The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The halfway point is reached

Go down

The halfway point is reached Empty The halfway point is reached

Post by bogbrush Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:20 pm

So, with round 1 complete we've just passed the halfway mark of the tournament. Always sad to see the end in sight when it seems it only just began.

Won't be long before the hit and giggle event makes TV. Sad
bogbrush
bogbrush

Posts : 11169
Join date : 2011-04-13

Back to top Go down

The halfway point is reached Empty Re: The halfway point is reached

Post by HM Murdock Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:25 pm

That's consolation for the Rafa fans.

Even when he's below his best, he still makes the halfway point.

HM Murdock

Posts : 4749
Join date : 2011-06-10

Back to top Go down

The halfway point is reached Empty Re: The halfway point is reached

Post by laverfan Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:49 pm

A bit below the belt, IMVHO. Run

laverfan
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 11154
Join date : 2011-04-07
Location : NoVA, USoA

Back to top Go down

The halfway point is reached Empty Re: The halfway point is reached

Post by temporary21 Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:17 pm

Agreed. Not a very clever move...

temporary21

Posts : 5092
Join date : 2014-09-07

Back to top Go down

The halfway point is reached Empty Re: The halfway point is reached

Post by Guest Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:39 pm

Laugh 

Sometimes you have to laugh at least...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The halfway point is reached Empty Re: The halfway point is reached

Post by HM Murdock Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:47 pm

If you could specify which kind of tennis results can and can't be joked about, it would be useful for future reference.

HM Murdock

Posts : 4749
Join date : 2011-06-10

Back to top Go down

The halfway point is reached Empty Re: The halfway point is reached

Post by bogbrush Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:55 pm

I've been away a while and it seems the forums need for vibrant, insightful and stimulating posts has been shouldered by wholly Murdoch.  clap

Nature abhors a vacuum.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Posts : 11169
Join date : 2011-04-13

Back to top Go down

The halfway point is reached Empty Re: The halfway point is reached

Post by HM Murdock Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:18 pm

In retrospect, I'm disappointed in my post.

I think BB was in with a decent chance of setting a new personal best for how innocuous a post he can make and still provoke an argument. I rather scuppered it by upping the ante.

Sorry, BB.

You're still in with a shout on the other thread though...

HM Murdock

Posts : 4749
Join date : 2011-06-10

Back to top Go down

The halfway point is reached Empty Re: The halfway point is reached

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:13 am

legendkillarV2 wrote:Laugh 

Sometimes you have to laugh at least...

Of course its hilarious witty and clever... when its at Rafa/fans expense..eh lk???? otherwise it could be called wumming

Haddie-nuff

Posts : 6933
Join date : 2011-02-27
Location : Returned to Spain

Back to top Go down

The halfway point is reached Empty Re: The halfway point is reached

Post by Guest Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:33 am

Haddie you can give back you know. Smile

I wouldn't call it wumming. Be a good sport...If Roger falls at Round 3 I am sure BB is ready and able for the flow of comments Wink

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The halfway point is reached Empty Re: The halfway point is reached

Post by bogbrush Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:12 am

legendkillarV2 wrote:Haddie you can give back you know. Smile

I wouldn't call it wumming. Be a good sport...If Roger falls at Round 3 I am sure BB is ready and able for the flow of comments Wink
Indeed, fair play.

Though I would now be especially sore if he did lose because he's going for his 300th Grand Slam match win Shocked
bogbrush
bogbrush

Posts : 11169
Join date : 2011-04-13

Back to top Go down

The halfway point is reached Empty Re: The halfway point is reached

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:52 am

bogbrush wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:Haddie you can give back you know. Smile

I wouldn't call it wumming. Be a good sport...If Roger falls at Round 3 I am sure BB is ready and able for the flow of comments Wink
Indeed, fair play.

Though I would now be especially sore if he did lose because he's going for his 300th Grand Slam match win Shocked

I could give back but I wont.. I think both of these champions are at the stages of their careers where we should stop point scoring.. I am truly  disappointed as a fan, but more disappointed for Rafa.. I will give all due credit to Roger he is still able do the business.. BB wont get any comments from me...well not at the moment at least Wink !!!!!!

Haddie-nuff

Posts : 6933
Join date : 2011-02-27
Location : Returned to Spain

Back to top Go down

The halfway point is reached Empty Re: The halfway point is reached

Post by Guest Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:16 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:Haddie you can give back you know. Smile

I wouldn't call it wumming. Be a good sport...If Roger falls at Round 3 I am sure BB is ready and able for the flow of comments Wink
Indeed, fair play.

Though I would now be especially sore if he did lose because he's going for his 300th Grand Slam match win Shocked

I could give back but I wont.. I think both of these champions are at the stages of their careers where we should stop point scoring.. I am truly  disappointed as a fan, but more disappointed for Rafa.. I will give all due credit to Roger he is still able do the business.. BB wont get any comments from me...well not at the moment at least Wink !!!!!!

The forum has become too uniform and professional!

Let your hair down Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The halfway point is reached Empty Re: The halfway point is reached

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:32 pm

Bookmarked lk.. I might just quote you when you get on your next high horse Wink

Haddie-nuff

Posts : 6933
Join date : 2011-02-27
Location : Returned to Spain

Back to top Go down

The halfway point is reached Empty Re: The halfway point is reached

Post by laverfan Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:08 pm

Watching Federer (and Nadal), it is sheer will/determination/love of the game/money, which motivates them. Neither has anything to prove.

Elder statesmen of the game, deserve respect, irrespective of their loss of power or loss of speed, as the case may be.

Watching Halys v Djokovic, it was fun to think about Djokovic as the Elder in a few years.

laverfan
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 11154
Join date : 2011-04-07
Location : NoVA, USoA

Back to top Go down

The halfway point is reached Empty Re: The halfway point is reached

Post by Guest Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:15 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:Bookmarked lk.. I might just quote you when you get on your next high horse Wink

And what a magnificent stead it will be! Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The halfway point is reached Empty Re: The halfway point is reached

Post by Guest Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:24 pm

laverfan wrote:Watching Federer (and Nadal), it is sheer will/determination/love of the game/money, which motivates them. Neither has anything to prove.

Elder statesmen of the game, deserve respect, irrespective of their loss of power or loss of speed, as the case may be.

Watching Halys v Djokovic, it was fun to think about Djokovic as the Elder in a few years.

The thing is this thread was set up in jest. It wasn't even to be taken seriously in the literal sense.

I have no doubt all players are respected by fans, just most fans will carry an appreciation for specific players based on a whole range of appealing factors. Style/Personality/Nationality there are many.

When the top players lose, without doubt their defeats trigger the most scrutiny and much over-analysis. And why not? It is the standard they set themselves and is expected not only to be met by themselves but by fans too.

No harm in the most passionate supporters, but also no harm in the most laid back posters who make fun on a little moments now and then.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The halfway point is reached Empty Re: The halfway point is reached

Post by temporary21 Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:51 pm

Yeah I mean they both deserve the utmost respect, sometimes even for different reasons. As a fan you don't wanna see people beat on them when theyre down, because its a bit of a low blow frankly. Their struggles in their twilight don't diminish or trivialise what they did before, that's just not how it works.

If Rafa retired tomorrow, there would be no real regret at all, the h2h caning hes given to most his rivals means he cant ever really be ruled out of that old bovine discussion, despite his other shortcomings. You can of course just ignore and dismiss the h2h... but I mean you cant if youre being serious about it. But this is for the sticky

We all expect very passionate fans to make a joke to the others every now and then. That's all good as long as BOTH guys are in on it, its a bit of friendly ribbing.

History over the many years, shows though that isn't even close to true for certain pairings, and it just looks sad and uncomfortable, which is when we might ask you not to.

Basically when its not funny to both sides, don't do it, no excuses, its just not on the cards.

temporary21

Posts : 5092
Join date : 2014-09-07

Back to top Go down

The halfway point is reached Empty Re: The halfway point is reached

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum