The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AO 2015 - Day 7

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by laverfan Sat 23 Jan 2016, 7:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

Order of Play - http://www.ausopen.com/en_AU/scores/schedule/schedule12.html

Live Scores - http://www.ausopen.com/en_AU/scores/index.html

Day 7 Preview -http://www.ausopen.com/en_AU/news/articles/2016-01-23/day_7_preview_a_collision_course.html


(Hopefully the preview writer(s) will use some version of collide/collision/collusion - Laugh at some point tomorrow Run).

Update: My front and back yard- Thanks Jonas!


AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 FQYgIxg
AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 7jkijFm


Last edited by laverfan on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

laverfan
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 11155
Join date : 2011-04-07
Location : NoVA, USoA

Back to top Go down


AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by Jahu Sun 24 Jan 2016, 12:44 pm

Come on Goff, give us a quality set at least man.

Fed to finish in next 15 min this match, hope Berdy got tired good today.
Jahu
Jahu

Posts : 6747
Join date : 2011-03-29
Location : Egg am Faaker See

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by bogbrush Sun 24 Jan 2016, 12:44 pm

summerblues wrote:This has been very smooth so far.  Commentators saying courts playing a little faster this year, and that is my impression too.
Eight years too late steam
bogbrush
bogbrush

Posts : 11169
Join date : 2011-04-13

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 24 Jan 2016, 12:45 pm

lags72 wrote:Federer is sweating.

Why ?

He never sweats.

Is he ill ?

He has heard Jahu is racing to put a penny bet on him.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Posts : 20330
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 52
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jan 2016, 12:47 pm

The amount of running Goffin is having to do. It's insane.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by lags72 Sun 24 Jan 2016, 12:48 pm

You could be right CC Wink

lags72

Posts : 4801
Join date : 2011-11-07

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 24 Jan 2016, 12:48 pm

Goffin is playing his heart out here and still can't do alot against this insane tennis of Fedex Smile
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Posts : 6700
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32
Location : Towel Island

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by Jahu Sun 24 Jan 2016, 12:53 pm

Fed in exhibition mode.

Goffin joins the other disappointing new guys Dolgo, Dimi, etc etc, sad to see now new power.
Jahu
Jahu

Posts : 6747
Join date : 2011-03-29
Location : Egg am Faaker See

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 24 Jan 2016, 12:53 pm

lags72 wrote:Put some money on it JM.

But not a lot.

Definitely not a lot Cool
I hate betting companies so I won't bother Whistle

Only ever bet amongst friends
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Posts : 6700
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32
Location : Towel Island

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by Jahu Sun 24 Jan 2016, 12:53 pm

Any one missing Nadal a little? I am... Smile
Jahu
Jahu

Posts : 6747
Join date : 2011-03-29
Location : Egg am Faaker See

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jan 2016, 12:54 pm

Their not new!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by bogbrush Sun 24 Jan 2016, 12:54 pm

Jahu wrote:Fed in exhibition mode.

Goffin joins the other disappointing new guys Dolgo, Dimi, etc etc, sad to see now new power.
It's coming to something when you start hoping Kygios could do something.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Posts : 11169
Join date : 2011-04-13

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by Jahu Sun 24 Jan 2016, 12:54 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:
lags72 wrote:Put some money on it JM.

But not a lot.

Definitely not a lot Cool
I hate betting companies so I won't bother Whistle

Only ever bet amongst friends

Top man, Beting + Wonga style money = cancer for society Smile
Jahu
Jahu

Posts : 6747
Join date : 2011-03-29
Location : Egg am Faaker See

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by Jahu Sun 24 Jan 2016, 12:55 pm

bogbrush wrote:
Jahu wrote:Fed in exhibition mode.

Goffin joins the other disappointing new guys Dolgo, Dimi, etc etc, sad to see now new power.
It's coming to something when you start hoping Kygios could do something.

Hahaha nice one, pining hopes on Korgi, just shows the sad state of affairs currently.
Jahu
Jahu

Posts : 6747
Join date : 2011-03-29
Location : Egg am Faaker See

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by lags72 Sun 24 Jan 2016, 12:55 pm

Very true JM. There's no doubt that he is trying hard, no lack of effort.

Must be so disheartening after all the work he will have put in during the off-season.

Maybe the Fed level will dip in this third ....

Agree lk. Dolgo, Dimi ..... far from new !!

lags72

Posts : 4801
Join date : 2011-11-07

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by bogbrush Sun 24 Jan 2016, 12:56 pm

Jahu wrote:
Josiah Maiestas wrote:
lags72 wrote:Put some money on it JM.

But not a lot.

Definitely not a lot Cool
I hate betting companies so I won't bother Whistle

Only ever bet amongst friends

Top man, Beting + Wonga style money = cancer for society Smile
Thirded.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Posts : 11169
Join date : 2011-04-13

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jan 2016, 12:57 pm

Hoping Ymer and Rublev might develop into something of challenging nature.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by banbrotam Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:00 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
Matchpoint wrote:Not totally surprising for me. Looks like he's struggling to adapt to harsher playing conditions in the sun, his first in this tourney. Simon took Fed to 5 sets in an early round in 2011. He's still grinder par excellence at 31. Can be very dangerous. But I expect Djoko to survive.

No I have to disagree. He has played in much hotter conditions than this without issues. This is a tournament renowned for sweltering conditions and he has owned this tournament for years.

Novak certainly has a higher proportion of 'poorer' matches when it's very hot. This can't be coincidence

banbrotam

Posts : 3373
Join date : 2011-09-22
Age : 59
Location : Oakes, Huddersfield - West Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by bogbrush Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:02 pm

This is brutal. He's not taking just some balls early, his default position seems to be to take it close to the bounce all the time.

The hand-eye coordination needed to do this routinely is extraordinary, just unreal.


Last edited by bogbrush on Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
bogbrush
bogbrush

Posts : 11169
Join date : 2011-04-13

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by Jahu Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:02 pm

OT: For LF and the snow, just saw her pics:

Less snow here by now, but very cold -16.2C = 2.84F

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Temp11
Jahu
Jahu

Posts : 6747
Join date : 2011-03-29
Location : Egg am Faaker See

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:03 pm

It's like Goffin is the reluctant pup being asked to fetch a ball from his master.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by bogbrush Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:03 pm

I got to get over to Canada!!
bogbrush
bogbrush

Posts : 11169
Join date : 2011-04-13

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by Jahu Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:04 pm

bogbrush wrote:This is brutal. He's not taking just some balls early, his default position seems to be to take it close to the bounce all the time.

The hand-eye coordination needed to do this routinely is extraordinary, just unreal.


So Ljubo seems to be better then Edberg? Smile

Net play from Edberg, move/bh from Ljubo, this could not be such a dodgy partnership.
Jahu
Jahu

Posts : 6747
Join date : 2011-03-29
Location : Egg am Faaker See

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by coolpixel Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:04 pm

this is so one-way-traffic that i am beginning to feel for Goffin. he is the 15th seed and played very well in the recent Davis cup.

he can't be this bad!

coolpixel

Posts : 242
Join date : 2011-02-04

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:05 pm

Jahu wrote:OT: For LF and the snow, just saw her pics:

Less snow here by now, but very cold -16.2C = 2.84F

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Temp11

Is that temperature in your palace of love? Wink

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by Jahu Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:05 pm

bogbrush wrote:I got to get over to Canada!!

Aren't you there for some time? Back to UK? Afraid of Canadian winters? Laugh
Jahu
Jahu

Posts : 6747
Join date : 2011-03-29
Location : Egg am Faaker See

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by bogbrush Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:05 pm

Good game Goffin!

Will make him feel a bit better.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Posts : 11169
Join date : 2011-04-13

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:06 pm

Goffin breaks. Feels token enough.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by bogbrush Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:07 pm

Jahu wrote:
bogbrush wrote:I got to get over to Canada!!

Aren't you there for some time? Back to UK? Afraid of Canadian winters? Laugh
I do go there a lot but work has kept me too busy this last year. I love Canadian winters - zipping around on a ski-do at -25 is interesting!


Last edited by bogbrush on Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
bogbrush
bogbrush

Posts : 11169
Join date : 2011-04-13

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by Jahu Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:07 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:
Jahu wrote:OT: For LF and the snow, just saw her pics:

Less snow here by now, but very cold -16.2C = 2.84F

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Temp11

Is that temperature in your palace of love? Wink

Hahaha yes, make 'em shiver and hug you deeper from cold Laugh
Jahu
Jahu

Posts : 6747
Join date : 2011-03-29
Location : Egg am Faaker See

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by Born Slippy Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:08 pm

Midnight passes and Goffin suddenly looks a challenge!

Born Slippy

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2012-05-05

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by Jahu Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:08 pm

bogbrush wrote:
Jahu wrote:
bogbrush wrote:I got to get over to Canada!!

Aren't you there for some time? Back to UK? Afraid of Canadian winters? Laugh
I do go there a lot but work has kept me too busy this last year. I love Canadian winters - zipping around on a ski-do at -25 is interesting!

Agree, nothing better then snow, frozen nostrils and a mulled wine Smile
Jahu
Jahu

Posts : 6747
Join date : 2011-03-29
Location : Egg am Faaker See

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:09 pm

banbrotam wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:
Matchpoint wrote:Not totally surprising for me. Looks like he's struggling to adapt to harsher playing conditions in the sun, his first in this tourney. Simon took Fed to 5 sets in an early round in 2011. He's still grinder par excellence at 31. Can be very dangerous. But I expect Djoko to survive.

No I have to disagree. He has played in much hotter conditions than this without issues. This is a tournament renowned for sweltering conditions and he has owned this tournament for years.

Novak certainly has a higher proportion of 'poorer' matches when it's very hot. This can't be coincidence

He has played in far hotter conditions than today and never got close to 100 unforced errors in a match.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Posts : 20330
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 52
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by bogbrush Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:11 pm

Federer goes sloppy.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Posts : 11169
Join date : 2011-04-13

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by Jahu Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:17 pm

All done, quick and not too tiring match.

Goffn needs some new coach and change something asap.
Jahu
Jahu

Posts : 6747
Join date : 2011-03-29
Location : Egg am Faaker See

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by summerblues Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:18 pm

This was very watchable Federer today.

summerblues

Posts : 4550
Join date : 2012-03-07

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:20 pm

Jahu wrote:All done, quick and not too tiring match.

Goffn needs some new coach and change something asap.

He needs this!

https://youtu.be/9ATzXG9YVdI

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by Jahu Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:21 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:
Jahu wrote:All done, quick and not too tiring match.

Goffn needs some new coach and change something asap.

He needs this!

https://youtu.be/9ATzXG9YVdI

Hahaha where the heck you fund this, wish I could too it too Smile
Jahu
Jahu

Posts : 6747
Join date : 2011-03-29
Location : Egg am Faaker See

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:22 pm

Berdych had Feds number in 2012 used to fear playing him.

Then he lost his fear and started owning the match-up.

Great so far clap
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Posts : 6700
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32
Location : Towel Island

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by summerblues Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:23 pm

HM Murdock wrote:I'll be interested to see the scheduling for Tuesday.

For a slam that brands itself as the Asia Pacific slam, one would think that a Japanese player versus the world #1 (and reigning champion) would be the evening session..

Is Tuesday not a holiday in Australia? If so, it may be less obvious that the night match is the prime slot. Not sure about the AO, but the USO often puts the biggest matches on during the day in the middle weekend.

summerblues

Posts : 4550
Join date : 2012-03-07

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by Jahu Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:26 pm

Stan in 4 against Rao.

Isner tough one to beat the ferret.

Andy to walkover Tom in quick 3.

Monfils in 3.
Jahu
Jahu

Posts : 6747
Join date : 2011-03-29
Location : Egg am Faaker See

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:31 pm

summerblues wrote:This was very watchable Federer today.
A nice demonstration of how to mix the play up.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Posts : 6700
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32
Location : Towel Island

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by summerblues Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:33 pm

So in the top half it is the top four seeds through.

summerblues

Posts : 4550
Join date : 2012-03-07

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:36 pm

Tomic has been mouthing off in the press I hope Murray feeds him some sweet bagels, then laughs in his face.

Also don't see how Raonic would beat Stan with only big serves.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Posts : 6700
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32
Location : Towel Island

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:40 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Haddie nuff I am standing ready with the sick bucket. Wink

Im pleased about that CC...I think the bucket gets bigger after every match.
God knows we can do without another duel of words between the contenders  in the GOAT debate..
If Fed wins this  there will be those who  will never let us  hear the last of it. or indeed  we may  never  see Socal again Wink

Haddie-nuff

Posts : 6933
Join date : 2011-02-27
Location : Returned to Spain

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by bogbrush Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:41 pm

Such a pity Tomic isn't playing Federer.

Tonic didn't like Federer saying he'd found it hard to reach his potential. Always makes me laugh when people don't like Federers assessments when they not put harshly and are right. Remember Murray in 2008, then in 2 years everyone started saying the same thing as if it was novel.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Posts : 11169
Join date : 2011-04-13

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by bogbrush Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:43 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:Haddie nuff I am standing ready with the sick bucket. Wink

Im pleased about that CC...I think the bucket gets bigger after every match.
God knows we can do without another duel of words between the contenders  in the GOAT debate..
If Fed wins this  there will be those who  will never let us  hear the last of it. or indeed  we may  never  see Socal again Wink
There is no GOAT debate, unless we're counting the fishing skills that Rafa is free to hone these days.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Posts : 11169
Join date : 2011-04-13

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by bogbrush Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:43 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:
Jahu wrote:All done, quick and not too tiring match.

Goffn needs some new coach and change something asap.

He needs this!

https://youtu.be/9ATzXG9YVdI
So that's what an egg chamber looks like!
bogbrush
bogbrush

Posts : 11169
Join date : 2011-04-13

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:45 pm

bogbrush wrote:Such a pity Tomic isn't playing Federer.

Tonic didn't like Federer saying he'd found it hard to reach his potential. Always makes me laugh when people don't like Federers assessments when they not put harshly and are right. Remember Murray in 2008, then in 2 years everyone started saying the same thing as if it was novel.

Murray in 2008? Refresh my memory....
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Posts : 20330
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 52
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by Jahu Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:45 pm

Hahaha, yeah and a few gluten free pizzas inside the chamber Laugh
Jahu
Jahu

Posts : 6747
Join date : 2011-03-29
Location : Egg am Faaker See

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun 24 Jan 2016, 1:49 pm

bogbrush wrote:
Haddie-nuff wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:Haddie nuff I am standing ready with the sick bucket. Wink

Im pleased about that CC...I think the bucket gets bigger after every match.
God knows we can do without another duel of words between the contenders  in the GOAT debate..
If Fed wins this  there will be those who  will never let us  hear the last of it. or indeed  we may  never  see Socal again Wink
There is no GOAT debate, unless we're counting the fishing skills that Rafa is free to hone these days.

Headscratch picard

Haddie-nuff

Posts : 6933
Join date : 2011-02-27
Location : Returned to Spain

Back to top Go down

AO 2015 - Day 7 - Page 4 Empty Re: AO 2015 - Day 7

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum