The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silly season transfer rumours III...

+61
DaveM
Recwatcher16
chris_501
whocares
RDW
Pot Hale
PhilBB
Knackeredknees
nathan
international198
Driver
TheMildlyFranticLlama
kingelderfield
stnick88
LeinsterFan4life
doctor_grey
englishborn
LordDowlais
BigGee
NeilyBroon
Seagultaf
mckay1402
beshocked
bluestonevedder
sad_gimp
geoff999rugby
MonkeyOwain12
exile jack
Fluxy
Rugby Fan
Artful_Dodger
WELL-PAST-IT
Heaf
profitius
Margin_Walker
munkian
Ozzy3213
George Carlin
Geordie
No 7&1/2
Cumbrian
BamBam
HongKongCherry
propdavid_london
stub
Bathman_in_London
True Raven
ChequeredJersey
king_carlos
formerly known as Sam
lostinwales
mikey_dragon
LondonTiger
Sgt_Pooly
jbeadlesbigrighthand
demosthenes
Welly
yappysnap
Bathite
VinceWLB
Hazel Sapling
65 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Silly season transfer rumours III... - Page 11 Empty Silly season transfer rumours III...

Post by Hazel Sapling Fri 04 Mar 2016, 11:33 am

First topic message reminder :

Aaron Jarvis has signed for Clermont (http://www.planetrugby.com/news/ospreys-prop-jarvis-to-join-clermont/). The Osprey's signed Rhodri Jones as a replacement I guess.

Steve Shingler (of is he eligible for Scotland or not fame) has gone to the Blues. Straight swap of Shingler for Patchell. Hope Cardiff are paying less as Scarlets got the better player (http://www.planetrugby.com/news/shingler-swaps-scarlets-for-blues/)

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Silly season transfer rumours III... - Page 11 Empty Re: Silly season transfer rumours III...

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 17 May 2016, 9:12 pm

Our rumour mill has been quiet as of late, but today the rumours have started to do the rounds again. These rumours are Ben Franks, Quade Cooper and Mike Ford to Dragons.

* Another one, Charteris is still trying to back out of his Bath deal and return to the Dragons on a dual contract with an eye on prolonging his career before moving into a coaching role. I had first heard that Charteris was trying to pull out of his new contract a few weeks ago, and I think with the imminent departure of Ford that will go a whole lot smoother. Funny that if this goes through him and Ford could still end up working together!

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Silly season transfer rumours III... - Page 11 Empty Re: Silly season transfer rumours III...

Post by doctor_grey Tue 17 May 2016, 11:10 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:
Welly wrote:Saints?

10) Ford
12) Mallinder
Anything is possible, but I don't think he fits with Saints.  They prefer at least a modicum of a defensive presence and stability in their fly halves.  Already burned by signing Ryan Lamb a few years ago.

Yet you play Myler. Ford is a much better defender imo. At least he tries to tackle, whereas Stevie does a Les "Speedbump" cusworth impression.
...........and Stevie has done pretty well for us.  When Myler has been healthy Saints never hid him defensively the way I have seen Bath do with Ford.  I think Ford is much closer to the O'Gara school of tackling than Myler.  To be fair, no one wants to be in the discussion for the worst matador style olé defence.

OK, OK, I am not Ford's biggest admirer.  To me he is a very good runner for a 10 which can hold defenders and create space for others.  But, Saints have to do something about the fly half position.  Myler does have a lot of mileage and has taken a beating.  I can't see him playing too much longer.  Also, if we don't get our back line sorted soon, it won't matter who plays 10.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 18 May 2016, 7:41 am

Ford is always happy to put his body on the line but there isn't much body there. He's done pretty well when targeted by opposition teams.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Wed 18 May 2016, 8:59 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Our rumour mill has been quiet as of late, but today the rumours have started to do the rounds again. These rumours are Ben Franks, Quade Cooper and Mike Ford to Dragons.

* Another one, Charteris is still trying to back out of his Bath deal and return to the Dragons on a dual contract with an eye on prolonging his career before moving into a coaching role. I had first heard that Charteris was trying to pull out of his new contract a few weeks ago, and I think with the imminent departure of Ford that will go a whole lot smoother. Funny that if this goes through him and Ford could still end up working together!

Lol.

In other news SBW is joining Doncaster

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 18 May 2016, 9:26 am

SBW must want a championship medal to add to all his others...

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 18 May 2016, 9:29 am

There's a game on tonight, think Donny may actually take a lead down to Bristol next week. They really should have beatne Bristol a few backs.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 18 May 2016, 9:39 am

Donny have decent Championship side. Bristol are still operating like an AP one. I can't see Bristol bottling it again.

Some Aussie newspapers were mentioning that SBW fa cued a cracking in England. Can't see it personally as I reckon post Olympics he'll be eyeing up the Lions Tour. He doesn't need the money he just goes around looking for medals.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 18 May 2016, 9:47 am

I read SBW's agent was in Toulon this week or last tying up a deal, he always said he'd go back.

I would find it quite amusing if Bristol failed again.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 18 May 2016, 9:49 am

Bristol changed their fitness regime and "sacrificed" performances in April to be ready now.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 18 May 2016, 9:51 am

To be fair, the sooner its first past the post the better.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 18 May 2016, 10:13 am

Just going by the head to head I saw Sam, given the weather in Doncaster currently and the fact the scrum is normally on top I think they'll do it tonight. Whether they can hold out for another win at Bristol is another matter. Henson is missing and he was the best player on the pitch at Castle Park even with the missed pens.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 18 May 2016, 10:51 am

I'd like to see Donny do well. Especially as they are a Tigers feeder team and we have one of our development squad on the bench. Hope you're right about tonight as a Bristol all guns blazing trying to over turn a loss in the first leg will make for an open and entertaining second leg. Was it Bristol vs LW with the end to end second leg a few years back? Or was it Wuss? Phenomenal game of rugby.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Wed 18 May 2016, 10:55 am

It would be something if Bristol bottled it for what....a 3rd time would this be?
If it doesn't work out this time surely it would be all change for the management structure.
I know nothing of Doncaster....but they must be the massive underdogs. I was really pleased to see that they met the criteria for promotion too...adds a real edge to the game.
LT, do you mean Bristol were resting players for this playoff series?

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 18 May 2016, 11:55 am

Well I expect Bristol to win over 2 legs but Donny won down there by about 10 or 12 from memory and had a last minute try from Varndell (who was truely awful) deny them a win up here.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by sad_gimp Wed 18 May 2016, 1:43 pm

Quins sign Aaron Morris from Sarries. Never seen the lad, any good?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/36323396

sad_gimp

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Wed 18 May 2016, 1:55 pm

Not really the signing we are really looking for at Quins.........

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 18 May 2016, 1:57 pm

propdavid_london wrote:It would be something if Bristol bottled it for what....a 3rd time would this be?  
If it doesn't work out this time surely it would be all change for the management structure.
I know nothing of Doncaster....but they must be the massive underdogs.  I was really pleased to see that they met the criteria for promotion too...adds a real edge to the game.  
LT, do you mean Bristol were resting players for this playoff series?  

Not really, though there was some of that. More that they were following the Exeter example of a few years ago and effectively re-entering pre-season mode with respect to fitness training, tapering for the play-offs.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 18 May 2016, 2:40 pm

propdavid_london wrote:Not really the signing we are really looking for at Quins.........

It was the sort of signing we were after at Tigers though. He's a debt back three prospect but you're not short in that department.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 18 May 2016, 2:43 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
propdavid_london wrote:Not really the signing we are really looking for at Quins.........

It was the sort of signing we were after at Tigers though. He's a debt back three prospect but you're not short in that department.

Charlie Walker being released by Quins.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 18 May 2016, 3:11 pm

Morris is a fine FB, I presume a long term replacement for Brown?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 18 May 2016, 3:15 pm

Walker is an odd one, decent AP performer.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 18 May 2016, 3:43 pm

I'd be very happy for Tigers to bring Walker back to Welford Road. We could use another winger for depth and he's a hell of a talent.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by sad_gimp Wed 18 May 2016, 3:46 pm

LondonTiger wrote:

Really? That's a real loss, he's come on very nicely the last season, a natural try-scorer Sad

sad_gimp

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed 18 May 2016, 4:07 pm

Think S.Armitage could be a good fit for Wasps but won't be cheap.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 18 May 2016, 5:36 pm

king_carlos wrote:I'd be very happy for Tigers to bring Walker back to Welford Road. We could use another winger for depth and he's a hell of a talent.

Agreed. Mauger and Geordan and developed TV this season, helping him consistently unleash his natural talents but remain a solid player in defence and in position. If they could do the same with Walker that would be very useful especially with Tait not getting any younger.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 18 May 2016, 5:50 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:

Insane.
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Wed 18 May 2016, 6:17 pm

Rumour - Pat Lam from Connacht to Bath. Bare in mind a lot of Head Coaches are going to start being linked with Bath and Lam has 2 season left to run on his Connacht contract.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 18 May 2016, 6:58 pm

Just checking, is this where we start rumours?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed 18 May 2016, 9:24 pm

I don't understand what's happening here

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Wed 18 May 2016, 9:41 pm

Basically Charlie Walker is going to Edinburgh to try and get in the Scotland team
Richard Cockerill is joining Bath as DoR
Lancaster is joining Tigers as DoR
LCFC have brought Welford road to build parking on.
Wasps are in talks with toulon to buy their whole squad to use as training opponents for them.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 19 May 2016, 8:00 am

Welly wrote: Basically Charlie Walker is going to Edinburgh to try and get in the Scotland team
Richard Cockerill is joining Bath as DoR
Lancaster is joining Tigers as DoR
LCFC have brought Welford road to build parking on.
Wasps are in talks with toulon to buy their whole squad to use as training opponents for them.

So I heard.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Thu 19 May 2016, 10:12 am

Charlie Walker is a big surprise - I didn't even know he had Scots heritage!
He was building nicely for Quins.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Thu 19 May 2016, 11:00 am

Walker is a very Scottish name.

Also Very good friends with Watson who where in the same school together and both in Tigers academy at the same time.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Thu 26 May 2016, 9:26 am

Tigers sign Genge on a long term deal.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 26 May 2016, 9:27 am

As expected I guess, great signing.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 26 May 2016, 9:52 am

As expected, great bit of poaching by us. Of our six first team props for next season Balmain will have the least amount of international honours having only played for England in a no cap game vs the Baabaas. That's a promising sign.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 26 May 2016, 9:54 am

Great signing- been thoroughly impressed with him.

Out of interest, does anyone know how much a player like Genge would demand a year in salary? 21 years old, a player coming from the championship, huge potential, etc?

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 26 May 2016, 10:37 am

Leroy Houston: Bath forward leaves club to rejoin Super Rugby's Queensland Reds
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu 26 May 2016, 10:37 am

Burns left the bath academy in text highly rated but with no first team caps at about 20 yo. They tripled his wages to £70k. But genge is much further down the line and in a position that also pays very well. Could be similar I guess

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Thu 26 May 2016, 10:39 am

bluestonevedder wrote:Great signing- been thoroughly impressed with him.

Out of interest, does anyone know how much a player like Genge would demand a year in salary? 21 years old, a player coming from the championship, huge potential, etc?

Long term deal (Which for Tigers means 3 years)

Would say it is prob 100K +

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 26 May 2016, 10:46 am

Welly wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:Great signing- been thoroughly impressed with him.

Long term deal (Which for Tigers means 3 years)

Would say it is prob 100K +

Thanks Welly. Not too shabby!

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 26 May 2016, 11:48 am

Given he's in the England set up and now on the radars of half of Europe I suspect his asking price has risen steeply from what it was a few weeks back when he was unwanted by Bristol and dogged by rumours of off field issues.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Thu 26 May 2016, 11:58 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:Given he's in the England set up and now on the radars of half of Europe I suspect his asking price has risen steeply from what it was a few weeks back when he was unwanted by Bristol and dogged by rumours of off field issues.

Well he was signed up before the England call up.

From what I gather it was a done deal before Bath hence why he started.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 26 May 2016, 12:18 pm

Welly wrote: Tigers sign Genge on a long term deal.

When Itoje re-signed with Sarries last season a few of us made jokes about it being the 'signing of the season' even though it was expected by everyone.

Genge signing long term is different given he moved due to off field issues rather than exploding out the academy but it feels like a similar situation. Even with guys like Toomua and JP Pietersen coming to Tigers I'm happiest and most excited by Genge staying.

The kid has a level of aggression in contact that isn't seen as much anymore but is so useful for any side. It's the classic you'd only ever want him on your team rather than theirs! Plus he's already solid at set-piece and who better to learn from that Ayerza.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 26 May 2016, 6:24 pm

Welly wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:Given he's in the England set up and now on the radars of half of Europe I suspect his asking price has risen steeply from what it was a few weeks back when he was unwanted by Bristol and dogged by rumours of off field issues.

Well he was signed up before the England call up.

From what I gather it was a done deal before Bath hence why he started.

Let's hope the ink was dry and with Genge and Bristol before Bath the because his worth would have risen steadily since then.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Tue 31 May 2016, 11:41 am

Quins sign a new 2nd row -
http://www.quins.co.uk/news/harlequins-sign-super-rugby-winner-mark-reddish/

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 31 May 2016, 12:04 pm

As someone who follows Super rugby a fair amount I had never heard of him before.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Tue 31 May 2016, 12:06 pm

Neither had I, originally Hurricanes then switched to Highlanders and started in the final.
Must have been around for a while at 29.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 31 May 2016, 12:10 pm

31 I think actually

Only 20 starts in 5 seasons I think looking at it.

Should be handy experiance mind.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Tue 31 May 2016, 12:12 pm

Looks to be more of a squad player - still, likely to be an improvement on Charlie Matthews and good experience for the younger guys of Merrick and Twomey.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next