The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+11
Dolphin Ziggler
Adam D
Pal Joey
rIck_dAgless
Rowley
Galted
JuliusHMarx
superflyweight
Mind the windows Tino.
ShahenshahG
seanmichaels
15 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 16 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by seanmichaels Thu 21 Jan 2016, 2:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 16 Hugh-Jackman15

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 16 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:32 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:We'd all be wearing sunglasses indoors.

l*l

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 16 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:41 am

Name the song and the original artist from these lyrics
1. Radio video, boogie with a suitcase, you’re livin’ in a disco, forget about the rat race, let’s do the milkshake, sellin’ like a hotcake.
2. He's got a degree in economics, Maths, physics and bionics, He thinks that I'm a cabbage, 'Cause I hate University Challenge.
3. No more carefree laughter, Silence ever after, Walking through an empty house, Tears in my eyes.
4. You've really made the grade, And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear, Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare.
5. And do they know, The places where we go, When we're grey and old, 'cos I have been told, That salvation lets their wings unfold.
6. Although it's always crowded, You still can find some room, For broken-hearted lovers, To cry there in the gloom.
7. You cry out in your sleep, All my failings exposed, There's a taste in my mouth, As desperation takes hold, Just that something so good, Just can't function no more.
8. A-wop-bom-a-loo-mop-a-lomp-bom-bom.
9. Life is a mystery, Everyone must stand alone, I hear you call my name, And it feels like home.
10. Because when the sun shines, we'll shine together, Told you I'll be here forever, Said I'll always be your friend, Took an oath, I'ma stick it out to the end, Now that it's raining more than ever, Know that we'll still have each other.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:42 am

4 - Space Oddity - Bowie

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:43 am

5- Angels - R.Williams
10 - umbrella - Rhianna

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:44 am

9. Like a Prayer - Madonna

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:45 am

8. Tutti-Fruiti? - Little Richard

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:45 am

9) Like a Prayer - Madge

One of the greatest ever songs by a female solo artist.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:45 am

Dolphin you slag.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:46 am

1. Pop Music - M
6. Heartbreak Hotel - Elvis

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:48 am

3. Knowing Me Knowing You - ABBA

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:48 am

7. Love will tear us apart - Joy Division

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:51 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Dolphin you slag.

Number one on the day I was born. Still hate everything she has ever done. When you're too young for the cult of personality that Madonna had then you just see her as an ugly hag with a weak voice

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:53 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Dolphin you slag.

Number one on the day I was born. Still hate everything she has ever done. When you're too young for the cult of personality that Madonna had then you just see her as an ugly hag with a weak voice

Nothing to do with her 'cult of personality' for me. I was 11 years old.

Just a great song with a great video.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:54 am

Venice and the lion wasn't it?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:55 am

Or was that Like a Virgin?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:55 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:Or was that Like a Virgin?

Yep.

Like a Prayer was the black Jesus one.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 09 Feb 2016, 10:24 am

All correct so far.
Just this one to get :-
2. He's got a degree in economics, Maths, physics and bionics, He thinks that I'm a cabbage, 'Cause I hate University Challenge.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 09 Feb 2016, 10:26 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:All correct so far.
Just this one to get :-

That lyric could have been about me.

I hate University Challenge.

Although I don't have a degree in Economics, Maths, Physics or Bionics.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Feb 2016, 10:28 am

I f*cking hate Madonna and everything she stands for. The last good thing she wrote was the cheque she made out to that African family in payment for her kids

ANOTHER f*cking accident on my road this morning. Scooter notch driven slap bang into a car. Completely the scooter notch's fault as they clearly thought they owned the f*cking road despite driving what basically amounts to a hairdryer with wheels. One side of the road blocked, no-one out taking care of the traffic congestion so everyman for themselves. Took me an hour to get in.

ALSO, is there a more despicable specimen in the working world than the bin man? They now turn up at 7am so the bin goes out the night before otherwise they drive off laughing like c*nts as you shout at them to wait. Storm Imogen blew everyone's bins over last night and the bin men have left the cardboard and plastic bottles that have fallen out so our road looks a mess. Absolute w*nkers!

Morning all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 09 Feb 2016, 10:34 am

DAVE667 wrote:I f*cking hate Madonna and everything she stands for. The last good thing she wrote was the cheque she made out to that African family in payment for her kids

ANOTHER f*cking accident on my road this morning. Scooter notch driven slap bang into a car. Completely the scooter notch's fault as they clearly thought they owned the f*cking road despite driving what basically amounts to a hairdryer with wheels. One side of the road blocked, no-one out taking care of the traffic congestion so everyman for themselves. Took me an hour to get in.

ALSO, is there a more despicable specimen in the working world than the bin man? They now turn up at 7am so the bin goes out the night before otherwise they drive off laughing like c*nts as you shout at them to wait. Storm Imogen blew everyone's bins over last night and the bin men have left the cardboard and plastic bottles that have fallen out so our road looks a mess.  Absolute w*nkers!

Morning all.

Classic SerialDAVE opening.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 09 Feb 2016, 10:35 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:Or was that Like a Virgin?

Yep.

Like a Prayer was the black Jesus one.

Oh, of course. That was quite a sight to behold!

I've dropped a little zinger in the U19 cricket thread. Just summing up my views on traditional v modern global sport. (sorry Jules)

Don't know how else to describe it but the concept of sportsmanship is different (or non-existent) with certain cultures. That lacks soul, imo.
Like the presumptuous kid in a Saigon sports bar who asked me several years ago: "Do you follow Man U or Chelsea?" As if there were only two clubs.

"Neither" was my answer. (it was that Liverpool v West Ham FA Cup thriller from 2006)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 09 Feb 2016, 10:53 am

It was My Perfect Cousin by The Undertones.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 09 Feb 2016, 10:54 am

Don't talk about that game, it still hurts.

2 is an Undertones song I think but I cannot be sure nor do I know what its called. My teenage years were spent listening to my Dad's old records and cassettes, that was definitely on there.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 09 Feb 2016, 10:55 am

Oh, well there you go then

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 09 Feb 2016, 10:56 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:My teenage years were spent listening to my Dad's old records and cassettes

Same here. Although I would add w*nking furiously and as often as possible into the mix.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 09 Feb 2016, 11:01 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:My teenage years were spent listening to my Dad's old records and cassettes

Same here.  Although I would add w*nking furiously and as often as possible into the mix.

You did mix tapes?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 09 Feb 2016, 11:02 am

Same here.  Although I would add w*nking furiously and as often as possible into the mix.

The proof was in the pudding?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 09 Feb 2016, 11:02 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

You did mix tapes?

Yep. Although I wouldn't w*nk at the same time. That would put me off my rhythm.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Feb 2016, 11:04 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

You did mix tapes?

Yep.  Although I wouldn't w*nk at the same time.  That would put me off my rhythm.
Count yourself lucky you weren't w*nking and listening to SLAYER at the same time...you'd have burst into flames

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 09 Feb 2016, 11:07 am

Anyone know what the lyrics of Blinded by the Light mean?
It was blaring on the radio today and although I must have heard it a million times... I still can't work it out. The calliope crashed to the ground?
It was too much back then... still too much now... but has a great bass line.
Manfred Mann must be getting on now.

Last edited by The Loaded Dog on Tue 09 Feb 2016, 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 09 Feb 2016, 11:07 am

DAVE667 wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

You did mix tapes?

Yep.  Although I wouldn't w*nk at the same time.  That would put me off my rhythm.
Count yourself lucky you weren't w*nking and listening to SLAYER at the same time...you'd have burst into flames

I have an awful image of a teenage SerialDAVE now.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 09 Feb 2016, 11:09 am

1. What is the longest running musical in the history of Broadway?
2. The Antoinette Perry Award for Excellence in Theatre is more commonly known as what?
3. Which Rodgers & Hammerstein musical originally starred Mary Martin as Maria Rainer?
4. Another Suitcase in Another Hall and You Must Love Me are songs from which musical?
5. Which musical was based on the short novel Goodbye To Berlin, features the character Sally Bowles and opened on Broadway in 1966?
6. What year did Mamma Mia open in the West End?
7. For one point what is the oldest theatre still in use in London – a) Theatre Royal, Drury Lane b) Theatre Royal, Haymarket or c) The Royal Opera House, Covent Garden. For the second point what century and decade did it first open?
8. Who wrote the book for the musical We Will Rock You, based on the songs of Queen?
9. The Society of West End Theatre Awards were renamed in 1984 after which actor?
10. What is the longest running musical in the history of the West End?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 09 Feb 2016, 11:11 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:1. What is the longest running musical in the history of Broadway?
2. The Antoinette Perry Award for Excellence in Theatre is more commonly known as what?
3. Which Rodgers & Hammerstein musical originally starred Mary Martin as Maria Rainer?
4. Another Suitcase in Another Hall and You Must Love Me are songs from which musical?
5. Which musical was based on the short novel Goodbye To Berlin, features the character Sally Bowles and opened on Broadway in 1966?
6. What year did Mamma Mia open in the West End?
7. For one point what is the oldest theatre still in use in London – a) Theatre Royal, Drury Lane b) Theatre Royal, Haymarket or c) The Royal Opera House, Covent Garden. For the second point what century and decade did it first open?
8. Who wrote the book for the musical We Will Rock You, based on the songs of Queen?
9. The Society of West End Theatre Awards were renamed in 1984 after which actor?
10. What is the longest running musical in the history of the West End?

Haven't got a clue about any of them. F*cking hate musicals and opera and all that jazz (which I also hate).

Good luck to the rest of you.

My money is on The Loaded Dog. Seems like a cultured guy for an Aussie.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 09 Feb 2016, 11:13 am

Phuck... where do you get all of these, Marxus? Laugh

Did you just whip this one up or is there a special website you go to?
You must have been Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in another life. Amazing.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue 09 Feb 2016, 11:17 am

1. Phantom
2. A Tony
8. Ben Elton?

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 09 Feb 2016, 11:17 am

I hope 1. doesn't involve Hugh Jerkman!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 09 Feb 2016, 11:17 am

5. Cabaret

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 09 Feb 2016, 11:21 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:Phuck... where do you get all of these, Marxus? Laugh

It was one of the rounds I did for a music quiz a the tennis club. I was trying to cater for all musical tastes.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 09 Feb 2016, 11:22 am

1GrumpyGolfer wrote:1. Phantom
2. A Tony
8. Ben Elton?

All correct

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Tue 09 Feb 2016, 11:23 am

9. Laurence Olivier
10. Cats

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 09 Feb 2016, 11:23 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:5. Cabaret

Correct

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 09 Feb 2016, 11:23 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

It was one of the rounds I did for a music quiz a the tennis club. I was trying to cater for all musical tastes.

It's great.

3. The Sound of Music

Last edited by The Loaded Dog on Tue 09 Feb 2016, 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 09 Feb 2016, 11:24 am

1GrumpyGolfer wrote:9. Laurence Olivier
10. Cats

9. Correct
10. Incorrect

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Feb 2016, 11:25 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

You failed spectacularly.

My opinion of this sort of stuff mirrors that of Tina who, as I may have mentioned, is my favourite, and has merely cemented his place there with his condemnation of the subject matter of this quiz

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 09 Feb 2016, 11:35 am

DAVE667 wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

You failed spectacularly.

My opinion of this sort of stuff mirrors that of Tina who, as I may have mentioned, is my favourite, and has merely cemented his place there with his condemnation of the subject matter of this quiz

Obviously this one round didn't cater for all musical tastes. That would be like only slaughtering redheads.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 09 Feb 2016, 11:36 am

DAVE wrote:ANOTHER f*cking accident on my road this morning. Scooter notch driven slap bang into a car. Completely the scooter notch's fault as they clearly thought they owned the f*cking road despite driving what basically amounts to a hairdryer with wheels. One side of the road blocked, no-one out taking care of the traffic congestion so everyman for themselves. Took me an hour to get in.

Same thing happened to me, we could've been close to breach of CC rules on not meeting...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 09 Feb 2016, 11:37 am

If its not the Book of Mormon or The Lion King then I don't care. Even those were a stretch for me to enjoy.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Feb 2016, 12:31 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
DAVE wrote:ANOTHER f*cking accident on my road this morning. Scooter notch driven slap bang into a car. Completely the scooter notch's fault as they clearly thought they owned the f*cking road despite driving what basically amounts to a hairdryer with wheels. One side of the road blocked, no-one out taking care of the traffic congestion so everyman for themselves. Took me an hour to get in.

Same thing happened to me, we could've been close to breach of CC rules on not meeting...
What road was this on Rick? You may have been dangerously close to my lair house.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 09 Feb 2016, 12:36 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

What road was this on Rick? You may have been dangerously close to my lair house.

I was on Gain Lane mate so I suspect we may be OK...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Feb 2016, 12:54 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

I was on Gain Lane mate so I suspect we may be OK...
Phew!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next