The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by Allty Wed 23 Mar 2016, 7:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

From BBC

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/35887510

Allty

Posts : 584
Join date : 2013-02-19

Back to top Go down


Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 31 Mar 2016, 1:38 pm

pheonix wrote:
bumble wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:

And as I keep saying to you... despite what the LAW says the reason for this very public situation is that many many peoples OPINION is that it SHOULDNT be racist! And its going too far!



If your opinion is that abusing a minority (a minority that has a history of being persecuted) by saying "Oi gypsy boy, get back to your caravan" shouldn't be racist, then I just feel nothing but pity for you and your mindset.

So abusing someone is only offensive and wrong when it's against a minority? You are just moving the goalposts to excuse a Welsh player hurling racial abuse against Marler. You really should get over England winning a Grand Slam.

This was answered for you days ago - why do you keep on repeating it like a menopausal parrot?

mikey_dragon

Posts : 12528
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 31 Mar 2016, 1:39 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
pheonix wrote:
bumble wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:

And as I keep saying to you... despite what the LAW says the reason for this very public situation is that many many peoples OPINION is that it SHOULDNT be racist! And its going too far!



If your opinion is that abusing a minority (a minority that has a history of being persecuted) by saying "Oi gypsy boy, get back to your caravan" shouldn't be racist, then I just feel nothing but pity for you and your mindset.

So abusing someone is only offensive and wrong when it's against a minority? You are just moving the goalposts to excuse a Welsh player hurling racial abuse against Marler. You really should get over England winning a Grand Slam.

This was answered for you days ago - why do you keep on repeating it like a menopausal parrot?

Careful now....

funnyExiledScot

Posts : 16647
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 40
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by Jimpy Thu 31 Mar 2016, 1:39 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:
bumble wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:

And as I keep saying to you... despite what the LAW says the reason for this very public situation is that many many peoples OPINION is that it SHOULDNT be racist! And its going too far!



If your opinion is that abusing a minority (a minority that has a history of being persecuted) by saying "Oi gypsy boy, get back to your caravan" shouldn't be racist, then I just feel nothing but pity for you and your mindset.

I bet you're a right laugh a minute on a night out Rolling Eyes

At least we now know what happened to that player's tadger that was ripped off in a game - it renamed itself and is now posting on here as a Gypsy apologist.

Jimpy

Posts : 2823
Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : Not in a hot sandy place anymore

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 31 Mar 2016, 1:42 pm

You do get worked up Jimpy.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 23488
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by Jimpy Thu 31 Mar 2016, 1:42 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
pheonix wrote:
bumble wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:

And as I keep saying to you... despite what the LAW says the reason for this very public situation is that many many peoples OPINION is that it SHOULDNT be racist! And its going too far!



If your opinion is that abusing a minority (a minority that has a history of being persecuted) by saying "Oi gypsy boy, get back to your caravan" shouldn't be racist, then I just feel nothing but pity for you and your mindset.

So abusing someone is only offensive and wrong when it's against a minority? You are just moving the goalposts to excuse a Welsh player hurling racial abuse against Marler. You really should get over England winning a Grand Slam.

This was answered for you days ago - why do you keep on repeating it like a menopausal parrot?

So is that a trait of a menopausal parrot then? Repetition?

I had no idea.

Jimpy

Posts : 2823
Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : Not in a hot sandy place anymore

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 31 Mar 2016, 1:42 pm

Jimpy wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:
bumble wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:

And as I keep saying to you... despite what the LAW says the reason for this very public situation is that many many peoples OPINION is that it SHOULDNT be racist! And its going too far!



If your opinion is that abusing a minority (a minority that has a history of being persecuted) by saying "Oi gypsy boy, get back to your caravan" shouldn't be racist, then I just feel nothing but pity for you and your mindset.

I bet you're a right laugh a minute on a night out Rolling Eyes

At least we now know what happened to that player's tadger that was ripped off in a game - it renamed itself and is now posting on here as a Gypsy apologist.

Laugh

Thou shalt not put traffic cones on ones head for it is against the laws of this land!!!!

Sgt_Pooly
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 34777
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 31 Mar 2016, 1:42 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
pheonix wrote:
bumble wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:

And as I keep saying to you... despite what the LAW says the reason for this very public situation is that many many peoples OPINION is that it SHOULDNT be racist! And its going too far!



If your opinion is that abusing a minority (a minority that has a history of being persecuted) by saying "Oi gypsy boy, get back to your caravan" shouldn't be racist, then I just feel nothing but pity for you and your mindset.

So abusing someone is only offensive and wrong when it's against a minority? You are just moving the goalposts to excuse a Welsh player hurling racial abuse against Marler. You really should get over England winning a Grand Slam.

This was answered for you days ago - why do you keep on repeating it like a menopausal parrot?


You cant abuse menopausal parrots either, thats definitely at the higher scale of offending.

aucklandlaurie

Posts : 7527
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 64
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by Jimpy Thu 31 Mar 2016, 1:47 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:You do get worked up Jimpy.

That's abuse is that.

All I need now is for some jobsworth cocklosh to get upset on my behalf and a whole new debate can begin.

Jimpy

Posts : 2823
Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : Not in a hot sandy place anymore

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 31 Mar 2016, 1:49 pm

Just calm down, don't get so upset that people don't accept abuse and are willing to say it.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 23488
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 31 Mar 2016, 1:51 pm

Are jobsworth cockloshes another breed of gypsy?

aucklandlaurie

Posts : 7527
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 64
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by Jimpy Thu 31 Mar 2016, 1:56 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote: Are jobsworth cockloshes another breed of gypsy?

No, they're self appointed defenders of the faith, the 'uddled masses, the great unwashed. Oh, and the Gypsies.

Jimpy

Posts : 2823
Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : Not in a hot sandy place anymore

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 31 Mar 2016, 1:57 pm

Jimpy wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote: Are jobsworth cockloshes another breed of gypsy?

No, they're self appointed defenders of the faith, the 'uddled masses, the great unwashed. Oh, and the Gypsies.


So, theyre like lawyers?

aucklandlaurie

Posts : 7527
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 64
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by Jimpy Thu 31 Mar 2016, 2:13 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote: Are jobsworth cockloshes another breed of gypsy?

No, they're self appointed defenders of the faith, the 'uddled masses, the great unwashed. Oh, and the Gypsies.


So, theyre like lawyers?

Sort of, if you add 'barrack room' before the word 'lawyers', you're pretty much there.

Jimpy

Posts : 2823
Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : Not in a hot sandy place anymore

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by lostinwales Thu 31 Mar 2016, 2:29 pm

vigilanties?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 10904
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by Jimpy Thu 31 Mar 2016, 3:05 pm

lostinwales wrote:vigilanties?

Are they Spanish or Italian Gypsies?

Jimpy

Posts : 2823
Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : Not in a hot sandy place anymore

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by exile jack Thu 31 Mar 2016, 3:13 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:
bumble wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:

And as I keep saying to you... despite what the LAW says the reason for this very public situation is that many many peoples OPINION is that it SHOULDNT be racist! And its going too far!



If your opinion is that abusing a minority (a minority that has a history of being persecuted) by saying "Oi gypsy boy, get back to your caravan" shouldn't be racist, then I just feel nothing but pity for you and your mindset.

I bet you're a right laugh a minute on a night out Rolling Eyes

At least we now know what happened to that player's tadger that was ripped off in a game - it renamed itself and is now posting on here as a Gypsy apologist.

Laugh

Thou shalt not put traffic cones on ones head for it is against the laws of this land!!!!

You are making me chuckle.Under the Road Traffic Act 1988 stealing or interfering with traffic cones can lead to fines of up to £5000 and a term of imprisonment of 6 months and above.

exile jack

Posts : 336
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 31 Mar 2016, 3:16 pm

Don't tell Bumble that, he'll have a panic attack!

I never ever did this anyway, never ever.

Sgt_Pooly
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 34777
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by Hoonercat Thu 31 Mar 2016, 3:28 pm

exile jack wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:
bumble wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:

And as I keep saying to you... despite what the LAW says the reason for this very public situation is that many many peoples OPINION is that it SHOULDNT be racist! And its going too far!



If your opinion is that abusing a minority (a minority that has a history of being persecuted) by saying "Oi gypsy boy, get back to your caravan" shouldn't be racist, then I just feel nothing but pity for you and your mindset.

I bet you're a right laugh a minute on a night out Rolling Eyes

At least we now know what happened to that player's tadger that was ripped off in a game - it renamed itself and is now posting on here as a Gypsy apologist.

Laugh

Thou shalt not put traffic cones on ones head for it is against the laws of this land!!!!

You are making me chuckle.Under the Road Traffic Act 1988 stealing or interfering with traffic cones can lead to fines of up to £5000 and a term of imprisonment of 6 months and above.

But they're such loving, affectionate creatures. heart One followed me home from the pub years ago and has stayed ever since, I may even make it official and go through the adoption process kiss

Hoonercat

Posts : 397
Join date : 2015-03-23

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by Cyril Thu 31 Mar 2016, 3:43 pm

I had one too. Don't know where it is now. Cone but not forgotten...

Cyril

Posts : 7162
Join date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by exile jack Thu 31 Mar 2016, 3:48 pm

What next? Joe M serenading Samson L with the song 'Just a cone at twilight'.Is adoption a defence at a disciplinary hearing? I need a holiday.

exile jack

Posts : 336
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by Marshes Thu 31 Mar 2016, 4:00 pm

I think Marler should have been punished for this, it was a stupid thing to say on national television about an already marginalised and ostracised group of society (be they Irish or Roma travellers). It was meant as pejorative and such have been dealt with as such. Couple of weeks ban to set the bar, issue handled, move back to the actual fecking sport.

At this point though I just feel bad for Marler being dragged through the briars over a very easily solvable issue, and while I think World Rugby have the right to step in when they question the judgement of the panel, I think this would have never have been the case if the Six Nations had dealt with it appropriately in the first place. Now with the players union is involved Marler must be mortified, I'd wager this is a much bigger incentive for him to never say something like it again.

Marshes

Posts : 807
Join date : 2012-11-15

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by Marshes Thu 31 Mar 2016, 4:06 pm

Also, I hear people talking about "PC brigades" and "political correctness gone mad", what things can't people say anymore that are such losses to society?

Marshes

Posts : 807
Join date : 2012-11-15

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by Cyril Thu 31 Mar 2016, 4:23 pm

Marshes wrote:At this point though I just feel bad for Marler being dragged through the briars over a very easily solvable issue, and while I think World Rugby have the right to step in when they question the judgement of the panel, I think this would have never have been the case if the Six Nations had dealt with it appropriately in the first place. Now with the players union is involved Marler must be mortified, I'd wager this is a much bigger incentive for him to never say something like it again.
Yep, this sums it up for me. Trial by (social) media could have been largely avoided by a proper, swift sanction. It's a silly mess now. Marker could have been properly sanctioned and we all learn and move on. While he was wrong, I do feel for the guy.

Cyril

Posts : 7162
Join date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 31 Mar 2016, 4:24 pm

C'mon lads, stop trying to drag this back on topic!

Sgt_Pooly
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 34777
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by Cyril Thu 31 Mar 2016, 4:26 pm

Sorry, stick that in your conetract!

Cyril

Posts : 7162
Join date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by exile jack Thu 31 Mar 2016, 4:38 pm

Cyril wrote:Sorry, stick that in your conetract!

Coneceivably,the best post today.Conegratulations.

exile jack

Posts : 336
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by damage_13 Thu 31 Mar 2016, 5:31 pm

Blueschief wrote:I remember as a lad playing rugby for my school, and I was singled out for some abuse. I'm deaf and couldnt wear my hearing aids on the pitch, so there were a few funny moments. On one occasion  a lad on the other team started to mock me using what he thought was a funny appropriation of sign language, it was obvious that he didn't have a clue what he was doing, and nor did I cos I don't sign , have never learnt it. Seeing that I turned to my team mates and said very loudly that kid just said he shags chickens. So he was called all sorts of names after that. After the match his parents marched him up to me and my folks in the car park and made him apologise for it, which I gratefully received. We became best friends. Subsequently though, his school suspended him for two weeks for that, which I thought was unjust.
I'm not saying that the Marler incident should be buried and forgotten, but I couldn't help seeing a lot of parrallels between my schooldays incident and this one. Marler was being immature, that's not a crime in itself, however racial abuse is. I don't think he should be banned for it, but he does deserve at least a rap on the knuckles.

being deaf myself I found this pretty funny, and I agree with your closing comments, but unfortunately because the RFU/^N sanction wasn't deemed harsh enough people went crying to WR.

A video by both (Marler is actually quite funny) highlighting acceptable rivalry should be the only punishment but Rugby is now a laughing stock

damage_13

Posts : 682
Join date : 2011-09-08
Location : Southampton, England

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2016, 7:33 pm

damage_13 wrote:
Blueschief wrote:I remember as a lad playing rugby for my school, and I was singled out for some abuse. I'm deaf and couldnt wear my hearing aids on the pitch, so there were a few funny moments. On one occasion  a lad on the other team started to mock me using what he thought was a funny appropriation of sign language, it was obvious that he didn't have a clue what he was doing, and nor did I cos I don't sign , have never learnt it. Seeing that I turned to my team mates and said very loudly that kid just said he shags chickens. So he was called all sorts of names after that. After the match his parents marched him up to me and my folks in the car park and made him apologise for it, which I gratefully received. We became best friends. Subsequently though, his school suspended him for two weeks for that, which I thought was unjust.
I'm not saying that the Marler incident should be buried and forgotten, but I couldn't help seeing a lot of parrallels between my schooldays incident and this one. Marler was being immature, that's not a crime in itself, however racial abuse is. I don't think he should be banned for it, but he does deserve at least a rap on the knuckles.

being deaf myself I found this pretty funny, and I agree with your closing comments, but unfortunately because the RFU/^N sanction wasn't deemed harsh enough people went crying to WR.

A video by both (Marler is actually quite funny) highlighting acceptable rivalry should be the only punishment but Rugby is now a laughing stock

You think it's a laughing stock because some think racist comments have no place in rugby? Maybe it's because you think this particular example of a racist comment doesn't deserve a week or two ban? If the latter, then that's your opinion, but it's one that I disagree with.
The 6N's really should have taken action in response to the racist comment. If they had then WR would not have got involved. What convinces you that anyone went crying to WR? If someone did it was probably a spokesperson for the Gypsey communities, and they have every right to complain if they felt the comment offensive. It isn't for us to determine what should, or shouldn't, offend them.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by Fanster Thu 31 Mar 2016, 7:36 pm

damage_13 wrote:
Blueschief wrote:I remember as a lad playing rugby for my school, and I was singled out for some abuse. I'm deaf and couldnt wear my hearing aids on the pitch, so there were a few funny moments. On one occasion  a lad on the other team started to mock me using what he thought was a funny appropriation of sign language, it was obvious that he didn't have a clue what he was doing, and nor did I cos I don't sign , have never learnt it. Seeing that I turned to my team mates and said very loudly that kid just said he shags chickens. So he was called all sorts of names after that. After the match his parents marched him up to me and my folks in the car park and made him apologise for it, which I gratefully received. We became best friends. Subsequently though, his school suspended him for two weeks for that, which I thought was unjust.
I'm not saying that the Marler incident should be buried and forgotten, but I couldn't help seeing a lot of parrallels between my schooldays incident and this one. Marler was being immature, that's not a crime in itself, however racial abuse is. I don't think he should be banned for it, but he does deserve at least a rap on the knuckles.

being deaf myself I found this pretty funny, and I agree with your closing comments, but unfortunately because the RFU/^N sanction wasn't deemed harsh enough people went crying to WR.

A video by both (Marler is actually quite funny) highlighting acceptable rivalry should be the only punishment but Rugby is now a laughing stock

Clearly both false statements...

There was no sanction by the RFU who wanted nothing to do with it, and 6N saw there no offense. I'm not sure who these people who went crying to WR were, but i'm pretty sure world rugby were monitoring the situation.

The fault here is layed squarely at the feet of the RFU and 6N rugby, who, had either acted with any common sense this issue would've been over before England had won the GS in France. Marlers trial would've been a few boos as the camera panned to him in the stands of the Stade.

Hard not to see Marler as the big victim in all this!

Fanster

Posts : 1633
Join date : 2015-05-31

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by RiscaGame Thu 31 Mar 2016, 9:50 pm

Hoonercat wrote:
exile jack wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:
bumble wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:

And as I keep saying to you... despite what the LAW says the reason for this very public situation is that many many peoples OPINION is that it SHOULDNT be racist! And its going too far!



If your opinion is that abusing a minority (a minority that has a history of being persecuted) by saying "Oi gypsy boy, get back to your caravan" shouldn't be racist, then I just feel nothing but pity for you and your mindset.

I bet you're a right laugh a minute on a night out Rolling Eyes

At least we now know what happened to that player's tadger that was ripped off in a game - it renamed itself and is now posting on here as a Gypsy apologist.

Laugh

Thou shalt not put traffic cones on ones head for it is against the laws of this land!!!!

You are making me chuckle.Under the Road Traffic Act 1988 stealing or interfering with traffic cones can lead to fines of up to £5000 and a term of imprisonment of 6 months and above.

But they're such loving, affectionate creatures. heart One followed me home from the pub years ago and has stayed ever since, I may even make it official and go through the adoption process kiss

Made me laugh

Loving the Partridge references too Cyril.

RiscaGame
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4471
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by majesticimperialman Fri 01 Apr 2016, 4:39 pm

read on these boards last night, That Marler said to Samson Lee. ( hey Gypsie boy get back to your caravan.)

Is this what was said. or was it just ( hey Gypsie boy ) As this now been extended by some one. Just to make Marler look worse than before. Or is this the truth?

majesticimperialman

Posts : 5703
Join date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 01 Apr 2016, 5:03 pm


Whats the truth got to do with it?

aucklandlaurie

Posts : 7527
Join date : 2011-06-27
Age : 64
Location : Auckland

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by RDSguru Fri 01 Apr 2016, 5:43 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:read on these boards last night, That Marler said to Samson Lee. ( hey Gypsie boy get back to your caravan.)

Is this what was said. or was it just ( hey Gypsie boy ) As this now been extended by  some one. Just to make Marler look worse than before. Or is this the truth?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2016/03/27/joe-marler-also-insulted-in-gyspy-gate-row-while-new-video-alleg/

The video in the link has been taken down, but they refer to it in the article "video footage released over the weekend suggested that Marler had also said “get back to your caravan” to Lee with lip-reading evidence likely to be used in the World Rugby hearing."

RDSguru

Posts : 441
Join date : 2013-03-09

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 03 Apr 2016, 5:32 pm

Just when does Marler face the World Rugby Board.

Are they really looking at lip reading as evidence now?

The more evidence they dig up. makes me wonder if Marler will ever ( play rugby ) again.

majesticimperialman

Posts : 5703
Join date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by RiscaGame Sun 03 Apr 2016, 7:07 pm

Give me strength.

RiscaGame
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4471
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by Scarpia Sun 03 Apr 2016, 7:28 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:Just when does Marler face the World Rugby Board.

Are they really looking at lip reading as evidence now?

The more evidence they dig up. makes me wonder if Marler will ever ( play rugby ) again.

That would seem fair

Scarpia

Posts : 297
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by quinsforever Sun 03 Apr 2016, 9:14 pm

lip reading might get the tabloids all juiced up, but by definition in law, expert testimony from a lip reader about what someone might have said is considered "opinion". not fact. even if it appears in the telegraph...

will world rugby even refer to lip reading? no chance. because then they will be duty bound to investigate every single case of he said she said bs in relation to using a nationality term...ie english w*****...

quinsforever

Posts : 6764
Join date : 2013-10-10

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 03 Apr 2016, 9:19 pm

Lip reading training for TMOs perhaps?

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 03 Apr 2016, 9:22 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Give me strength.

Steady on Risca.
Someone may grass you up to the Filth.

Cardiff Dave

Posts : 6596
Join date : 2011-11-29
Location : Cardiff reejun

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by quinsforever Sun 03 Apr 2016, 9:23 pm

marler should have been given a retrospective yellow. and then we wouldnt be in this worm can opening situation...

quinsforever

Posts : 6764
Join date : 2013-10-10

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by TJ Mon 04 Apr 2016, 7:45 am

quinsforever wrote:marler should have been given a retrospective yellow. and then we wouldnt be in this worm can opening situation...

I quite agree. 2 week ban suspended / reduced to a commissioners warning because of his apology would have been quite good enough as it would have acknowledged the wrong but without unreasonable punishment for what is a fairly minor infringement

TJ

Posts : 7953
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 04 Apr 2016, 8:35 am

Yup, hearings today. I do hope that WR don't swing the other way and hand a harsh ban out just because the first panel were useless. A bans deserved, an harsh example isn't.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 23488
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by LondonTiger Mon 04 Apr 2016, 9:34 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Yup, hearings today. I do hope that WR don't swing the other way and hand a harsh ban out just because the first panel were useless. A bans deserved, an harsh example isn't.

Some people will only be happy with a ban of 20 weeks plus, others only happy if Marler gets both a complete exoneration AND an apology for putting him through all this. Between the "hang im n flog im" brigade and the "PC gone mad" there is no happy medium.

LondonTiger
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 23485
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by beshocked Mon 04 Apr 2016, 10:08 am

Londontiger I wouldn't be too upset if Marler misses the Australian tour. Will give him a much needed break and give the likes of Waller, Mullan and Auterac a chance to stake a claim at LH.

They should just do it and get on with it.

I still don't personally think it's racism. Gypsies in my opinion aren't a race in though the politically correct law makers say otherwise.

I am sure all of us have been subject to worse verbal abuse than "oi gypsy get back to your caravan".

I still don't understand why this sort of verbal abuse is put on an unique pedestal.

If every form of verbal abuse warranted a ban, then bans should really be handed to every man and their dog.

Myler swore in the Saints game on the weekend, should be hauled in front of the disciplinary panel for naughty language?

Where is the line?

Joe Marler has been named and shamed, surely that's enough?

Other players I am sure will think twice about mentioning gypsies and caravans after this circus.

Could have been worse I guess.... imagine if this was Ashton, his balls would have been nailed to a cross already.

beshocked

Posts : 14849
Join date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by LondonTiger Mon 04 Apr 2016, 10:16 am

beshocked wrote:
Could have been worse I guess.... imagine if this was Ashton, his balls would have been nailed to a cross already.

Christopher Ashton - the mind goes into meltdown.

LondonTiger
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 23485
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 04 Apr 2016, 10:28 am

The line is blurred beshocked. Sport is physical tempers rise players utter obcenities. A lot of the time a warning by the ref is sufficient, but there are cases which cross the line. Players will be often warned about their language if close the ref (and his mic), players missing a kick swearing is generally ignored as you often can't hear them clearly, players swearing at the ref can get reds. Honing in on a characteristic of a person, such as their race or sexuality is a step further and shouldn't be tolerated (and indeed is against the rules here).

No 7&1/2

Posts : 23488
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by Gooseberry Mon 04 Apr 2016, 10:30 am

beshocked wrote:

I still don't personally think it's racism. Gypsies in my opinion aren't a race in though the politically correct law makers say otherwise.
.

The "isnt a race" argument is pretty weak and frankly misses the entire point.

Yes maybe racism isnt the correct word, but singleing individuals out for their heritage, religion, skin colour, or whatever and using that status to belittle them is wrong. Espeically so when that group is one that has a long history of being ostrasized, tarred with negative predjudices, and the target of outright discrimination and hatred.

Bit like Saracens fans.

Gooseberry

Posts : 8054
Join date : 2015-02-11

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by beshocked Mon 04 Apr 2016, 10:32 am

LondonTiger wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Could have been worse I guess.... imagine if this was Ashton, his balls would have been nailed to a cross already.

Christopher Ashton - the mind goes into meltdown.

Amen..... to be fair... Ashton is the saviour.....

Haven't seen the incident but sounds like Ashton was his normal abrasive self vs Bath, just can't keep his head down can he?

Him and Farrell deserve their reputation as the biggest plonkers at Saracens.




beshocked

Posts : 14849
Join date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by Cyril Mon 04 Apr 2016, 10:33 am

LondonTiger wrote:Between the "hang im n flog im" brigade and the "PC gone mad" there is no happy medium.

beshocked wrote:Other players I am sure will think twice about mentioning gypsies and caravans after this circus.
I do like the way the English language and harmless metaphors take on different meanings in this context... Wink

Cyril

Posts : 7162
Join date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 04 Apr 2016, 10:36 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Yup, hearings today. I do hope that WR don't swing the other way and hand a harsh ban out just because the first panel were useless. A bans deserved, an harsh example isn't.

Tomorrow (unless time zones mean that it's today for you)

HammerofThunor

Posts : 10471
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Hull, England - Originally Potteries

Back to top Go down

Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing - Page 12 Empty Re: Marler to Face World Rugby Hearing

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum