of the league?!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 14 Feb 2016, 2:30 pm

Duty281 wrote:
NickisBHAFC wrote:Arsenal players on Twitter, acting as if they've won the league. Twa*s

How dare they celebrate a 95th minute winner against the team that is top of the league?!

Yeah, this really. Lets not get silly now.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 14 Feb 2016, 2:30 pm

Villa just give the season up. So sh*t

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 14 Feb 2016, 2:48 pm

In leicester's favour they do have a fairly comfortable fixture list coming up
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 14 Feb 2016, 2:52 pm

Olly wrote:In leicester's favour they do have a fairly comfortable fixture list coming up

Exactly, the expectation will be on them to win. Teams will be playing for the draw against them. Leicester will get frustrated. The odd couple of points dropped here and there will be soul-destroying.

And their last three games are quite tough.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Feb 2016, 2:56 pm

Yeah, they don't wanna go to Chelsea needing a win. The spoilers they are.

I've still not gotten over it Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 14 Feb 2016, 3:06 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Villa just give the season up. So sh*t

Would probably smoke your lot.

Suppose we'll find out next season.

Although dont disagree th so sh1t part.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 14 Feb 2016, 3:10 pm

It's not a lack of effort for Villa, the players just don't seem good enough. Agbonlahor is particularly poor.

Mignolet is so bad though, seems to make every Liverpool player nervous.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Feb 2016, 3:15 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Olly wrote:In leicester's favour they do have a fairly comfortable fixture list coming up

Exactly, the expectation will be on them to win. Teams will be playing for the draw against them. Leicester will get frustrated. The odd couple of points dropped here and there will be soul destroying.

Pointless post.

erm,, Arsenal are no different to Leicester, you haven't won a league title since 04'. The expectation is on Arsenal from here. Stop coming out with all this nonsense.. Teams will play defensively against Arsenal too & play for draws. Arsenal will get frustrated, Arsenal will drop points, like you did against WBA/Norwich/Southampton. Post makes no sense or proves anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 14 Feb 2016, 3:21 pm

Good goal, Villa are gone.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 14 Feb 2016, 3:22 pm

Dear me.

Fk me, my old sunday league team who were in division 7 would beat villa.

Shocking. Laugh

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 14 Feb 2016, 3:23 pm

LiamB wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Exactly, the expectation will be on them to win. Teams will be playing for the draw against them. Leicester will get frustrated. The odd couple of points dropped here and there will be soul destroying.

Pointless post.

erm,, Arsenal are no different to Leicester, you haven't won a league title since 04'. The expectation is on Arsenal from here. Stop coming out with all this nonsense.. Teams will play defensively against Arsenal too & play for draws. Arsenal will get frustrated, Arsenal will drop points, like you did against WBA/Norwich/Southampton. Post makes no sense or proves anything

What do you mean by 'you'? Headscratch

The difference is that Arsenal players are used to the levels of expectation and have (to put it simply) better players than Leicester. Teams will play defensively against Arsenal - yes - but Arsenal are familiar with that, they are used to that, unlike Leicester.

And of course my post doesn't prove anything - it's an opinion.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 14 Feb 2016, 3:26 pm

We so deserve to go down automatically for losing to Villa
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Feb 2016, 3:28 pm

Duty281 wrote:
LiamB wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Pointless post.

What do you mean by 'you'?

Come back when you can beat Wealdstone Run

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 14 Feb 2016, 3:29 pm

Worst Villa side i have seen in 30 years.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 14 Feb 2016, 3:30 pm

Good for confidence for Liverpool though, best players are back from injury and scored a boat load of goals.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 14 Feb 2016, 3:32 pm

FreekShow wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
LiamB wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Pointless post.

What do you mean by 'you'?

Come back when you can beat Wealdstone Run

Laugh

4-4 isn't bad after being 4-1 down after 80 minutes!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 14 Feb 2016, 3:35 pm

Time to give some of these young lads a go now.

Reserve/u21 side has done well.

You could honestly pick 11 guys from the stand and they would do better.

From my point of view its very sad to see how low this club is.

Far cry from years gone by.

Wouldnt blame him if Garde walks tomorrow.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 14 Feb 2016, 3:38 pm

Kolo!!

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 14 Feb 2016, 3:53 pm

Can anybody see anybody wanting to take Villa off Lerner's hands? This might be the start of a steep decline if someone doesn't come in and sort out the behind the scenes mess
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Sun 14 Feb 2016, 4:09 pm

westisbest wrote:Worst Villa side i have seen in 30 years.

Worst Villa team I've seen........ever!
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 14 Feb 2016, 4:18 pm

Villa's only bonus is no one is gonna buy those players! Players that were once Premier League worthy.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 14 Feb 2016, 4:48 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Villa's only bonus is no one is gonna buy those players! Players that were once Premier League worthy.

Not sure how it's a positive that they're not gonna be able to get rid of some of these players
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 14 Feb 2016, 4:53 pm

That's not a good thing, villa are gonna have to have a complete re shuffle.

Get rid of the rubbish ones and the expensive wages one. Bed some youngsters in and get some proven championship players in.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 14 Feb 2016, 5:02 pm

God this game is boring - has either keeper made a save?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 14 Feb 2016, 5:03 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:That's not a good thing, villa are gonna have to have a complete re shuffle.

Get rid of the rubbish ones and the expensive wages one. Bed some youngsters in and get some proven championship players in.

Spot on nick.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 14 Feb 2016, 5:15 pm

I think the likes of Veretout, Gueye, will probably go back to France or somewhere else.

Do Hope we keep Gil, think he could be good in the championship.

Obviously there will be players who want to leave.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 14 Feb 2016, 5:27 pm

Vardy, Kane, Sturridge, Wellbeck all scoring this weekend. Lovely.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 14 Feb 2016, 5:37 pm

Been following the game on the BBC live text.

Usual outpouring of emotion from the criminally ignorant - "big clubs are favoured, cry, cry, cry" - seems to have stopped, in favour of another outpouring of emotion from the criminally ignorant - "refereeing in this country is abysmal, cry, cry, cry."

If Tottenham can hold on here, they will be very nicely placed in the title run-in. Their goal difference is worth an extra point in itself, and if they get knocked out of the Europa League on the 25th, they will have an advantage over Arsenal. And Tottenham are home for some crucial fixtures in the run-in.

But they have to hold on first.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Feb 2016, 5:44 pm

I hate games decided by awful ref decisions. Never, ever, ever a pen

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 14 Feb 2016, 5:47 pm

Bang. 1-1. Arsenal and Leicester would love it to stay 1-1.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 14 Feb 2016, 5:49 pm

Spurs haven't actually been that good - can't remember Hart having to make a save (only thing he did was pick the pen out the net)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 14 Feb 2016, 5:55 pm

What a composed finish.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 14 Feb 2016, 5:55 pm

Lovely ball by Lamela
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 14 Feb 2016, 5:57 pm

Absolutely lovely goal by Tottenham.

This season has taken another turn!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 14 Feb 2016, 6:07 pm

So Arsenal favourites. Tottenham second (will be massively helped if Florentina knock them out). Citeh third. Leicester the unlikely fourth favourites.

Agree? Of course you don't. laughing

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next