The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who gets on your wick....

+39
Soul Requiem
JDizzle
Luckless Pedestrian
Samo
Pal Joey
Uryu Ishida
Luke
Cardiff Dave
mikey_dragon
Dolphin Ziggler
lfc91
Beer
LionsV2
Tattie Scones RRN
JuliusHMarx
SecretFly
President Trump
superflyweight
Hero
Mad for Chelsea
kingraf
lostinwales
dyrewolfe
dummy_half
Galted
Hammersmith harrier
navyblueshorts
rIck_dAgless
Scottrf
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
Steffan
ShahenshahG
aja424
Pr4wn
TopHat24/7
TRUSSMAN66
Derbymanc
Scott is Back
43 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Who gets on your wick....

Post by Scott is Back Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

After seeing Kanye spouting all his rubbish on twitter, his new Homeless Look clothing range....and his video game of his mom trying to get into Heaven, could this man actually be any more of a b3ll3nd!

Tell me people.....who gets right on your t!ts!

Scott is Back

Posts : 635
Join date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down


Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by SecretFly Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:38 pm

Well it's just got socially serious here. All schools, colleges, universities are closing as of tomorrow for initially two weeks.

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-13

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by Pal Joey Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:29 pm

I've just heard the PM in Singapore is also closing mosques for two weeks so that they can thoroughly disinfect. Should do the same for all places of worship... everywhere.

This topic almost warrants a separate thread for discussion, information, etc.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52636
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by lostinwales Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:52 pm

Pal Joey wrote:I've just heard the PM in Singapore is also closing mosques for two weeks so that they can thoroughly disinfect. Should do the same for all places of worship... everywhere.

This topic almost warrants a separate thread for discussion, information, etc.

Do you mean to say that their gods won't be protecting them? I guess it didn't work in S. Korea.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 12352
Join date : 2011-06-10
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by Soul Requiem Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:55 pm

I'd be interested to know what's happening in N. Korea.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5972
Join date : 2019-07-17

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:29 am

lostinwales wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:I've just heard the PM in Singapore is also closing mosques for two weeks so that they can thoroughly disinfect. Should do the same for all places of worship... everywhere.

This topic almost warrants a separate thread for discussion, information, etc.

Do you mean to say that their gods won't be protecting them? I guess it didn't work in S. Korea.

The healing pools at Lourdes have been shut down.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Posts : 12762
Join date : 2013-04-29
Location : Chamber of the unmichaelsing fist

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by navyblueshorts Wed May 06, 2020 10:34 pm

Elon Musk. What a bell end.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52557291
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10393
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by navyblueshorts Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:42 am

Novak Djokovic. Enough said.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10393
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by navyblueshorts Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:09 am

Oh yeah. The 'Duke' and 'Duchess' of Sussex. **** off. Decide to ride off into the sunset and want nothing to do w/ the Royal Family, but see no issues w/ the hypocrisy of landing huge monetary deals precisely because of the former links w/ the Royals. Obviously, NetFlix etc would award any old nobodies lots of moolah in the same fashion, wouldn't they?

And, no, I don't give a flying 4X if she's expecting again.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10393
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : Off with the pixies...

mountain man likes this post

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by Pr4wn Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:12 am

navyblueshorts wrote:Oh yeah. The 'Duke' and 'Duchess' of Sussex. **** off. Decide to ride off into the sunset and want nothing to do w/ the Royal Family, but see no issues w/ the hypocrisy of landing huge monetary deals precisely because of the former links w/ the Royals. Obviously, NetFlix etc would award any old nobodies lots of moolah in the same fashion, wouldn't they?

And, no, I don't give a flying 4X if she's expecting again.

At least they're doing and making something for said money. Not to mention that Meghan was pretty loaded off her own back before meeting Harry.

It's still better than just getting a load of free money off the taxpayer just for being born into that parasitic family.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 5639
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Vancouver

CaledonianCraig likes this post

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by navyblueshorts Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:47 am

Pr4wn wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:Oh yeah. The 'Duke' and 'Duchess' of Sussex. **** off. Decide to ride off into the sunset and want nothing to do w/ the Royal Family, but see no issues w/ the hypocrisy of landing huge monetary deals precisely because of the former links w/ the Royals. Obviously, NetFlix etc would award any old nobodies lots of moolah in the same fashion, wouldn't they?

And, no, I don't give a flying 4X if she's expecting again.

At least they're doing and making something for said money. Not to mention that Meghan was pretty loaded off her own back before meeting Harry.

It's still better than just getting a load of free money off the taxpayer just for being born into that parasitic family.
I guess you could argue that. It's the hypocrisy of "Oh! Woe is us! We want nothing to do with that family!", quickly followed by capitalising on just that association that makes me want to vomit .
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10393
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by Derbymanc Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:35 pm

Toxic fanbases, whilst it's funny to watch them implode it's just embarrassing watching grown men call people out for not liking a particular thing (in particular right now i'm looking at the snooty Wandavision fans and the Snyder followers) but it happens everywhere. Pee off and let the rest of us just enjoy it

Derbymanc

Posts : 3985
Join date : 2013-10-15
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by dummy_half Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:13 am

Football fans on the BBC have your say...

If any of them are over the age of 12 I'd be surprised.

dummy_half

Posts : 5828
Join date : 2011-03-11
Age : 50
Location : East Hertfordshire

Duty281 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by lostinwales Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:43 am

Derbymanc wrote:Toxic fanbases, whilst it's funny to watch them implode it's just embarrassing watching grown men call people out for not liking a particular thing (in particular right now i'm looking at the snooty Wandavision fans and the Snyder followers) but it happens everywhere. Pee off and let the rest of us just enjoy it

All hail social media. Helps us find our tribe. Unfortunately that works for everyone.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 12352
Join date : 2011-06-10
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by navyblueshorts Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:56 am

dummy_half wrote:Football fans on the BBC have your say...

If any of them are over the age of 12 I'd be surprised.
Laugh Yeah. That said, the average IQ of Wales/England rugby fans seems to have dropped off over recent years, too....
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10393
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by navyblueshorts Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:52 pm

David Cameron. **** off you feckless, talentless moron.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/david-cameron-national-security-strategy-committee-boris-johnson-theresa-may-b1809851.html
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10393
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : Off with the pixies...

Pr4wn and Duty281 like this post

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by navyblueshorts Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:11 am

Ian Brown. Talentless cretin.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56278140

Suspect the World will do fine w/o him and his music at the festivals...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10393
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by Galted Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:42 am

navyblueshorts wrote:Ian Brown. Talentless cretin.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56278140

Suspect the World will do fine w/o him and his music at the festivals...

Saw this a couple of days back.

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Screen14
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14740
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by lostinwales Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:25 pm

People who think it is funny to get a rise out of someone else by being wilfully stupid

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 12352
Join date : 2011-06-10
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by navyblueshorts Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:10 pm

Any piece of schiesse who uses the words 'hero' or 'heroes' to describe either someone doing their job (even if it has periods of difficulty) or someone, even if they are elderly, walking around their garden. Go to Hell - you're demeaning the words and those who really do fit that bill.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10393
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : Off with the pixies...

Luckless Pedestrian likes this post

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:31 pm

Anyone who uses "with all due respect" at the start of any sentence. It's always a prelude to disrespect.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 20389
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by superflyweight Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:05 pm

With all due respect...

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 8088
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by hampo17 Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:39 am

Derbymanc wrote:Toxic fanbases, whilst it's funny to watch them implode it's just embarrassing watching grown men call people out for not liking a particular thing (in particular right now i'm looking at the snooty Wandavision fans and the Snyder followers) but it happens everywhere. Pee off and let the rest of us just enjoy it

Going to jump the defence of these guys Derby, they've had years of people telling them that the "Synder Cut" doesn't exist, it does. Then they were told it would be exactly the same film, it won't. Then people have just decided it's going to be suck and on any post anywhere on the world of social media, how the hell do they know as they haven't seen it? So I can understand why they see their backsides, as I do regularly with those self absorbed complete tosspots who can't let me enjoy something without being ordered to think that it's awful by some cretin who hasn't seen the damn thing mad mad mad mad mad mad


And......breathe.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9108
Join date : 2011-02-25
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by hampo17 Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:40 am

Anybody who buys a load of graphics cards for a stupid mining rig meaning I can't finish building my PC.

Tosspots.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9108
Join date : 2011-02-25
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by Derbymanc Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:36 am

PaulHv2 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:Toxic fanbases, whilst it's funny to watch them implode it's just embarrassing watching grown men call people out for not liking a particular thing (in particular right now i'm looking at the snooty Wandavision fans and the Snyder followers) but it happens everywhere. Pee off and let the rest of us just enjoy it

Going to jump the defence of these guys Derby, they've had years of people telling them that the "Synder Cut" doesn't exist, it does. Then they were told it would be exactly the same film, it won't. Then people have just decided it's going to be suck and on any post anywhere on the world of social media, how the hell do they know as they haven't seen it? So I can understand why they see their backsides, as I do regularly with those self absorbed complete tosspots who can't let me enjoy something without being ordered to think that it's awful by some cretin who hasn't seen the damn thing mad mad mad mad mad mad


And......breathe.

To be fair the toxicity exists on both sides, i'm sitting in the middle waiting for it to come out and then gonna watch it and see how it is. It sounds fantastic but you never know. I just wish everything didn't look so bleeding dark :-)

Derbymanc

Posts : 3985
Join date : 2013-10-15
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by hampo17 Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:40 am

Derbymanc wrote:
PaulHv2 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:Toxic fanbases, whilst it's funny to watch them implode it's just embarrassing watching grown men call people out for not liking a particular thing (in particular right now i'm looking at the snooty Wandavision fans and the Snyder followers) but it happens everywhere. Pee off and let the rest of us just enjoy it

Going to jump the defence of these guys Derby, they've had years of people telling them that the "Synder Cut" doesn't exist, it does. Then they were told it would be exactly the same film, it won't. Then people have just decided it's going to be suck and on any post anywhere on the world of social media, how the hell do they know as they haven't seen it? So I can understand why they see their backsides, as I do regularly with those self absorbed complete tosspots who can't let me enjoy something without being ordered to think that it's awful by some cretin who hasn't seen the damn thing mad mad mad mad mad mad


And......breathe.

No doubt toxicity exists on both sides, and social media is a breeding ground for it. The stuff with Harry and Megan today is a prime example. On that Piers Morgan really pisses me off, how that man is allowed on the TV to interview people is beyond belief.

To be fair the toxicity exists on both sides, i'm sitting in the middle waiting for it to come out and then gonna watch it and see how it is. It sounds fantastic  but you never know. I just wish everything didn't look so bleeding dark :-)

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9108
Join date : 2011-02-25
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by Soul Requiem Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:48 am

I don't hold out much hope for the Snyder cut, he did after all direct Batman v Superman which was garbage and contained one of the most ridiculous lines of dialogue in a film. I do of course refer to the bizarre Martha scene.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5972
Join date : 2019-07-17

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by hampo17 Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:49 am

Soul Requiem wrote:I don't hold out much hope for the Snyder cut, he did after all direct Batman v Superman which was garbage and contained one of the most ridiculous lines of dialogue in a film. I do of course refer to the bizarre Martha scene.

Did you watch the extended (directors) cut? That story flowed much better and made it really obvious were the studio had taken things out.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9108
Join date : 2011-02-25
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by Soul Requiem Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:53 am

PaulHv2 wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:I don't hold out much hope for the Snyder cut, he did after all direct Batman v Superman which was garbage and contained one of the most ridiculous lines of dialogue in a film. I do of course refer to the bizarre Martha scene.

Did you watch the extended (directors) cut? That story flowed much better and made it really obvious were the studio had taken things out.

I've seen the extended version and I don't think it alleviated the issues with the film all that much. Derby mentioned it before, the lighting was a big problem and somewhat distracting, there was a good film in there somewhere but I do find DC rely far too much on Deus Ex Machina to overcome the bad guy who is in general way too overpowered.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5972
Join date : 2019-07-17

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by mountain man Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:59 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
dummy_half wrote:Football fans on the BBC have your say...

If any of them are over the age of 12 I'd be surprised.
Laugh Yeah. That said, the average IQ of Wales/England rugby fans seems to have dropped off over recent years, too....

Hence why I came onto this forum, all the HYS on the BBC are plagued by moron trolls who rarely get moderated/removed but if you should respond to one of their posts that reply gets removed.
I'd love to know if it's an actual person doing the moderating there or just an algorithm set up to catch certain key words or phrases.

mountain man

Posts : 598
Join date : 2021-03-10

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by mountain man Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:32 pm

Anyway, as to who gets on my wick. Well there's a few candidates:

I'm a rugby fan and Ugo Monye is THE most annoying, tedious, monotonous and unimaginative pundit out there. Dreadful.
Austin Healy- complete and utter ladies front bottom.
Sonia McLaughlin - say no more.

Trump apologists, do they really not know how stupid and dangerous he is by now?

Tractor drivers when I'm out cycling.

People who drive at 25mph on a clear, dry day when speed limit is say 60 and is perfectly safe to do so.

This list could get long so I'll pause for coffee...

mountain man

Posts : 598
Join date : 2021-03-10

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by dummy_half Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:37 pm

mountain man wrote:Anyway, as to who gets on my wick. Well there's a few candidates:

I'm a rugby fan and Ugo Monye is THE most annoying, tedious, monotonous and unimaginative pundit out there. Dreadful.
Austin Healy- complete and utter ladies front bottom.
Sonia McLaughlin - say no more.

Trump apologists, do they really not know how stupid and dangerous he is by now?

Tractor drivers when I'm out cycling.

People who drive at 25mph on a clear, dry day when speed limit is say 60 and is perfectly safe to do so.

This list could get long so I'll pause for coffee...

Well, Austin Healy was a tool while a player, so why should he have changed. Still like the Johnno story after Healy had complained to the ref about being thumped - 'Wasn't me ref, but I see 28 other suspects'

Re the drivers - and then go 40 in a 30 mph zone.

dummy_half

Posts : 5828
Join date : 2011-03-11
Age : 50
Location : East Hertfordshire

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by lostinwales Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:05 pm

dummy_half wrote:
mountain man wrote:Anyway, as to who gets on my wick. Well there's a few candidates:

I'm a rugby fan and Ugo Monye is THE most annoying, tedious, monotonous and unimaginative pundit out there. Dreadful.
Austin Healy- complete and utter ladies front bottom.
Sonia McLaughlin - say no more.

Trump apologists, do they really not know how stupid and dangerous he is by now?

Tractor drivers when I'm out cycling.

People who drive at 25mph on a clear, dry day when speed limit is say 60 and is perfectly safe to do so.

This list could get long so I'll pause for coffee...

Well, Austin Healy was a tool while a player, so why should he have changed. Still like the Johnno story after Healy had complained to the ref about being thumped - 'Wasn't me ref, but I see 28 other suspects'

Re the drivers - and then go 40 in a 30 mph zone.

Its that thing where you are stuck behind a fast car, and the road opens up, and you expect it to just go. And then it doesn't.

There is a variation on this which I used to see a lot of whilst my parents still lived down in deepest darkest Devon. There are a lot of 'windys' - narrow roads with high banks. Generally good roads and you can go quicker than you think in the rare moments when you can see ahead. The perfect cars for this environment are small and nimble. Unfortunately it is also classified as 'the country' and popular with second homers who think that big four wheel drives are what you need for the local conditions.

Maybe what I am saying is that the perfect cars are not just small and nimble, but have big spikes on the side to scratch the monster trucks when they can't squeeze into passing places.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 12352
Join date : 2011-06-10
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by mountain man Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:09 pm

lostinwales wrote:
dummy_half wrote:
mountain man wrote:Anyway, as to who gets on my wick. Well there's a few candidates:

I'm a rugby fan and Ugo Monye is THE most annoying, tedious, monotonous and unimaginative pundit out there. Dreadful.
Austin Healy- complete and utter ladies front bottom.
Sonia McLaughlin - say no more.

Trump apologists, do they really not know how stupid and dangerous he is by now?

Tractor drivers when I'm out cycling.

People who drive at 25mph on a clear, dry day when speed limit is say 60 and is perfectly safe to do so.

This list could get long so I'll pause for coffee...

Well, Austin Healy was a tool while a player, so why should he have changed. Still like the Johnno story after Healy had complained to the ref about being thumped - 'Wasn't me ref, but I see 28 other suspects'

Re the drivers - and then go 40 in a 30 mph zone.

Its that thing where you are stuck behind a fast car, and the road opens up, and you expect it to just go. And then it doesn't.

There is a variation on this which I used to see a lot of whilst my parents still lived down in deepest darkest Devon. There are a lot of 'windys' - narrow roads with high banks. Generally good roads and you can go quicker than you think in the rare moments when you can see ahead. The perfect cars for this environment are small and nimble. Unfortunately it is also classified as 'the country' and popular with second homers who think that big four wheel drives are what you need for the local conditions.

Maybe what I am saying is that the perfect cars are not just small and nimble, but have big spikes on the side to scratch the monster trucks when they can't squeeze into passing places.

What gets me is the mega slow driver and then behind them will be 3 or 4 cars which won't overtake so if I am then behind them on windy roads it's often not possible to safely overtake even though I drive a quick car. Frustrating.

mountain man

Posts : 598
Join date : 2021-03-10

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by Pr4wn Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:16 pm

SUVs in general. They're completely unnecessary behemoths. The idea that anyone "needs" to drive an SUV is ridiculous.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 5639
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Vancouver

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by BamBam Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:05 am

We have a fast SUV, so it’s obviously brilliant in every possible circumstance.

Or so the salesmen and my wife would have you believe, would much rather have something small and fast for fun drives and an estate for load lugging when necessary.

BamBam

Posts : 17114
Join date : 2011-03-18
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by mikey_dragon Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:15 am

I used to refer to all SUVs as jeep's (which is a brand, now a crappy one at that) until I lived in North America, was that just me?

mikey_dragon

Posts : 13868
Join date : 2015-07-26

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by BamBam Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:51 am

Guess it was like all vacuum cleaners being referred to as hoovers

BamBam

Posts : 17114
Join date : 2011-03-18
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by mikey_dragon Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:12 am

It’s still a Hoover, don’t care what dumb Americans say.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 13868
Join date : 2015-07-26

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by mountain man Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:27 am

Stacey Dooley especially in that poxy advert for shampoo or whatever it is.

mountain man

Posts : 598
Join date : 2021-03-10

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by Soul Requiem Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:59 am

hampo17 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:Toxic fanbases, whilst it's funny to watch them implode it's just embarrassing watching grown men call people out for not liking a particular thing (in particular right now i'm looking at the snooty Wandavision fans and the Snyder followers) but it happens everywhere. Pee off and let the rest of us just enjoy it

Going to jump the defence of these guys Derby, they've had years of people telling them that the "Synder Cut" doesn't exist, it does. Then they were told it would be exactly the same film, it won't. Then people have just decided it's going to be suck and on any post anywhere on the world of social media, how the hell do they know as they haven't seen it? So I can understand why they see their backsides, as I do regularly with those self absorbed complete tosspots who can't let me enjoy something without being ordered to think that it's awful by some cretin who hasn't seen the damn thing mad mad mad mad mad mad


And......breathe.

Watched the Snyder cut today and the film is still terrible, its now just longer and even slower.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5972
Join date : 2019-07-17

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:28 pm

Ghislaine Maxwell got 20 years but before anyone gets too excited....As a Brit she can apply soon to be relocated back to the UK to serve her sentence...

Maxwell family is connected here.

Who knows how long she will get.. After all Saunders the Guinness boss was released early in the 80s with Alzheimers and I think he is still alive..

Amazing individual.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 39947
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by Derek Smalls Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:07 pm

Noel Gallagher richly deserved to be given a mention here, for ripping off every song he hears and having a habit of taking the royalties from other people who co-wrote songs that were in existence before he came along (Columbia).
I have it on good authority that he was going to have an album released with the Future Sound of London guys, and he licked their backsides for a while before permanently shelving the music and publicly saying the record was shyte.
Like, how could it have been WORSE than High Flying Birds?

Plus his hair.

Derek Smalls

Posts : 209
Join date : 2020-08-20

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by Derek Smalls Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:12 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:David Cameron. **** off you feckless, talentless moron.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/david-cameron-national-security-strategy-committee-boris-johnson-theresa-may-b1809851.html

To be honest I thought he was the worst PM ever, but I would welcome him back in a heartbeat he is at least intelligent and did have the right idea in telling his party to appear centre ground, instead of this top trumps of right wing policies we are seeing now.

Derek Smalls

Posts : 209
Join date : 2020-08-20

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by navyblueshorts Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:40 am

Anyone, and everyone, who is intending to actually be at the upcoming Qatar World Cup and who feels like they can/should moan about the hosts. Players, fans, commentators - shut up, the lot of you. Sponsors etc? You can do one too.

If you want to make a stand - don't go and then make all your statements about how evil they are etc.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10393
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by navyblueshorts Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:18 pm

Cristiano Ronaldo. What an utter knob.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10393
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by navyblueshorts Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:56 pm

Football associations and their players:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63699477

Guess it really wasn't that important to Kane et al after all, eh?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10393
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by Soul Requiem Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:44 am

navyblueshorts wrote:Football associations and their players:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63699477

Guess it really wasn't that important to Kane et al after all, eh?

Kane doesn't come into the equation here.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5972
Join date : 2019-07-17

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by Derek Smalls Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:38 am

Does Harry Kane dream of being an elected sheep

Derek Smalls

Posts : 209
Join date : 2020-08-20

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by Pr4wn Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:42 am

The Iranian team showing true courage. They will go home to far worse than a booking after this tournament.

Pr4wn
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 5639
Join date : 2011-03-09
Location : Vancouver

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by dummy_half Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:02 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:Football associations and their players:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63699477

Guess it really wasn't that important to Kane et al after all, eh?

Listening to discussion on the radio this morning, it seems like the European FAs attempted to railroad FIFA into allowing these armbands, but never actually got the permissions to use them. OK, obviously FIFA and the Qatari organisers look bad (from a western perspective) for not allowing them, but they seriously dug their heels in and with the only sanction that would prevent the arm bands being worn - a sanction that applies directly to the football, rather than financial penalties.

Obviously, the situation for the Iranian players is rather different - not so bad for their foreign-based players, but difficult for any that have to go back to Iran after the tournament. I wonder if we're back to the days of mass defections from sporting events because of politics?

dummy_half

Posts : 5828
Join date : 2011-03-11
Age : 50
Location : East Hertfordshire

Back to top Go down

Who gets on your wick.... - Page 13 Empty Re: Who gets on your wick....

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum