The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

+12
stub
Exiledinborders
VinceWLB
kingelderfield
Cardiff Dave
LeinsterFan4life
Pot Hale
Sin é
Scottrf
Notch
eirebilly
wickedwasp
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously? - Page 2 Empty No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by wickedwasp Sat 23 Jan 2016, 6:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fantastic match. Amazing performance from Wasps. Launch, Haskell excellent. Awesome try from Daly. And nobody cares...........

Starting to feel unloved here (pouts, pulls blankets over head and settles in for a major sulk.

Seriously, though, guys ???????

wickedwasp

Back to top Go down

No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously? - Page 2 Empty Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by Sin é Sun 24 Jan 2016, 5:00 pm

Luke Fitz made 8 tackles, missing 2
Reid made 9, missed 1
Marsh made 7, missed 1
D Kearney made 4 and missed 3.
Zane Kirchener made 4 and missed 1.

Fitz made plenty of breaks etc., but he didn't score. We need a few wingers who can actually score tries.

I think Fitz's best position is inside centre.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously? - Page 2 Empty Re: No thread on Wasps v Leinster - seriously?

Post by Sin é Sun 24 Jan 2016, 5:04 pm

eirebilly wrote:Having nothing to play for has no bearing in games like these I feel. Every team wants to win every match.

Leinster fielded a decent side containing many Irish representatives. The only Leinster player out there that had a decent game was Fitz, he gave it his all and must be pushing Schmidt for the 11 shirt against Wales.

Heaslip was poor and if Stander has another good game then he should start at 8 against Wales (moving him to 6 to accommodate Heaslip would be a huge mistake in my eyes).

Likewise Rob Kearney, he is no clearly 2nd behind Payne for the Irish 15 shirt.

Just hop Sexton is ok, he has had far too many concussions in the last 18months. Must have question marks over his future in the game.

He should be behind Zebo.

I think Payne & Henshaw will start in the centre v. Wales.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 24 Jan 2016, 5:11 pm

Sin é, I do believe that Zebo is ahead of Kearney right now for the 15 shirt but I simply cannot ignore what Payne brings to that 15 shirt. For me, its his best position and he should play there. Marshall / McCloskey or McCloskey / Henshaw should be the centre pairings for Ireland.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun 24 Jan 2016, 5:15 pm

Sin é wrote:Luke Fitz made 8 tackles, missing 2
Reid made 9, missed 1
Marsh made 7, missed 1
D Kearney made 4 and missed 3.
Zane Kirchener made 4 and missed 1.

Fitz made plenty of breaks etc., but he didn't score. We need a few wingers who can actually score tries.

I think Fitz's best position is inside centre.
Stats never tell the full story and have often been proven false depending on where you get them from. Reid for instance may be making a tackle but he'll be giving away huge meters in the process.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 24 Jan 2016, 5:38 pm

Sin é wrote:

Plenty of breaks, no finishers. Ireland need players who can score tries, particularly against Wales.

How come Luke Fitz is not being blamed for Dave Kearney missing tackles? Shouldn't he be organising the defence?

Not sure Fitz should be blamed for anything myself, thought he was the standout Leinster player yesterday. Although I believe that Fitz is much better at 12 than at 11, I feel that he will bring that extra bit of linebreaking ability from 11 against Wales. Can't see him ousting any of the Ulster boys for the 12 shirt unless its as an impact sub.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sun 24 Jan 2016, 6:03 pm

eirebilly wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Plenty of breaks, no finishers. Ireland need players who can score tries, particularly against Wales.

How come Luke Fitz is not being blamed for Dave Kearney missing tackles? Shouldn't he be organising the defence?

Not sure Fitz should be blamed for anything myself, thought he was the standout Leinster player yesterday. Although I believe that Fitz is much better at 12 than at 11, I feel that he will bring that extra bit of linebreaking ability from 11 against Wales. Can't see him ousting any of the Ulster boys for the 12 shirt unless its as an impact sub.

It wouldn't be hard to be the standout Leinster player yesterday. I thought he did a lot of ruck inspecting tbh. A team that conceeded 7 tries suggests a very poor defensive effort and as the senior player in the back (along with Kearney) he has to be have some of the  responsibility.

Ireland hammered the Welsh line last year (spent most of it in their 22) and couldn't score a try. I've seen nothing from Luke Fitz to suggest that he might make the difference this time. Lets not forget his one decent moment of the world cup was as a substitute. Up to that he showed nothing to suggest that he should start. And as a Joe Schmidt favourite, its really surprising that Schmidt had Dave Kearney ahead of him.

The players needed to make gainline breaks are the forwards. More of this conversation should be based on selections there, not in the backs.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 24 Jan 2016, 6:16 pm

I agree with you regarding the forwards Sin é, I was just responding to your comments about Fitz.

I am pretty sure that even the best defensive leader would have been able to do nothing to stem the tide yesterday. Leinster were simply well beaten. Kirchner and the Kearney brothers are sadly just not good defenders, there is nothing Fitz could have done.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Mon 25 Jan 2016, 6:11 am

Rollercoaster afternoon yesterday watching to see who Wasps next opponents were going to be.
At different stages during the 80 min game time our opponents were 5 different sides & possibly 6 as Ospreys only needed 3 points for a lbp to go through!
Brilliant stuff as much as I admire Exeter I probably would have preferred the Os or one of the French sides.
However, it gives us a chance to see if we can defend the Exeter rolling maul which did for 4 tries against us earlier in the season.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Mon 25 Jan 2016, 12:12 pm

Congrats to Wasps. Thoroughly deserved the win. Leinster were tripe but Wasps made them look tripe and put a stronger leinster side to sword than the leinster XV that defeated Bath the week before.

Best of luck to Wasps in the rest of the competition.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Mon 25 Jan 2016, 2:08 pm

thebandwagonsociety wrote:Congrats to Wasps.  Thoroughly deserved the win. Leinster were tripe but Wasps made them look tripe and put a stronger leinster side to sword than the leinster XV that defeated Bath the week before.

Best of luck to Wasps in the rest of the competition.

Always a good bunch of fans

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Mon 25 Jan 2016, 4:30 pm

BBC have put up;

Wasps have signed Ireland international prop Marty Moore from Leinster for the 2016-17 campaign.

The 24-year-old tight-head will join the Coventry-based Premiership side after seeing out the rest of the season in the Pro12 competition.

Moore has 10 Ireland caps and has been part of the past two Six Nations triumphs, but missed last autumn's 2015 World Cup through injury.

"I am excited about the challenge ahead in the Aviva Premiership," said Moore.

"However, up until the move I am fully committed to Leinster Rugby and I would like to thank everyone here as well as the Leinster fans for the support they have shown me."

Wasps director of rugby Dai Young and his coaching team have first-hand experience of Moore's talent, having faced them in the European Champions Cup this season.

"Marty has already proven his international pedigree with Ireland and, at only 24, he has plenty of years ahead of him to continue his development and become a top-class tight-head," said Young.

"We already have talented tight-heads at the club, but his addition will strengthen the depth we have in this key position."

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Mon 25 Jan 2016, 6:49 pm

Again... What does Nucifora actually do?

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2