The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro12 run-in to 2016 playoffs and placings

+30
Pete330v2
Gibson
the-goon
brennomac
wayne
IanBru
jimbopip
LeinsterFan4life
St John The Enforcer
bsando
Kingshu
The Great Aukster
EST
funnyExiledScot
21st Century Schizoid Man
Notch
ScarletSpiderman
Hazel Sapling
TJ
Golden
mikey_dragon
marty2086
PenfroPete
VinceWLB
Blueschief
Shifty
BigGee
geoff999rugby
George Carlin
Pot Hale
34 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Pro12 run-in to 2016 playoffs and placings - Page 2 Empty Pro12 run-in to 2016 playoffs and placings

Post by Pot Hale Sat 26 Mar - 2:48

First topic message reminder :

Update:  After Round 21

Well you couldn't ask for a better final round to the regular season.  Every match has got something riding on it, with only two teams - Dragons and Cardiff - not able to benefit from either a play-off spot or a European Cup placing.

Glasgow now sit on top of the heap, displaying their cup-winning form of last season as they've hit the home stretch.  But they can still be overtaken by Connacht lying in second place.  Both sides want a home-semi-final let alone kudos of finishing at the top of the table.  The Sportsground will be rocking next weekend as the men from the west look to have their most successful season ever finish on a high.

Despite having more won more games than any other team in the league so far, Leinster are sitting in 3rd spot having been roundly trounced by Ulster at Ravenhill. 3 points behind Glasgow, the most they can hope for is second spot if Glasgow rule the day.  If Connacht win against Glasgow to gain 4 points and put them on 73, and Leinster get a try bonus point against Treviso, then Leinster will top the table by dint of more games won during the season.

But is a TBP or even a win against Treviso at RDS a foregone conclusion?   Connacht found out to their cost that Treviso are desperate to make the European placings, and now having got ahead of Zebre, want to remain there.   Zebre have a home match against the Dragons who have nothing to play for but pride.   Both teams have just won 4 matches this season, but Dragons have gained 10 LBPs in the course of the season.

Right in the middle of the table lies a double Welsh-Irish battle - with lots at stake for all four teams - Ospreys v Ulster and Munster v Scarlets. A win for Ospreys would put them level with Munster on 58 - although Munster have won 12 games to Ospreys 11.   It would also do their Welsh colleagues in Scarlets a favour who if they win their match could take the last play-off spot from Ulster.   And in turn, if Scarlets beat Munster, then Ospreys could go through into the last European spot, as their points difference would be better than Munster's.   Even if Munster beat Scarlets with a TBP, they can't overtake them in 5th place as Scarlets have two more wins than them currently.

Lastly, Edinburgh will be lying in wait, hoping for Ulster and Scarlets to do the business, and hope they can somehow get a TBP win against Cardiff who were knocked out of the running with their loss to Ospreys at the weekend.   5 points for Edinburgh would put them on 58 points equal to Munster, with 12 wins apiece but Edinburgh with the better points difference.

Think that covers all of the possibilities.   But feel free to add any in.

Last edited by Pot Hale on Sun 1 May - 23:05; edited 6 times in total
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Pro12 run-in to 2016 playoffs and placings - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 run-in to 2016 playoffs and placings

Post by St John The Enforcer Mon 28 Mar - 23:06

If Leinster were first and Scarlets were 4th then a Leinster Scarlets final would be impossible.

St John The Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Pro12 run-in to 2016 playoffs and placings - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12 run-in to 2016 playoffs and placings

Post by Guest Mon 28 Mar - 23:16

St John The Enforcer wrote:If Leinster were first and Scarlets were 4th then a Leinster Scarlets final would be impossible.

No, they would meet in the semi. Ist v 4th and 2nd v 3rd.

oh...... you said, "impossible

Doh

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Mon 28 Mar - 23:56

How are the tickets selling for the final? If they can get over 35k for this without a scotish team in the final, it would be a very big success for the league

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Tue 29 Mar - 1:53

LeinsterFan4life wrote:How are the tickets selling for the final? If they can get over 35k for this without a scotish team in the final, it would be a very big success for the league

There will be a Scottish team in the final.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Tue 29 Mar - 9:36

Sorry 21st but the scrum is the weakness of the team. In the loose and the lineout's the pack is very good. Parity with Ulster (whose scrum I do not rate at the top) and doing well against Leinster (who were missing their first choice if I remember correctly) is not where I measure it. Edinburgh and Racing (first leg) showed what a top scrum is. Connacht should be the test as their scrum has been at that level all season. Against the Scarlets and the Italians, the Glasgow scrum should get at least parity if not more. Part of not having a top tighthead (thanks De Klerk).

I fancy a resurgent Glasgow to make the final after being the first team to win an away semi final especially if the weather and pitch are good.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Tue 29 Mar - 20:00

Hazel Sapling wrote:Sorry 21st but the scrum is the weakness of the team. In the loose and the lineout's the pack is very good. Parity with Ulster (whose scrum I do not rate at the top) and doing well against Leinster (who were missing their first choice if I remember correctly) is not where I measure it. Edinburgh and Racing (first leg) showed what a top scrum is. Connacht should be the test as their scrum has been at that level all season. Against the Scarlets and the Italians, the Glasgow scrum should get at least parity if not more. Part of not having a top tighthead (thanks De Klerk).

I fancy a resurgent Glasgow to make the final after being the first team to win an away semi final especially if the weather and pitch are good.

I think a Glasgow v Connacht final could be a great Pro 12 final if both teams stay true to their running/offloading style of game. And you'd get a good few other provincial fans travelling for that one too. I'd certainly go.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 2 Apr - 19:01

Huge thank you to the Blues for knocking over the Scarlets! Big effort from them.

Ulster taking down Connacht was also very helpful for us.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 2 Apr - 19:43

It's far to early to go into the pantry and start counting chickens.

But.... Whistle

Glasgow are the team in the top six who are coming into form. Okay the Ladyboys are beginning to look like their old selves too.

I can't see Craggy Island Seconds totally imploding and missing out on the play offs.

So,
Ladyboys
Glasgow,
Craggy Island
Ulster.

Probably in that order.

But even I wouldn't call those semis. Ulster must feel they are due a win at Scotstoun and the Craggy Islanders are good enough to win at the RDS.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 2 Apr - 20:12

jimbopip wrote:It's far to early to go into the pantry and start counting chickens.

But.... Whistle

Glasgow are the team in the top six who are coming into form. Okay the Ladyboys are beginning to look like their old selves too.

I can't see Craggy Island Seconds totally imploding and missing out on the play offs.

So,
Ladyboys
Glasgow,
Craggy Island
Ulster.

Probably in that order.  

But even I wouldn't call those semis. Ulster must feel they are due a win at Scotstoun and the Craggy Islanders are good enough to win at the RDS.

If only. Think Ulster will lose to Ospreys, and Scarlets will lose to Munster. Leinster will lose to Ulster. Connacht will win all remaining fixtures, including Glasgow.

Connacht

Leinster

Glasgow

Scarlets

Ulster

Munster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 2 Apr - 23:02

Updated after Round 19.  It's getting tighter than a wasp's erse.

Last edited by Pot Hale on Wed 6 Apr - 19:33; edited 1 time in total
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 3 Apr - 9:55

Munchkin wrote:
jimbopip wrote:It's far to early to go into the pantry and start counting chickens.

But.... Whistle

So,
Ladyboys
Glasgow,
Craggy Island
Ulster.

Probably in that order.  

If only. Think Ulster will lose to Ospreys, and Scarlets will lose to Munster. Leinster will lose to Ulster. Connacht will win all remaining fixtures, including Glasgow.

Connacht

Leinster

Glasgow

Scarlets

If that's right Munchkin then for the last round, what sort of team Glasgow puts out will depend entirely on how likely they are to get a home semi out of a win. If it's mathematically impossible or extremely unlikely then we might as well play our ladies second XV to avoid injuries before the knock out stage.

Difficult at this juncture to work out whether a trip to the RDS or the Sportsground is more intimidating. I suspect the former. We are used to associating Galway with winning, regardless of how out of date that perception may currently be.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 3 Apr - 13:31

Think the only two teams that can beat Glasgow, in the run in, are Scarlets and Connacht. If Glasgow beat Scarlets, then think they will send their strongest to play Connacht, unless Connacht fall to Munster.

It will be tight, but I would give Connacht a slight edge playing at home. A very slight edge. Think it also depends on what team Connacht send over to Grenoble, for the Challenge Cup. They should rest their key players for that game, and focus on the Munster game the following week.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sun 3 Apr - 19:33

Munchkin wrote:Think the only two teams that can beat Glasgow, in the run in, are Scarlets and Connacht. If Glasgow beat Scarlets, then think they will send their strongest to play Connacht, unless Connacht fall to Munster.

It will be tight, but I would give Connacht a slight edge playing at home. A very slight edge. Think it also depends on what team Connacht send over to Grenoble, for the Challenge Cup. They should rest their key players for that game, and focus on the Munster game the following week.

Houl yer horses there Munchkin, if Connacht win the CC do the pr012 get another qualification spot into the champions cup?

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 3 Apr - 19:42

The Great Aukster wrote:
Munchkin wrote:Think the only two teams that can beat Glasgow, in the run in, are Scarlets and Connacht. If Glasgow beat Scarlets, then think they will send their strongest to play Connacht, unless Connacht fall to Munster.

Houl yer horses there Munchkin, if Connacht win the CC do the pr012 get another qualification spot into the champions cup?

The extra spot would go to the Irish wouldn't it? That would be good as one of you is likely to miss out due to a spot being reserved for the Italians.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sun 3 Apr - 19:59

mikey_dragon wrote:
The Great Aukster wrote:

The extra spot would go to the Irish wouldn't it? That would be good as one of you is likely to miss out due to a spot being reserved for the Italians.

Guess it would have to be the league as all 4 Irish teams will be in the top 7, so either qualified already or in 7th needing the extra place. If the Dragons win, do they automatically qualify?

If the Dragons and Cinnacht win this coming weekend it would be interesting.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 3 Apr - 20:16

The Great Aukster wrote:

I think they would go through automatically, but they're going through now anyway, due to their Pro12 place. If they won it then the qualification would go to the 7th placed team in Pro12.

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Sun 3 Apr - 23:06

The Great Aukster wrote:

If the Dragons win, they will qualify for the Champions Cup. If Connacht win, they having already qualified for the Champions Cup, their spot will go to their league, meaning that the top 7 in the Pro12 (plus the resident Italian punchbag) will qualify. Edinburgh and Cardiff must surely be hoping for that!
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Wed 6 Apr - 18:15

Ulster too!

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 6 Apr - 18:26

IanBru wrote:
The Great Aukster wrote:

If the Dragons win, they will qualify for the Champions Cup. If Connacht win, they having already qualified for the Champions Cup, their spot will go to their league, meaning that the top 7 in the Pro12 (plus the resident Italian punchbag) will qualify. Edinburgh and Cardiff must surely be hoping for that!

No doubt. From reading some of Lam's comments it seems that he really wants to challenge for both the Challenge Cup and a top two place in the league. Personally think Connacht should focus on the league, but the results will tell, one way or another.

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 6 Apr - 18:45

Munchkin wrote:
IanBru wrote:
The Great Aukster wrote:

No doubt. From reading some of Lam's comments it seems that he really wants to challenge for both the Challenge Cup and a top two place in the league. Personally think Connacht should focus on the league, but the results will tell, one way or another.

There have been a few comments on this subject, but I have to say that it is inconceivable that Connacht won't give it 100% in their cup game. It is massively important to them, as it would be to any side that has come through a qualifying group of six hard games. Once you start being selective about which games you turn up for, then it is a slippery slope into declining standards.

It won't be easy to play on two fronts and yes it may well cost them in the league, but there is absolutely no way that they won't go for it and you just have to applaud them, or any of the other relative minnows who would do the same in their situation. You play to win and if that is in your DNA, it will only benefit you in the longer term,

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 6 Apr - 18:51

No, I applaud smart thinking, and if they don't have the resources to battle on both fronts, that's not smart thinking.

This year is Connachts big chance to reach a Pro12 final, and probably win it, if Glasgow don't make it.

Connacht had to fight hard in the Challenge Cup. They didn't know then what they know now; that they will qualify for next seasons Champions Cup.

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 6 Apr - 19:08

How do you think they would feel and how do you think it would look if they put out a B team in a cup quarter final and then got hammered? What would that do to the rest of their season as well and how would any of their fans who made the journey to France feel as well.

They are in the position they are in, still fighting for glory on two fronts. Lets face it, most teams would have bitten your hand off to be in that position at the beginning of the season. They are obliged to see it through and I am sure they will.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 6 Apr - 19:51

I don't think they should send a B team. Just rest a few key players. I'm sure they will feel fine knowing that a sacrifice may have been required if it gets them to the final.

You acknowledge that 'fighting for glory' on two fronts may cost them a place in the final. How do you think they will feel if they spread themselves thinner than they already are, and miss out on both? No Challenge Cup, and no Pro12 final....

I just don't want Connacht to play into the hands of those challenging a top 2 finish in the league. Realistically, only Glasgow. I would love to be proven wrong, and for Connacht to win all remaining games in both competitions, but I doubt it, due to injuries.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 16 Apr - 18:00

So how are the top 8 looking now...

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 16 Apr - 18:07

mikey_dragon wrote:So how are the top 8 looking now...

Different.

It's looking likely that Glasgow could possibly finish first. They thrashed a hapless Scarlets side today and should get a 5-pointer against Treviso next week.

Am beginning to wonder if the automatic country placing will operate for both Wales as well as Italy this season, with Scarlets being edged out, albeit they have a game against Dragons they should win.

Edinburgh will be massively up for their game against Munster next week. Munster have to win against Connacht later this evening.

It's a complete dog eat dog finale.

Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 16 Apr - 18:15

If no welsh team is in the top six then thats bad for Edinburgh? IE edinburgh would have to finish 5th to go thru?

so that means Edinburgh need Scarlets to get into the top six and to edge out either Munster or Ulster? Getting ahead of the scarlets won't necessarily help Edinburgh?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 16 Apr - 18:19

Blues still think they're in top 6 reckoning as well...

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 16 Apr - 18:36

mikey_dragon wrote:Blues still think they're in top 6 reckoning as well...

I suppose they could be - its pretty tight 5 pts behind edinburgh and Munster with a game in hand over Edinburgh. Edinburgh currently 6th

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 16 Apr - 20:12

Munster on the wrong end of the scoreline at half-time against Connacht. After taking the lead through a great try by Zebo, they've had two yellow cards, and now Connacht are ahead 201-14 with another 8 minutes on one of the yellow cards.

Could Connacht take a five-pointer out of this to be equal on points with Leinster?

Could Munster get themselves a LBP at least to lift them into sixth spot?

Scarlets should be getting 4 points against Dragons. And then a possible winner takes all against Munster in the final round. Although if Munster go into that final match in 6th spot, then they could find themselves winning and still losing their EU spot to Scarlets.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 16 Apr - 20:33

201-14, Munster are definitely on the wrong end there. That said, I would like for a team like Connacht (as it's obviously not going to be the Scarlets) to win the league. They didn't rest players last weekend and gave it a good shot, and here they are again playing as well as they have been all season. The league could do with a new 'big gun' and Connacht look as if they fit the bill. It would also be good (for Ireland) to have four strong Irish Provinces playing in the league.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 16 Apr - 21:08

A proper trouncing and the double over Munster - well deserved TBP win for them - 32-14 with a few minutes to go.

Last chance saloon for Munster next week at home against Edinburgh.

Pat Lam for manager of the season??
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 16 Apr - 21:14

Pot Hale wrote:

Pat Lam for manager of the season??
Has to be Pot Hale, excellent achievement.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 16 Apr - 21:15

Outstanding win for Connacht after a tough losing European game last week.

A last minute penalty gives them 35-14 to win.

Home semi-final for playoffs nearly guaranteed.

Only blight is a possible injury to Aki who had a fantastic game.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 16 Apr - 21:18

If Edinburgh beat munster then Edinburgh should be in the euro cup? should beat the blues ( I hope)

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 16 Apr - 21:22

TJ wrote:If Edinburgh beat munster then Edinburgh should be in the euro cup?  should beat the blues ( I hope)

Blues have been in outstanding form of late, i wouldn't bet a penny for an Edinburgh win! And i think Munster will be incredibly hard to beat in a fortnight.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 16 Apr - 21:31

So Leinster, Connacht and Glasgow now definitely confirmed for Champions cup. Ulster nearly there, but they have Leinster next week, who'll be looking to top the league whilst Ulster want to remain in the playoff spots.

Scarlets have been falling slightly, but a likely away win against Dragons next week could move them ahead of Ulster and into the playoffs before their final match against Munster.

Cardiff could still sneak in there with their final three games against lower-ranked competition - Ospreys, Dragons and Edinburgh.

Edinburgh with a win against Munster next week could still keep it in there.

Who needs European rugby? Roll on two weeks time.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 16 Apr - 21:35

VinceWLB wrote:
TJ wrote:If Edinburgh beat munster then Edinburgh should be in the euro cup?  should beat the blues ( I hope)

Blues have been in outstanding form of late, i wouldn't bet a penny for an Edinburgh win! And i think Munster will be incredibly hard to beat in a fortnight.

Sad

I have to say I wouldn't bet a penny for an edinburgh win - too many soft defeats this season

Ok - lets hope Connacht win the minnows cup then we can go thru in 7th place

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 16 Apr - 21:37

TJ wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:

Sad

I have to say I wouldn't bet a penny for an edinburgh win - too many soft defeats this season

Errr........

You weren't watching the quarter-finals last weekend then? Smile
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 16 Apr - 21:38

Pot Hale wrote:So Leinster, Connacht and Glasgow now definitely confirmed for Champions cup.   Ulster nearly there, but they have Leinster next week, who'll be looking to top the league whilst Ulster want to remain in the playoff spots.

Scarlets have been falling slightly, but a likely away win against Dragons next week could move them ahead of Ulster and into the playoffs before their final match against Munster.

Cardiff could still sneak in there with their final three games against lower-ranked competition - Ospreys, Dragons and Edinburgh.

Who needs European rugby?  Roll on two weeks time.
Pot they'll lose to us as they usually do, especially if it is true that AWJ could be back for this game.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 16 Apr - 22:06

wayne wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:So Leinster, Connacht and Glasgow now definitely confirmed for Champions cup.   Ulster nearly there, but they have Leinster next week, who'll be looking to top the league whilst Ulster want to remain in the playoff spots.

Pot they'll lose to us as they usually do, especially if it is true that AWJ could be back for this game.

Sorry Wayne for my ignorance - who is 'they' and who is 'us'?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sat 16 Apr - 22:06

Pot Hale wrote:Scarlets have been falling slightly, but a likely away win against Dragons next week could move them ahead of Ulster and into the playoffs before their final match against Munster.

The Scarlets playoff hopes are now realistically over. So from our point of view I think we are hoping for a win against the Dragons, or the Blues to slip up in one of their remaining games, to secure Europe next season. Otherwise it could end up a real disappointing season, especially given how well it started.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 16 Apr - 22:14

Pot Hale wrote:
wayne wrote:

Pot we are the Ospreys and they are the Blues, we meet at the Millenium Stadium on Judgement Day in a fortnight. Are you telling me you don't know who AWJ plays for?

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 16 Apr - 22:16

Pot Hale wrote:
TJ wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:

Sad

Errr........

I think he meant the Dragons, who have to beat South Africa B before going on to play and beat what would most likely be Quins in the final...

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 16 Apr - 22:24

wayne wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
wayne wrote:

Pot we are the Ospreys and they are the Blues, we meet at the Millenium Stadium on Judgement Day in a fortnight. Are you telling me you don't know who AWJ plays for?

Erm Of course I do....I was just checking to see if you knew.....
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 16 Apr - 23:19

mikey_dragon wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
TJ wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:

Sad

Errr........

I think he meant the Dragons, who have to beat South Africa B before going on to play and beat what would most likely be Quins in the final...

I think I am just confused Doh dragons winning wouldn't help Edinburgh as they are not going to be above us in the league. right - so we ( Edinburgh) just need to whoop Munsters ass and then the blues and then we rule the world?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by brennomac Sun 17 Apr - 11:19

The run in is going to be oh so tight. Right now I see Leinster on 74 pts - 5 pts from Treviso and 1 from the away game v Ulster. Both Coooacht and Glasgow should pick up 5 pts from their Italian games so final game between is a shoot-out for a home SF and despite last nights heroics and playing at home I'd make Glasgow marginal favourites to win with aLBP for the westies. That would put Glasgow on top with 75 with Leinster ahead of Connacht on points difference. Hope I'm wrong though. Think Ulster will hold on to 4th spot so SFs are Glasgow-Ulster and Leinster-Connacht. Also think Scarlets and Munster will hold on to final Euro spots - surely even Munster can't screw up two home matches. But then........

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 17 Apr - 12:01

Munster / Edinburgh could effectively be a shoot out for the last euro cup place could it not?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 17 Apr - 12:30

I go back and forward on Ulster. Yes, we have some genuine class in the back line but this is the worst pack we've had in years, both in terms of coaching and players. But if we get Herbst and Williams back in the saddle it starts to look much better. Also if McCall starts- inexplicable that he isn't. Henderson looks like a square peg in a round hole in the back row and is still rusty. We need him to find some form too, and move in to lock.

We could just as easily lose both game as win them, but if we beat Leinster I feel confident our momentum will carry us over the line and into the playoffs- but that should be an incredibly tight, hard to predict game. Just hope Williams is fit for it.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon Mon 18 Apr - 10:40

I think we can agree this has been the most absorbing P12/Rabo/Celtic league ever. Only the Dragons have nothing to play for in the league, but at least they are still in Europe.

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 21 Apr - 3:31

Leinster v Connacht Final. Meant to be. I'm there.

Think we may get overrun by sexy rugby. How ironic is that? I just love watching them play.

Logic tells us that Glasgow are the strongest team in the competition and on a form-roll. We'll take em out I reckon.

Connacht would be righteous  PRO12 Champions. Be superb for our league and a large  wake-up call for our lazy, backward-thinking, money at all costs, Home Unions.

Open, no-fear, heads-up rugby. Well ahead of  the dire-to-watch, moneyed-up Frogs and English.

I'm an incurable romantic. Shoot me.

Believe.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next