The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gloucester vs Dragons RCC Quarter Final

+18
Shifty
glamorganalun
exile jack
LeinsterFan4life
Coleman
VinceWLB
mikey_dragon
True Raven
wayne
Luckless Pedestrian
Stone Motif
LondonTiger
Blueschief
RiscaGame
PenfroPete
HongKongCherry
Cardiff Dave
GavinDragon
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gloucester vs Dragons RCC Quarter Final Empty Gloucester vs Dragons RCC Quarter Final

Post by GavinDragon Fri 08 Apr 2016, 1:04 pm

Gloucester: T Marshall, R Cook, H Trinder, M Atkinson, S McColl, J Hook, G Laidlaw (captain), P McAllister, R Hibbard, J Afoa, T Savage, M Galarza, S Kalamafoni, M Kvesic, B Morgan. Replacements: D Dawidiuk, Y Thomas, P Doran-Jones, E Stooke, G Evans, C Braley, O Thorley, J Rowan.

Dragons: C Meyer, A Hughes, T Morgan, A Warren, H Amos, D Jones, S Pretorius, P Price, E Dee, B Harris, R Landman, N Crosswell, L Evans (captain), N Cudd, T Faletau. Replacements: R Buckley, B Stankovich, S Knight, M Screech, E Jackson, C Davies, A O’Brien, GR Jones.

I am very much looking forward to a good day out in Gloucester (then onto Cheltenham afterwards), but I am not looking forward to the drubbling that awaits us. I think there will by one try in it at half time, but then Glaws will pull away in the last 20.

Regardless, I shall be there in my dragons jersey screaming #suftmog at the top of my lungs and enjoying some banter with the shed faithful! Ale Ale Ale

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Gloucester vs Dragons RCC Quarter Final Empty Re: Gloucester vs Dragons RCC Quarter Final

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 08 Apr 2016, 1:15 pm

GTWHMOG!
Come on Drags.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Gloucester vs Dragons RCC Quarter Final Empty Re: Gloucester vs Dragons RCC Quarter Final

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 08 Apr 2016, 1:25 pm

GavinDragon wrote:Gloucester: T Marshall, R Cook, H Trinder, M Atkinson, S McColl, J Hook, G Laidlaw (captain), P McAllister, R Hibbard, J Afoa, T Savage, M Galarza, S Kalamafoni, M Kvesic, B Morgan. Replacements: D Dawidiuk, Y Thomas, P Doran-Jones, E Stooke, G Evans, C Braley, O Thorley, J Rowan.

Dragons: C Meyer, A Hughes, T Morgan, A Warren, H Amos, D Jones, S Pretorius, P Price, E Dee, B Harris, R Landman, N Crosswell, L Evans (captain), N Cudd, T Faletau. Replacements: R Buckley, B Stankovich, S Knight, M Screech, E Jackson, C Davies, A O’Brien, GR Jones.

I am very much looking forward to a good day out in Gloucester (then onto Cheltenham afterwards), but I am not looking forward to the drubbling that awaits us. I think there will by one try in it at half time, but then Glaws will pull away in the last 20.

Regardless, I shall be there in my dragons jersey screaming #suftmog at the top of my lungs and enjoying some banter with the shed faithful! Ale Ale Ale

I think you may be surprised. The 2 things we're consistent with are our inconsistency and poor 2nd halves. If you're in it at half time you'll stand a very real chance of winning. I'm expecting it to be a close, error strewn game.

Enjoy the game Ale
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri 08 Apr 2016, 1:25 pm

12:45 - Sky Sports 2
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri 08 Apr 2016, 4:15 pm

About as strong as we could've hoped for. I would have liked Jack Dixon on the bench, as I assume he has had no issues from playing for Bedwas and he is a better player than GR Jones. The only somewhat strange selection is Nick Crosswell in the row instead of Screech.

Just hope we give a good account of ourselves.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueschief Fri 08 Apr 2016, 4:48 pm

Good luck Dragons, hope you do it.

Blueschief

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 08 Apr 2016, 5:01 pm

HKC,

I know that Glaws have no fit/unsuspended wingers ruling out sharples, May, Halaifonua (sp?), but is Rowan wearing 23 a tactical decision or are the likes of Burns, 36, Meakes, Purdey, Protheroe also injured?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 08 Apr 2016, 6:35 pm

LT, not sure about Protheroe but the rest are all injured. May, Sharples, Burns and Purdy are out for the season and 36 and Meakes have knocks. My understanding is that's pretty much the only 23 players we have fit!
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Fri 08 Apr 2016, 7:59 pm

RiscaGame wrote:About as strong as we could've hoped for. I would have liked Jack Dixon on the bench, as I assume he has had no issues from playing for Bedwas and he is a better player than GR Jones. The only somewhat strange selection is Nick Crosswell in the row instead of Screech.

Just hope we give a good account of ourselves.

Hey, it worked in last year's QF. In Lynworld this is therfore a tactical selection.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 08 Apr 2016, 9:47 pm

GavinDragon wrote:Gloucester: T Marshall, R Cook, H Trinder, M Atkinson, S McColl, J Hook, G Laidlaw (captain), P McAllister, R Hibbard, J Afoa, T Savage, M Galarza, S Kalamafoni, M Kvesic, B Morgan. Replacements: D Dawidiuk, Y Thomas, P Doran-Jones, E Stooke, G Evans, C Braley, O Thorley, J Rowan.

Eugh!
Anyway Mog, have a great time. I'll be thinking of ewe...in your furcoat, flares and platforms.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sat 09 Apr 2016, 6:05 am

Mark...

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 09 Apr 2016, 9:48 am

Good luck Dragons, I hope you can carry Welsh hopes a bit further on in Europe this season.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 09 Apr 2016, 1:27 pm

Well played The Greatest Fly Half To Emerge From The Gwent Valleys Since David Watkins missing those two kicks and eating down the clock with Zebedee in the dusty.

Good effort drawing the bin period 3-3

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 09 Apr 2016, 1:28 pm

Sounds an error strewn game though. Missed kicks at goal and kickoffs out on the full for both teams.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 09 Apr 2016, 1:29 pm

Seems to me the ref is being a little uneven in his handling of the breakdown.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 09 Apr 2016, 1:30 pm

Mind you, Glaws have been appalling

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 09 Apr 2016, 1:36 pm

Huge opportunity leading at HT and Laidlaw in the bin now

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Sat 09 Apr 2016, 1:42 pm

Probably helped that Lyn jones couldn't be at the game due to illness

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 09 Apr 2016, 1:45 pm

True Raven wrote:Probably helped that Lyn jones couldn't be at the game due to illness

I didn't want to jinx it, but that has been my thoughts. Whoever gave him that bad belly is going to get a firm handshake, after that first half.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 09 Apr 2016, 1:57 pm

If we had combined what we did last season with some driving lineouts on top of what else we seem to be doing, we could be fairly comfortable by now. That's the impression I get from the Argus anyway.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 09 Apr 2016, 2:03 pm

So remind me again why we're winning? At what minute shall we lose the game?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 09 Apr 2016, 2:04 pm

RiscaGame wrote:
True Raven wrote:Probably helped that Lyn jones couldn't be at the game due to illness

I didn't want to jinx it, but that has been my thoughts. Whoever gave him that bad belly is going to get a firm handshake, after that first half.

Yahoo

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 09 Apr 2016, 2:05 pm

It's so frustrating not being able to watch it. I hear Meyer's kick was decent.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 09 Apr 2016, 2:06 pm

I'm no expert but I think we need to get the ball to Morgan and Amos so we can score some tries.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Sat 09 Apr 2016, 2:07 pm

Dee is having a great game but faletau is playing phenomenally. Such a shame he's off at the end of the season

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 09 Apr 2016, 2:12 pm

Ah well. Didn't sound like Montpellier away would've been an easy task anyway Wink

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Sat 09 Apr 2016, 2:25 pm

The Gloucester left winger is such a tool, letting the dragons back in this

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Sat 09 Apr 2016, 2:28 pm

Fortune favours the brave. Turned down an easy penalty to level and went for the lineout. Great work by the pack gives Charlie Davies a try

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 09 Apr 2016, 2:30 pm

1min to go........

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 09 Apr 2016, 2:32 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:So remind me again why we're winning? At what minute shall we lose the game?

Naysayer.
You won.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 09 Apr 2016, 2:34 pm

Fair play that's a cracking result for the Dragons out there. Well done to the Dragons fans on here.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Sat 09 Apr 2016, 2:34 pm

Deserved victory for the dragons, easily the better side. Hook and hibbard should come home, wasting their careers playing for gloucester

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 09 Apr 2016, 2:36 pm

Told you. Driving lineouts.

I am sure Dowlais will be most pleased.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Apr 2016, 2:36 pm

Well done, Dragons. Great result clap

Didn't get to watch it, but must have been intense in the last quarter.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 09 Apr 2016, 2:41 pm

Loving that. Great way to end the drought. Sounds like Glaws have gone backwards in recent years, but probably not as much as we have. Commiserations cherry and whites.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 09 Apr 2016, 2:45 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:So remind me again why we're winning? At what minute shall we lose the game?

Naysayer.
You won.

Fans of Welsh 'regional' rugby = nay sayers. That include you blue faced lot.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 09 Apr 2016, 2:45 pm

GavinDragon must be having a grand old time.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sat 09 Apr 2016, 2:46 pm

Hell of a game. Real guts shown by the Dragons. The hooker Dee is very good. Be in the Wales camp with more games like that! Buzzing.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 09 Apr 2016, 2:59 pm

Good look against South Africa, c'mon the Dragons!

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 09 Apr 2016, 3:02 pm

Coleman wrote:Hell of a game. Real guts shown by the Dragons. The hooker Dee is very good. Be in the Wales camp with more games like that! Buzzing.

I assume you mean because it was close, with lead changing hands etc - rather than the quality.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by exile jack Sat 09 Apr 2016, 3:06 pm

Today,NGD have well and truly buttered the parsnips.Well done boys,good on you.Montpellier who?

exile jack

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Sat 09 Apr 2016, 3:07 pm

clap Well done Dreigiau !! Bubbly guinness cider Ale
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueschief Sat 09 Apr 2016, 3:18 pm

Ah brilliant win Dragons, thank you for carrying the Welsh flag in Europe Yahoo

Blueschief

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 09 Apr 2016, 4:05 pm

wayne wrote:Good luck Dragons, I hope you can carry Welsh hopes a bit further on in Europe this season.
Well done Dragons, totally the better team, go all the way this year.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 09 Apr 2016, 4:05 pm

Coleman wrote:Hell of a game. Real guts shown by the Dragons. The hooker Dee is very good. Be in the Wales camp with more games like that! Buzzing.

If Lyp stops picking TRT ahead of him

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 09 Apr 2016, 4:07 pm

I am delighted with this win, especially seeing as they were 15 games undefeated in this comp. It also can stop people saying we only beat teams that don't care about the comp. That said, I am also annoyed again (in a way) as it shows what we are capable of in the Pro 12.

But the latter doesn't really matter tonight. Can't wait to get back to Wales from work

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 09 Apr 2016, 10:29 pm

Well done Dragons some good moves in the backs and solid in defence and the set piece. Gloucester were did not have a clue how to handle the Dragons not playing game in the lineouts. The left wing is the not the brightest spark for Gloucester.

Well done again, go on and win the competition.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 09 Apr 2016, 11:47 pm

Just back in from the game (via a pre stag night reconnaissance mission to Cheltenham).

What can I say?

What a win. I would say it was a good performance, but to be honest, we have played that way previously in the past and thrown it away in the last 20 (which I fully expected this time). Considering Gloucester had an All Black, 2 British Lions, and and English international 8 I thought they were poor. Still, a fantastic win.

However, more important than that for me, it was one of the best rugby experiences I have ever had. The shed, or "Hazell Shed" as we had commandeered it, was rocking. SUFTMOG was sung unanimously among the usual "he knocked it on" and "he's only got one arm" chants. It was such a good atmosphere. And the glawster fans showed their class by clapping us dragons fans as they exited the ground in front of us.

Very good day to be a dragon and man of gwent. Up there with the best of the region's victories - bring on Montpellier!

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Apr 2016, 12:00 am

Better than us. Your 2 and 3 were great

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sun 10 Apr 2016, 12:25 am

Elliot Dee is a very good young prospect. I certainly rate him higher than I do Hibbard who has been on the wane since 2013

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next