The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+10
Dolphin Ziggler
seanmichaels
Galted
Pal Joey
Alistair
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
ShahenshahG
rIck_dAgless
Rowley
14 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 10 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Rowley Fri 8 Apr - 7:45

First topic message reminder :

Hugh Jackman is a sunglasses indoors wearing obnoxious cockwomble.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 10 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 15 Apr - 12:36

Alistair wrote:I don't believe so.

Probably for the best...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 10 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 15 Apr - 12:36

The Loaded Dog wrote:

Tino, I forget exactly what part of the industry you are in... trading? If so, my brother has been through the wheels (last 20 years or so) in Asia with some of the big banks. Absolute w@ankers.

Yes mate, 16 years and counting.  Vastly different market to the one I joined in 1999.  I've worked for 2 banks (not at the moment) and they are generally full of w*nkers.

Best of luck with the new job.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 15 Apr - 12:44

Good luck TLD, though I would not be surprised give the location, that you may be pestered to be visited at work by sean...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 15 Apr - 13:05

Saw a documentary (I had seen before but forgotten the important detail) about how in 408 the great eastern hordes managed to cross the Rhine when it froze over... and that was pretty much the beginning of the acceleration of the fall of the Roman empire. Took another 80-100 or so years to take a full hold but there was no turning back after that as the dark ages set in for the next 400 years at least.

Can't help but see the modern parallel happening but at a much faster rate - like over a few summers? Some countries are obviously more vulnerable than others but what gets me is that this current situation has been 'designed' by a few to deliberately cause extra chaos and confusion for hundreds of millions of peace loving people. It's just too phucking much... it really is. Not all at once please!

I see even some Bulgarian farmers have nabbed a few Afghans at the border and said "No! Go home... we do not want you here. Go!"
So sad... but I can understand why they feel this way. They seemed so angry... and the new arrivals completely stunned by the reception.

Shah - you have the best of both worlds. Any Kashmir who posts 60's pop videos has already fully assimilated in what's left of the once great western culture. ~ (I don't mean to sound patronising or anything... but it's just from my point of view way down here.... I may be wrong of course) ~

btw, I think it is stronger than it seems (western culture). We just get bombarded with every little piece of info/news that is dug up and thrown in our faces by certain journos who think it is of highest importance to us. Like someone said to me recently - stop watching the 24 hour news cycle... it can harm you in a big way psychologically. However, you must keep aware of what's happening on the other hand. A double-edge sword, folks.

Apologies for the rant - I was just looking at Geoff's post above and his location.
Hang in there mate! It sure must be a test of patience at your work. Don't let anyone break you down; try even harder to disengage the emotion when dealing with others. Keep sane.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 15 Apr - 13:18

Fish, chips and mushy peas 9/10

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 15 Apr - 13:22

caviar, red velvet cake and a coke zero. 6/10

As if...

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 15 Apr - 13:31

rick_dagless wrote:Fish, chips and mushy peas 9/10

riCK - in Runcorn, we never asked for mushy peas, it was just 'fish, chips and peas' on the assumption that they would come in a mushy form otherwise the person serving would get stabbed in the face with a penknife.

Was that local to us or did you folk from Northwich also just ask for 'peas'?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 15 Apr - 13:38

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

riCK - in Runcorn, we never asked for mushy peas, it was just 'fish, chips and peas' on the assumption that they would come in a mushy form otherwise the person serving would get stabbed in the face with a penknife.

Just peas, and usually gravy as well...

If they served garden peas it would go down like a sh1t sandwich, and someone would have been stabbed, so assumptions were made.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 15 Apr - 13:46

rick_dagless wrote:

Just peas, and usually gravy as well...

If they served garden peas it would go down like a sh1t sandwich, and someone would have been stabbed, so assumptions were made.

We really are from the best part of the country (sorry Jeff and Serial).

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 15 Apr - 13:50

True story mate... though this missionary work is important, so keep the faith

WANWAW

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 15 Apr - 15:21

Just catching up a bit. Did Tino really talk about the 'art' of trading?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 15 Apr - 15:24

JuliusHMarx wrote:Just catching up a bit. Did Tino really talk about the 'art' of trading?

Yeah I bloody did. And I'm proud of that post.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 15 Apr - 15:24

If he calls himself a marketeer there is no coming back for him.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 15 Apr - 15:26

Rowley wrote:If he calls himself a marketeer there is no coming back for him.

I put it in inverted commas for the sake of f*ck.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 15 Apr - 16:18

The Loaded Dog wrote:Saw a documentary (I had seen before but forgotten the important detail) about how in 408 the great eastern hordes managed to cross the Rhine when it froze over... and that was pretty much the beginning of the acceleration of the fall of the Roman empire. Took another 80-100 or so years to take a full hold but there was no turning back after that as the dark ages set in for the next 400 years at least.

Can't help but see the modern parallel happening but at a much faster rate - like over a few summers? Some countries are obviously more vulnerable than others but what gets me is that this current situation has been 'designed' by a few to deliberately cause extra chaos and confusion for hundreds of millions of peace loving people. It's just too phucking much... it really is. Not all at once please!

I see even some Bulgarian farmers have nabbed a few Afghans at the border and said "No! Go home... we do not want you here. Go!"
So sad... but I can understand why they feel this way. They seemed so angry... and the new arrivals completely stunned by the reception.

Shah - you have the best of both worlds. Any Kashmir who posts 60's pop videos has already fully assimilated in what's left of the once great western culture. ~ (I don't mean to sound patronising or anything... but it's just from my point of view way down here.... I may be wrong of course) ~

btw, I think it is stronger than it seems (western culture). We just get bombarded with every little piece of info/news that is dug up and thrown in our faces by certain journos who think it is of highest importance to us. Like someone said to me recently - stop watching the 24 hour news cycle... it can harm you in a big way psychologically. However, you must keep aware of what's happening on the other hand. A double-edge sword, folks.

Apologies for the rant - I was just looking at Geoff's post above and his location.
Hang in there mate! It sure must be a test of patience at your work. Don't let anyone break you down; try even harder to disengage the emotion when dealing with others. Keep sane.

Assimilated is the key word laughing

The Rise And Fall Of Empires: Ibn Khaldun’s Theory Of Social Development, you could do worse than read this book.

And Rowley, remember that racism is the refuge of the unimportant, and it takes time out of your busy schedule of w*nking in inappropriate places, listening to jazz and pestering TSMR for biannual sex.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 15 Apr - 16:38

Cheers for the advice Shah. You're right of course. I have actually had a bit of a turn around. I met a Somali today who was very nice, restored my faith somewhat.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 15 Apr - 16:50

Rowley wrote:Cheers for the advice Shah. You're right of course. I have actually had a bit of a turn around. I met a Somali today who was very nice, restored my faith somewhat.

I knew appealing to your self importance would do the trick. Let us celebrate with sober music from era's gone by.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dZj7YW5oFQ

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 15 Apr - 17:11

Going to see ELO at the NEC tomorrow night. Excited.
Saw them there in 1981!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 15 Apr - 17:21

JuliusHMarx wrote:Going to see ELO at the NEC tomorrow night. Excited.
Saw them there in 1981!

The years will sail by to this theme tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

I hope you enjoy it mate, remember to provide highlights and false sexual encounter anecdotes afterwards.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 15 Apr - 18:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8KmhmpaKuk

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 18 Apr - 6:55

FIST NOTCHES

Morning Reverend Rick and Templar TLD

Deep down in Louisiana close to New Orleans,
Way back up in the woods among the evergreens
There stood a log cabin made of earth and wood,
Where lived a country boy named Johnny B. Goode
Who never ever learned to read or write so well,
But he could play a guitar just like a ringing a bell.

[Chorus:]
Go Go
Go, Johnny, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go
Johnny B. Goode

He used to carry his guitar in a gunny sack
Or sit beneath the tree by the railroad track.
Oh, the engineers would see him sitting in the shade,
Strumming with the rhythm that the drivers made.
The people passing by, they would stop and say,
"Oh, my, but that little country boy could play!"

[Chorus]

His mother told him, "Someday you will be a man,
And you will be the leader of a big old band.
Many people coming from miles around
To hear you play your music when the sun go down.
Maybe someday your name will be in lights
Saying 'Johnny B. Goode tonight'."

[Chorus]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFo8-JqzSCM

Condolences Relegated Rowley and Goochless Galted. Congratulations Demented Delighted Dave.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 18 Apr - 7:28

Morning mate, I am good cheers how was the weeks end for you?

Sick

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 18 Apr - 7:29

https://youtu.be/Me8koyuX4YE

Morning notches.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 18 Apr - 7:36

Morning Jeff

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 18 Apr - 7:37

rick_dagless wrote:Morning mate, I am good cheers how was the weeks end for you?

Sick

Not bad - a whole lot of nothing really what about you? What you get up to?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 18 Apr - 7:41

Friends on Friday, watched the boxing on Saturday and lunch with the mother on Sunday, so all in all pretty darn good...

Looking forward to another fun filled week of CC shenanigans

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 18 Apr - 7:44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwyzMw3kImI

Some good stuff to wipe away memories of Jeff's stuff

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 18 Apr - 7:51

There is nothing wrong with the teardrop explodes. Classic 80s psych revival.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 18 Apr - 7:56

Rowley wrote:There is nothing wrong with the teardrop explodes. Classic 80s psych revival.

Let go, it's over. Hump the wife and buy a fast car.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 18 Apr - 8:26

Fine then hump the car and buy a fast wife.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 18 Apr - 8:42

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zju6KbP_1xY

Start as you mean to go on

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 18 Apr - 8:50

Good morning.

The average housefly lives for one month.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 18 Apr - 8:55

Morning Tino, not one of your better facts, but still interesting...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 18 Apr - 8:56

rick_dagless wrote:Morning Tino, not one of your better facts, but still interesting...

Thanks riCk. Feedback always welcome.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 18 Apr - 9:00

I enjoyed it Tina. The variety between the staggering and the mundane works well.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 18 Apr - 9:09

Rowley wrote:I enjoyed it Tina. The variety between the staggering and the mundane works well.

Again, feedback welcome.

Are you all in on Wednesday? Tomorrows is average at best but the one on Wednesday is outstanding. Better than the hair on the bee's eyeball thing.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 18 Apr - 9:12

I will be logging on bright and early on Wednesday mate so look forward to it.

Also I am impressed, though not surprised, that you have a fact schedule, rather than an ad hoc daily one.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 18 Apr - 9:15

rick_dagless wrote:rather than an ad hoc daily one.

God no, ricK. I have at least 30 lined up in a spreadsheet. When I get down to the last 5 I will refresh it with another 30.

It isn't just Union that likes lists.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 18 Apr - 9:25

I freestyle the songs, whatever is in my head when I wake up.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 18 Apr - 9:26

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Good morning.

There's no such thing as an average horsefly - they are all unique, special individuals.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 18 Apr - 9:29

JuliusHMarx wrote:

There's no such thing as an average horsefly - they are all unique, special individuals.

I didn't say anything about horseflies. Which are unique and special.

Houseflies are average though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 18 Apr - 9:29

Rowley wrote:I freestyle the songs, whatever is in my head when I wake up.

That's the difference between you and I, Jeff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 18 Apr - 9:33

JuliusHMarx wrote:

I didn't say anything about horseflies.  Which are unique and special.

You're in mean mode.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 18 Apr - 9:37

JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

You're in mean mode.

It's unlike you to make such a glaring error, Jules.

Are you under the weather this morning?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 18 Apr - 9:44

God no, ricK.  I have at least 30 lined up in a spreadsheet.  When I get down to the last 5 I will refresh it with another 30.

DayMedicine in Milk FormulaInjury SustainedJumper wornFact of the DayDaily greeting
MondayGeneral anaestheticEye BruiseGreenButterflies Are not GayMorning.
TuesdayGeneral anaestheticSplit LipGreenI have a dream that butterflies are not gayMorning.
WednesdayGeneral anaestheticBroken ArmGreenWhy was that butterfly a gayMorning.
ThursdayGeneral anaestheticBruised testesGreenHornets own butterfliesMorning.
FridayGeneral anaestheticBroken NoseGreenHornet and butterfly are now gays togetherMorning.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 18 Apr - 9:49

ShahenshahG wrote:

God no, ricK.  I have at least 30 lined up in a spreadsheet.  When I get down to the last 5 I will refresh it with another 30.

DayMedicine in Milk FormulaInjury SustainedJumper wornFact of the DayDaily greeting
MondayGeneral anaestheticEye BruiseGreenButterflies Are not GayMorning.
TuesdayGeneral anaestheticSplit LipGreenI have a dream that butterflies are not gayMorning.
WednesdayGeneral anaestheticBroken ArmGreenWhy was that butterfly a gayMorning.
ThursdayGeneral anaestheticBruised testesGreenHornets own butterfliesMorning.
FridayGeneral anaestheticBroken NoseGreenHornet and butterfly are now gays togetherMorning.

l*l out loud.

Impressive amount of work in that, Shah.

I'm wearing a black jumper today though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 18 Apr - 9:52

JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

You're in mean mode.

I'm well enough to make a statistics-based joke without anyone noticing.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 18 Apr - 9:53

JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

You're in mean mode.

I noticed and laughed out loud merrily, but was too busy making the table to respond

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 18 Apr - 9:55

ShahenshahG wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

You're in mean mode.

I noticed and laughed out loud merrily, but was too busy making the table to respond

I've just got it now.

L*l at you, Jules.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 18 Apr - 9:57

Rowley wrote:I freestyle the songs, whatever is in my head when I wake up.

That's the difference between you and I, Jeff.

I'm a maverick spirit Tina. I'm the Alex Higgins to your Steve Davis.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next