The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+10
kingraf
Dolphin Ziggler
seanmichaels
Adam D
Galted
Rowley
superflyweight
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
Pal Joey
14 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 4 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 8 Mar - 10:59

First topic message reminder :

rick_dagless wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:Why would they advise not to kill them? Not that anyone listens I guess but why would they advise that?

They keep the mosquito, cockroach, silverfish, etc... numbers in check. They are always open for spider donations from the general public for venom milking purposes.

Good answer. Very well said.

Cheers TLD, I learnt from the best...

I know that, but I just find it odd that there is actually specific advice on the subject.

It must be fact you actually have an arthropod world worth talking about.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Pal Joey Mon 14 Mar - 7:48

Donnie's organ was more impressive looking (like the Bernabeu compared to St James' Park); these guys more versatile.

Kind of a laid back weekend. Whipped up some preliminary plans, minor tidy up and a bit of sport. Great 2nd goal from Watford in the cup qtr final.

Viber'd the missus a couple of times - to make up for missing International Women's Day. Don't think she noticed. I'll soon find out.

Last edited by The Loaded Dog on Mon 14 Mar - 7:51; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 14 Mar - 7:50

rick_dagless wrote:
TLD wrote:Morning Ricko,
What were you up to... rugby or a very long walk/run?

Morning mate, I had football, bowling, went to a place called Go Ape and then filling a skip up at the mothers yesterday.

A very good weekend cheers Shah, yours?

Started off busy and difficult then ended gloriously restful. Will enjoy my nap this morning. Only thing is I can't take any food upstairs or smoke on the bed anymore but easy enough sacrifice to make.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 14 Mar - 7:57

ShahenshahG wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

Morning mate, I had football, bowling, went to a place called Go Ape and then filling a skip up at the mothers yesterday.

Started off busy and difficult then ended gloriously restful. Will enjoy my nap this morning. Only thing is I can't take any food upstairs or smoke on the bed anymore but easy enough sacrifice to make.

A well earned nap by the sounds of it.

Been overly knackered for no apparent reason lately. Some news story is blaming the heat & humidity... some people are really struggling to cope.
It's all about minimum night time temperatures which affect the quality of sleep. You wake up feeling tired day after day....

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 14 Mar - 7:59

The Loaded Dog wrote:Donnie's organ was more impressive looking; these guys more versatile.

Kind of a laid back weekend. Whipped up some preliminary plans, minor tidy up and a bit of sport. Great 2nd goal from Watford in the cup qtr final.

Viber'd the missus a couple of times - to make up for missing International Women's Day. Don't think she noticed. I'll soon find out.

I have finally managed to join the gym and will be starting my induction on the weekend. I suspect I'll be going in at 4 Am to the gym to get uninterrupted time on the weights. I want to go back on the pastries.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 14 Mar - 8:04

The Loaded Dog wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

Been overly knackered for no apparent reason lately. Some news story is blaming the heat & humidity... some people are really struggling to cope.
It's all about minimum night time temperatures which affect the quality of sleep. You wake up feeling tired day after day....

Try rotating/flipping your mattress. Can't hurt an might help. Actually - have you been drinking lucozade or something like that? It helped me quite a bit when I was feeling the same way after a few weeks in pakistan. I think it replaces all the salts you lose with perspiration.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 14 Mar - 8:07

ShahenshahG wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:Donnie's organ was more impressive looking; these guys more versatile.

I have finally managed to join the gym and will be starting my induction on the weekend. I suspect I'll be going in at 4 Am to the gym to get uninterrupted time on the weights. I want to go back on the pastries.

Good news. That's inspiring.

There's a plethora of gymnasiums around here. The biggest one is this catholic club/gaming pub/restaurant establishment nearby. Maybe has a more pious atmosphere in the weights room but it seems very well run compared to some smaller ones I see around here - pushing supplements, etc.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 14 Mar - 8:13

ShahenshahG wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

Try rotating/flipping your mattress. Can't hurt an might help. Actually - have you been drinking lucozade or something like that? It helped me quite a bit when I was feeling the same way after a few weeks in pakistan. I think it replaces all the salts you lose with perspiration.

I flip them every couple of months usually. I'll soon be doing the same... dragging/hoisting furniture up to the first floor.

Been having lots of energy drinks on top of water, coffee, juice, soft drinks... so thirsty and feel so bloated sometimes. Every now and then I take a couple of those electrolyte sachets for "cramp relief" - but it's the actual temperature and humidity which is unrelenting. You're melting again 3 minutes after a cold shower with fans blazing away. (it's just pushing warm air around... there's no proper cool breeze to flush it out of the house)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 14 Mar - 8:30

Morning all.

F*cking great weekend for me. Played Saturday and actually won another bloody game. Early KO so we could pile into the clubhouse and get a good seat to watch England beat the Welsh.

London aquarium and a lovely wander around the Southbank in the sunshine yesterday.

Lovely stuff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 14 Mar - 8:40

Morning Tino, congrats on your victory but you weren't the only former northerner to achieve a sporting triumph this weekend. Has Dave moved in yet? Sorry TLD, went to grab a hot chocolate from the lovely Russian lady at the coffee bar. Sounds like an ideal gym and excellent work with the pun.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Mar - 8:51

Morning Notches, glad to my efforts to remain fit and healthy have caused much hilarity. Have to say it was an experience...it's a f*cking fun run and there were dozens of mad c*nts sprinting round the "puddle" in the centre of town and doing all manner of stretches that would make Mo Farah think "Steady on" Loads of pushy parents screaming at their children and timing them with stop watches BEFORE we'd even started. My wife says one women ducked under the barrier at the finish line to scream at someone called Darren to get a move one

Didn't bother with the group warm up, I was playing with my children instead. I'd also trained the night before by having four cans of lager and a couple of large vodkas. The beginning of the race was like formula one with a mad dash to the first bend, jostling for position hurdling curbs, pillar boxes and bystanders. It looked like they were running from a zombie attack. There were loads of club runners proudly wearing their club vest and by goodness these f*cks do not like to be overtaken by middle aged part-timers doing it for a laugh.

Out of 1150 people that entered, around 1000 finished and I was officially placed 208th and 65th in my age bracket.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 14 Mar - 8:57

Not bad at all Dave.

My legs feel like concrete at the moment. I'd struggle to achieve what you did.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Mar - 9:05

I think I'd have done it even quicker if I hadn't been drinking the (fort)night before and hadn't pulled a muscle in my backside.

Anyway, according to my running app, I took 5mins off my PB.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 14 Mar - 9:09

I take it that was the Bradford 10K that gridlocked the entire F***ing place, meanind I was confined to it...

Good time though mate, and well ran.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Mar - 9:24

Cheers Rick, apologies for the inconvenience

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 14 Mar - 10:02

DAVE wrote:Cheers Rick, apologies for the inconvenience

No worries mate I had to visit a local pub instead, so all was not lost. And if you even annoyed one club runner, it was totally worth it in my eyes.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Mar - 10:26

rick_dagless wrote:
DAVE wrote:Cheers Rick, apologies for the inconvenience

No worries mate I had to visit a local pub instead, so all was not lost.  And if you even annoyed one club runner, it was totally worth it in my eyes.
I annoyed one bloke in particular but generally I annoyed loads of them...their club photographers were lined up along the route taking pictures so I kept blowing kisses at them at every opportunity.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 14 Mar - 10:27

Haha, I can try and pick you out if one of the insufferable T***s manages to sneak one on to my FB feed...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 14 Mar - 11:12

Operation enjoy the nap has failed in its early stages.

Problem one. The bed my youngest sibling bought arrived so moved it upstairs and set it up.
Problem two. My headboard arrived so set it up
Problem three. Just as we finished then came another knock on door and his headboard arrived. He doesn't want a headboard ostensibly because it partially covers the wall he uses as a projector screen and I made a joke about him not wanting a headboard because it would prevent him christening the bed with a silent w*nk. Cue mum st ring balefully at him...( I suspect indoctrination is in order) and him locking himself in room due to mortification.
Problem 4. Said sibling is the one I pay to do my chores and as he is currently not speaking to me and wife is at a maternity appointment. I am having to do my own. If you hear of someone's house burning down in luton just pray he managed to at least eat a good breakfast.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 14 Mar - 11:59

ShahenshahG wrote:Operation enjoy the nap has failed in its  early stages.

Problem one. The bed my youngest sibling bought arrived so moved it upstairs and set it up.
Problem two. My headboard arrived so set it up
Problem three. Just as we finished then came another knock on door and his headboard arrived. He doesn't want a headboard ostensibly because it partially covers the wall he uses as a projector screen and I made a joke about him not wanting a headboard because it would prevent him christening the bed with a silent w*nk. Cue mum st ring balefully at him...( I suspect indoctrination is in order) and him locking himself in room due to mortification masturbation.
Problem 4. Said sibling is the one I pay to do my chores and as he is currently not speaking to me and wife is at a maternity appointment. I am having to do my own. If you hear of someone's house burning down in luton just pray he managed to at least eat a good breakfast.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 14 Mar - 12:31

Not with that headboard!

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 14 Mar - 13:23

Pea and ham soup, beef and onion sarnie. 7/10

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 14 Mar - 13:35

rick_dagless wrote:Pea and ham soup, beef and onion sarnie.  7/10

Proper northern fare.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 14 Mar - 13:36

Yup plus just had some Seabrooks crisps too..

Afternoon Tino.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 14 Mar - 13:37

rick_dagless wrote:Yup plus just had some Seabrooks crisps too..

Afternoon Tino.

I had 2 cheese baps, a packet of ready salted Hula Hoops and a Snickers.

Also 7/10.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 14 Mar - 13:46

A man's lunch also there Tino, no hummus or quinoa in sight...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 14 Mar - 13:57

Curried okra bean with buttered chapatis 10/10

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 14 Mar - 14:03

rick_dagless wrote:A man's lunch also there Tino, no hummus or quinoa in sight...

One of the guys here (very, very southern) went out to Pret (instantly marks him down as a c*nt.  Make your own packed lunch you cretin) and came back with some ridiculous salad contraption with quinoa in it.  He also had some utterly shambolic drink that was essentially a cold, berry flavoured coffee.  I asked him what the f*ck he was playing at and he told me he likes "refreshing food and drink when the weather is good".  For the f*cking sake of f*ck.  The weather isn't even that nice.  Sure, the sun is out but it is still cold.  And even so, that is no excuse for being a pr*ck.

I need to leave.  I really do.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 14 Mar - 14:37

Shah wrote:Curried okra bean with buttered chapatis 10/10

Not a bad effort to be fair Shah...

Tino wrote:One of the guys here (very, very southern) went out to Pret (instantly marks him down as a c*nt. Make your own packed lunch you cretin) and came back with some ridiculous salad contraption with quinoa in it. He also had some utterly shambolic drink that was essentially a cold, berry flavoured coffee. I asked him what the f*ck he was playing at and he told me he likes "refreshing food and drink when the weather is good". For the f*cking sake of f*ck. The weather isn't even that nice. Sure, the sun is out but it is still cold. And even so, that is no excuse for being a pr*ck.

I need to leave. I really do.

Bet he is one of them notches who are already wearing sandals and shorts, and I bet he asks for his craft beer to be poured without a head on it... C**t

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 14 Mar - 14:40

rick_dagless wrote:
Shah wrote:Curried okra bean with buttered chapatis 10/10

Not a bad effort to be fair Shah...

Tino wrote:One of the guys here (very, very southern) went out to Pret (instantly marks him down as a c*nt.  Make your own packed lunch you cretin) and came back with some ridiculous salad contraption with quinoa in it.  He also had some utterly shambolic drink that was essentially a cold, berry flavoured coffee.  I asked him what the f*ck he was playing at and he told me he likes "refreshing food and drink when the weather is good".  For the f*cking sake of f*ck.  The weather isn't even that nice.  Sure, the sun is out but it is still cold.  And even so, that is no excuse for being a pr*ck.

I need to leave.  I really do.

Bet he is one of them notches who are already wearing sandals and shorts, and I bet he asks for his craft beer to be poured without a head on it... C**t

He wouldn't know a craft beer if SerialDAVE beat him to death with one. I think he almost certainly drinks Budweiser and Coors Light.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 14 Mar - 14:43

Tino wrote:
He wouldn't know a craft beer if SerialDAVE beat him to death with one. I think he almost certainly drinks Budweiser and Coors Light.

That and Magners and thinks he is on the scrumpy... In a chalice for the sake of F**K

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 14 Mar - 14:47

Galted is listening to ''killing me softly'' while he reads this

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 14 Mar - 14:47

I had a medley of quinoa and hummus topped with a spritz of essence of organic acai and an iced blackberry and green tea.

Thirty-five quid, absolutely worth it, I feel so refreshed.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 14 Mar - 14:48

ShahenshahG wrote:Galted is listening to ''killing me softly'' while he reads this

I doubt it. He doesn't take his iPod out when foraging for nuts and berries. Even though his cargo pants have enough pockets to house one.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 14 Mar - 14:52

Tino wrote:I doubt it. He doesn't take his iPod out when foraging for nuts and berries. Even though his cargo pants have enough pockets to house one.

Though he does have a gramophone mounted on top of a rare breed goat...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 14 Mar - 14:59

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:Galted is listening to ''killing me softly'' while he reads this

I doubt it.  He doesn't take his iPod out when foraging for nuts and berries.  Even though his cargo pants have enough pockets to house one.

It stays in the Jack Wolfskin. There's a special zipped pocket beside the main zip for keeping such things. At first I thought it was designed for the iPod so you don't get the cable caught in the zip but it may be that it was designed for wallets and it's due to my own ability to innovate that I've discovered this use for it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 14 Mar - 15:04

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:I doubt it. He doesn't take his iPod out when foraging for nuts and berries. Even though his cargo pants have enough pockets to house one.

Though he does have a gramophone mounted on top of a rare breed goat...

I did wonder when we'd bring up the absence of Julius

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 14 Mar - 15:18

Hi all.

Remember me ?(this is a rhetorical question as no one ever does, even when I post)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 14 Mar - 15:19

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3490734/All-tweed-favourite-fashion-stakes-Racehorse-models-tailor-three-piece-complete-shirt-cap-ahead-year-s-Cheltenham-Festival.html

Hi Adam! You should show your face in here more often

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 14 Mar - 15:27

Havent got time to catch up but can I check if I have been rumoured to be any recently deceased celebrity? This is usually a sign of being thought about/ accepted.

Goodfellas Takeaway Pepperoni Pizza. (2/3rds eaten) - 5/10

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 14 Mar - 15:41

We thought you were Cilla Black.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Mar - 16:02

ShahenshahG wrote:We hoped you were Cilla Black.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 14 Mar - 16:28

Whatever happened to Adam? Does anyone even remember him?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 14 Mar - 16:34

Stella is being racist to Dave on the park running thread.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 14 Mar - 18:19

ShahenshahG wrote:Stella is being racist to Dave on the park running thread.

That's what happens if you try and spread your wings and hang around on other threads with the healthy well balanced sorts.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 14 Mar - 18:26

Rowley wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:Stella is being racist to Dave on the park running thread.

That's what happens if you try and spread your wings and hang around on other threads with the healthy well balanced sorts.

Dave thinks he is being favourably compared to Black Beauty so stella lives for now, but I think we better get him back in here pretty sharpish else there will be blood. Dark Blood.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 15 Mar - 6:13

FIST NOTCHES

Early Start today. Bored as feck and tired with it. Roll on, t'weekend.

Morning Resolution Rick and Tasseled TLD

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 15 Mar - 7:38

Sick,

Morning Shah, start of the Cheltenham festival today so short week for me, as tradition dictates I have gold cup day off.

The sun is shining so all is good in the world...

How you diddling?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 15 Mar - 7:40

Good morning.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 15 Mar - 7:45

ShahenshahG wrote:FIST NOTCHES

Early Start today. Bored as feck and tired with it. Roll on, t'weekend.

Morning Resolution Rick and Tasseled TLD

Good morning Bearded Badshah, ricko and Tino.

Some clouds for you to look at. Taken about 15 minutes ago.
Not much rain so far but the cloud layering is quite intricate. The sun is setting in the bottom right hand corner somewhere.

Spoiler:

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 15 Mar - 7:48

Not bad rickotine, lemon and jam pastry, hot chocolate 7/10. Bit grey here and nippy with it but not intolerable. long week for me this week and next. What about you? are you enjoying the new office? Morning Tino.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next