The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+43
Good Golly I'm Olly
Mad for Chelsea
Scott is Back
JDizzle
dyrewolfe
Jermaine2015
temporary21
TRUSSMAN66
daraghj82
Born Slippy
Lowlandbrit
nadeem2099
1GrumpyGolfer
Mackem
MIG
President Trump
Marky
LivinginItaly
Holymiky
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Ent
sportform
hornbloweroafc
Azzy
compelling and rich
Mat
hampo17
lfc91
GSC
guildfordbat
westisbest
Stella
dummy_half
Alistair
Breadvan
Geordie
sirfredperry
Duty281
Dolphin Ziggler
Corporalhumblebucket
NickisBHAFC
Hero
Crimey
47 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 20 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Crimey Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:54 am

First topic message reminder :

This would be a huge day for Leicester if it stays like it is.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 20 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:03 am

In an ideal world Liverpool would be excluded from the Europa Cup but that won't happen especially considering he also scored in that game.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 20 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Hero Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:11 am

The charge is against the player and not the club.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:12 am

It's the same thing, the player is a member of the club.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:24 am

Its not something I am sure on how I feel. The club shouldnt be punished, but then neither should the rest of a relay team be punished for one person's cheating. If by using a drug you are saying it isnt allowed because they get an advantage, then the club have also gained an advantage. But they cat monitor everything they do.

I do however think clubs should drug test their players monthly

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:31 am

Lallana 2-0

Let this one go, John

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:34 am

Already had after two minutes. Not quite sure what Rafa's obsession with Cisse is, he's just absolutely terrible nowadays. Can't see us avoiding the drop now, with Sunderland playing Everton & Stoke types, who are on holiday, I see them surviving now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:07 am

well, this has got interesting again

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:07 am

Game on.

Cisse - 2-1

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:24 am

2-2 Colback

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:24 am

ginger pirlo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:25 am

Benitez half time talk has transformed Newcastle. Now they have a chance. From the first half performance they were dead and buried.

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:35 am

Fabregas is casting all kinds of magic on the pitch today, beautiful passing.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:53 am

Liverpool have cost me a bomb today.

Massive bonus point for Newcastle, but its the performance that will mean the most

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:54 am

Liverpool 2-2 Newcastle FT

Norwich P34 PTS 31
Sunderland P33 PTS 30
Newcastle P35 PTS 30

Can't complain with the point, but the first half was dismal. Keeps us in it, but now need Sunderland to lose their two games in hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:10 am

This point away at Liverpool after having gone 2-0 down continues this short, end of the season unbeaten run of Newcastle (now three games) and should give them the confidence to attack their next two matches - at home to Crystal Palace and away to Aston Villa - where the hope will be to gain six points before the daunting final match away to Spurs (the fittest and strongest team in the League imo).

Last edited by Nore Staat on Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:32 am

For Leicester the Swansea match tomorrow is their biggest match of the season.  If they win then they will be guaranteed at least second place in the Premiership.

Then they could focus on their final three tricky matches and treat them like knockout games:
Away to Manchester United.
At home to Everton.
Away to Chelsea.

Spurs at the moment look invincible and have no cup distractions.  I think Pochettino chose weakened sides resulting in Spurs being knocked out of the Cups when he realised there was a chance of winning the league.

Quote from yesterday: Kyle Walker of Spurs commenting on Pochettino physical fitness training regime:  "At first it was horrible under Mauricio Pochettino but now we run every team off the pitch."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/22/kyle-walker-at-first-it-was-horrible-under-mauricio-pochettino-b/

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:45 am

Nore Staat wrote:This point away at Liverpool after having gone 2-0 down continues this short, end of the season unbeaten run of Newcastle (now three games) and should give them the confidence to attack their next two matches - at home to Crystal Palace and away to Aston Villa - where the hope will be to gain six points before the daunting final match away to Spurs (the fittest and strongest team in the League imo).

NEWCASTLE IN HOPING TO WIN NEXT TWO GAMES SHOCKER
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:20 am

Thank god someone noticed Michael Owen was here

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:24 am

Martin keown doing some analysis defending Joleon lescott's defending

That's a bold stance to take Martin
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:57 pm

Olly wrote:Martin keown doing some analysis defending Joleon lescott's defending

I thought he was a bit harsh criticising him for their second goal.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:47 am

For the love of Christ Giroud is abysmal - every attack breaks down because of him
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:57 am

Said it for years, dire striker. Need him to bang one away though second half.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:27 am

Ffs bring on Welbeck you stupid old fool
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:57 am

Big point for scum, awful from Arsenal. We need minimum seven points from three games. Unlikely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:00 am

Elneny is such a nothing buy for Arsenal, not entirely sure what he's been bought to do.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:10 am

Same thing Arteta (who is still there) was bought to do sit in front of defence and pass. Wasn't much of a surprise we drew. Probably should of lost tbh.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:25 am

Leicester 1-0 Swansea - Riyad Mahrez

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:26 am

Lovely stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:45 am

Leicester 2-0 Swansea - Leo Ulloa

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:46 am

A win here and I think run in be damned, Leicester have sealed it
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:04 am

That secures at least second place for Leicester.  Can't see Spurs being held at home to WBA.  Spurs are too strong, too fit, too dynamic for WBA so it will be as before and it will all depend on the last three matches.  Leicester still need five more points as it stands to win the Premiership.

Leicester
Man Utd  V  Leicester Sun 1 May  
Leicester  V  Everton Sat 7 May  
Chelsea  V  Leicester Sun 15 May  

Tottenham
Chelsea  V  Tottenham  Mon 2 May  
Tottenham  V  Southampton Sun 8 May  
Newcastle  V  Tottenham Sun 15 May

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:16 am

More pressure on Tottenham. They have to win all their games and just like Leicester, they have no experience of dealing with the pressure of closing in on a title.

I have nothing against Tottenham but I'm really hoping Leicester can close this out.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:21 am

Olly wrote:Martin keown doing some analysis defending Joleon lescott's defending

Lescott got a fair amount of abuse, as did most of the players.

Only one that got cheered was Hutton.

Absolute shambles.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:22 pm

Can't help thinking that with all the excitement over Leicester and the promise of the young Tottenham team that this has been a poor-standard Premier League this season.
All the so-called big teams have had below-par seasons. Look at some of the recent results. Twice Liverpool have thrown away two-goal leads at home to relegation-haunted sides. Arsenal have failed to beat C Palace at home and couldn't even score at Sunderland. Man City have been held by Newcastle.
Too many teams - Everton and Man U in particular - have confused possession with penetration. Look at match stats for Leicester. They rarely have more possession than their opponents, yet win matches. Other sides should remember they are allowed to pass the ball forward and play passes of more than 10 yards.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:06 pm

Nore Staat wrote:Can't see Spurs being held at home to WBA.  Spurs are too strong, too fit, too dynamic for WBA so it will be as before and it will all depend on the last three matches.
Not to mention, we can't hit a barn door from 6 yards out. Spurs could play without a keeper tonight and they'd still win.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:33 pm

I remember saying the same thing when we rocked up to WHL with McClaren. We won 1-2. Anything can happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:36 pm

Giroud now hasn't scored for like 12/13 games

He will 100% score against us next week. Go down to the your local bookies, place the bet and thank me for your Saturday night pint later
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:02 pm

Giroud has the ability to score goals, but he doesn't have the mentality or determination to do it consistently. Ever since Arsenal bought him the fans have been crying out for a different option - Wenger is an idiot for not solving this years ago.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:48 pm

Giroud would be a decent option for Arsenal as second of third choice striker. If he's going to be their main striker, or Welbeck is, they're going to struggle to make an impact domestically or at a European level. 

I think they should be throwing money at somebody like Higuain. Arsenal don't need a forward who does it all, they need a clinical forward.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:24 am

sirfredperry wrote:Can't help thinking that with all the excitement over Leicester and the promise of the young Tottenham team that this has been a poor-standard Premier League this season.
  All the so-called big teams have had below-par seasons. Look at some of the recent results. Twice Liverpool have thrown away two-goal leads at home to relegation-haunted sides. Arsenal have failed to beat C Palace at home and couldn't even score at Sunderland. Man City have been held by Newcastle.
  Too many teams - Everton and Man U in particular - have confused possession with penetration. Look at match stats for Leicester. They rarely have more possession than their opponents, yet win matches. Other sides should remember they are allowed to pass the ball forward and play passes of more than 10 yards.  
Unpredictable yes, with 2 teams challenging for the title that normally aren't there, but poor standard season....no.

If either Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea were playing the type of football that Leicester were playing this season, no one would be saying the Premier League was sub standard. People would be talking about how good they were and if it was Chelsea that were top, people would be saying how Mourinho was a genius.

Back in 1993, I remember a co-worker telling me that it was a poor year because Man U were about to win the title and the usual teams like Liverpool and Arsenal hadn't challenged for the title. Times change, big name teams can't win everything.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:35 am

I'd side with it being quite poor tbh.

League champions lying in mid table, generally poor progress in Europe. Modest points total looks like winning the league.

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.forum?t=62983

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20