The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nat West Schools cup

3 posters

Go down

Nat West Schools cup Empty Nat West Schools cup

Post by hugehandoff Wed 10 Feb 2016, 6:18 pm

Just got back to the office having watched the Nat West 1/4 final U15 match between Dulwich and Wellington. Very impressive by both sides with Wellington running out deserving winners. I was chatting to a friend on the touchline and we both had a son each on opposing benches (neither son got on) and we agreed that the rugby on display by some of these schools bears no resemblance to the schools rugby we played. The standard has risen hugely as has the resources and commitment given by some of these (private and very wealthy) schools. Any state/grammar schools doing well should be applauded, but overall the standard is impressively high. The semis at Saracens ground will be crackers for sure and an amazing experience for so many boys.

Anyone else seen any of the matches at U15 or U18 this season?

hugehandoff

Back to top Go down

Nat West Schools cup Empty Re: Nat West Schools cup

Post by RubyGuby Thu 11 Feb 2016, 6:47 pm

Watched Truro lose 0-20 yesterday to QEGS in U 18's - Quality was poor - 10/10 for enthusiasm but very little skill on offer

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Fri 12 Feb 2016, 12:28 pm

My son plays U15s for the County and the matches I've seen at that level have been mighty impressive. I think many sports are now really well coached and have no resemblance to 20-30 yrs ago. I think this bodes very well for the future.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down