The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow vs Munster 19th February 2016

+12
BigGee
VinceWLB
cakeordeath
Rory_Gallagher
profitius
George Carlin
TheMildlyFranticLlama
RDW
jimbopip
Sin é
funnyExiledScot
Hazel Sapling
16 posters

Go down

Glasgow vs Munster  19th February 2016 Empty Glasgow vs Munster 19th February 2016

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 18 Feb 2016, 1:18 pm

Not sure if this has been done yet so I will have a crack.

Glasgow vs Munster  19th February 2016 Glasgo10                 Glasgow vs Munster  19th February 2016 Munste10
Glasgow Warriors vs Munster
GUINNESS PRO12, Rugby Park
Friday 19 February (kick-off 7.35pm) 
Live on Sky Sports 5:

Glasgow Warriors only victory in their last seven matches in all tournaments came on their only previous visit to Kilmarnock, beating Racing 92 there in the Champions Cup on 23 January. The Warriors have won their last nine home games against Irish Provinces since Munster beat them at Scotstoun in October 2013.

Munster have won just two of their last six Guinness PRO12 encounters, both away from home, at Ulster in round 11 and at Zebre in round 13. The Munstermen's solitary defeat to a Scottish side since December 2014 came in last season's final to Glasgow in Belfast.

Munster defeated Glasgow 23-21 in Limerick in round 3 and have not achieved a season's double over Warriors since 2011/12.

At Rugby Park, Kilmarnock. 7.35pm

Referee: Ben Whitehouse (WRU, 18th competition game)
Assistant Referees: Sam Grove-White, Mike Adamson (both SRU)
Citing Commissioner: Douglas Hunter (SRU)
TMO: Jim Yuille (SRU)

Live on Sky Sports

Previous Meetings

Munster 23-21 Glasgow
Munster 13-31 Glasgow
Munster 22-10 Glasgow

Glasgow
15. Peter Murchie
14. Taqele Naiyaravoro
13. Glenn Bryce
12. Peter Horne
11. Sean Lamont
10. Duncan Weir
9. Ali Price

1. Gordon Reid
2. James Malcolm
3. Sila Puafisi
4. Tim Swinson
5. Leone Nakarawa
6. Rob Harley
7. Chris Fusaro
8. Josh Strauss (Captain)

Replacements

16. Cammy Fenton
17. Jerry Yanuyanutawa
18. Zander Fagerson
19. Greg Peterson
20. Simone Favaro
21. Grayson Hart
22. Fraser Lyle
23. Rory Hughes

Not available due to injury: Adam Ashe (shoulder), Mike Blair (concussion), Fraser Brown (ankle), Kevin Bryce (shoulder), Alex Dunbar (posterior thigh), Ryan Grant (arm), Tyrone Holmes (foot), Lee Jones (hip),  Pat MacArthur (glut / hamstring), Shalva Mamukashvili (shoulder), Henry Pyrgos (wrist), Fergus Scott (shoulder) and Richie Vernon (shoulder)

Munster
15 Andrew Conway
14 Darren Sweetnam
13 David Johnston
12 Rory Scannell
11 Ronan O'Mahony
10 Ian Keatley
9 Tomas O'Leary

1 Dave Kilcoyne
2 Niall Scannel
3 John Ryan
4 Donnacha Ryan
5 Billy Holland (Captain)
6 Jack O'Donoghue
7 Tommy O'Donnell
8 Robin Copeland

Replacements
16 Mike Sherry
17 James Cronin
18 Mario Sagario
19 Dave Foley
20 Conor Oliver
21 Duncan Williams
22 Johnny Holland
23 Cian Bohane

Last edited by Hazel Sapling on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Munster  19th February 2016 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Munster 19th February 2016

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 18 Feb 2016, 1:47 pm

Very nice work on the thread. Not quite as polished as mine, but close....

Tough ask this for Glasgow, but very pleased to see Strauss back at 8 and wearing the captain's armband. Glasgow are at their best with Harley at 6 and Strauss at 8, and Fusaro has played well this season (and he'll need to again to match Tommy O'Donnell). I'd have probably gone with Favaro personally, and pulled together Glasgow's best back row (in my opinion).

New name for me: Cammy Fenton. For those of you in need of educating, here he is:

Position: Prop/hooker
D.O.B.: 20/11/95
Place of birth: Kirkcaldy
Height: 6ft (1.83m)
Weight: 15st 8lb (99kg)

Cameron represented Caledonia at under-16, under-17 and under-18, Scotland at under-17 and under-18. He was a Brewin Dolphin Plate winner with his Bell Baxter school team and, in the same year (2008) lifted the National Youth Plate with his Howe of Fife club team.

Awarded a scholarship, he is spent his final year of secondary education at Strathallan School and is a member of Scottish Rugby's regional academy, supported by sportscotland Institute of Sport. He made his under-20 debut off the bench, in the defeat away to Wales in Colwyn Bay in March 2014.

Away from rugby, he was under-18 Highland clay pigeon champion, coming third in Britain, with Strathallan School.

In sum he's about 3-4 stones light for his position, but on the plus side he's good at clay pigeon shooting. I note that he's also from Fife, so make sure you don't leave anything of value in the locker room.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Glasgow vs Munster  19th February 2016 Empty Re: Glasgow vs Munster 19th February 2016

Post by Sin é Thu 18 Feb 2016, 4:37 pm

It shouldn't be a tough ask against that Munster team. There is a very experienced midfield for starters and John Ryan is only converting from LH to TH! Its good we have Tommy O'Donnell & D Ryan back.

The midfield duo are still in the Munster Academy (as is Sweetnam on the wing).

9 of the starting 15 came through the Munster Academy and 22 of the 23 are Irish (Mario Sagario the exception).

We don't have a hope unfortunately against that Glasgow team and the way we've been playing lately (though maybe we are due a win as we lost last week if you get me!)
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 18 Feb 2016, 4:54 pm

Basically Cammy is PeeWee all over again (same height and weight)?

Happy about Malcolm getting a start. He looks a real prospect. Think Bryce is okay at 13 but Lyle and Johnson are both true centres where Bryce is considered a FB. Happy enough though with the Glasgow team.

I recognise about 6 names in the Munster starting line-up (Conway, Keatley, O'Leary, Kilcoyne, Ryan and Copeland) from previously and all are good club players. Conway worries me (if I am thinking of the correct player). Like Gilroy but not as quick or elusive. If Glasgow can handle him, then the problems with pace should not be an issue like last week. Who are Munster actually missing? It is great 22 of 23 are from the academy, but you look short a lock, a TH, and a couple of centres. Who are the NIQ?

I fancy Glasgow to win this. Overdue for a win and playing better of late.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 18 Feb 2016, 5:02 pm

Good work Ms Sapling. thumbsup

I really think we should be looking for a "home" win here. It could get interesting on the hour mark with
9. Hart
10 Horne
12 Sandy "Get Bru ootta my bathroom" Lyle
13 Big T
14. Rory Hughes

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 18 Feb 2016, 5:05 pm

What will be interesting is the contrast between the young Munster backline and the pretty experienced and hardy group Glasgow have selected.

Diet Dan at fly half won't give the ball much width but I'd expect to see quite a lot of Horne at first/second receiver giving the ball to Lamont or Big T off the wing. There's quite a lot to work with in that Glasgow backline and Bryce and Murchie are both solid citizens as well.

It's a home game and I'm going to tip Glasgow to win.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 18 Feb 2016, 5:19 pm

Hazel Sapling wrote:Basically Cammy is PeeWee all over again (same height and weight)?

Happy about Malcolm getting a start. He looks a real prospect. Think Bryce is okay at 13 but Lyle and Johnson are both true centres where Bryce is considered a FB. Happy enough though with the Glasgow team.

I recognise about 6 names in the Munster starting line-up (Conway, Keatley, O'Leary, Kilcoyne, Ryan and Copeland) from previously and all are good club players. Conway worries me (if I am thinking of the correct player). Like Gilroy but not as quick or elusive. If Glasgow can handle him, then the problems with pace should not be an issue like last week. Who are Munster actually missing? It is great 22 of 23 are from the academy, but you look short a lock, a TH, and a couple of centres. Who are the NIQ?

I fancy Glasgow to win this. Overdue for a win and playing better of late.  

Conway is very fast and has an eye for the tryline (he was top try scorer at under 20s World Cup a few years back!) He came through Leinster Academy - He had a fair few injuries so he moved to Munster to get a change of environment.

Munster are missing BJ Botha*, Chisholm, POM*, CJ, Murray, Hurley, Saili, Zebo & Earls. We are short a TH OK. The bench TH is our Non-Irish player (from Uruguay - great guy - love to keep him, but we won't be allowed).

I agree that Glasgow should win this, but you never know with Munster these days which is infurating.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 19 Feb 2016, 7:48 am

Apparently Big T bad a clause in his contract that if he 'didn't settle' after a year then he could end his contract early.

Looks like he was never going to see the 3 years through.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri 19 Feb 2016, 8:44 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Apparently Big T bad a clause in his contract that if he 'didn't settle' after a year then he could end his contract early.

Looks like he was never going to see the 3 years through.

Really? Theres a get out of jail free card for him if ever I've seen one.

Strange choice to offer him that, and ultimately means signing him will have been a total waste of time and money. He hasn't had sufficient impact IMO to have made a 1 year stint worthwhile, and that year could've been better spent bedding in someone who would be a long term fixture in the team. Now they'll need to sign a replacement and spend a good while getting him up to speed. Hopefully lessons will be learnt from this in future

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 19 Feb 2016, 8:44 am

Alternatively, that clause never existed but they are saying it did to try and justify to the fans letting someone break their contract 2 years early...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri 19 Feb 2016, 8:52 am

Oooohhhhh conspiracy theories, now we're talking!

I also heard that Duncan Weir was asked to leave Glasgow because they simply can't cope with the pie bill anymore. Edinburgh, having experience of Ben Atiga, naturally stepped up to the plate (pun intended)

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 19 Feb 2016, 9:10 am

TheMildlyFranticLlama wrote:Oooohhhhh conspiracy theories, now we're talking!

I also heard that Duncan Weir was asked to leave Glasgow because they simply can't cope with the pie bill anymore. Edinburgh, having experience of Ben Atiga, naturally stepped up to the plate (pun intended)

I'd heard that too. The savings from Diet Dan's canteen budget will more than cover a new pitch at Scotstoun.

I can't tell how much I'm looking forward to seeing Diet Dan in an Edinburgh jersey. We've looked out some of Chunk's old clothes.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Fri 19 Feb 2016, 9:53 am

Sin é wrote: Conway is very fast and has an eye for the tryline (he was top try scorer at under 20s World Cup a few years back!) He came through Leinster Academy - He had a fair few injuries so he moved to Munster to get a change of environment.

Munster are missing BJ Botha*, Chisholm, POM*, CJ, Murray, Hurley, Saili, Zebo & Earls. We are short a TH OK. The bench TH is our Non-Irish player (from Uruguay - great guy - love to keep him, but we won't be allowed).

I agree that Glasgow should win this, but you never know with Munster these days which is infurating.

Know that feeling watching Scottish sides. I feel we have a lot more quality though and it should shine through. Conway will make me eat my words. Didn't Keatley come through Leinster as well?

That's half your first team but where is the depth? Leinster and Ulster seem to have quite a bit. Your down 2 centres and a wing, your next up are guys in the academy?

Is Botha on his way as well (retirement or transfer)? I guess they don't like having 2 NIQ players at the same club and position.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Fri 19 Feb 2016, 10:32 am

jimbopip wrote:Good work Ms Sapling. thumbsup

I really think we should be looking for a "home" win here. It could get interesting on the hour mark with
9. Hart
10 Horne
13 Big T
14. Rory Hughes

Thank you Jimbopip, though I should clarify I identify as male!

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 19 Feb 2016, 10:43 am

Hazel Sapling wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Good work Ms Sapling. thumbsup

9. Hart
10 Horne
13 Big T
14. Rory Hughes

Thank you Jimbopip, though I should clarify I identify as male!
I had a girlfriend like that once.

Good Glasgow side in the circumstances and a lot of these players have a lot to prove, to say nothing of the fact that Glasgow absolutely have to win this or the 'advantage' of these two games in hand will simply vapourise. I expect an enormous game from Strauss - he has to know that his prospects of featuring in this 6 Nations campaign depend on it.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 19 Feb 2016, 11:33 am

Hazel Sapling wrote:
Sin é wrote: Conway is very fast and has an eye for the tryline (he was top try scorer at under 20s World Cup a few years back!) He came through Leinster Academy - He had a fair few injuries so he moved to Munster to get a change of environment.

Know that feeling watching Scottish sides. I feel we have a lot more quality though and it should shine through. Conway will make me eat my words. Didn't Keatley come through Leinster as well?

That's half your first team but where is the depth? Leinster and Ulster seem to have quite a bit. Your down 2 centres and a wing, your next up are guys in the academy?

Is Botha on his way as well (retirement or transfer)? I guess they don't like having 2 NIQ players at the same club and position.  

Munster
15 Andrew Conway Andrew Conway
14 Darren Sweetnam Keith Earls
13 David Johnston Francis Saili
12 Rory Scannell Rory Scannell
11 Ronan O'Mahony Simon Zebo
10 Ian Keatley Ian Keatley
9 Tomas O'Leary Conor Murray

1 Dave Kilcoyne Cronin
2 Niall Scannel Mike Sherry
3 John Ryan BJ Botha / Stephen Archer
4 Donnacha Ryan Donnacha Ryan
5 Billy Holland / Chisolm
6 Jack O'Donoghue Peter O'Mahony
7 Tommy O'Donnell Tommy O'Donnell
8 Robin Copeland Cj Stander

Only 4 of the team named would be considered 1st choice (in bold).

BJ has a cruciate injury (I think). Hard to see him getting back from that. He is finishing up his contract with Munster at the end of the season. Archer has been a long term injury - might be back at the end of the season.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Fri 19 Feb 2016, 12:16 pm

Sin é wrote:
Munster
15 Andrew Conway    Andrew Conway
14 Darren Sweetnam    Keith Earls
13 David Johnston        Francis Saili
12 Rory Scannell          Rory Scannell
11 Ronan O'Mahony     Simon Zebo
10 Ian Keatley           Ian Keatley
9 Tomas O'Leary       Conor Murray

1 Dave Kilcoyne       Cronin
2 Niall Scannel        Mike Sherry
3 John Ryan            BJ Botha / Stephen Archer
4 Donnacha Ryan   Donnacha Ryan
5 Billy Holland    /   Chisolm
6 Jack O'Donoghue     Peter O'Mahony
7 Tommy O'Donnell    Tommy O'Donnell
8 Robin Copeland     Cj Stander

BJ has a cruciate injury (I think). Hard to see him getting back from that. He is finishing up his contract with Munster at the end of the season. Archer has been a long term injury - might be back at the end of the season.

If BJ does, that may be true. Better to leave the game able to walk at 37 then play another season and risk tearing again. Seemed to be a very good player for Munster.

Is Scannell ahead of Hurley for your team? I thought Kilcoyne might have been first choice. Completely missed the rise of Cronin. Thought that was only the Leinster hooker.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 19 Feb 2016, 1:31 pm

Glasgow some way off first choice as well:

15. Peter Murchie (Stuart Hogg)
14. Taqele Naiyaravoro
13. Glenn Bryce (Mark Bennett)
12. Peter Horne (Alex Dunbar)
11. Sean Lamont (Tommy Seymour)
10. Duncan Weir (Finn Russell)
9. Ali Price (Henry Pyrgos)

1. Gordon Reid
2. James Malcolm (Fraser Brown)
3. Sila Puafisi (Mike Cusack or Zander Fagerson)
4. Tim Swinson (Jonny Gray)
5. Leone Nakarawa
6. Rob Harley
7. Chris Fusaro (Simone Favaro - although he's on the bench)
8. Josh Strauss (Captain)

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Fri 19 Feb 2016, 1:50 pm

TH is hard to say because Cusack is done (IMO) due to his health (the rule changes may have removed some of his effectiveness as well), and Fagerson is probably ahead of Puafisi (they have protected Fagerson by playing Puafisi more often due to the former's youth). Fagerson could have done with starting this one against Kilcoyne.

Be interested to see how Firth gets on when he has the chance. There were a couple of articles in NZ with his coach saying how dominant their front row was in ITM and how is this guy not getting a Super Rugby contract. He only ever got a couple of games for the Chiefs I think.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Fri 19 Feb 2016, 2:54 pm

Hazel Sapling wrote:
Sin é wrote:
Munster
15 Andrew Conway    Andrew Conway
14 Darren Sweetnam    Keith Earls
13 David Johnston        Francis Saili
12 Rory Scannell          Rory Scannell
11 Ronan O'Mahony     Simon Zebo
10 Ian Keatley           Ian Keatley
9 Tomas O'Leary       Conor Murray

1 Dave Kilcoyne       Cronin
2 Niall Scannel        Mike Sherry
3 John Ryan            BJ Botha / Stephen Archer
4 Donnacha Ryan   Donnacha Ryan
5 Billy Holland    /   Chisolm
6 Jack O'Donoghue     Peter O'Mahony
7 Tommy O'Donnell    Tommy O'Donnell
8 Robin Copeland     Cj Stander

If BJ does, that may be true. Better to leave the game able to walk at 37 then play another season and risk tearing again. Seemed to be a very good player for Munster.

Is Scannell ahead of Hurley for your team? I thought Kilcoyne might have been first choice. Completely missed the rise of Cronin. Thought that was only the Leinster hooker.

Rory Scannel (his brother Niall is the hooker) is well ahead of Hurley. He has been excellent this season.
James Cronin is a loosehead who was sub in both Irelands 6 nations' games.
Player to watch for Munster is Sweetnam. He hasn't played much for Munster and is raw but a great talent. O'Donoghue likewise.

I can't see Munster winning this game and it could be a bonus point win for Glasgow unless the new guys step up big time.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri 19 Feb 2016, 3:22 pm

I haven't had a chance to watch Munster as much as I would like this season but I am glad to hear Scannel has already broke into the first team. Another playmaker in the 12 position. Could he come into the Irish equation in the future? Big competition of course.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Fri 19 Feb 2016, 9:17 pm

Josh Strauss really putting his hand up for Scotland selection

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri 19 Feb 2016, 9:19 pm

cakeordeath wrote:Josh Strauss really putting his hand up for Scotland selection

Seems a bit mad to ignore him. Denton and Strauss in the back row for Scotland would help with their lack of decent carriers in the pack.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Fri 19 Feb 2016, 9:24 pm

What a great game

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Fri 19 Feb 2016, 9:24 pm

This Glasgow team is an utter shamble, instead of asking for another scrum and denying Munster a bonus point they go for the post..

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 19 Feb 2016, 9:32 pm

What a game.

Bluto, back to his best; over 100 metres carrying and 14 tackles.

Meatball; 13 tackles and a cracker of a try.

Scrum; demolished Munster

Lineout; a shambles.

Furra Linee was superb.

Nina was unbelievable when he came on. He and Fozzie are making an incredible double act: The Dangerous Brothers mark 2.

We can make the top 4.

Believe, as Gibson would say.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 19 Feb 2016, 9:40 pm

Have Glasgow rediscovered their Mojo?

A 5 pointer against Munster never to be sneezed at and Duncan Weir, where did that come from, who would have thought. Maybe Edinburgh knew something we did not!

Well done Duncy and the whole team and I have a feeling that we will be seeing Josh Strauss playing for Scotland next week!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Fri 19 Feb 2016, 10:17 pm

Meatball has the talent -- he needs consistent game time I believe and he has not had that for Glasgow. He should be first choice at Edinburgh and just might become the player he should be. Its not too late

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Fri 19 Feb 2016, 10:32 pm

Meatball or rather mini Moray Low has made the most out of his limited talent, the player with more talent was let go by Glasgow a couple of season ago. I for one, will be sorry to see him in an Edinburgh shirt next season.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Fri 19 Feb 2016, 11:37 pm

Munster played well considering the team they sent but not happy about the points Glasgow are leaking.

Happy with the 5 pointer though.

-What is it about whoever starts between Fusaro and Favaro gets hurt 5 minutes before half so the other completes the game? They are playing well though

-Horne adds a lot to the backline and with Weir being forced to keep the ball in hand there was quite a bit of creativity

-I was happy with Price and unhappy with Hart. Last 20 was perfectly set for Blair (please get healthy)

-Strauss had his first great game of the season for me. Had a good platform and Cotter ought to think of giving Strauss the nod ahead of Denton for me

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 20 Feb 2016, 8:59 am

If Glasgow lineout had been functioning, then I am sure we would have won that game a lot more comfortably. Malcolm looked a bit wobbly on the throwing in front, though the conditions cannot have helped. Good to see the new kid nail his first throw perfectly, even if the rest of them obstructed afterwards.

The scrum on the other hand goes from strength to strength and is looking like a bit of a weapon these days unlike at the start of the season. Pulafisi, having made a slow and inconsistent start, now seems to be delivering the goods at TH. He is decent around the park as well, as his 2 tries showed us last night. He has turned out to be a decent signing as well, hence why he is staying on for another year. Keep playing like that and it will be a lot longer.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 20 Feb 2016, 9:04 am

Hazel Sapling wrote:

-I was happy with Price and unhappy with Hart. Last 20 was perfectly set for Blair (please get healthy)

-

I think we will be using Blair fairly sparingly from here on in. Price has taken his opportunity and stepped up well and hopefully we will get Henry back towards the back end of the season. Blair will move seamlessly into a coaching role, he was miked up on the touchline last night and seemed to be doing a bit of that already.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat 20 Feb 2016, 9:45 pm

Loved the try from Diet Dan, and Horne was excellent at 12. I've been banging the drum for Strauss to start against Italy and off the back of that performance he really must do now.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 21 Feb 2016, 8:59 am

So gentlemen (and Hazel), what have we learned this weekend?

Ms Sapling is a man Shocked

Meatball can sprint like Fes when he hears there's a sale on at .... some posey, overpriced retailer or other.

Bru has been far too busy sniffing paintstripper to post his simply epic tome on 6 Nations fixture scheduling inequities, "Forget Kennedy , this is THE big conspiracy man."

Oh yes, and the Luvvies are choking like a dog and dropping points like autumn leaves.

Nice to know some things are consistent in this topsy turvy world.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Sun 21 Feb 2016, 10:50 am

jimbopip wrote:So gentlemen (and Hazel), what have we learned this weekend?

Ms Sapling is a man Shocked

Meatball can sprint like Fes when he hears there's a sale on at .... some posey, overpriced retailer or other.

Bru has been far too busy sniffing paintstripper to post his simply epic tome on 6 Nations fixture scheduling inequities, "Forget Kennedy , this is THE big conspiracy man."

Oh yes, and the Luvvies are choking like a dog and dropping points like autumn leaves.

Nice to know some things are consistent in this topsy turvy world.

Stop, you're giving me flashbacks of the time in Bangkok that I'd rather forget.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Sun 21 Feb 2016, 12:14 pm

The more I watch the pair of them, Meatball seems to have more pace than Dancer. You wouldn't have thought it would you?  Headscratch

Maybe he spotted a pie somebody dropped at the corner of the pitch? And perhaps thought everyone else saw it too, so ran for it to get there first.

These equations should explain the science behind it:

IF
Momentum (kg m/s) = mass (kg) × velocity (m/s)
THEN
Try = Meatball (with ball in hand) x pies in the in-goal area.

Chef
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 21 Feb 2016, 12:44 pm

Munster are truly in dire straights right now. Something needs to happen and quickly...
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 21 Feb 2016, 1:33 pm

eirebilly wrote:Munster are truly in dire straights right now. Something needs to happen and quickly...

Its hardly a disgrace to lose to the champions - Glasgow - away from home. I thought the young and inexperienced side gave a pretty good account of themselves. They were in the game right to the death and took away a bonus point. They would probably have settled for that at the start!

Munster are in a bit of a transition period, don't get to uptight about it and concentrating on building the next generation. players like O'Connell, O'Gara etc don't come along every day and were never going to be easy to replace.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 21 Feb 2016, 1:35 pm

It has nothing to do with this game, it has more to do with the performances of Munster this season. Munster are truly struggling. My comment was not meant as a slight against Glasgow in the slightest and my apologies if it came across as such.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 21 Feb 2016, 1:43 pm

No offence taken.

Munster have been a very successful side and it must be hard to see them fall away from that level a bit.

I think you are being a little bit pessimistic though. All teams have their cycles and need to rebuild. You are still competitive, got to the Pro 12 final last year and are still very much in the mix at the moment. Things are not quite at the Halcion level just now, but they are not rock bottom either and there are foundations to build on. You don't build a good team overnight and there is no quick fix. Just look where Glasgow have come from and what a journey that was. We are struggling to maintain it as well, even for one season.

There are no easy fixes!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 21 Feb 2016, 6:18 pm

Eirebiily, if I may paraphrase BigGee's answer, when you lose home and away to the Luvvies then you may talk about being in Dire Straits.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Sun 21 Feb 2016, 7:14 pm

Munster are rebuilding. What is a bit galling in my view is if Connacht finish ahead of them (as is likely) and they fail to get ERCC (unfortunately Edinburgh are doing their past to screw up and Ospreys are on the up). One year missing top tier rugby is okay. If it snowballs, recruitment may suffer. In addition, Munster could be called the developmental side....

They played well against Glasgow considering the teams and if they can build, they should get 6th (or higher) ahead of Edinburgh and Ospreys

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 21 Feb 2016, 8:27 pm

Hazel Sapling wrote:Munster are rebuilding. What is a bit galling in my view is if Connacht finish ahead of them (as is likely) and they fail to get ERCC (unfortunately Edinburgh are doing their past to screw up and Ospreys are on the up). One year missing top tier rugby is okay. If it snowballs, recruitment may suffer. In addition, Munster could be called the developmental side....

They played well against Glasgow considering the teams and if they can build, they should get 6th (or higher) ahead of Edinburgh and Ospreys

Ms Sapling, in a fair and just world everyone should finish above the Luvvies and the Hairsprays.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 22 Feb 2016, 9:27 am

jimbopip wrote:
Hazel Sapling wrote:Munster are rebuilding. What is a bit galling in my view is if Connacht finish ahead of them (as is likely) and they fail to get ERCC (unfortunately Edinburgh are doing their past to screw up and Ospreys are on the up). One year missing top tier rugby is okay. If it snowballs, recruitment may suffer. In addition, Munster could be called the developmental side....

Ms Sapling, in a fair and just world everyone should finish above the Luvvies and the Hairsprays.

Is that mathematically possible?

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down