The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silly season transfer rumours III...

+61
DaveM
Recwatcher16
chris_501
whocares
RDW
Pot Hale
PhilBB
Knackeredknees
nathan
international198
Driver
TheMildlyFranticLlama
kingelderfield
stnick88
LeinsterFan4life
doctor_grey
englishborn
LordDowlais
BigGee
NeilyBroon
Seagultaf
mckay1402
beshocked
bluestonevedder
sad_gimp
geoff999rugby
MonkeyOwain12
exile jack
Fluxy
Rugby Fan
Artful_Dodger
WELL-PAST-IT
Heaf
profitius
Margin_Walker
munkian
Ozzy3213
George Carlin
Geordie
No 7&1/2
Cumbrian
BamBam
HongKongCherry
propdavid_london
stub
Bathman_in_London
True Raven
ChequeredJersey
king_carlos
formerly known as Sam
lostinwales
mikey_dragon
LondonTiger
Sgt_Pooly
jbeadlesbigrighthand
demosthenes
Welly
yappysnap
Bathite
VinceWLB
Hazel Sapling
65 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Silly season transfer rumours III... - Page 2 Empty Silly season transfer rumours III...

Post by Hazel Sapling Fri 04 Mar 2016, 11:33

First topic message reminder :

Aaron Jarvis has signed for Clermont (http://www.planetrugby.com/news/ospreys-prop-jarvis-to-join-clermont/). The Osprey's signed Rhodri Jones as a replacement I guess.

Steve Shingler (of is he eligible for Scotland or not fame) has gone to the Blues. Straight swap of Shingler for Patchell. Hope Cardiff are paying less as Scarlets got the better player (http://www.planetrugby.com/news/shingler-swaps-scarlets-for-blues/)

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Silly season transfer rumours III... - Page 2 Empty Re: Silly season transfer rumours III...

Post by HongKongCherry Thu 17 Mar 2016, 07:44

Motu Matu'u has signed for Glaws which I'm rather happy about! He truly is a wrecking ball Very Happy
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Silly season transfer rumours III... - Page 2 Empty Re: Silly season transfer rumours III...

Post by yappysnap Thu 17 Mar 2016, 10:52

formerly known as Sam wrote:I don't think they're that desperate. Would be surprised to see them offer Jackson and opportunity to leave Wasps and not be third choice next season though.

I'd be happy with Jackson. I rate him highly.

As you say though we're probably waiting for the DoR. Rumour is that Blackadder is interested but won't commit to his future until after this SR season, which leaves us in a pickle.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 17 Mar 2016, 10:55

HongKongCherry wrote:Motu Matu'u has signed for Glaws which I'm rather happy about! He truly is a wrecking ball Very Happy

Can't throw to save his life!!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Thu 17 Mar 2016, 15:01

Josh Charnley to Sale.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/35824908

As a league fan, I didn't see this coming. I know Charnley has been going through it a little bit over last season but his try scoring stats are phenomenal. Could be a serious coup for Sale

2015 10 tries in 22 games (Spent most of this season injured)
2014 21 tries in 20 games
2013 46 tries in 37 games
2012 36 tries in 32 games
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 17 Mar 2016, 15:10

Always liked the look of him in league. Could be interesting.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Thu 17 Mar 2016, 15:43

BamBam wrote:
HongKongCherry wrote:Motu Matu'u has signed for Glaws which I'm rather happy about! He truly is a wrecking ball Very Happy

Can't throw to save his life!!

I've never been a fan of the lineout so who cares?!
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Fri 18 Mar 2016, 09:23

Rory Clegg back to Glasgow.....

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Fri 18 Mar 2016, 09:26

yappysnap wrote:Man I want Quins to sign someone.

I think every single Prem club has announced at least 1 except for us.
Quins did spend quite a lot last season though Yappy! I am not sure that there is much left in the pot..........I have no idea on the financial side of Quins though!
Also, not knowing who the new DOR is going to be must be a bit of an issue for any incoming players.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 21 Mar 2016, 21:01

Who's the falcons about to announce tomorrow.

Rumours it greg laidlaw. Surely not?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 21 Mar 2016, 22:19

Be a blow for Glaws to lose their first choice scrum half two summers in a row.

Good signing for Falcons though I presume he has a relegation release clause.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 21 Mar 2016, 23:30

Goneva apparently

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 22 Mar 2016, 05:56

formerly known as Sam wrote:Be a blow for Glaws to lose their first choice scrum half two summers in a row.

Good signing for Falcons though I presume he has a relegation release clause.
That would be a weird move for Laidlaw - he's a key player and goal kicker for the Cherries and I know for a fact that he likes it in Gloucester. He's also a very loyal club man so I'd be surprised if he bounced around clubs.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 22 Mar 2016, 06:57

Goneva more likely as Bambam says. Good time to announce that with him coming back in to form.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 22 Mar 2016, 08:07

Goneva confirmed
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 22 Mar 2016, 11:00

Ah not inspired by that signing!

Just add him to the Tuilagi brothers that have been the biggest waste of budget and signings of Deans tenure!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 22 Mar 2016, 11:06

Not really impressed with the Goneva signing but brings options at wing and 13 which we've missed

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 22 Mar 2016, 11:12

But Sgt If we're so bothered about having some big powerhouse Fijians or islanders, can we not go an source our own youngsters on their way up!!!!

Find a young Nathan Hughes or a young Alex Tuilagi looking to make a name.

Why do we just take expensive cast offs!!! We've got it the wrong way round!!!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 22 Mar 2016, 11:14

Played well at the weekend and is nominated for try of the week. Big, strong and quick with excellent footwork. Getting in a bit but keep him fit and you'll get a couple if good years out of him. Not at all in the same vein as Alesana who is considerably older and is all about running over people.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 22 Mar 2016, 11:14

GeordieFalcon wrote:But Sgt If we're so bothered about having some big powerhouse Fijians or islanders, can we not go an source our own youngsters on their way up!!!!

I know this isn't kind, but you could just rename yourselves 'Tiger rejects' instead of Falcons.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 22 Mar 2016, 11:29

lostinwales wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:But Sgt If we're so bothered about having some big powerhouse Fijians or islanders, can we not go an source our own youngsters on their way up!!!!

I know this isn't kind, but you could just rename yourselves 'Tiger rejects' instead of Falcons.

Like Bath are LI's rejects ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 22 Mar 2016, 11:59

munkian wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

Are the respective teams picking up players on the way up or the way down? LI is the Bath development squad....

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 22 Mar 2016, 12:17

Homer, Watson, Joseph, Banahan, Bowden, Lahiff, Garvey, Sisi - have I missed anyone?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 22 Mar 2016, 12:22

lostinwales wrote:

We steal their young (including Mickey) and in return they get our old and infirm (including Michael)

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 22 Mar 2016, 12:52

Yeah thanks for Mickey Youngs!!!! What a pile of garbage.

I bemoaned when we announced his signing / return...and every game confirms I was right!!!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 22 Mar 2016, 13:00

munkian wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

If they are the rejects, then i'd love to see the ones that made it! If Garvey, Watson and Joseph are the runts, then the players that made it must be awesome

It is more like when we became the Tigers' retirement home with Moody, Hipkiss and Vesty

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 22 Mar 2016, 13:03

LondonTiger wrote:Homer, Watson, Joseph, Banahan, Bowden, Lahiff, Garvey, Sisi - have I missed anyone?

Hatley as coach and that's probably your set

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 22 Mar 2016, 13:04

oh and Toby Booth

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 22 Mar 2016, 13:33

Of course! Oops.

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 22 Mar 2016, 13:39

Niki was on around 300k apprently.

Falcons are offering a lot more so a hear.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 22 Mar 2016, 13:55

I doubt that very much Welly

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Margin_Walker Tue 22 Mar 2016, 15:12

No way in the world Newcastle would be paying over 300k for a 32yo Goneva.

Would be an incredibly odd move if that were true.

Margin_Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 22 Mar 2016, 16:01

No chance they are offering that Welly.

And if they were, then my argument about going to the islands to unearth our own gems stands taller!

Maybe a few Kenyans beast will follow this No.8 we have signed.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 22 Mar 2016, 16:05

Doubt it all you want that is what I have heard when this deal happened (a few months ago) from multiple people who have proven to be very very reliable for a long time.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 22 Mar 2016, 16:08

I'd be utterly amazed if they have offered him that.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 22 Mar 2016, 16:15

Only going off what I have heard.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 22 Mar 2016, 16:25

We haven't got that kind of cash to spend in one player Well and if we did it would be on somebody better than Goneva in a more pivotal position ie TH,8,SH,FG.

We seriously haven't got that kind of money to throw around which is sad to say.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 22 Mar 2016, 16:27

Again That I what I have been told and when I get a lot of info that turns out to be correct I tend to trust them.

Of course could well have got their wires cross and said figure might be over 2 seasons as per season, But it wasn't what I was told.

Last edited by Welly on Tue 22 Mar 2016, 16:35; edited 1 time in total

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 22 Mar 2016, 16:34

Yea no bother Well, I see what your saying. I wish we had that kind of cash!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Margin_Walker Tue 22 Mar 2016, 17:13

Just as a comparison, Marland Yarde moved to Quins in the summer of 2014 when he was hot property for a widely reported 200k a year.

I know there is a bit more money floating around these days, but I would be surprised if it had reached a point where (an admittedly very good) 32yo winger like Goneva could expect to get hold significantly more than 300k.

Could happen I guess, but it would be a huge burden on the resources of a club like Newcastle.

Margin_Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 22 Mar 2016, 17:35

I suspect Tigers offered him a good whack two years ago to keep Castres out. They've significantly reduced their estimation of his value and Falcons have outbid us. I'm not sure 300k can be accurate but who knows.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 22 Mar 2016, 18:46

We'll have Yarde over Goneva if he's free?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 22 Mar 2016, 19:00

No!

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 22 Mar 2016, 19:09

Rolling Eyes

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Tue 22 Mar 2016, 19:38

Rumour of Aj McGinty
Connacht to Sale.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Tue 22 Mar 2016, 21:04

Sgt_Pooly wrote:We'll have Yarde over Goneva if he's free?
I'm surprised Yarde didn't end up at Bath ...

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 22 Mar 2016, 21:15

Heaf wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:We'll have Yarde over Goneva if he's free?
I'm surprised Yarde didn't end up at Bath ...

Me too. We missed out and couldn't afford him so, we went for a little known Army officer instead. Pretty happy with the outcome

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Tue 22 Mar 2016, 22:01

Smile

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 25 Mar 2016, 08:56

sale Sharks announce two new signings:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/35893720

Good, experienced players who will not be overly expensive and should give real value for money to Steve Diamond's team.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 25 Mar 2016, 09:05

Fantastic signings for Sale. Kruger is a quality line out operator and when fit Longbottom is a solid scrummager. Diamond has done well to bring them in.

Still needs to find a starting ten though and that won't be easy.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 25 Mar 2016, 09:15

formerly known as Sam wrote:Fantastic signings for Sale. Kruger is a quality line out operator and when fit Longbottom is a solid scrummager. Diamond has done well to bring them in.

Still needs to find a starting ten though and that won't be easy.

Yeah, Joe Ford is poor. Perhaps Ruaridh Jackson as he looks to be surplus to requirements at Wasps

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next