The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INDIA number 1 test team in the world in ICC rankings

+11
guildfordbat
msp83
Corporalhumblebucket
Duty281
Hammersmith harrier
CaledonianCraig
KP_fan
alfie
kingraf
VTR
It Must Be Love
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

INDIA number 1 test team in the world in ICC rankings  - Page 2 Empty INDIA number 1 test team in the world in ICC rankings

Post by It Must Be Love Sun 17 Jan 2016, 11:43 am

First topic message reminder :

As someone who is of Indian origin, India have continued to provide amazing inspiration.

Now for their latest act, they have proved that you don't necessarily need to win that many test series or even test matches to be the best in the world.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/story/962775.html

I'm pretty sure they've been whitewashed more in the last 4 years than they've won series. Great stuff.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

INDIA number 1 test team in the world in ICC rankings  - Page 2 Empty Re: INDIA number 1 test team in the world in ICC rankings

Post by Gooseberry Thu 28 Jan 2016, 9:25 am

VTR wrote:I will bite

They are number one by a single point, to me that says there isn't a number one. So the ranking show it as it is, a number of teams close together that on their day can beat each other

I also think under the system, 100 is supposed to represent a par performance, so being number one on 110 again supports the fact of there not being one dominant team. I seem to recall the great Australian teams having scores around 140 and being miles ahead, something we didn't need a ranking system to tell us

So all a bit of fun, a point of interest but nothing more

Leicester City are top of the Premier League by a point, trust me .. that makes them number one Wink

Joking aside the ratings gaps are as importnat as the rankings as you point out. A results based objective system rather than a subjective predictive system will always have some lag in it, espeically in a format where so few games are actually played and where home/away form swings wildly.

Its certainly right to say theres no clear number one, could any of us agree who deserves it more? Thats pretty well reflected if we look at the ratings rather than just the rankings.

I dont think anyone would claim that the sytem is perfect but non of the tweeks suggested would change the fundamental problems in trying to objectively rank teams who rarely play each other and dont always field their strongest sides when they do. Does that mean we shoudl do away with the rankings? I dont think so, something is better than nothing.
The two division global season ideas...just not workable.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

INDIA number 1 test team in the world in ICC rankings  - Page 2 Empty Re: INDIA number 1 test team in the world in ICC rankings

Post by It Must Be Love Fri 26 Feb 2016, 6:12 pm

Australia beat New Zealand 2-0 out of 2, AWAY in new zealand.

That in my mind makes them clear number 1 given the form of new zealand; and the rankings reflect that too.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 26 Feb 2016, 9:28 pm

So top in the main 2 formats and in Women's cricket.

Still about 8th in T20 though...

I don't care much for rankings! Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Wed 02 Mar 2016, 10:04 pm

England beat Aus, and SA in SA..5th

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2